Rugby League World Cup

Started by Aerlik, October 25, 2008, 08:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 06, 2008, 03:45:26 PM
Considering the money invested, it is a failure. Simply economics, the money would have had a better return if invested elsewhere. Tallaght got to an All-Ireland u18 final a few years ago and to be only fielding 1 adult side at J4 is very disappointing.  I'm not been harsh, just been a realist.

from what i'm told they do plan on fielding two next year but i still do not see this as a failure, tallaght is an area that has never had rugby and now have alot of lads who have never played before now playing, this should grow and grow with the right encouragement. I do not think that this is something that should be decided on economics, if that was the case they should have given the cash to one or the senier clubs as it may have developed more talent but then you would complain that only D4 gets the cash.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 06, 2008, 03:50:19 PM
Dinny if I was you I wouldn't be wasting my energy on this fool..Fact is if even one member of the Rugby League team was from D4 Tankie would be creaming himself over the fact they are doing so well..
They are a credit to themselves and its great we have a Rugby team that can actually compete in a World Cup unlike those overhyped Rugby union fellas who once again flattered to deceive at last years World Cup

LL we are having a proper discussion here so if you have nothing constructive to say i'm sure there is some british soccer match from the 1990's being replayed on Sky Sports at the moment!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on November 06, 2008, 03:52:57 PM
Dinny if I was you I wouldn't be wasting my energy on this fool..Fact is if even one member of the Rugby League team was from D4 Tankie would be creaming himself over the fact they are doing so well..
They are a credit to themselves and its great we have a Rugby team that can actually compete in a World Cup unlike those overhyped Rugby union fellas who once again flattered to deceive at last years World Cup

LL we are having a proper discussion here so if you have nothing constructive to say i'm sure there is some british soccer match from the 1990's being replayed on Sky Sports at the moment!

Proper Discussion????   :D
More like Dinny is making a show of you and showing you up for the tool you are
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 06, 2008, 03:55:08 PM

Do you ever stop ruining threads with your shite comments?

also all i want is to promote a sport in a non rugby area and do not believe it should be judged on ecomonics just yet, but local stuff wouldnt really interest you so no wonder you have no problem supporting and irish team of brits!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on November 06, 2008, 04:03:35 PM

also all i want is to promote a sport in a non rugby area and do not believe it should be judged on ecomonics just yet, but local stuff wouldnt really interest you so no wonder you have no problem supporting and irish team of brits!

That hole your digging is getting rather large  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 06, 2008, 04:05:06 PM
Quote from: Tankie on November 06, 2008, 04:03:35 PM

That hole your digging is getting rather large  :D

stop trolling LL but by the looks of things you have once again successfully ruined another thread!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Dinny Breen

In fairness LL I don't think Tankie is a D4 head.

Look Tankie I'm not here to argue the failure/success of rugby in Tallaght. My point is that you dismiss the Irish Rugby league team yet one the players played for Leinster, is he not worthy of your support? Leinster Rugby which I support is no more mercenary than any professional support Rugby League included. What about all the rugby players that came via London Irish. (Briam Smith, Jim Staples, Simon Geoghegan, Justin Bishop etc etc), did you not support them? Brian Smith actually played for Oz and Ireland.

You might be on for promoting rugby in a non-rugby area but as it stands Tallaght has not worked, the IRFU it if wants to invest money in non-rugby areas would be better off in rural Leinster imho.
#newbridgeornowhere

Tankie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 06, 2008, 04:18:00 PM
In fairness LL I don't think Tankie is a D4 head.

Look Tankie I'm not here to argue the failure/success of rugby in Tallaght. My point is that you dismiss the Irish Rugby league team yet one the players played for Leinster, is he not worthy of your support? Leinster Rugby which I support is no more mercenary than any professional support Rugby League included. What about all the rugby players that came via London Irish. (Briam Smith, Jim Staples, Simon Geoghegan, Justin Bishop etc etc), did you not support them? Brian Smith actually played for Oz and Ireland.

You might be on for promoting rugby in a non-rugby area but as it stands Tallaght has not worked, the IRFU it if wants to invest money in non-rugby areas would be better off in rural Leinster imho.

I do see where you are coming from with the RL lads and maybe i am a bit harsh as I am very much about players playing for Ireland either being from Ireland and ideally playing in the country. I am not looking for these guys to lose and am verry happy for them to win but i just dont get that excited about it compare to how I will feel about Ireland playing over the next 3 weeks.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Old Bill

The Irish RL team are doing greta out in oz and they could show the soccer team a thing or do bout playing for the jersey and with passion.. no matter what their nationality. Samoa were rated 4th/5th in the world and our boys hammered them. great achievement. hope it will highlight the growth of RL in Ireland. Come on the Wolfhounds!

BallyhaiseMan

whats the RL National League like here in Ireland anyway? Good standard? Know a couple of lads who play/played on one of the north dublin teams.
Pair of Animals aswell!!

Bod Mor

Ireland can make the semi's for the first time ever in any world tournament competition tonight if we beat Fiji. That would be some achievment!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Carmen Stateside

Always found league more enjoyable than unioin!
Well done to all involved with the Irish team!
chances are that there is probably more on the RL team that knows the irish national anthem than there is on the Dublin team!

Aerlik

Good luck to OUR NATIONAL TEAM in the game tonight.  I'll be roaring you on from the AFL heartland of North Perth.

G'wan d'Irish
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Carmen Stateside

stephenite