Cartoons

Started by Hoof Hearted, October 24, 2008, 09:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Having a boring Friday (already) so i thought i would start this.
Being the father of a 16 month old daughter, the disney channel is never off, but it means i have had the chance to bring me back to my own childhood, long ago as it may be. Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Road Runner, Pink Panther etc etc is as funny now as it was 30 years ago.
Whats everyones favourite ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Handy

Scooby is good - I have been getting out dvd's from Xtra Vision for mine from years ago - Dungeons and Dragons, HE-Man, Superted etc - I think the funniest cartoon on is Spongebob.  :D

An Fear Rua

Captain Caveman
Battle of the Planets/G Force
Jo Jistsu
Hair bear bunch (as seen on Banana Splits)
Hong Kong Fuey
Touche Turtle
and many more
Its Grim up North

Bensars

With a young son, i also found myself revisiting many of the cartoon characters of my youth.
Theres a few rapidshare sites with childrens sections full of disney films and assosciated cartoons. I have started my own wee collection. The importance of these cannot be overstated when your looking for half an hours break.

corn02

Tom and Jerry, The Hurricancanes and Wacky Races.

Minder

My 2 year old daughter has recently discovered Fraggle Rock and loves it, an oldie but a goodie. It does not have the same "message" that Barney does but i was getting sick looking at the big fruit.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Handy

Quote from: Minder on October 24, 2008, 10:12:06 AM
My 2 year old daughter has recently discovered Fraggle Rock and loves it, an oldie but a goodie. It does not have the same "message" that Barney does but i was getting sick looking at the big fruit.........

:D :D Bear in the big blue house is more watchable with simliar messages.

under the bar

My kids love Scooby Doo, Rainbow & Ivor the Engine.

My personal fave is HK Phooey

Hoof Hearted

i have found myself wathing these now even when she goes to bed  :D
even the new range of stuff like Handy Manny + Tigger + Pooh
Tom + Jerry is still the most violent programme on TV. They continuosly knock fcuk out of each other with all the objects they can lay their hands on.

youngfella

USed to love Pinky and the Brain and earthworm jim - those were the days  :)
Pull hard and early

maco

Being the father of an almost 2 year old boy, I too am going through this stage. Current favourites for my son are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Tigger and Pooh - both of which I find highly amusing I have to admit!! When I was leaving for work at 8 this morning, my son was drinking tea and eating toast, in my bed, while watching Tigger and Pooh - I kid you not!!

Bensars

Whacky Races and the hairbear bunch were my favourites. Son currently loves the mickey Mouse playhouse and  tigger and poohs adventures.   In recent  years some of the disney and Pixar animated movies have been outstanding.
Any of you looking for some could do worse than looking here  www.katz.cd

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: maco on October 24, 2008, 10:35:15 AM
Being the father of an almost 2 year old boy, I too am going through this stage. Current favourites for my son are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Tigger and Pooh - both of which I find highly amusing I have to admit!! When I was leaving for work at 8 this morning, my son was drinking tea and eating toast, in my bed, while watching Tigger and Pooh - I kid you not!!

i was also doing that this morning too before i went to work. The only thing was my child had already left to go to the childminders :D

brokencrossbar1

Kids ages range in our house from 1 up to 10 and the rows over the TV are something else between the 3 year old and the 10 year old!

Peppa, Dora and Diego for the wee one, sometimes Mickey Mouse and Handy Manny.  The older one loves those stupid yank shows like Zac and Cody's suite Life and also the Yu gi Oh ones.  Thankfully, they eventually agree on Tom and Jerry, Scooby or Spongebob.  I could watch Spongebob all day!

Handy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 24, 2008, 11:02:50 AM
Kids ages range in our house from 1 up to 10 and the rows over the TV are something else between the 3 year old and the 10 year old!

Peppa, Dora and Diego for the wee one, sometimes Mickey Mouse and Handy Manny.  The older one loves those stupid yank shows like Zac and Cody's suite Life and also the Yu gi Oh ones.  Thankfully, they eventually agree on Tom and Jerry, Scooby or Spongebob.  I could watch Spongebob all day!

I think I have done!!