Ulster Club Hurling League

Started by Lecale2, January 05, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Hurley

Any word form the Ulster Hurling League this weekend, finding it hard to get any recent results or any League tables?

nrico2006

ulster.gaa.ie is a load of balls.  The site has no results up for a good while.  I know that Carrickmacross lost to Lurgan.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

leamtaighabu

i know lavey are still in the league but i have no idea what the craic is with fixtures whatsoever...we loughguile earlier on in the yr in a good entertaining game but have basically nothing since...we were down to play the johnnies on sat but it was called off...maybe it was because of the USHC semi..i am not sure...but definitely lavey are a club who enjoy the UHL as they are usually competitive entertaining games with no history of grudges..except of course if we end up playing dunloy ;D :D...just joking...

johnneycool

We've played very few Ulster league games this year ourselves, and i can't see it getting any better with the Christy Ring starting shortly.

Are other clubs getting and able to fulfill their fixtures?

Red Hurley

Any results from the weekend? Hard to get results or tables or is there any games being played at all. When are the knock outs starting?

theskull1

Dunloy beat Portaferry 2-17 to 1-11 on Saturday evening . Decent enough run out for both sides
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syd

Glenariffe beat Ballycran by 3 pts on Friday night, 2 understrength teams. We are just trying to get it over and done with.

maxpower

actually as someone who was far from the uhl biggest supporter initially i think it has worked quite well.  certainly i wouldn't like to have been relying solely on the antrim league for matches

The fact we've been fielding without our county men in most of the matches has actually helped as a bigger panel has been more involved this year,
What happens next????

maxpower

I assume we (Dunloy) are through to the Semi-finals for Ulster League, anyone know the scheduled dates, and do the winners of 1a play runners up in 1b and vv.
What happens next????

Glensman

Info I have in front of me says:

1/4 final: 16 June
1/2 final: 28 July (6 weeks preparation...)
Final:       8 September (6 weeks preparation...nerves will be a mess...)

I don't know if this applies to all divisions.

I assume the way it works would be first in the A division plays fourth in the B division...of whatever league.

Not sure though.

Spiritof98

We (Cuchullianns, Armagh) beat Newry Shamrocks on Thursday night past 4-10 to 2-7. An entertaining game with lots of positive forward play. We delt well with their county men  and did well up front without ours. the 1/4 finals are due for this weekend anyone got any fixtures, times or venues.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

maxpower

we (Dunloy) still have a game to play in the group stages, our first match of the competition was supposed to be against banagher but they had football match so was postponed, yet to e played.  i don't know if that would prevent the comp moving forward but urely we're not the only club to have games yet to be played
What happens next????

milltown row

SATURDAY 16th JUNE -

Ulster Hurling League Div 1 Quarter Finals
Dunloy V St Johns at 8.00pm at Ballymena
Ballycastle V Ballycran at 8.00pm at Pairc Lamh Dhearg
St Galls V Ballygalget at 8.00pm at Corrigan PK
Portaferry V Loughgiel at 6.30pm at Pairc Lamh Dhearg