Ulster Club Hurling League

Started by Lecale2, January 05, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Dunloy beat Ballycastle 3-10 to 1-9 in wintery conditions last night. The game was alot closer in fairness and it would also be fair to say that both teams didn't set the world alight performance wise.

Throw in for match was around 6:15pm and it was pretty dark over head by the end of the game. Don't know how the match with ourselves and St Galls could be played if conditions are the same on wednesday evening when the throw in will be 7:15 at the earliest?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Guillem2

Who do you play in the final Skull?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

maxpower

Dunloy play the winners of Loughgiel and Ballygalget in the final i think, anyone know when this game is fixed for
What happens next????

Glensman

From what I have heard the Div 4 final is scheduled for Casement - maybe a double header with the Div 1 final??

Division 1    
Semi Final
Ballygalget V Loughgiel - 25th August at 6.30pm (Venue TBC)

Final
Dunloy v Ballygalget/ Loughgiel - 8th September

Division 2   
Quarter Final
Burt V St Pauls - Thursday 16th August at Slaughtneil (7.00pm)

Semi Finals
Slaughtniel V Lamh Dhearg - 12th August at Randalstown (6.00pm)
Burt V Middletown - 25th August at 5.00pm (Venue TBC)

Final
Slaughtniel/Lamh Dhearg V Burt/Middletown - 8th September

Division 3    
Semi Final
Newry Shamrocks V Setanta - 25th August at Tattyreagh (5.00pm)

Final
Newry/Setanta V Tir Na nOg - 8th September

Division 4    
Final
St Endas V St Brigids C,Mills - 8th September   

Division 5    
Final
Four Masters V Ballymena - 25th August @ Tattyreagh (6.30pm) 

maxpower

the last group game of the SHC is on 9th september.
What happens next????

Give-it-Timber

Quote from: maxpower on August 22, 2007, 11:43:41 AM
the last group game of the SHC is on 9th september.

if it ends up Dunloy - Loughgeil UHL final, they should play for both as the SHC match will mean nothing.

milltown row

not if one of the teams slip up against ourselves timber ::)

no the game should be and will be played at Casement and taken seriously otherwise it will end up on the scrap heap. we got 6/7 games from it and if we hadn't then we would have had not too many hurling games this year.

if the ulster hurling league was played in the winter months it would better than arranging challenge games and there would be no excuse for not playing them. there has been more rain this summer than the winter months, pitches are better than ten years ago and not too many games have been called of this year.

Balboa

Quote from: milltown row on August 22, 2007, 02:22:24 PM
not if one of the teams slip up against ourselves timber ::)

no the game should be and will be played at Casement and taken seriously otherwise it will end up on the scrap heap. we got 6/7 games from it and if we hadn't then we would have had not too many hurling games this year.

if the ulster hurling league was played in the winter months it would better than arranging challenge games and there would be no excuse for not playing them. there has been more rain this summer than the winter months, pitches are better than ten years ago and not too many games have been called of this year.

Milltown i know its old ground but the problem this year was Ulster League on a Saturday evening and All County matches on the Sunday.

milltown row

so you have it in the winter months this wont affect your county hurlers as none of them played anyway. it's a competition to bring on fringe players and so.

timetabling will make it a good comp.

Guillem2

Can someone post the results from the semi finals later? I'll head out to Hannahstown if I get a chance later.

North Antrim

Loughgiel beat ballygalget by a couple of points. Dont know actual score. Fellow mcquillan gael who lives in city was at it and said it was a fiery enough encounter with both teams at full strenghth (as far as he thinks) - Winker watson was the difference between two teams. Im meeting him (mcquillan gael) in Boyd tomorrow wevening to kick start the lamas fair, so will get a full run down

Guillem2

I'd say winker could kick start the auld lamas fair alright! I didn't bet over but I thought this would be a full blooded encounter with both teams getting ready for the championship.

Lecale2

Ulster Club Hurling League Finals

- Saturday 15th September -
Extra Time if necessary in all games

Division 4 Final
St Endas (Antrim) v St Brigids (Antrim) at Casement Park (3.30pm)
Referee: Declan Magee (Down)

Division 1 Final
Dunloy (Antrim) v Loughgiel (Antrim) at Casement Park (5.00pm)
Referee: Gerard Devlin (Armagh)

Division 3 Final
Setanta (Donegal) v Tir na nOg (Antrim) at Celtic Park, Derry (3.30pm)
Referee: Eamon Hasson (Derry)

Division 2 Final
Slaughtneil (Derry) v Burt (Donegal) at Celtic Park, Derry (5.00pm)
Referee: Tommy McIntyre (Antrim)

theskull1

FYI Dunloy will not be there

I know for a fact that the organizer of this competition knew well in advance that Dunloy would be unable to fulfill this fixture on this date due to prior engagement which they committed to well over a month ago, so he's not doing much for the credibility of his own competition if he goes ahead and announces the fixture regardless. Also taking into consideration that both Dunloy and loughguile are preparing for the semi final of the championship (as are the biddies), this is not a game both clubs would want just at the moment. With floodlights in both ballycastle and casement there is no excuse for fixing these games on this date.

Take a bow  :-[
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

Ulster League should have been wrapped up a couple of months ago, if it is going to drag on & conflict with senior championship teams will not enter it next year.