McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Reillers to be honest I'm fed up reading you posting, " you don't understand, it was never about Gerald, it was about the county board!". And the same with Steve. All the evidence is it was about the manager because when Gerald left the strikers returned and in addition to that Sean og stated, after Gerald left, on national tv, that the players, "strikers", hoped everything could move on and that the players, "strikers" would work with Frank and the county board. Might not be word for word but wouldn't be far off the mark. I suppose it's hard for you and Steve to admit or acknowledge you've both been lead on.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 04, 2009, 04:02:52 PM
Reillers, I'm feeling charitable today so I will take some time out to help you broaden your horizons. Why, indeed, do we have a lengthy thread devoted to the treatment of Gerald McCarthy by the Cork strikers while the treatment of his namesake east of the Blackwater is relatively small beer. Why indeed. County managers being shafted by combinations of players, clubs, County board is, unfortunately, a rather common fact of life in the GAA. Just a quick list below of some persons who are entitled to feel let down at their treatment:

Hurling:

Cork Gerald McCarthy'
Waterford Justin McCarthy
Offaly Babs Keating.

Football

Derry Eamon Coleman (RIP)
Sligo Dominic Corrigan
Cavan Liam Austin, Val Andrews, Tom Carr (potentially)
Offaly Paul O Kelly, Gerry Fahy

The list goes on, but sure there's a few to be getting on with. Now, spot the Odd one out Reillers. Clue:

Which one of these counties featured players willing to disrupt national competitions, not giving a damn for the impact on other counties or club players in their quest to get rid of their boss?

So I suppose the moral of the story is that next time ye have a domestic, keep it in house like the rest of us and nobody will be unduly bothered.

Anyway, as regards the progess made, just to get back to my prior question which has been overlooked, when was the last time the Cork hurlers had their senior championship hurling done and dusted by end of July?

Add in Mayo: Mickey Moran too in football.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dowling

So I guess we can put the year down to a failure of Cork senior hurling based on a wrong analysis by some of the 2008 players. Fair enough?

orangeman

Well done to the Cork footballers who will contest the AI final in 4 weeks time. It's a pity the Cork County board didn't put the same organisation and resources into the hurlers who they quite obviously have neglected for a few years.

I hope the Cork CB have learned their lesson and that we will see the hurlers thrive again once the CB get their act together. The CB are a bloody disgrace !!

DuffleKing

Did the cork footballers not have to take drastic action to get the county board wasters to appoint counihan ?

Bing Crosby .

Not a fan of anything Cork since their latest strike but theiir footballers
showed tremendous character on Sunday .  Congrat to the footballers on a great display , they were dragged into striking by the Og's  and co.

dowling

See Frank Murphy's at his lark again with the Cork ladies getting into an All-Ireland final. Just imagine what they, and all the other teams in the county, could achieve if he wasn't about; although that's not to encourage death threats or anything.

DuffleKing

who was the guy frank had in as football manager before the players put their foot down to get counihan?

DuffleKing

Another appointment frank made for all the right reasons...

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on August 30, 2009, 01:38:22 AM
See Frank Murphy's at his lark again with the Cork ladies getting into an All-Ireland final. Just imagine what they, and all the other teams in the county, could achieve if he wasn't about; although that's not to encourage death threats or anything.

You see nothing wrong with your comment? Frank Murphy has NOTHING to do with the Cork ladies..thought you'd know that. Apparently not.

As for the death threats will you EVER let things go, get over it, it's been months.

orangeman

Jesus but the CB must really hate the hurlers who seem to get a raw deal all the time. If the hurlers were treated fairly, they'd be in the AI final as well and winning it. The CB are a disgrace and should be kicked out at the next AGM.

dowling

Secretary  Gobnait Ni Laoi, An Choill Mhór, Béal Áthan Ghaorthaidh,
Co. Chorcaí .
Reillers you mean that's the real secretary, and there was me thinking it was just a front for Frank.

muppet

The Ladies have their own association.
MWWSI 2017

dowling

I was just being a little sarcastic muppet, unusual for me I know but there ye go. Actually watched the semi against Mayo and thought they were well worth the win.