McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Aisake will do well when he gets up to speed might take him 12 months. Saw him on a county final for na piarsaigh where he was taking frees- so he has a fair bit of skill somewhere. But I wouldn't expect much this year. He will be very good given time.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 09, 2009, 03:29:12 PM
Quote from: awfulynice on June 09, 2009, 03:20:23 PM
Cant believe this thread is still going

BUT on the Cork - Tipp match

It was a poor game imo, its a factor of most of the games in the championship now that players are so fit and fast that no one has time on the ball, which results in 6 man tussles all around the pitch...one lad trying to rise it, ball gets flicked away..another lad tries to rise it..and so on until it finally breaks clear. It actually disimproves the game as a spectacle, and i think ive said in an earlier post, i think the better hurling will come from leinster this year with 2 good semi finals nearly gurranteed after the draw on sunday.

A game of two halves Tipp appeared to be running away with the game following the goal after half time, only for Cork to slap over point after point to cut it down to the minimum with a few minutes to go, Only for a bad pass by Setanta and some wayward misses by their forwards Cork would have caused an upset, but Tipp just about held on.

The game will do Corks reputation the world of good, but I think it actually says more about Tipp. I actually doubt they are serious contenders for the all ireland after the way they performed in the second half. The full back line looks to be in a bit of bother, The midfield was destroyed in the second half by John Gardiner and their forwards were dependant on Lar Corbett of all players for a lot of the second half. Eoin Kelly was kept extremely quiet all game, be it because of the injury or the Cork corner back, who apparently has marked him on many occasions and always does well on him i dont know but without him tipp are missing a vital component.

I think they will definately lose to Kilkenny in a final IF they get there. With possibly Galway or even Cork now providing the bigger threat to their all ireland title

Setanta?  ;) You've know idea how much I wish that line was true.

I heard that Setanta would come home and play for Cork if it weren't for FM - is this true?

awfulynice

Sorry I meant asaike...dont know what i was thinking writing that :o

Bud Wiser

I stand to be corrected but, is there any truth in the rumour that the Cork strikers are getting their pickets ready and prepared to strike again (for the good of the game) if  little Tommy Walsh is  allowed to play in any further round of the championsip ???
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 22, 2009, 11:43:22 PM
I stand to be corrected but, is there any truth in the rumour that the Cork strikers are getting their pickets ready and prepared to strike again (for the good of the game) if  little Tommy Walsh is  allowed to play in any further round of the championsip ???

A strike against a striker!! No truth in the rumour though - striking is a winter sport in Cork  :D

stephenite

What's this doing off the first page?

Donal Og is a gouger etc.

anglocelt39

Clearly time for new thread Current Cork Hurling bossman admits he does not have the backing of the Cork Hurlers. I think the get McCarthy out thing ended up not being a matter of principle simply a matter of getting rid of an impediment to winning All Irelands. Pretty poor season chaps
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

orangeman

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 18, 2009, 08:50:05 PM
Clearly time for new thread Current Cork Hurling bossman admits he does not have the backing of the Cork Hurlers. I think the get McCarthy out thing ended up not being a matter of principle simply a matter of getting rid of an impediment to winning All Irelands. Pretty poor season chaps

The point was made throughout the strike that the 2008 squad ought to have looked at themselves. They did not and have not.

Mc Carthy was a made a scapegoat. Now for the next one.

anglocelt39

And before anybody who is an apologist for the strikers comes on doling out their usual lines consider this...............Donal Og, Sean Og, Gah (?!) chose to live by the sword throughout their strike, well you know to old saying lads, time to get used to it.

BTW, is it only me or is it safe to say it wouldn't take you long to develop a bit of an allergy to Aisake?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

020304 Tir Eoghain

Great to see Galway hammering them back to the Lee. Donal Og, Sean Og......Og me hole ;D
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

theskull1

With all the bad Karma they created for themselves i feel it was inevitable that Cork would not be able to perform this year. I wonder did it play in Niall McCarthys head as he bore down on goal as he seemed to crumble at that critical moment?

Maybe now these boys will look at themselves in the mirror when looking for reasons why they aren't good enough anymore now that they don't have ger mccarthy to blame. Alot of people will be glad to see them chinned.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: theskull1 on July 19, 2009, 12:54:22 AM
With all the bad Karma they created for themselves i feel it was inevitable that Cork would not be able to perform this year. I wonder did it play in Niall McCarthys head as he bore down on goal as he seemed to crumble at that critical moment?

Maybe now these boys will look at themselves in the mirror when looking for reasons why they aren't good enough anymore now that they don't have ger mccarthy to blame. Alot of people will be glad to see them chinned.

GPA boys will be gutted.

dowling

I still don't think Cork are that far away but the strike obviously had impacted on the year. In spite of not yet clicking for a full match Tipp are still on the up and Galway are always full of talent and potential. Cork have slipped down the 'rankings' regardless of the strike and the players who instigated it and all the fallout from it need to have a good hard look at themselves.
Of course if Frank Murphy had put that one in the net at the end instead of blazing wide it could have been a different story. It was Frank wasn't it? Hard to tell with the helmets.

neilthemac

now Donal Óg will have lots of spare time to pursue his GPA agenda

orangeman

Quote from: dowling on July 19, 2009, 10:48:42 AM
I still don't think Cork are that far away but the strike obviously had impacted on the year. In spite of not yet clicking for a full match Tipp are still on the up and Galway are always full of talent and potential. Cork have slipped down the 'rankings' regardless of the strike and the players who instigated it and all the fallout from it need to have a good hard look at themselves.
Of course if Frank Murphy had put that one in the net at the end instead of blazing wide it could have been a different story. It was Frank wasn't it? Hard to tell with the helmets.
[/quote
]

:D

I could have sworn it was Frank with that lock of hair peering out through the helmet !!  ;) ;) ;)