McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 05, 2009, 09:00:24 PM
Reillers, before you go, and without mentioning the word "whine" can you tell me why the Cork team were in totally different tracksuits on Sunday to the ones in your avatar?  Did the boys get to keep the other ones or are they just for press conferences or did the county board say what was to be worn.  In any case you seem to have a lot more tracksuits than hurlers now, although I suppose coming from Laois I can't talk on that score.

Also, I think if Sean Og O'H had hurled as well last August as he did last Sunday there would be no need for any strike.  Can't see why he persists in running up to take sideline balls though and drives about three out of four six yards, generally after bending the hurls into an S hoop first and evety time someone bends a hurl before taking a line ball seems to get the same result.

Oh my God. You're as bad as the others. Still going on and on about the bloody tracksuits at the press conference, they are gear that they have gotten in the past as members of the panel, ffs.
I mean do I look like their feckin secetary.
The tracksuits they have are the ones they get for playing, each one of them. They are all suplied with the same tracksuits, no matter who they are. Just like the Tipp tracksuits or anyone else.

I'm not even going to bother responding to the rest of it because you are one of those, who refuse to talk about the game, and want to continue to stirr, and no matter what they accompish this season, you'll still complain about the past, every single time.

As for Sean Og, again,  you'll have to ask Walsh why he does it. I don't have a clue.

deiseach

Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 10:09:13 PM
I'm not even going to bother responding to the rest of it because you are one of those, who refuse to talk about the game, and want to continue to stirr, and no matter what they accompish this season, you'll still complain about the past, every single time.

You say it like it's a bad thing

stevetharlear

Christ, months later and the same old shite from both sides.

Get over it folks, the championship has started, all hostilities have been frgotten... til Convention...

Reillers

Quote from: stevetharlear on June 05, 2009, 11:43:57 PM
Christ, months later and the same old shite from both sides.

Get over it folks, the championship has started, all hostilities have been frgotten... til Convention...

Oh no, that's not possible at all with some of these type. There are so many things to discuss, strike anxiety making the hurlers play badly in the first half of the Tipp game, then there's the tracksuits, because God forbid we actually talk about the game.

Moving on please. Sure even the thought of moving on is ridiculous and "pathetic" I mean what else would they have to do on here, besides talk about the game that is. There'd be nothing left to complain about. Sure the fact that people in Cork being more interested this week in the U21 game that we had Weds night, then what happened months ago is "pathetic."

All of it is, we most sit and stew in missery and what happened months and months ago, instead of getting on with the hurling.

Moving on please, that would mean letting go of all that biterness and moving on, and actually talking about GAA..for once, and we all know, and it's been made perfectly clear, that we can't have that.

anglocelt39

Lads, for the love of F!@#@!ing jasus..................................................................................................

I don't care any more, providing Cork end up with five kinds of shite kicked out of them at some stage in the championship, by who I don't really care.

Now, on that conciliatory note, can we all move on and enjoy the summer weather, the championship, and all else that goes with it.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

dowling

Quote from: dowling on June 02, 2009, 07:05:09 PM
Exciting enough match on Sunday and have to say I'm surprised Cork got within three points but it's not as if Cork as a hurling team are down and outs. Thought Tipp were able to up the tempo the last five or ten minutes when they needed to and maybe could have won easier even though Cork had the bigger wide count. I'm not one to criticise referees but Tipp seemed to have to work harder to get frees and got very little within the easier scoring regions. Of course while other counties might fold before the match is really over I would never expect that from any Cork team.
There did appear to be some strike anxiety in the opening half and the RTE guest made a strong mention of the strike and division on the Cork mentality. Gathered themselves better in the second half but Tipp did seem to take their foot off the pedal.

Anyway anyone want to point out any discernible differences about how the Cork team played this year compared to under Gerald? I didn't think there were any; Niall and Timmy McCarthy came off, par for the course there, more long balls than a running game. Discussion and debate over the manager's selections and substitutions as happens with any manager.

I'd be inclined to believe the players' 'reasons' for wanting rid of Gerald can now be seen to be hollow and it was just a preference of
manager to the strikers.

There's my inital post match post lads and ladies. From my biased point of view nothing untoward and an opportunity to open up discussion on the game while at the same time offering a theory on the poor first half display. What happens? Zulu fires a tirade of abuse at me while Reillers accuses everyone of being racist! There hasn't been a lot of posts on this thread over the last while but surely the first really competitive match was an opportunity to discuss the playing side and how it fared in that particular match. Unfortunately the above mentioned posters are incapable of that and can only try to distort, deflect and cloud the discussion. Like Reillers in all his posts post match has concentrated one on it.

Zulu

Will you go away out of it you bluffer, in your 'discussion' about the match you mentioned the strike and after making a few general comments asked if anyone saw a difference between last years 'style of play' under Gerald and this years. You then went on to suggest that the players reasons for striking were hollow, so you were clearly bringing up the whole strike issue again. More's the point you then refuse to accept that you couldn't expect to see a difference in style in such a short space of time which indicates you know nothing about team sport. I'd have some respect for your opinion if you were man enough to admit when you are clearly wrong but you seem incapable of that. By the way I asked you what Cork's style of play was under Gerald and you didn't answer, could you enlighten us now, and how was it different to the style under Allen?

Bud Wiser

All I said was why do some players bend the hurl into an s hoop before taking a sideline ball and that Sean Og O' you know who does it and then ends up driving a fair percentage of line balls only five or six yards, one important one last Sunday at an important time in the game. Wexford for example had dedicated players like Martin Storey who could knock over many is the point from a line ball and then when I ask the question I am told to go and ask Walsh because Reillers is not the secretary.

The question about the tracksuits was a reasonable one too, actually I think the Press Conference numbers are much nicer and give a more warm calming glow to a room. Ye can say nothing about Cork now though or you are a racist or a shit stirrer or whining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRm9Q2KfzBA&feature=related

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

dowling

Zulu as this thread relates to the strike that's the perspective I'm coming at the match from.
I don't think that's illogical. If you want to say you don't think the strike had any affect on the game fair enough also but do you really need to give abuse along with that?

Zulu

Firstly dowling you've dished a fair bit of abuse yourself so climb down off that high horse your fond of getting on. Secondly any abuse you've got from me is simply an indication of my frustration with your inability to admit you are wrong, your lies and your unwillingness to retract them, your unwillingness to answer questions put directly to you and your tiresome obsession with turning everything into a 'strike' related issue.

QuoteZulu as this thread relates to the strike that's the perspective I'm coming at the match from.

If I'm to accept that as some kind of logic then you could blame the recession on the strike and justify it by putting it in this thread. If you genuinely wanted to talk about the game without polluting it with 'strike anxiety' type rubbish.

QuoteAll I said was why do some players bend the hurl into an s hoop before taking a sideline ball and that Sean Og O' you know who does it and then ends up driving a fair percentage of line balls only five or six yards, one important one last Sunday at an important time in the game.

Didn't you also say Sean Og played well? dowling disagrees but that is no surprise as he is increasingly showing himself to be very illinformed on hurling.

QuoteThe question about the tracksuits was a reasonable one too, actually I think the Press Conference numbers are much nicer and give a more warm calming glow to a room. Ye can say nothing about Cork now though or you are a racist or a shit stirrer or whining.

Nonsense, you are perfectly entitled to ask the question and I have never accussed you of anything as a consequence of asking it, least of all racist  ::).

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on June 06, 2009, 09:50:27 AM
Zulu as this thread relates to the strike that's the perspective I'm coming at the match from.
I don't think that's illogical. If you want to say you don't think the strike had any affect on the game fair enough also but do you really need to give abuse along with that?

Valid point. if it hadn't been for the strike and removal of mccarthy, cork would have been beaten out the gate.

bud - is sean og the only player who bends the hurl before sideline cuts?

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 06, 2009, 08:05:22 AM
All I said was why do some players bend the hurl into an s hoop before taking a sideline ball and that Sean Og O' you know who does it and then ends up driving a fair percentage of line balls only five or six yards, one important one last Sunday at an important time in the game. Wexford for example had dedicated players like Martin Storey who could knock over many is the point from a line ball and then when I ask the question I am told to go and ask Walsh because Reillers is not the secretary.

The question about the tracksuits was a reasonable one too, actually I think the Press Conference numbers are much nicer and give a more warm calming glow to a room. Ye can say nothing about Cork now though or you are a racist or a shit stirrer or whining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRm9Q2KfzBA&feature=related

Oh yet more insults from your type. Let me make this very clear, I accused no one of being a racist, I asked Heffo about his attitude, but that was it, but yet again you and your type blowing things out of proportion.
And then there's the few like yourself who continue to want to talk and complain and go on and on and on about something that happened months ago, and finished months ago, instead of you know, the Championship. Because God forbid ye move on and stop crying.

Whatever about Sean Og's question, which of course was in the middle of you dragging up what had happened, like the other obsessive ones.
And you're questions about the tracksuit was not reasonable because it's the same things you've been obsessing over for months, just like Dowling, you can't let it go. You know I'm sure that ye would rather that it was still going on, just so ye had something valid to be complaining about instead over going over things again and against that happened months ago, instead of actually talking about real GAA. And that, rambling on about tracksuits and questions you've asked 1000 times at this rate, (not far off I'd say) and complaining about Sean Og, does make you a shit stirrer.

And the link at the bottom, was it you trying to show us a funny video, no I doubt it seeing as everyone has seen that before. No, as typical you and your lot, you make a childish post that was meant as a childish insult, that has you thinking that you're just so funny.  ::) ::)

dowling

Zulu what exactly is wrong with you? Going on about lies? If I misrepresented you by grouping you with proposters saying there would be no consequences from the strike and the county was united I apologise. If that doesn't represent you then I fail to see why you're getting on the way you are. Anyway it wasn't an attempt to lie so why don't you stop trying to slur me.
GAA made a point about the match in relation to the strike, what's the big deal. It's consistent with his position throughout and while I disagree with it I'm not going to throw a fit and start abusing him, call him clueless or ill-informed.
Try to stifle the emotion a bit more and apply a little more logic and rational, from whatever perspective you want. After all this is only a debating board, we're not changing the world here. All you know about me is my perspective on the strike and now how it relates to one particular match yet you can muster so much venom to fire at me. Wise up.
As for misrepresentation, I referred to Sean og's first half performance being poor as were most of the Cork backs. Ill-informed? I watched the match. So you might wish to re-examine that.

Bud Wiser

Quotebud - is sean og the only player who bends the hurl before sideline cuts?

Absolutely not, and I am not going to bother looking back but I think I referred to the bending of hurls in general.  A lot of players bend the hurl before taking a sideline cut and if you do a little calculation as you watch matches as I have done you will see that those who do have less success than those who don't.  In my opinion bending a hurl before striking a sideline ball has absolutely no effect in making the stroke better, in fact the only way it would help with a stroke was if the player had an advertisement on the hurl and a camera caught it.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Zulu

QuoteZulu what exactly is wrong with you? Going on about lies? If I misrepresented you by grouping you with proposters saying there would be no consequences from the strike and the county was united I apologise.

Misrepresenting me? Well that is just another way of admitting you lied about what I said, either go back and check what I said or don't lie about what I said to try and back up your feeble argument. In saying that I accept your apology and will leavr it at that.

QuoteGAA made a point about the match in relation to the strike, what's the big deal. It's consistent with his position throughout and while I disagree with it I'm not going to throw a fit and start abusing him, call him clueless or ill-informed.

You mean this - "Valid point. if it hadn't been for the strike and removal of mccarthy, cork would have been beaten out the gate." I think he was being a bit sarcastic there and even if he wasn't he was responding to you. My problem with you is you're posting the same rubbish we have heard before, when the debate was in full flow you had your view and you made some reasonable points and I have no problem with that but the shagging thing is over and while, and for the thousanth time, it is a factor in Cork's championship it is only a small one. It doesn't deserve to be brought up at every turn which is what you are doing.

QuoteTry to stifle the emotion a bit more and apply a little more logic and rational, from whatever perspective you want. After all this is only a debating board, we're not changing the world here. All you know about me is my perspective on the strike and now how it relates to one particular match yet you can muster so much venom to fire at me. Wise up.

Jesus I've never meet anyone who has as little self awareness as you, that quote could be put on your gravestone.

QuoteAs for misrepresentation, I referred to Sean og's first half performance being poor as were most of the Cork backs. Ill-informed? I watched the match. So you might wish to re-examine that.

I couldn't care less if you reffed the match, Sean Og played well in the first half as did Cadogan for that matter, but your problem is you want to see problems in Cork that you can relate back to the strike. The fact that Cork have played poorly in the past and will do so in the future is irrelevant to you, any less than 15 man exhibition is proof that there are negative 'consequeces' from the strike.

P.S. In addition to lying about what I said, I pointed out you were annoying me because "of your inability to admit you are wrong, your unwillingness to answer questions put directly to you and your tiresome obsession with turning everything into a 'strike' related issue."

How about to set those ones right and I might be able to engage with you in a more civilised manner, though please God you might find it in yourself to talk about something other than the bloody strike so it will be on a new topic.