McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2009, 05:58:22 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 05:53:18 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 05, 2009, 05:37:25 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 05:19:47 PM
I really, really did not want to comment on you're ramblings Dowling, but it's gotten beyond obsessive at this stage don't you think?

You know what 90% of GAA people in Cork are talking about now? Take a guess?

....The Tipp Cork U21s match.

As someone who's from Cork, who lives in Cork and is involved in the club scene, listen to me when I say this,I promise you, NO ONE is really talking about what happened in the past months anymore.

People who said they'd never go to a Cork game again were first in line for tickets.
People who said way back when that they'd hope they'd loose were cheering them on all game.

We've moved on..so should you.

Pathetic if true...all that has been achieved then is a manager the players didn't want been removed. No changes at CB, no further push from the clubs and everyone has moved on.

Well done Cork/GPA.

But we want nothing more then to get on with things

Who's 'we'? The 'Cork Hurling public'? The GPA led Cork hurling panel of 2008? The disenfranchised?

Yes we the Cork hurling public.

Shouldn't you be studying for your LC or something?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 06:02:13 PM
I really, really did not want to comment on you're ramblings Dowling, but it's gotten beyond obsessive at this stage don't you think?

As someone who's from Cork, who lives in Cork and is involved in the club scene, listen to me when I say this,I promise you, NO ONE is really talking about what happened in the past months anymore.

People who said they'd never go to a Cork game again were first in line for tickets.
People who said way back when that they'd hope they'd loose were cheering them on all game.

Pathetic if true...all that has been achieved then is a manager the players didn't want been removed. No changes at CB, no further push from the clubs and everyone has moved on.

Well done Cork/GPA.

Who's 'we'? The 'Cork Hurling public'? The GPA led Cork hurling panel of 2008? The disenfranchised?

Can you define who exactly that is please?

Were you elected as their spokesperson or do you believe your love for the the 2008 panel (but not Cork GAA) entitles you to automatically grant such a position?

INDIANA

Well done Cork/GPA.

My sentiments exactly.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2009, 06:06:48 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

Were you elected as their spokesperson or do you believe your love for the the 2008 panel (but not Cork GAA) entitles you to automatically grant such a position?

Isn't the LC what ye call the Leaving Cert?

Really, how aren't you banned yet after the posting of the Obama poster, oh I forgot mods don't check here.

Not sure on how it's viewed but when we're discussing racism, you make a joke of it and put up a picture of Obama..wonder if that breaks the rules. What do you think?
Could be wrong but it seemed a bit too sugestive to me.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 06:09:09 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

Really, how aren't you banned yet after the posting of the Obama poster, oh I forgot mods don't check here.

Not sure on how it's viewed but when we're discussing racism, you make a joke of it and put up a picture of Obama..wonder if that breaks the rules. What do you think?

I know you have a double digit IQ but can you explain how you believe my posting an image of Obama with the caption 'flip flop' underneath where you contradicted yourself, is anyway racist?

Can you also answer my previous q's while you're at it..

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on June 05, 2009, 06:08:15 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

My sentiments exactly.

So what exactly should we do continue to whine about it for months on end or move on and actually play the game?

heffo

Well done Cork/GPA.

Isn't the LC what ye call the Leaving Cert?

The LC is indeed what large sections of the population who have sat their Leaving cert refer to it as - keep up those aul workshops and one day you can go back and sit it - you may struggle with  Foundation level English though..

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2009, 06:11:55 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

I know you have a double digit IQ but can you explain how you believe my posting an image of Obama with the caption 'flip flop' underneath where you contradicted yourself, is anyway racist?

You know, it could be viewed as you've another message in there, but hey I can't read you're mind so I suppose we'll just have to take your word for it. Even though it was kinda strange the response you gave when I said it happened. I mean you put the poster in, something that could be seen as you not taking it seriously, you saying it was only alleged, not really condemning it like you should, like most would and you refusing to accept that it happened..etc. You did use the excuse that it was because I said it, but usually, it's not how most people would react. I mean people's response to racism is either usually, horror, or just a so what attitude, and yours did come across as the second one, like you didn't care.

But hey, if that's not what you meant, if it was merely coincidental then I apologise.

And why should I answer your questions Heffo, all you do is come back with childish comments or insults. I mean every single post.

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 06:12:03 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

My sentiments exactly.

So what exactly should we do continue to whine about it for months on end or move on and actually play the game?

I've nothing more to say on the topic mate -you can debate it here to the death to your hearts content. If I see a new thread regarding Cork hurling I might start to contribute again. But I think Bingobus has captured the essence of things better than I could. So no need to get involved.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on June 05, 2009, 06:20:47 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

My sentiments exactly.

I've nothing more to say on the topic mate -you can debate it here to the death to your hearts content. If I see a new thread regarding Cork hurling I might start to contribute again. But I think Bingobus has captured the essence of things better than I could. So no need to get involved.
Fair enough. Look I don't want to debate it, I've been through it so many times. I just don't really know what some of ye want like, us to whine about it and continue to be bitter about it. Things don't work like that. But fair enough, you're entitled to your view.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 06:18:10 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

You know, it could be viewed as you've another message in there, but hey I can't read you're mind so I suppose we'll just have to take your word for it. Even though it was kinda strange the response you gave when I said it happened. I mean you put the poster in, something that could be seen as you not taking it seriously, you saying it was only alleged, not really condemning it like you should, like most would and you refusing to accept that it happened..etc. You did use the excuse that it was because I said it, but usually, it's not how most people would react.

But hey, if that's not what you meant, if it was merely coincidental then I apologise.

If you said good morning to me during a heatwave, I'd look out the window to check - you posted conflicting information about the level of abuse that the O'Hailpins were on the receiving end of - I condemn racism in all it's forms - I didn't initially condemn what you initially spoke of due to your flip-flopping and the absence of any mention of it in the media..

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 06:25:35 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

My sentiments exactly.

Fair enough. Look I don't want to debate it, I've been through it so many times. I just don't really know what some of ye want like, us to whine about it and continue to be bitter about it. Things don't work like that. But fair enough, you're entitled to your view.

Would it not be better to leave people at it if you've no interest in continuing the discussion - rather than insulting them?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2009, 06:26:27 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 06:18:10 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

You know, it could be viewed as you've another message in there, but hey I can't read you're mind so I suppose we'll just have to take your word for it. Even though it was kinda strange the response you gave when I said it happened. I mean you put the poster in, something that could be seen as you not taking it seriously, you saying it was only alleged, not really condemning it like you should, like most would and you refusing to accept that it happened..etc. You did use the excuse that it was because I said it, but usually, it's not how most people would react.

If you said good morning to me during a heatwave, I'd look out the window to check - you posted conflicting information about the level of abuse that the O'Hailpins were on the receiving end of - I condemn racism in all it's forms - I didn't initially condemn what you initially spoke of due to your flip-flopping and the absence of any mention of it in the media..

It wasn't conflicting, it was you whining and nit picking, you getting obssesed over the wording of things, like me saying, the abuse from the Tipp end was a disgrace, which it was, but you for some reason, wanted people to believe that I was talking about thousands of people. You made assumptions and then started picking through my posts trying to find something wrong with what I said.
You then called me a liar for God knows what.

You whined and whined about my wording which was pretty childish, but you never really condemned it, just spent your time trying to convince people that I was flip floping. I didn't flip flop once or contridict myself. You just made assumptions and whined a lot, just not about the racism.
But hey sure, if you say you're against it then that's just fine, it's not the way it comes across in your posts, in your posts you seem to try and find something, anything to try and devalue it because it wasn't thousands of people or highlighted in the media, but I'm sure I just got the wrong impression.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2009, 06:27:49 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 05, 2009, 06:25:35 PM

Well done Cork/GPA.

My sentiments exactly.

Would it not be better to leave people at it if you've no interest in continuing the discussion - rather than insulting them?
Coming from you, because in nearly every single one of your posts since I came back on here has been an insult, so get off your high horse.

Bud Wiser

Reillers, before you go, and without mentioning the word "whine" can you tell me why the Cork team were in totally different tracksuits on Sunday to the ones in your avatar?  Did the boys get to keep the other ones or are they just for press conferences or did the county board say what was to be worn.  In any case you seem to have a lot more tracksuits than hurlers now, although I suppose coming from Laois I can't talk on that score.

Also, I think if Sean Og O'H had hurled as well last August as he did last Sunday there would be no need for any strike.  Can't see why he persists in running up to take sideline balls though and drives about three out of four six yards, generally after bending the hurls into an S hoop first and evety time someone bends a hurl before taking a line ball seems to get the same result.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"