McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

QuoteI never once said that it was a lot of people doing it, they made that assumption themselves. I said the abuse coming out of the Tipp end was a disgrace, which it was, (no Heffo just because it wasn't 100 people doing it doesn't mean that it wasn't a disgrace.)
I said Tipp fans, as in plural, and there was more then one doing it so again, nothing wrong with what I said there either. I've apologised if it came across like it was massive group of people, that was not my intention, but it is so typical of some of ye to obsess about that and highlight that then what actually happened.

You are either taking the piss or are displaying gross lack of intelligence regarding your use of tone and language in your posts. As I say to my kids ..."use your words properly if you want to be understood"

99 people out 100 would have read your post first off and thought you were directing your comments at a large section of "Tipp fans" for racially abusing the O'Halpins. The only one who doesn't see this is you
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on June 04, 2009, 01:18:24 PM
QuoteI never once said that it was a lot of people doing it, they made that assumption themselves. I said the abuse coming out of the Tipp end was a disgrace, which it was, (no Heffo just because it wasn't 100 people doing it doesn't mean that it wasn't a disgrace.)
I said Tipp fans, as in plural, and there was more then one doing it so again, nothing wrong with what I said there either. I've apologised if it came across like it was massive group of people, that was not my intention, but it is so typical of some of ye to obsess about that and highlight that then what actually happened.

You are either taking the piss or are displaying gross lack of intelligence regarding your use of tone and language in your posts. As I say to my kids ..."use your words properly if you want to be understood"

99 people out 100 would have read your post first off and thought you were directing your comments at a large section of "Tipp fans" for racially abusing the O'Halpins. The only one who doesn't see this is you

And you'd rather consistantly whine over and over about THIS then what actually happened. I have apologised if my phrasing was in some way misleading, is that not good enough? But no ye're so petty and obsessive at this stage that ye cannot let it go. How I phrase it shouldn't matter, it's not important, yet ye'd rather moan and cry about this then what happened. It's pathetic.
The fact that you'd rather talk about my "tone" and "language" then what happened at the game, says a lot about you. You'd rather try and undermine me, nit pick through my post and highlight a few words to whine about then talk about what acutally happened. Pathetic!

orangeman

I put in bold the bit about Tipp having 9 palyers on the senior panel as evidence that Cork are obviously not far away. It was an attempt to credit Cork with an excellent performance but again you've misunderstood me.

Last night's performance is I believe proof that hurling is alive and well and that Cork are and will be there or thereabouts very soon - maybe not this year but certainly in the near future.

Things aren't as bleak as you make them out to be and whether FM or the present board remain is neither here nor there and won't mpact on Cork's ability to win.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on June 04, 2009, 01:27:53 PM
I put in bold the bit about Tipp having 9 palyers on the senior panel as evidence that Cork are obviously not far away. It was an attempt to credit Cork with an excellent performance but again you've misunderstood me.

Last night's performance is I believe proof that hurling is alive and well and that Cork are and will be there or thereabouts very soon - maybe not this year but certainly in the near future.

Things aren't as bleak as you make them out to be and whether FM or the present board remain is neither here nor there and won't mpact on Cork's ability to win.

I apologise if that's what you were doing.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on June 04, 2009, 01:28:57 PM
Quote from: orangeman on June 04, 2009, 01:27:53 PM

I apologise if that's what you were doing.

Not a problem - genuinely it was meant as a compliment to them. Having spoken to some lads down there, Tipp were expected to win handy but it didn't turn out that way and by all accounts it was a clinker of a game.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 04, 2009, 01:04:20 PM
And I stand by what I said OM.

But know one can criticize these lads after all of that, I mean people like you OM will try and point out things like you did, that Tipp hit so many wides and had a couple of players on the senior panel. (What it doesn't say, and you wont know, was that so did Cork, on both occasions, but heaven forbid no, we wont give them any praise.

Then you've idiots like Heffo will not even accept the fact that there were racist abuse at a match, instead he was too busy trying to undermine me and devalue what happened because why, he says because it wasn't heard on tv or 10,000 doing it so it's not worth condeming, because God forbid that would mean criticizing someone who abused a Cork player, and that's just too much to ask from some people, apparently.

I never once said that it was a lot of people doing it, they made that assumption themselves. I said the abuse coming out of the Tipp end was a disgrace, which it was, (no Heffo just because it wasn't 100 people doing it doesn't mean that it wasn't a disgrace.)

But hey most of ye on here would much rather try and undermine what I say and criticize every phrasing and word I use instead of the actually having a discussion because ye're just that petty.
They'd rather whine about the morals of the hurlers and "relliersland" then oh I don't know, praise them for a good game or something like criticize the idiot fans.
I mean Heffo was so childish,idiotic and pathetic, he put up a picture of Obama rather then give out about the people who were shouting abuse. He'd sink that low. And none of ye had a problem with that because no, ye'd all rather criticize me for God only knows what this time.

But hey that's just fine, continue to insult me, continue to try and to undermine me..at this stage, I expect nothing more..

That's it Reillers - I can't take anymore insults - I'm telling Bobby what you said about him.

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on June 04, 2009, 01:23:20 PM

And you'd rather consistantly whine over and over about THIS then what actually happened. I have apologised if my phrasing was in some way misleading, is that not good enough? But no ye're so petty and obsessive at this stage that ye cannot let it go. How I phrase it shouldn't matter, it's not important, yet ye'd rather moan and cry about this then what happened. It's pathetic.
The fact that you'd rather talk about my "tone" and "language" then what happened at the game, says a lot about you. You'd rather try and undermine me, nit pick through my post and highlight a few words to whine about then talk about what acutally happened. Pathetic!

I did talk about what happened and said that they should be dealt with ....FFS

I'm not going to argue/advise you anymore regarding your use of words if you actually believe what you have just written

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on June 04, 2009, 02:08:41 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 04, 2009, 01:23:20 PM

I did talk about what happened and said that they should be dealt with ....FFS

I'm not going to argue/advise you anymore regarding your use of words if you actually believe what you have just written
Ya I think you had a line or two about it and then continued to whine about my phrasing of the sentence. Says a lot about you really.

theskull1

Fcuk it's a merry go round with you Reillers. Back to you not using your words properly again. Says a lot about you really.

end of conversation from me on this subject

DuffleKing

Definitely discussing the racist abuse of the o'hailpin brothers and personal abuse of donal og on rebel gaa. several posters from both counties with first hand accounts and tipp posters apogising for that element of their support.

orangeman

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 04, 2009, 03:30:11 PM

Definitely discussing the racist abuse of the o'hailpin brothers and personal abuse of donal og on rebel gaa. several posters from both counties with first hand accounts and tipp posters apogising for that element of their support.

Shocking stuff and an absolute disgrace- this is to be condemned. I'm surprised some of those weren't taken by the neck and fired out of the place.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on June 04, 2009, 03:43:39 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on June 04, 2009, 03:30:11 PM

Shocking stuff and an absolute disgrace- this is to be condemned. I'm surprised some of those weren't taken by the neck and fired out of the place.

+1

theskull1

Reillers

Ya, sure ye have.

Heffo posting up a poster of Obama and Skull whining about my phrasing. Very condemning.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 04, 2009, 04:57:10 PM

Heffo posting up a poster of Obama

In Reillersland there is no higher insult can be payed a man than to be compared to a flip-flopping Barrack Obama.