McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 11:48:07 PM
Just in the door from the U21 game. What a game, massive credit to both sides.

Tipp 2 -22 Cork 0-25  Cork lost by 3. The game was tied at, 2-15 to 0-21(Cork) at ft. and had to go into extra time, it was a fabulous game (and people want to get rid of the U21s all together, what a joke.)

Absolutely devastated for the boys. They played brilliantly. They deserved more out of the match then that, but as per usual, that extra bite wasn't there. The talents there but not the support or structures.
And the worst thing about this is it has Tipp all fuckin cocky,twice it was there for the taking, twice we let it slip away. In the cold of night though I'm sure it'll be viewed as a great step forward from last year, big improvement from the players, but at the end of the day, Tipp seemed to want it more, which seems to be the ending to every story of the underage system.
A complete revamp of the grassroots is needed, but of course FM couldn't give a damn
Great effort from the lads tonight..just not good enough.

Positives, a lot of players stuck their hands up for seniors.
Negatives, the game was there for the taking and yet again our will to win let us down more then anything, and nothing will change until the CB changes.

Will you edit your posts from yesterday where you made outlandish claims about the noble Tipp support and racist chanting only to flip flop when queried and claim it was only one or two people - despite earlier claiming that this alleged racist abuse could be heard throughout the ground.

Liar.

Hound

Quote from: heffo on June 04, 2009, 08:19:26 AM

Will you edit your posts from yesterday where you made outlandish claims about the noble Tipp support and racist chanting only to flip flop when queried and claim it was only one or two people - despite earlier claiming that this alleged racist abuse could be heard throughout the ground.

Liar.
I think he said there was some class of a loudspeaker involved, hence it could be heard in different parts of the ground. He also clarified more than once that it was a small minority. For someone who is very good at analysing certain comments/posts to the nth degree, it is odd how you completely miss/ignore other comments.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 11:48:07 PM
Just in the door from the U21 game. What a game, massive credit to both sides.

Tipp 2 -22 Cork 0-25  Cork lost by 3. The game was tied at, 2-15 to 0-21(Cork) at ft. and had to go into extra time, it was a fabulous game (and people want to get rid of the U21s all together, what a joke.)

Absolutely devastated for the boys. They played brilliantly. They deserved more out of the match then that, but as per usual, that extra bite wasn't there. The talents there but not the support or structures.
And the worst thing about this is it has Tipp all fuckin cocky,twice it was there for the taking, twice we let it slip away. In the cold of night though I'm sure it'll be viewed as a great step forward from last year, big improvement from the players, but at the end of the day, Tipp seemed to want it more, which seems to be the ending to every story of the underage system.
A complete revamp of the grassroots is needed, but of course FM couldn't give a damn
Great effort from the lads tonight..just not good enough.

Positives, a lot of players stuck their hands up for seniors.
Negatives, the game was there for the taking and yet again our will to win let us down more then anything, and nothing will change until the CB changes.

The players you say didn't want it enough - Tipp wanted it more you say - Cork's will to win let you down.

And guess what ?? It's FM's fault yet again and nothing will change until the CB changes. And it's time to move on ??????;)

heffo

Quote from: Hound on June 04, 2009, 09:06:45 AM
Quote from: heffo on June 04, 2009, 08:19:26 AM

Liar.
I think he said there was some class of a loudspeaker involved, hence it could be heard in different parts of the ground. He also clarified more than once that it was a small minority. For someone who is very good at analysing certain comments/posts to the nth degree, it is odd how you completely miss/ignore other comments.

Thanks for the attempt at speaking on Reillers behalf there Hound - if you re-read my post you'll see I only ask that he edits the misleading posts  - the ones before he turned 180 degrees and said the exact opposite..

dowling

Zulu I can only guess from your responses that you didn't see any discernable differences in Cork's display. Same as last year mostly, Both teams having periods of dominance with Tipp finishing the stronger.
All you're doing is arguing for the sake of it. Everyone, and I'm sure this includes the strikers, would have been aware that there would be aspects up for discussion related to the strike long after the strike was over. I'd guess if I was to bother going back over your posts you would have said the same somewhere.
Do you really believe that those Cork players going out onto the pitch wouldn't have been aware of the hostility felt in some quarters towards them? As GAA pointed out they probably used it for motivation.
Just because you say the debate is over doesn't make it so. It will be over when this group of players prove they were right or are proved wrong and that will come with their matches. If you say Sunday's match was of no consequences then you tell me how long will it take before we see any discernable difference in this Cork team.

orangeman

By TIPPERARY 2-22 CORK 0-25 Munster U-21 hc QUARTER-FINAL

Thursday June 04 2009

HOLDERS Tipperary clinched a dramatic extra-time victory against Cork at Semple Stadium last night in front of 4,138 spectators.

The Premier County now travel to Walsh Park to face Waterford in the semi-final on July 15.

Lorcan McLoughlin's 59th-minute point for Cork sent the tie into extra-time but both sides missed chances to win it before two additional periods of 10 minutes.

This incredible tie was level on 13 occasions, including eight times in the first half before Shane Bourke's goal on the stroke of half time handed Tipp a 1-8 to 0-9 lead.

Tipp grabbed a second goal when Pa Bourke netted a penalty eight minutes into the second half.

Last year's beaten All-Ireland finalists Tipp, with nine senior panellists in their starting team, registered 17 wides and struggled to shake off a dogged Cork, inspired by 12 points from Patrick Horgan. However, leading by 2-18 to 0-23 after the first period of extra-time, a late surge sealed it for Tipp.

Scorers -- Tipperary: P Bourke 1-9 (1-0 pen, 5f, 1 65), S Callanan 0-6 (1f, 1 65), S Bourke 1-1, J O'Neill 0-3, N McGrath 0-2, M Gleeson 0-1. Cork: P Horgan 0-12 (9f), L McLoughlin, L Desmond 0-3 each, P Gould, L O'Farrell 0-2 each, S White, W Egan, A Walsh 0-1 each.

TIPPERARY -- B McCormack; D Maher, Padraic Maher, K Maher; B Maher, T Stapleton, T McGrath; S Hennessy, G Ryan; M Gleeson, S Callanan, N McGrath; P Bourke, Patrick Maher, S Bourke. Subs: B Fox for T McGrath (28), S Carey for Gleeson (41), J O'Neill for Hennessy (51), S Quinlan for Carey (58), J Coghlan for K Maher (70+1), S Hennessy for S Bourke (77).

CORK -- C Cronin; K Murphy, J Herlihy, C O'Sullivan; A Walsh, P O'Sullivan, S White; L Desmond, W Egan; B Corry, L McLoughlin, R White; R O'Driscoll, P Horgan, A Walsh.

Subs: L O'Farrell for R O'Driscoll (34), P Gould for R White (42), C O'Driscoll for Murphy (42), R Clifford for Walsh (48), E Keane for Herlihy (70), C McCarthy for Clifford (70), G O'Connor for Egan (77).

Ref -- P Casey (Portlaoise

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on June 04, 2009, 10:06:31 AM
By TIPPERARY 2-22 CORK 0-25 Munster U-21 hc QUARTER-FINAL

Thursday June 04 2009

HOLDERS Tipperary clinched a dramatic extra-time victory against Cork at Semple Stadium last night in front of 4,138 spectators.

The Premier County now travel to Walsh Park to face Waterford in the semi-final on July 15.

Lorcan McLoughlin's 59th-minute point for Cork sent the tie into extra-time but both sides missed chances to win it before two additional periods of 10 minutes.

This incredible tie was level on 13 occasions, including eight times in the first half before Shane Bourke's goal on the stroke of half time handed Tipp a 1-8 to 0-9 lead.

Tipp grabbed a second goal when Pa Bourke netted a penalty eight minutes into the second half.

Last year's beaten All-Ireland finalists Tipp, with nine senior panellists in their starting team, registered 17 wides and struggled to shake off a dogged Cork, inspired by 12 points from Patrick Horgan. However, leading by 2-18 to 0-23 after the first period of extra-time, a late surge sealed it for Tipp.

Scorers -- Tipperary: P Bourke 1-9 (1-0 pen, 5f, 1 65), S Callanan 0-6 (1f, 1 65), S Bourke 1-1, J O'Neill 0-3, N McGrath 0-2, M Gleeson 0-1. Cork: P Horgan 0-12 (9f), L McLoughlin, L Desmond 0-3 each, P Gould, L O'Farrell 0-2 each, S White, W Egan, A Walsh 0-1 each.

TIPPERARY -- B McCormack; D Maher, Padraic Maher, K Maher; B Maher, T Stapleton, T McGrath; S Hennessy, G Ryan; M Gleeson, S Callanan, N McGrath; P Bourke, Patrick Maher, S Bourke. Subs: B Fox for T McGrath (28), S Carey for Gleeson (41), J O'Neill for Hennessy (51), S Quinlan for Carey (58), J Coghlan for K Maher (70+1), S Hennessy for S Bourke (77).

CORK -- C Cronin; K Murphy, J Herlihy, C O'Sullivan; A Walsh, P O'Sullivan, S White; L Desmond, W Egan; B Corry, L McLoughlin, R White; R O'Driscoll, P Horgan, A Walsh.

Subs: L O'Farrell for R O'Driscoll (34), P Gould for R White (42), C O'Driscoll for Murphy (42), R Clifford for Walsh (48), E Keane for Herlihy (70), C McCarthy for Clifford (70), G O'Connor for Egan (77).

Ref -- P Casey (Portlaoise

It was Frank Murphy's fault (again) that they lost.

Reillers

But no, only OM would try to take away from one of the greatest games played and the clown Heffo to try to devalue something again (like racist abuse because he didn't hear them and sure it wasn't 10,000 doing it so it doesn't matter.)

In the cold light of morning, you can't criticise the lads after that, loosing in extra time in a ridiculously close game, one of the greatest I've seen in a long time. Both teams had chances, both missed chances, a lot of wides from both sides, they gave it all, players from both sides, they'd nothing left at the end. No one deserved to loose, Tipp pushed

Zulu

Quote from: dowling on June 04, 2009, 09:45:10 AM
Zulu I can only guess from your responses that you didn't see any discernable differences in Cork's display. Same as last year mostly, Both teams having periods of dominance with Tipp finishing the stronger.
All you're doing is arguing for the sake of it. Everyone, and I'm sure this includes the strikers, would have been aware that there would be aspects up for discussion related to the strike long after the strike was over. I'd guess if I was to bother going back over your posts you would have said the same somewhere.
Do you really believe that those Cork players going out onto the pitch wouldn't have been aware of the hostily felt in some quarters towards them? As GAA pointed out they probably used it for motivation.
Just because you say the debate is over doesn't make it so. It will be over when this group of players prove they were right or are proved wrong and that will come with their matches. If you say Sunday's match was of no consequences then you tell me how long will it take before we see any discernable difference in this Cork team.

Reillers is getting plenty of flak at the moment for making a comment he hasn't (at least to some) properly supported, I won't do the same to you even though you hadn't the decency admiting to have lied and that you were wrong on most of what you've posted in your last 3 or 4 posts. And yet you still continue to post nonsense and you say I'm arguing for the sake of it, Christ man all your posts are pointless and 'for the sake of it'!!

Of course the players were aware of the hostility towards them, but guess what, there is always hostility from opposing supporters and although they're was also some from their own this time I reckon nobody at Thurles was among them. But again I'll ask you why do you feel the need to post something that we all agree exists, i.e. some people really don't like the Cork hurlers because of the strike?

Once again you are showing your complete cluelessness about sport in your final point, if Cork win the AI it doesn't mean they were right and if the lose it doesn't mean they were wrong. There was right and wrong on both sides and that will always remain the case, you feel they were wrong to strike, I feel they were right.The reason is, I believe a CB should provide the best support possible for their team and reappointing a manager that the players don't want isn't doing that (regardless of his quality). So by Gerald resigning and Denis coming in Cork now have a better chance of winning the AI because the camp will be happier. IMO they won't win it because they aren't good enough to beat Kilkenny, and Tipp, Galway and Waterford will all provide a serious test that they may well fail.

And this leads me on to why I'm sick of you continuing to post on this, the stike has very little to do with how Cork get on this year, of course it is a factor but only one of many,for example players form, injuries, a bit of luck, the quality of their opponents, how well the new players settle in, Denis Walsh getting the right balance, the Cork club championship and probably a hundred others. So when you come on here and try to claim any result is due to a strike that is over with months you show yourself to be clueless and weirdly obsessed with this strike.

Look if you have Donal Og's picture on a dart board in your room and pictures of the other Cork players all over your bedroom wall with the eyes cut out that's fine and hopefully your parents can afford the help you need but why are you inflicting your obsession on the rest of us on this board? I've tried to ignore your posts and I really thought that once the championship started that everyone would move on and discuss the games themselves, I'm I the only one that would like to discuss Cork's games without an old argument that we did to death always sticking it's head in?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 04, 2009, 11:42:55 AM
the clown Heffo to try to devalue something again (like racist abuse because he didn't hear them and sure it wasn't 10,000 doing it so it doesn't matter.)

Give it up Reillers - you're full of shi*

orangeman

But no, only OM would try to take away from one of the greatest games played and the clown Heffo to try to devalue something again (like racist abuse because he didn't hear them and sure it wasn't 10,000 doing it so it doesn't matter.)

In the cold light of morning, you can't criticise the lads after that, loosing in extra time in a ridiculously close game, one of the greatest I've seen in a long time. Both teams had chances, both missed chances, a lot of wides from both sides, they gave it all, players from both sides, they'd nothing left at the end. No one deserved to loose, Tipp pushed

Jesus it must have been some game.

Can you imagine how many titles Cork would win if you were rid of FM and the CB ?? You'd do 10 in a row ! Nobody would get near you.

I thought you said that Cork's will to win let them down and that Tipp wanted it more ? Surely Tipp deserved to win then and Cork got what they deserved ?

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on June 04, 2009, 11:59:58 AM

Surely Tipp deserved to win then and Cork got what they deserved ?

Not in Reillers-land - the heroic Powerade guzzling warriors who will walk off the pitch if a rival sports drink is provided -  never deserve to lose

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 03:15:08 AM
Good lord Dowling I leave, come back a month or so later and you're still whining obsesively about the same thing.

You want to whine about abuse, why not start with something relevant, the absolute appauling abuse Donal Og got, and then there was the other level of abuse completley that Sean Og and Aisake got from the Tipp "fans."
The abuse coming out of Tipp's end was a disgrace, not to mention the minute silence. A total disgrace.

Before you call anyone a clown look in the mirror

Read your first post on this subject again. Try to get a pair of untinted spectacles before doing so

FFS No one has devalued racist abuse. Everybody would agree that scumbags like that are not wanted and should be dealt with "appropriately" but you know full well with your wording that you were casting dispersions at a large swathe of Tipp fans rather than the individuals concerned. No doubt you believe there are no racists in Cork because the O'Halpins live there.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

I'm I the only one that would like to discuss Cork's games without an old argument that we did to death always sticking it's head in?

Just to bring a bit of balance here :

These comments were made 12 hours ago.

The talents there but not the support or structures.

nothing will change until the CB changes

Reillers

And I stand by what I said OM.

But know one can criticize these lads after all of that, I mean people like you OM will try and point out things like you did, that Tipp hit so many wides and had a couple of players on the senior panel. (What it doesn't say, and you wont know, was that so did Cork, on both occasions, but heaven forbid no, we wont give them any praise.

Then you've idiots like Heffo will not even accept the fact that there were racist abuse at a match, instead he was too busy trying to undermine me and devalue what happened because why, he says because it wasn't heard on tv or 10,000 doing it so it's not worth condeming, because God forbid that would mean criticizing someone who abused a Cork player, and that's just too much to ask from some people, apparently.

I never once said that it was a lot of people doing it, they made that assumption themselves. I said the abuse coming out of the Tipp end was a disgrace, which it was, (no Heffo just because it wasn't 100 people doing it doesn't mean that it wasn't a disgrace.)
I said Tipp fans, as in plural, and there was more then one doing it so again, nothing wrong with what I said there either. I've apologised if it came across like it was massive group of people, that was not my intention, but it is so typical of some of ye to obsess about that and highlight that then what actually happened.

But hey most of ye on here would much rather try and undermine what I say and criticize every phrasing and word I use instead of the actually having a discussion because ye're just that petty.
They'd rather whine about the morals of the hurlers and "relliersland" then oh I don't know, praise them for a good game or something like criticize the idiot fans.
I mean Heffo was so childish,idiotic and pathetic, he put up a picture of Obama rather then give out about the people who were shouting abuse. He'd sink that low. And none of ye had a problem with that because no, ye'd all rather criticize me for God only knows what this time.

But hey that's just fine, continue to insult me, continue to try and to undermine me..at this stage, I expect nothing more..