Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 03:51:31 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 03, 2009, 03:47:14 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 03:37:24 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2009, 03:35:33 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 03:25:30 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2009, 03:20:34 PM
Racist abuse has absolute no place in GAA or any other sport.

It should have been sorted out on the day -either this person should have been identified to Garda/Stewards or he should have got a good slap.

Was it sorted out on the day? Did it happen once at start and then stop which would suggest it was sorted out one way or the other.

Is "sorted" getting his lights punched out by a Cork supporter when he was leaving the ground, by the Town end?

Lets just clear one thing up here now because he wasn't a Tipp supporter he was a mad idiot with a mega-phone, a small few others behind Donal Og's goal as well. You could see the Tipp supporters cringe at it, but they shouldn't be put in the same name as this idiot.

Ideally the law would sort it out but if you are suggesting they didn't and some-else did, then so be it. He mightn't do it again.

It would also read that it was a very small minority that took to abuse the brothers. A bit different from the sensationalist outburst when you first posted on the topic which would read like a large section of the crowd was at it and it was audible all over the ground. Unlikely if it was only few.
I apologise if it came across like it. It was a few idiots and one praticular ass with a mega-phone/microphone (just so I'm not flipflopping.)

You posted otherwise not half an hour ago:

"the other level of abuse completley that Sean Og and Aisake got from the Tipp "fans."

"The abuse coming out of Tipp's end was a disgrace"

"It was supporters at the Tipp end"

So just because it wasn't from 10,000 people it's less of a disgrace. I'm sorry Heffo, but be it one or 500 or 10,000 it's still an absolute disgrace, and I stand by all I've said. You trying to defuse and devalue the situation is pathetic.

I'm not trying to defuse anything - I'm trying to find the truth somewhere among your lies, half truths & sensationalist claims

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 03:52:56 PM
Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 03:38:03 PM
I'm surprised this man who had allegedly a mega phone and who was racially abusing the O' hAilpin's was not taken by the ass of the trousers and fired over the railway line.

So to clarify things, he was not a Tipp or Cork supporter ?.

Next thing - what was being shouted at Donal Og and who was doing the shouting ? Tipp supporters or Cork "supporters" ?.

He (and the other small few) were Tipp suporters, but I wouldn't call them one, no point in giving them all a bad name, you could see the rest of the Tipp cringe at it.

Can you clear up the facts surrounding the alleged abuse once and for all:

How many people were engaged in it approx - 10/100/1,000
Were the majority of those wearing Tipp jersies
Did you make a complaint to the Gardai

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on June 03, 2009, 03:51:45 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 03:37:24 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2009, 03:35:33 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 03:25:30 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2009, 03:20:34 PM
Racist abuse has absolute no place in GAA or any other sport.

It should have been sorted out on the day -either this person should have been identified to Garda/Stewards or he should have got a good slap.

Was it sorted out on the day? Did it happen once at start and then stop which would suggest it was sorted out one way or the other.

Is "sorted" getting his lights punched out by a Cork supporter when he was leaving the ground, by the Town end?

Lets just clear one thing up here now because he wasn't a Tipp supporter he was a mad idiot with a mega-phone, a small few others behind Donal Og's goal as well. You could see the Tipp supporters cringe at it, but they shouldn't be put in the same name as this idiot.

Ideally the law would sort it out but if you are suggesting they didn't and some-else did, then so be it. He mightn't do it again.

It would also read that it was a very small minority that took to abuse the brothers. A bit different from the sensationalist outburst when you first posted on the topic which would read like a large section of the crowd was at it and it was audible all over the ground. Unlikely if it was only few.
I never said it was "sensationalist outburst"  and I never said it was a large section of the ground. I apologise if it came across like it. It was a few idiots and one praticular ass with a mega-phone/microphone (just so I'm not flipflopping.)

Change Obama '08 for Reillers '09

Are you finding this some way amusing, you're an absolute joke and a disgrace.

bingobus

Regardless of any racist abuse that Sean Og and his brother got, which is wrong, it was never going to be any other way for Donal Og and other high profile Cork players not to receive abuse.

They have been massively involved in the strike and reagrdless of the rights or wrongs of that, many many hurling fans are in strong disagreement with what they done and how they did it. A supporter will see that it is there right to tell them, in no uncertain terms, how they feel about their actions. The Cork players had the media to get their feelings across, these supporters will see this as their only chance to let the Cork players their feelings on the issue. Some will take this too far and make it very personal.

It may not be right but I don;t think the Cork players will imagine for one minute that'll get an easy ride and the only answer they'll have is to start winning games. Players get abuse at all games across the country at all levels.

Racist abuse is wrong, plain and simple but don't start crying over abuse handed out to individual players such as Donal Og.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on June 03, 2009, 03:53:54 PM
I'm surprised this man who had allegedly a mega phone and who was racially abusing the O' hAilpin's was not taken by the ass of the trousers and fired over the railway line.

Next thing - what was being shouted at Donal Og and who was doing the shouting ? Tipp supporters or Cork "supporters" ?.

He (and the other small few) were Tipp suporters, but I wouldn't call them one, no point in giving them all a bad name, you could see the rest of the Tipp cringe at it.

"Alleged abuse" go climb under a rock Heffo.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 03:55:39 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 03, 2009, 03:53:54 PM

"Alleged abuse" go climb under a rock Heffo.

It'll be classed as alleged abuse by me until you stop posting contradictory statements and performing U-turns.

imtommygunn

On another note altogether Reilers.

What about the game?

What did you think of it?

What do you think for later in the year?

Reillers

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 03, 2009, 04:11:09 PM

What about the game?

Without a doubt the most infuriating team to watch. We were totally asleep in the first half, at one point I thought that they were going to run away with the game all together, but 4 points going in at half time wasn't that bad.
I tnought we were screwed completely when Shane O Neill got that hit in the head, was praying he'd get up, but if that lad is on the ground it's for a good reason, he could barely walk off the pitch. But in fairness it was a great recovery. There is a lot of positives about the game, I was thrilled about young Cadogan, he'd a blinder, Aisake has massive potential as well.

Certain older players need to be phased out now I think, they've been great servants but we've now young lads who are capable of coming in and doing the job as well if not better in some cases. I know why the likes of Niall McCarthy and co were picked to start because of their experience but there's no reason now why our young lads shoudn't start in the qualifiers and continue through the campaign if we go far only to be relaced if they're not going well.
While I'd hope we'd get through the qualifiers, I wouldn't put much hope in getting more then a semi, I think we can still be a force this year, and I think we're in a good position now with the qualifiers, it'll do us good I hope because it'll give us extra game time we need, and I think the team is in a good place, ahead of where I thought they'd be which is great.
But I think it's more about building for next year, we have the buildings of a serious team, but I think this year is a year to soon.
But sure we'll wait and see.

And if I don't leave now I'm going to miss the U21s alltogether, probably allready going to miss the feckin start of it because she's still not back with the car. This should be a fun game. Sully Og playing in the backs, again..it's like trying to get a dog to meow, it's not right..anyway, lets hope this isn't a route.

imtommygunn

Cadogan was probably the best of that u21 team a few years ago that got to the final. Webster is obviously a boy who can get rattled and he rattled him on and off the ball as well as outhurled him so the tactics worked. I'd be interested to see him against an Eoin Kelly (Waterford) or the like.

I'd not be too impressed if I were Cork with the two corner forwards but your FB line was good. Ben O'Connor aside your forward line definitely needs rebuilding.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 06:14:34 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 03, 2009, 04:11:09 PM

What about the game?

We were totally asleep in the first half

It must've been all that collective training over the winter.

deiseach

Quote from: heffo on June 03, 2009, 09:38:46 PM
It must've been all that collective training over the winter.

They were as intense as any All-Ireland final, so they were

Reillers

Just in the door from the U21 game. What a game, massive credit to both sides.

Tipp 2 -22 Cork 0-25  Cork lost by 3. The game was tied at, 2-15 to 0-21(Cork) at ft. and had to go into extra time, it was a fabulous game (and people want to get rid of the U21s all together, what a joke.)

Absolutely devastated for the boys. They played brilliantly. They deserved more out of the match then that, but as per usual, that extra bite wasn't there. The talents there but not the support or structures.
And the worst thing about this is it has Tipp all fuckin cocky,twice it was there for the taking, twice we let it slip away. In the cold of night though I'm sure it'll be viewed as a great step forward from last year, big improvement from the players, but at the end of the day, Tipp seemed to want it more, which seems to be the ending to every story of the underage system.
A complete revamp of the grassroots is needed, but of course FM couldn't give a damn
Great effort from the lads tonight..just not good enough.

Positives, a lot of players stuck their hands up for seniors.
Negatives, the game was there for the taking and yet again our will to win let us down more then anything, and nothing will change until the CB changes.

dowling

Part of the problem with yourself and others of a similar mind Zulu is that you take one sentence at a time, nothing ties in with yourselves because you're looking for the worst. If I misrepresented you I can only apologise. As for the Cork display, everyone can have an opinion, we're not being scientific. You can throw up many possible reasons for the dismal first half display but give us your opinion for it.
If John Gardiner said it would be in the players' minds that a section of those in the county wanted Cork to fail can we not suppose that that might have been a factor in the team's performance?
As for needing time to develop a style of play. We're not talking about under 12s here, rather a group of players who have been together for some considerable time.
There are many aspects related to the strike and they surface at different times. I actually thought you would be one of the more mature strike supporters who would recognise this but it seems I'm mistaken and you pick and choose to suit your entrenched position.
Ah well at least you're not Reillers deflecting the debate by throwing up unsubstantiated allegations. I would doubt very much that someone would be 'allowed' by either set of 'supporters' to hurl untoward abuse for a whole match. But sure by getting into that it means he doesn't have to say there isn't really anything different about Cork hurling now compared to under Gerald. Or if there is none of ye have spotted it!
Maybe someone else can say if there were any differences in Sunday's display compared to last year's.

Reillers

Are you seriously STILL whining about it. Get over it, it ended months ago. What is you're problem exactly? Do you really have that little to do?
I'm not "deflecting the debate" I felt highlighting something as pathetic as racial abuse at a match was something that should be discussed, but you in your own little world thinks all I was doing was "deflecting the debate" (one which ended months ago, well for most of us.) one which I didn't think was still actually going on.

You're as bad as Heffo, just because I don't have a feckin statement and video proof it's not true for him, and clearly it's not as important as something that ended months ago for you. Says a lot about ye really. Too busy putting Cork down then anything else. Apparently discussing a dead debate is much more important then oh I don't know, discussing lets say racist abuse at the game.  ::) ::)

The debates over Dowling, accept it, move on.

Zulu

QuotePart of the problem with yourself and others of a similar mind Zulu is that you take one sentence at a time, nothing ties in with yourselves because you're looking for the worst.

I haven't a clue what that means, I'm not looking for the worst in anything or anybody I just find your obsession with the Cork strike very strange.

QuoteAs for the Cork display, everyone can have an opinion, we're not being scientific. You can throw up many possible reasons for the dismal first half display but give us your opinion for it.

I addressed this because you once again tried to bring back everything to the strike, it finished 3 months ago and if anything it should have inspired the players. Analysts in papers and on TV always come out with BS as to why players or teams didn't perform but the real reason 9 times out of 10 is there isn't a reason, it just happens. And anyone who has played sport will understand what I mean.

QuoteIf John Gardiner said it would be in the players' minds that a section of those in the county wanted Cork to fail can we not suppose that that might have been a factor in the team's performance?

He didn't say it would be in their minds, he said they were aware some of the Cork GAA public wouldn't support them and I'd doubt they were overly concerned about that. For all the talk players come out with about supporters and family etc. they are really playing for themselves and those involved in the team day to day becaus ethey are the people making all the sacrifices.

QuoteAs for needing time to develop a style of play. We're not talking about under 12s here, rather a group of players who have been together for some considerable time.

With respect you're talking complete rubbish here, if you take any group of players you might never get them to play as you want and you have no chance of significantly changing the way a team plays in 3 months. If Walsh is smart he'll just leave the players play the system they are most comfortable with for the next few months (with maybe some minor changes). Ask anyone who is involved in coaching if you can get players to play to a new system in 3 months and they'll all tell you what I said.

QuoteThere are many aspects related to the strike and they surface at different times.

Not sure what that means, but I'd say it is only you who thinks this.

QuoteI actually thought you would be one of the more mature strike supporters who would recognise this but it seems I'm mistaken and you pick and choose to suit your entrenched position.

I like to think I debate issues in a reasoned manner and I accept any well argued points from other posters, however the point I've repeatedly made in the past few weeks is that all reasoned well argued points by both sides have been made, so anyone continuing to debate on this thread is either rehashing old points or talking BS.