McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronefan

cant believe this tread is still going 

will somebody tell reillers that the strike is over and McCarthy is gone and the cork hurlers still have no chance of beating Kilkenny if they ever even get to meet them this year

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on May 05, 2009, 07:18:02 PM
If you don't "give a shit" then why continue with disrespectful posts?

Every single topic that is half about Cork turns into a Cork bashing topic, so what's the point?
Ye'll all hop on to that and bash them there.

I'd love nothing more to discuss hurling, but any and every attempt that was made my myself and Realrebel..etc was stamped out to whining by ye and it didn't survive.
So what's the point.

I could start a Cork topic or a Championship topic and ye wouldn't discuss hurling there either, ye'd probably hijack that topic as well and continue to bash Cork and their players.

So what's the point. Are you going to tell me that if a topic was started about Cork that you wouldn't start the, I hope they get crushed and get what "they deserve" for their actions and that "justice" is served?

So I ask again, what's the point?

I officially give up. ???

deiseach

The eternal internet conundrum: how does one express your lack of interest in a thread without actually posting on the thread?

rosnarun

about 90% of the posts here now are people wondering why its still here . so here another bump fot it
what it about any way . was it the intoduction of the professional hurling team down  in cork ?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2009, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: Reillers on May 05, 2009, 07:18:02 PM
If you don't "give a shit" then why continue with disrespectful posts?

Every single topic that is half about Cork turns into a Cork bashing topic, so what's the point?
Ye'll all hop on to that and bash them there.

I'd love nothing more to discuss hurling, but any and every attempt that was made my myself and Realrebel..etc was stamped out to whining by ye and it didn't survive.
So what's the point.

I could start a Cork topic or a Championship topic and ye wouldn't discuss hurling there either, ye'd probably hijack that topic as well and continue to bash Cork and their players.

So what's the point. Are you going to tell me that if a topic was started about Cork that you wouldn't start the, I hope they get crushed and get what "they deserve" for their actions and that "justice" is served?

So I ask again, what's the point?

I officially give up. ???
It's a simple question, if another topic about Cork comes up, do you, yes or not, not believe that you and all the others on here, will come in and hijack the thread to bash Cork.
Will you continue to make coments about hoping they loose for justice. Will you bash the team or discuss hurling because anytime there was an attempt to talk about the hurling your kind brought it back to whining and moaning and thrashing the Cork players.

Simple question. Will you continue your childish factless coments or talk about hurling?
Yes or no?

Tatler Jack

QuoteSimple question. Will you continue your childish factless coments or talk about hurling?
Yes or no?

Two questions Reillers so hard to answer yes or no.

INDIANA

In fairness we had a good debate on another thread and you hijacked it because someone said Cork had fallen from grace. perhaps we could get an undertaking from yourself that you'd just bugger off on a permanent basis unless you're prepared to draw a line in the sand from now and express yourself appropriately. thats the last I have to say on the matter. I'll be starting up other threads in the coming days- if you can't adhere to the above- do us all a favour and don't post.

Reillers

I have no problem talking about hurling, we've tried it several time and ye've complained.

You think you're so high and mighty, get off your high horse, you tried to "out" me at one stage, you made childish coments, you just think you're right because there's more of you.
You make coments about oh how it'll be justice and such if they get trashed and you expect me to what, ignore it even though it's bullshit. And then you've the stones to tell me not to post because you don't agree with me.

Who do you think you are? Last time I checked you weren't a mod, and if a mod bother checking a post of yours not so long ago you probably would have been banned or at least gotten a warning.

You refuse to listen to anyones opinion you blindly insulted me in the Dublin topic, making childish coments, telling me I was a bandwagon fan despite me being involved with my club for since I was a child, you told me I was 100% wrong about Cork underage despite me being involved with it for years, and having seen them play far more then you, but you based your so called expert opinion on you seeing one sorry two, then half of the Cork team against an underage Dublin side.

You do not listen to a word I say and you disregard and insult me again and again and you want me to what, ignore it?

Please actualy respont to this post instead of another. "I give up" bullshit.

INDIANA

Nope I'm not engaging anymore with you  Reillers. You can post away on this to your hearts content. I've nothing to say on the title of this thread anymore and I haven't posted on the relevent subject matter for weeks and I've no intention of doing so. You can freely post away here with the others to your hearts content.
All I'd ask is that you don't hijack any other threads where someone might suggest Cork mightn't be world beaters anymore. thats all. Adios.

Reillers

Surprise surprise you don't even have the stones to answer. Says it all really.

Tatler Jack

QuoteWe do not deserve such a CCB, no one does

My God – this persecution is outrageous. Is there no stopping the perfidious Kim il Frank and his nefarious henchmen.  Justice for Reillersland I say.  Maybe we can start a petition.
Reillers would you ever catch yourself on. No one except a few pathetic souls like yourself  believes this ramiéis. The illusion of a venal vindictive CB driven by hatred of the players and of clubs served the players agenda well during the recent strike and help mobilize the mob.  But the reality is that the Cork CB are no a whole lot different from most CBs – lots of shortcomings, could be better but for the most part doing what they believe is best for Cork GAA and the GAA at large. And the CB are not some inanimate structure. The executive is  composed of people who with the exception of the County Secretary have been elected by the clubs – all clubs including junior clubs.  The delegates are appointed by the clubs and can be removed by the clubs. That is the CB.  I happen to know people who have served on the CB executive over the years and while I might not agree with all of their views I would never doubt the sincerity of their intentions.

The reason Reillers and Zulu and a few more are so anxious to see this thread wound up is that they feel uncomfortable with what has happened. A decent man was hounded out of his role as manager by a mob carefully orchestrated by a small group of players and their advisors. And then having hounded him out they accepted a manager appointed by the same CB that they had previously described as rotten. It is now clear that all along the players wanted victory and Gerald's head was the trophy. The dispute could have been settled months back if the players agreed to talks with the CB and Gerald. But no. Not alone did they want to win but they wanted to win publicly with no compromise – the one thing that this group pride themselves in is that they have "won" each strike without any compromise. That is more important to them than the future of Cork GAA or any human decency.  

Reillers you can bluff, blather and bluster here until page 1001 and it wont change the facts. If you want Cork GAA to improve  I suggest you spend a bit more time doing some work in your club ( I know a lot of the Bishopstownlads and they need help in many areas) or you can keep up the cyberspace equivalent of barking at cars. And if you want to discuss hurling I suggest you start a thread on the Cork/Tipp game or on the County discussion thread fill us in on the club games you attended at the weekend.

Seo mo focail scoir ar an t-ábhar seo. Tá cloiche níos mo ar mo pháidrín.

imtommygunn

Can a thread be locked by whoever started it?

Minder can you lock it?

Waste of everyone's time. You go in here in the hope someone has something interesting to say but it's the same rhetoric day from the same few day in day out...

awfulynice

Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2009, 09:58:54 PM
In fairness we had a good debate on another thread and you hijacked it because someone said Cork had fallen from grace. perhaps we could get an undertaking from yourself that you'd just bugger off on a permanent basis unless you're prepared to draw a line in the sand from now and express yourself appropriately. thats the last I have to say on the matter. I'll be starting up other threads in the coming days- if you can't adhere to the above- do us all a favour and don't post.

My God this reminds me of the quote in The Godfather part three "Just when i thought i was out [pulls angry face and clenches fists]...they drag me back in"

This is so true reillers...i never even knew you existed when we were discussing league format, i had the audacity to say i thought corks team was getting older and would need to replace some players and that the team would be badly affected by this over the next few years. Essentially i said they would be in a rebuilding phase and may be a little under their usual best.

My Last point....queue closing ceremony

dowling

Does that mean 'we' won then?

I jest of course, as we all know it's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part!

dowling

To be honest with the lads who want to close this thread, it has gone on a while and there's been a fair bit of repetition. For God's sake you have to be careful to remember what you wrote ten minutes ago sometimes as some slight deviation can be quickly thrown back in your face. But I suppose it's like the tv, you don't have to tune in if you don't want to. But I've no problem if posters want to close this or carry on. I made the point everything for Cork hurling now is relative to the strike and of course it is. However there aren't going to be any 'big' issues jumping out every day. Something 'big' might happen along the way. Of course there are questions still to be answered and it wont be here but there's a need for recognition of reality too. What other group of thirty GAA members could change county procedure and have such a profound affect on the Association? And that's the base line.
Anyway if something new arises as a consequence of the strike and i have time and am allowed by the mods I'll address it from my perspective, and as usual without insult to other posters. I just hope those of opposing views can also maintain some civility.