McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awfulynice

Quote from: theskull1 on May 05, 2009, 09:19:29 AM
Good post Bud.

awfulynice as much as I understand your sentiment....I disagree fundamentally that this is over so to speak. Just because we get tired of arguing doesn't mean that there are not things that need to be discussed. I agree this thread isn't acheiving a great deal OTHER THAN giving many of us who still feel very angry to make our voices heard towards a group of individuals who know the price of everything and the value of nothing, yet apparently seem to be able to dupe the dumb masses into believing that it's ALL for the love of Cork hurling.

No sorry i just meant that there will be a definitive answer after this year in the championship i believe depending on how cork perform. The players were saying that his methods were wrong and that it was stopping them reaching their potential. Since he has been replaced there is nothing stopping them this year. If they fail to at least reach an all ireland semi final they will have disproved their own theory  and Gerald McCarthy will be vindicated for his stance. If they win the all ireland they can feel justified in their stance and strike.

Im not going to debate the issues because as i said i really dont know the ins and outs of them and would be made to look very foolish very quickly!! I just feel that the proof will be in the pudding this year and will prove who was right and who was wrong

dowling

Fair points there awfulynice, we will see indeed.
Don't worry about not knowing anything though, sure none of the rest of us do apart from Reillers, and occasionally GAA. We just plough on anyway.

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on May 04, 2009, 11:28:06 PM
QuoteZulu I'm aware you stated the league results weren't relative to the strike but surely everything about Cork hurling is relative to the strike for the next while at least.

Sorry now dowling but that is just nonsense, the rights and wrongs of the strike were debated and now we will see how things pan out, nobody suggested that if the players got their way that all would be rosy in the garden, so I don't see what relevance early results have.

QuoteFor a start there are those who were on strike but now are not part of the panel. Should those who knew they weren't going to be playing have been involved in the strike and why were they? Have they been somewhat dishonest and is that an accurate reflection of the strikers as a whole if they were?

I don't know what you're talking about here but i presume it is Brian Murphy, irrespective of what Brian's motives were for staying with the panel while on strike or leaving now that they are back playing, they can't be extrapolated to the whole panel.

QuoteThe strikers claimed they were training and people on here stated their trainers were of the highest quality yet the performances to date are not reflective of quality training. What's the story there?

These trainers are proven performers and were involved in AI winning teams so they are top quality trainers irrespective of Corks recent results but even if you are to judge them on the 4 league games they won two and lost two, which isn't bad. And when you consider they lost to the two AI finalists it isn't bad at all, especially when they were the only 4 games the Cork players had played since getting knocked out of last years championship.

You and a few others are looking for evidence of a fall out in Cork hurling at every turn yet you fail to acknowledge that players from both the 08 and 09 squad are training and playing together at this very moment. If the 08 squad are such bad guys why are the 09 panel players, who Gerald gave a chance to, still playing with these lads who treated him so bad?

Nothing in that post is nonsense Zulu. Firstly the strikers said Ger's training wasn't up to scratch so the training they're doing now and the impact of it is and will be directly relative to the strike. Their training now is as a consequence of the strike.

People leaving the panel, whether genuine reasons or not, can be tied in to the whole 200 panel. The strikers made a point of playing on the unity factor and how players were prepared to forego county careers. Yet it would seem some had already decided or are still to decide on those careers. Surely if the leaders of the strike had known something about this it would be dishonest on their part.

As for the training, the strikers made a big issue of training, they would train whether on or off the panel, it showed their committment to the jersey and they had the right men looking after them. Yet when it comes to the matches they're off the pace and very fortunate to get two wins. Were we all mislead on the training they were doing?

I think it's good that there is a blend of both panels and I'm not looking for any division among them and the fact that so many of the 09 panel are still there just goes to show that pre-season no one should think they can hold the county the ransom. That strike mightn't have cost Donal og his place but it has for others.

Now I'm just answering your post Zulu, but whether you think the strike was right or wrong, from the moment the panel went on strike everything thereafter was going to be relative to it if they got their way. Even the way the manager is picked now is relative to it. It's a nonsense to think otherwise.

dowling

Reillers

Ye say I ignore what ye say, ye dismiss everything that I say, ye are convinced ye're right and don't even bother replying to any of us. Ye say I'm bad, that I'm convinced none of ye are right, but ye're worse. At least I, for some reason, bother to reply to ye. The only reason ye think ye're so much better and more then I am or GAA, Zulu for that matter is because ye out number us, OM looks right even though he's genuinely clueless and thinks FM is a good man.
Insults, mocking, whining, ye all "right" on that and the handful of us are "wrong" because there's more of ye.

Dowling's ignored a post that clearly he has no answer to a few times now and Bud refuses to answer just resorting to petty insults and dancing around the questions.

But at the end of the day ye pick on the few who have different opinions, it's a joke. I couldn't give two shits, but it's the constant whining and moaning from ye. Complaining that I always say that I think I'm the only ones who's right that gets on my nerves because ye do the exact same, if not much more.

Ye do it all the time, swearing we're wrong, whining at our answers and questions, constant insults and constantly trying to undermine us.

The only reason ye think ye're so right is because ye outnumber us. But ye are no better if not worse then us. So get off ye're high horses, ye'd be made look like fools with some of yere coments if there was more then one Cork person on here. But no, because there's more of ye, the minority, no matter how right that opinion is, is wrong.

dowling

Firstly Reillers you were quite happy to use the 'might is right' philosophy when it sorted out the strike in Cork.
However that's not the case here and while your repetition can be irritating I don't think anyone has any malice for you.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on May 05, 2009, 05:03:52 PM
Ye say I ignore what ye say, ye dismiss everything that I say, ye are convinced ye're right and don't even bother replying to any of us. Ye say I'm bad, that I'm convinced none of ye are right, but ye're worse. At least I, for some reason, bother to reply to ye. The only reason ye think ye're so much better and more then I am or GAA, Zulu for that matter is because ye out number us, OM looks right even though he's genuinely clueless and thinks FM is a good man.
Insults, mocking, whining, ye all "right" on that and the handful of us are "wrong" because there's more of ye.

Dowling's ignored a post that clearly he has no answer to a few times now and Bud refuses to answer just resorting to petty insults and dancing around the questions.

But at the end of the day ye pick on the few who have different opinions, it's a joke. I couldn't give two shits, but it's the constant whining and moaning from ye. Complaining that I always say that I think I'm the only ones who's right that gets on my nerves because ye do the exact same, if not much more.

Ye do it all the time, swearing we're wrong, whining at our answers and questions, constant insults and constantly trying to undermine us.

The only reason ye think ye're so right is because ye outnumber us. But ye are no better if not worse then us. So get off ye're high horses, ye'd be made look like fools with some of yere coments if there was more then one Cork person on here. But no, because there's more of ye, the minority, no matter how right that opinion is, is wrong.

Have you been drinking today ?  ;)

dowling

Reillers what question is it I'm supposed not to have answered.

INDIANA

In the interests of the hurling section lads- lets put this to bed once and for all. As what happened the waterford hurlers last year- justice usually applies itself in the end and I've no doubt this will be the same in the cork hurlers case. Cork have the county board they deserve or want so let them get on with it.

If we keep rehashing this thread we will have no hurling threads for the championship.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2009, 06:09:37 PM
In the interests of the hurling section lads- lets put this to bed once and for all. As what happened the waterford hurlers last year- justice usually applies itself in the end and I've no doubt this will be the same in the cork hurlers case. Cork have the county board they deserve or want so let them get on with it.

If we keep rehashing this thread we will have no hurling threads for the championship.

Was this the longest thread ever in the history of the board ?

Will there be an official closing ceremony ??

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2009, 06:09:37 PM

It is kept being rehashed because of disrespectful coments like that.

We do not deserve such a CCB, no one does.
It is not our fault that any attempt to gain power back is destroyed because of bending and manipulation of the rules or delegates being forced to make decisions that their clubs do not want them to make.

The people in the clubs, the clubs of Cork do not deserve such treatment and arrogant insulting coments like that is what makes this thread continues on and on.

"Justice" please. For what standing up to a dictatorship that know one else would stand up to, and they're supposed to be punished for that? Should they be?

Don't even bother trying to compare it Waterford because it just isn't the same and it highlights your lack of knowledge or willing to understand the situation. Waterford players just didn't like their manager, and afters years of great service and dedication from Justin McCarthy to that team, to making the players into what they are, just because the players weren't preforming they stabbed him in the back.

In Cork, they'd 2 years of a manager who had no respect for the players, the team had gone backwards, it didn't work out, it wasn't working out, but they would have stuck with him if he was appointed correctly. None of their actions were provoked despite what some of ye try to preach because they weren't preforming. At the end of the day the players actions were over the CCB not the manager. Despite what ye'd love to think it's not the truth. The truth of it is that their actions were based solely on the actions of the CCB.

There's a difference between having no respect for a man who's served them for years and got them to where they were, then reacting after being provoked again and again.
In Waterford it was a disrespectful unprovoked action that was underserving.
In Cork, it was the players reaction after the CCB provoked them.
In Cork it's a question of how many times you can kick a dog to the ground before it bites back, and is it right them to put the dog down then?

But no but because there's more of ye, ye're "right."

So what's justice Indy, being punished for standing up to a CCB that has a strangle hold over the county, that do not have best intentions of the county at heart, and if you go by the support they got from the clubs, their actions were proved to be correct as they were backed fully by the clubs, so what would justice have been.

The CCB even half put back in their box because of the players actions, or letting the CCB continue to abuse their power.
What is, in your view justice?

INDIANA

At this stage Reillers I couldn't give a shit, can we have a commitment from people to abandon this thread. Its about time we got the hurling section moving here , rather than reading this thread time and time again. The potential is there for a good championship this year for the first time in years and I'd prefer at this stage to talk about that.

Reillers

If you don't "give a shit" then why continue with disrespectful posts?

Every single topic that is half about Cork turns into a Cork bashing topic, so what's the point?
Ye'll all hop on to that and bash them there.

I'd love nothing more to discuss hurling, but any and every attempt that was made my myself and Realrebel..etc was stamped out to whining by ye and it didn't survive.
So what's the point.

I could start a Cork topic or a Championship topic and ye wouldn't discuss hurling there either, ye'd probably hijack that topic as well and continue to bash Cork and their players.

So what's the point. Are you going to tell me that if a topic was started about Cork that you wouldn't start the, I hope they get crushed and get what "they deserve" for their actions and that "justice" is served?

So I ask again, what's the point?

AZOffaly

Jaysus lads, every time I log onto this thread it's the same craic. Is there a Guinness World Record attempt going on I don't know about?

Some of ye lads remind me of this ..