McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on April 25, 2009, 12:57:28 AM
Nothing that I know can be sworn to be 100% concrete. There are rumours, usually started by people desperate to stirr which seems to be what you're doing. I have heard one or two things. But like I said, I can't say that I'd swear on it.
Why are you so obsessed. Does it really matter. All you're trying to do is drag Murphy's name, one of the best defenders in the country, through the mud in an attempt to throw dirt at the players.
So if he has integrity, then why can't you. Why does it matter so much to you. Why can't you just accept it and move on. It's grown tiresome at this stage.
You're just trying to stirr at this stage. It's over, it happened, get over it.

Out of your own mouth Reillers there's doubt. While I can't produce any concrete evidence yet it wouldn't be amiss to assume there is going to be more than one causualty from the strike. There's no point in you ignoring that. I wish Cork well but I wouldn't think for one minute all is well with Cork hurling after all that has taken place although I'm sure a great deal is being done to ensure that the effects of what took place are minimised. But everything wont be put to bed. There will be issues and grievances for some time to come. Whether Brian Murphy's 'retirement' is an issue we'll find out in time.
I'm unconvinced either way on this and if the migraine theory is correct it wont be a bother to me but I wont ignore the fact that there will be lasting fallout from the strike. If you choose to ignore that then that's up to you.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on April 29, 2009, 08:45:40 AM
Quote from: Reillers on April 25, 2009, 12:57:28 AM
Nothing that I know can be sworn to be 100% concrete. There are rumours, usually started by people desperate to stirr which seems to be what you're doing. I have heard one or two things. But like I said, I can't say that I'd swear on it.
Why are you so obsessed. Does it really matter. All you're trying to do is drag Murphy's name, one of the best defenders in the country, through the mud in an attempt to throw dirt at the players.
So if he has integrity, then why can't you. Why does it matter so much to you. Why can't you just accept it and move on. It's grown tiresome at this stage.
You're just trying to stirr at this stage. It's over, it happened, get over it.

Out of your own mouth Reillers there's doubt. While I can't produce any concrete evidence yet it wouldn't be amiss to assume there is going to be more than one causualty from the strike. There's no point in you ignoring that. I wish Cork well but I wouldn't think for one minute all is well with Cork hurling after all that has taken place although I'm sure a great deal is being done to ensure that the effects of what took place are minimised. But everything wont be put to bed. There will be issues and grievances for some time to come. Whether Brian Murphy's 'retirement' is an issue we'll find out in time.
I'm unconvinced either way on this and if the migraine theory is correct it wont be a bother to me but I wont ignore the fact that there will be lasting fallout from the strike. If you choose to ignore that then that's up to you.

Why do you care so much. You say you're not obsessed but all you're doing is obsessing looking for something, anything, to moan about.
I am 99.9% certain that was I was told was true and if you can't except that, well then that's your own problem.
You wish Cork well, don't bullshit me Dowling, you among others showed your delight when we lost.
Seriosly why do you care so much. You've no proof to say it's not what I think it is, what I've been told, never mind the fact that he'd to be convinced last year to stay, and I mean really convinced because he didn't think he could play. But hey none of that matters when you're looking for some conspiracy.

I couldn't care less whether you're unconvinced either way or that you clearly are looking for some sort of drama, that you have some clear issues putting things to bed.
Clearly you have some issues letting go. For the love of God just let it go. As fun as it's been humouring you it's getting a little old at this stage.

orangeman

I think we'll have to wait on the book for the truth to this one.

Bud Wiser

jesus, I go away for two days and the thread is nearly half way down the board.  Before it dissapears altogether can someone tell me how the players got the tracksuits they are wearing in Reilers Avatar, if they came from the county board or did the players do a direct deal.  How is sponsorship in general working down there, does it come from the County Board/Through the County Board or is it gone all maverick kinda way?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

The GAA

How many tims have you to be told that noone here knows.

Are you genuinely stoopid or is it for effect?

dowling

Funny the things people don't know when they know so much about everything else.

So many sources and yet one little question from Bud......

The GAA

so you think someone knows the answer to that inane question and is holding back?

how come gerald mccarthy never wore a suit to the meeting with the clubs?
i know but i want one of you to tell me. noone?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on April 30, 2009, 01:14:51 PM

so you think someone knows the answer to that inane question and is holding back?

Maybe he doesn't have a suit ?

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on April 30, 2009, 01:14:51 PM

Sure if you want to continue the personal attacks on Gerald where the strikers left off carry on gaa but maybe you should start a new thread.

The rest of us are trying to move on to the effects of the strike on Cork hurling this year and the county in general.
Even though you might have missed that others will probably get a handle on it in due course.

Bud Wiser

I heard that the rift started because some of the players were taking large chunks of sponsorship directly and the county board were concerned that the panel were at a stage where they were about to deal directly with the main sponsor.  When they walked into the Press Conference (or if you prefer, the Last Supper) all dressed up in their new tracksuits it raised a question of concern about sponsorship to anyone who was not blinded by the offerings made by the panel as to why their treatment of Gerald McCarthy was justified. It is equally justifiable for me as a GAA supporter and a sponsor to ask the question what direction sponsorship is taking. Without being boastfull, I have sponsored a good few clubs with sets of hurls or funds for sets of hurls, as recently as this week I sponsored a club in County Antrim when in fact my business is less able to afford it at this time.

Therefore, when I ask a question about sponsorship I feel I have more right to ask it than the shoppers who it is most probable never gave anything to hurling in their life.
When I get an answer from someone who one day knows everything and another day knows the players personally and who then uses the standard answer of "I don't know" and asks "am I stoopid" or what, I do not accept that answer as truthful.  And the reason I want to know about the tracksuits is because it is my business and I will tell you why it is my business:

When I give a hundred pound/euro to a club in Antrim, or Laois or wherever I give it based on my perception of what kind of club it is going to and why they need it. County Boards can ony distribute as much money as they have and with the increased demand for all-weather pitches any one club could spend a million if they got it.  In the case of the club in Antrim, my brothers lad went there to live and he was taken in by that club that was built brick by brick out of good peoples money because, like other clubs, the needs of the community came before the dress code of those involved when attending press conferences.  If I thought for one minute that the players from the club were getting large chunks of direct sponsorship and the county board (in any county) were turning a blind eye, or worse, were forced to agree with this practice, then I would never give sponsorship again in my life.

This is a very serious matter and not alone has Reillers or GAA failed to address it but it has even been avoided at National Congress. My understanding of how sponsorship works is that each county board has a treasurer as well as each club. That's where the money goes and from where it is distributed in the best interest of each club. For your sake Reillers as you are endowed with a fair bit of tunnel vision, when I gave my brothers lad a cheque I didn't say to him, "here, go off and buy yourself a nice tracksuit, you will look lovely when you walk into the clubhouse in Antrim next week" because I did not have to, because he knew how sponsorship should work.  Now, what I am asking is, how does it work in Cork? Is precedent being set with new forms of sponsorship?

In other words, who paid for the f**king tracksuits and press conference costs? And please don't call me stupid or stoopidor say you don't know.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

Bud you heard very, very wrong. To answer your question, the 09 team, McCarthy's bunch have those tracksuits. So take what you want from that.

(And on another note, not fully directed at Bud, but everyone in general)

You know it's gotten to the stage where I actually pity the poor people still making up, well attempting to, (I'm not saying you are, like you said, you heard it) make up incredibly vicious, untrue, rumours and keep this drama going to just to try and get back at the players and constantly make them look like the worst set of people in the country it's sad and it's undeserving. I mean Dowling cries constantly about how oh poor Gerald got treated badly, it's (I'm not for a second justifying the phone calls and such) not even a taste of what the players are getting. But I don't see Dowling condeming the phone calls they got, or the treatement they get, well know see probably because that's fair, some how just in his eyes. I mean it's pathetic at this stage that people are still going out at and making up horrible rumours that are based on nothing at all, no evidence, but that doesn't matter to these so called GAA fans, these stirrers. I mean despite what ye'd love to think, (and I'm sick shit of this bullshit about I like Cork GAA but..) but despite what ye'd love to think, and it seems at this stage that it's a vicious addiction, but these players are not much different to any other player in the country or any other team. All they did was that they stood up to a dictatorship of a county board that is intentially killing Cork GAA, choking it to death, no one gives a damn about that, or about the fact that ever key person, John Allen, O Grady, the backroom team, all of them that they ever worked with backed them fully, you had members of Gerald's backroom staff resigning because of the rumours, the lies that were being spread about the players from inside that group. I mean all that backing, everyone who knew the situation, the true situation, not what you read in the papers, everyone besides Gerald and Teddy McCarthy, backed the players fully, and not to mention so did the clubs, fully. There is a very, very valid reason for that, a very strong one but hey ye don't give a crap about that ye'd rather concentrate on bullshit rumours that are not true, not even slightly. Ye couldn't care less about what's true, about what I just said, ye love making the players look nothing more then the bad guys, horrible, horrible people, the villains who are no better then what you'd find at the bottom of your shoe. It's not right, and it's not fair, because more then anything they are amateur volunteers like me and you (well some of you)  and they do not despite what you may think deserve the crap they are getting. They were completely backed 100% in their actions by the clubs of Cork. That should be enough.

But it's not, ye wont stop untill he's desicrated every name of every player in the Cork team with vicious insulting untrue rumours. But the fact that they are untrue, well all the better I suppose. Because well they deserve it right? THey are horrible, horrible people right? They deserve all the crap they got, they deserve to rot in hell right, they deserve all their phone calls, all their threats, for doing something in Cork that should have been done a long time ago, the right thing.

And as per usual, as perdictable as ever ye'll dismiss what I just said as ranting or bullshit, or repeating myself, or something about the way I phrased things..etc.
But for once. FOR ONCE LOOK AT THE TRUTH. Instead of rumours that cannot be backed at all.

Bud Wiser

Who gave the 2008 panel the tracksuits?  Im not interested in what the 2009 panel had been given so I will take it that you don't know who gave them the tracksuits or out of what sponsorship was the venue for the press conference paid for. Anyone that claims to know anything about Cork hurling would know who sponsored the tracksuits.  I am putting it to you that the CCB did not sponsor them, do you even agree with that? 

orangeman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on May 02, 2009, 12:22:21 PM
Who gave the 2008 panel the tracksuits?  Im not interested in what the 2009 panel had been given so I will take it that you don't know who gave them the tracksuits or out of what sponsorship was the venue for the press conference paid for. Anyone that claims to know anything about Cork hurling would know who sponsored the tracksuits.  I am putting it to you that the CCB did not sponsor them, do you even agree with that? 

The tracksuits etc were a provided by virtue of a "side deal" done by the ringleaders.

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on May 02, 2009, 12:22:21 PM

If you're not interested in the 09 panel who had the same tracksuits, then why are you interested in the current panel? They've the same tracksuits, the same gear.

Bud Wiser

Surely to jaysus reillers you are not suggesting that McCarthys bunch , as you so eloquently call them , were to play without any gear?  They were the official Cork team, and if the strikers who were in winter training were able to advertise their all new tracksuits , while they refused to play then it comes as no surprise to me and thousands like me that the lads who did play would be given assistance from the county board.  The Cork senior hurling team went on strike, a campaign was funded over a period of at least four months and that campaign included notice to the public that:

The Cork team were in training. If it costs half a million to get a team for an All-Ireland and since this training was supposed to be better than what the county board could provide how much did it cost and who funded it.
There were Press Conferences including hire of hotel, sound equipment, drinks, refreshments.
Playing gear including the now famous Tracksuits and other general expenses.

Now, please don't tell me because the lads that played for McCarthy were given tracksuits that all of the above costs associated with this sick and sorry denbacl came from the Cork County Board because if you believe that not alone do you know nothing about Cork hurling but you should start looking around for a looney bin.