McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 19, 2009, 11:39:08 PM
Lies? Pot and kettle -pot and kettle Reillers. Do you not have school in the morning?
Do you say everything I say and post it back at me, it is really neccesary, can you not form your own view. It's beyond irritating at this point.
Usually you are one of the more "rational" people on here, but really, like I said, your posts are getting more childish by the minute.

INDIANA

There is no rationalising with you man. You're one of the most arrogant, condescending individuals I've ever come across even by Cork standards. Away with you.

dowling

Reillers glad you're now acknowledging Donal og not playing his best but I don't agree his shot stopping is as good and Waterford could have had at least another goal. I accept Walsh is his own man but I just wonder as this was a 'meaninless' league game were there any factors that caused him not to give another keeper a go.

Reillers

Look like I said, I'd love to sit here listening to you hurl childish insults at me, but some of us, like I've said before have work in the morning. Maybe tomorrow you wont be in such a foul childish mood. Obviously you're upset about something, United loosing or whatever it is, it's making you post incredibly childish posts. Something which I very much hope changes tomorrow.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on April 19, 2009, 11:44:51 PM
Reillers glad you're now acknowledging Donal og not playing his best but I don't agree his shot stopping is as good and Waterford could have had at least another goal. I accept Walsh is his own man but I just wonder as this was a 'meaninless' league game were there any factors that caused him not to give another keeper a go.
I never said he wasn't, I said it was harsh to judge him on one or two games. I've said for an age that Coleman should be given a go in goals, I watched him with his club for years, I've great time for him, a very determined lad, and I'd love to see him have a go in goals, not just as a sub, but Walsh wants to cement what is  potentially a very strong defence, and he'll probably go with experience in goal, there's no doubt about it really. I don't know why he played Donal Og in goals, I was dissapointed, but what can you do. Maybe it was because there were some very inexperienced players in there, and Donal Og, whatever about his form, has a hell lot of experience.
He was doing some crazy things today though, running 40 yards up the pitch with the ball was kinda strange, it really was a strange game. They really wanted to just get this game out of the way, a so they could get down to business and that did come across at times, can't blame them really.

There's a bit of club games to be played in the mean time, and hopefully players can get firing on all cylinders. I saw Sully Og playing today when he came on, and I have to say he showed some of his old self, his old form. Never has been right since he suffered that injury a season or so back. Never has done it in a Cork jersey. But today showed some very positive signs about his form coming back, and he has nothing put time to improve on. Pa Horgan the same as well, hasn't looked that sharp really, but a few haven't. Pa Cronin had his best game in ages, including with his club, he hasn't been great but showed some great form today. Him and O Neill had another stormer so can't wait to get them back with the club. There's plenty of time yet.
And hopefully if Donal Og shows that he's not up for it, then maybe Walsh has enough time, especially with a few friendlies, to give Coleman a go in goals.

heffo

Quote from Martin Breheny:

"A disappointing crowd of just 4,144 turned out on a warm, sunny Sunday, raising the question as to where the 10,000 who took to the streets in support of the striking players were. Clearly, most of them are more interested in empty gestures than actually supporting the team in the conventional way."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/deise-down-rusty-rebels-1713686.html

orangeman

Breheny clearly has lost the contract to write the books on the strike and the careers of the 08 panel.

realrebel

reillers
looks like we were both wrong about brian murphys reasons for retiring.
it wasnt his migranes after all it
im sure it will come public soon enough

AZOffaly

Quote from: realrebel on April 20, 2009, 01:33:14 PM
reillers
looks like we were both wrong about brian murphys reasons for retiring.
it wasnt his migranes after all it
im sure it will come public soon enough

You can't just say that and leave it :D Come on now, this thread was dying off. Spit it out and lets have another 25 pages of Reillers and Orangeman dissecting it, going off on tangents and repeating themselves ad infinitum.

Spit it out.

INDIANA

Quote from: orangeman on April 20, 2009, 10:36:45 AM
Breheny clearly has lost the contract to write the books on the strike and the careers of the 08 panel.

I think someone else has that boxed off. ;D

dowling

Be interesting to learn more about Brian Murphy and if migraines aren't the real reason why that has been put out.

theskull1

Reillers sure does know when to keep his head down. A shameful silence which says more about his position than when he is actually filling these pages.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Skull again making presumptions with no proof or fact, I haven't been home all day, it is quarter to 1 and I'm home, first time I've been near a computer since I left work because we spent half the night waiting around in a waiting room and I am beyond in a mood to deal with childish comments from you posts that have become increasingly chilsish from the likes of Indy. Really, I mean really, I'm not in the mood.

theskull1

Before I posted you were last online at 8:51 PM last night. I checked. If you weren't in front of your PC at the time I'll accept that, but do forgive me for it seeming odd that you were silent at this time considering your daily contributions to date.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on April 19, 2009, 11:33:20 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 19, 2009, 09:39:17 PM
Cheers Zulu for clarifying. So for those who hold the same opinion as yourself, its easy as others have said to want to see this topic die off. Those who hold opposing views as I'm sure you'll understand don't want to let the 08 brigade away with what they have done (in their opinion). I know you don't like it, but I don't understand your "frustration" at this topic continuing on, when we are dealing with differing opinions. A lot of us don't think this topic is "over"  :-\

I don't understand why you think people like myself would want this topic over, it is over, some around here just don't want to let go. I get the impression that you think I want it gone because I feel 'we' (pro-player posters) got away with something and now 'we' just want it forgotten before someone cottons on to us. I find that strange, I also think it is strange that anyone could feel there is more to this, if so I'd love to here it as I haven't read an original post on this topic in quite some time. Even at the height of the debate on this site we were all Largely re-posting our thoughts and little new was said, however now it is over, the players got Gerald out, Frank stayed in and the Cork panel is made up of both squads but dominated by the 08 lads. They've played the league and stayed up and soon they'll play in the championship, I reckon they'll get to teh semi finals but time will tell. What more is there to say, as far as i can see the rest of the GAA world is getting on with things and contary to some lads the sky hasn't fallen in. Maybe you could tell me why you feel this thread hasn't run its course because I think most people think that happened about 150 oages ago.  

Could you throw any light on the Brian Murphy situation from your 'well placed' sources Zulu?
If there's something afoot here it's indicitive of the consequences of the strike; while the 2008 panel thought they were solving 'their' problem by removing Gerald they have created greater problems for Cork hurling and the GAA county as a whole.
And that's why this thread hasn't run its course. All that happens now or is believed to be happening - as perception can be as important as reality - is directly linked to the 2008 panel withdrawing their support for Gerald McCarthy. And of course their treatment of him.