McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 16, 2009, 08:45:20 PM
How do you think Aisake will go.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Realrebel tells us that he's seen a text telling one of the 2008 panel and Reillers asks how Aisake will go ??????

Classy !! Real Classy -  :D :D

No real surprise there !

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on April 16, 2009, 08:55:01 PM
are u talking football? reillers
sorry i have no interest in football sorry ;D

Hurling. He was playing there in the seniors v U21s there a few days ago, scored a goal or two, played up full forward I'm sure. He's now got a trial with the seniors.

And OM, if you read RR's post, he's said he wants to talk hurling. So I did.

orangeman

Any comment on the text that Real Rebel mentioned ?

This is big news as well as the news that a couple of lads were less than happy about receiving orders not to attend the funeral.

realrebel

feck it i have to read some papers or something in the middle of moving house so not reading anything at the moment
jesus he might do well alright just what they need a big strong forward
why isnt he playing sunday he should drop hero

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on April 16, 2009, 09:16:36 PM
feck it i have to read some papers or something in the middle of moving house so not reading anything at the moment
jesus he might do well alright just what they need a big strong forward
why isnt he playing sunday he should drop hero

He's some bulky fella allright. Hell of an athlete. Wont be easily taken down at all.
If you believe the rumours abroad Santy could well be coming home at the end of the season..if only he hadn't left, imagine what him and Corcoran playing together would have been like.

Aisake had a game with the footballers on Sunday. He's still pretty raw, still too early to give him a game yet I'd say. He's just gotten a trial. Can't wait to see O Leary starting though.

realrebel

ya im looking forward to fintan and seein cronin back playing
i still want to see another keeper in goal after donal ogs mess ups against kilkenny
im glad barry johnson is getting a game i think he could really improve playing alongside the others

Bing Crosby .

Cork hurling is spiralling into an ever darkening pit and reiiliers himself has turned many a gaa man against Cork .

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 16, 2009, 08:35:39 PM
Quote from: realrebel on April 16, 2009, 08:27:51 PM
reillers
i know the cell bit of what teddy was talking about is true because i saw one of the texts that was sent by a player
the players had to deny it reillers they were hardly going to say they were doing it
in fact one of your club mates was at it
speaking of the truth the players have never come out to deny the statement made by the management that players were stopped going to the funeral
why because its true thats why
also brian murphy was one of the players who told donal og get fucked for asking them to stay away from the removal
and funny enough joe was another

but thats the last time i want to bring this up as its only going over old ground

You saw a text on who's phone ffs. You wont say, obviously, but you say you are incredibly close to McCarthy, so why would you be near anyone with a txt like that on their phone.
With all due respect why should I believe that. I've been told by certain people, not players but very close to the Gerald's side, that that was complete bullshit. Deane was up to his neck in the strike, everyone knows that. Murphy never cared who he's played under.
And all you've done, is say you're not going to talk about it but given clowns like OM a license to bitch and moan and cry and this will go on for pages more.

Deane was NOT up to his neck in the strike - not a chance - Deane was one of the decent ones during the whole sorry affair.

So you're close to people on Gerald's side ? Really ?? Who might that be then ? Surely not Teddy ?

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on April 16, 2009, 09:27:22 PM
ya im looking forward to fintan and seein cronin back playing
i still want to see another keeper in goal after donal ogs mess ups against kilkenny
im glad barry johnson is getting a game i think he could really improve playing alongside the others

O Leary has showed tremendous form with his club. I'd like to see Coleman a go, I've always said it and will keep saying it. He's got much better puck out as well. Johnson has been getting a go, which he deserves, I think he's got tremendous potential as well and I think you're right, I think he could improve a hell of a lot playing alongside some of these lads.

whiskeysteve

Hi Reillers I have a very important question about Cork. Who is the fella in this clip he seems to be a bit of a legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtQzH-k-XnA&feature=related
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Reillers

whiskeysteve

aye him, whats his story? Though I'd ask a prominent Cork poster...
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

dowling

Reillers if you used the term 'fan' inadvertantly that's fine but your description is still wrong. When I pay my money in to see my county I do so on an equal footing with the players, as a fully paid up member of the Association. I contribute towards the county's finances and offer support to the teams playing. If I watch other counties I do so as a fully paid up member and for the enjoyment of watching a game, at whatever level. And I would go to more matches that aren't senior level, club and county.
For someone who is not a GPA fan and hates Dessie you've done a great PR job for him.
I quoted Dessie elsewhere on this thread when he said the GPA's responibility is to its members. Are the GPA coaching schemes for 'weaker counties' not financed and if the finance wasn't there where would the GPA be?
Anyway to me fans are people who support distant soccer teams or rugby but aren't really involved in those sports. I would guess we're all pretty much involved in the GAA and card 'carrying members'.
It's difficult to guage just how the GPA sits at present in view of the response to the Kilkenny defeat accross the country but after the immediate shallow success of the strikers Dessie and co probably thought they had been strengthened. However they are now trying to exert their pressure group influence regarding the possible rule change, bypassing all GAA mechanisms, so maybe they think their position has been stregthened. If you're really opposed to the GPA you may hope the Cork strike hasn't strengthened their position.