McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

I've no problem debating it but it has been done and done to death all this hogwash about 'damage done' is utter nonsense, there is no longer a debtate going on here but simply lads acting like a bunch of blowhards repeating ad nauseum about 'damage done', 'coaches looking at their team with fear' and so on. But your right, if ye want to keep going on about it without making one new point then off ye go, yer beginning to remind me of those militas in the States locked away in yer own compound raving on about the big bad government and the need to prepare for the day of reckoning.

I'm simply saying that we've all said our piece and maybe it's time to leave it as it is, this issue has brought the worst out in some lads especially after it over ran but if ye want to continue posting lots but saying notthing, off ye go I suppose.

orangeman

I did say many, many times that after the whole strike was over that people in Cork would look back and ask themselves what it was all about. But I didn't think that it would happen in a matter of weeks.

Frank who was supposed to be the devil in disguise is still there and will be there until he decides to leave. The 2008 lads are as happy as Larry - they've got rid of Gerald. It was all as simple as that. A one issue strike. And yes, there has been damage done - serious damage - but as usual the end justifies the means in some peoples' minds.

Zulu

Welcome back to the compound OM, there's gritz n' beer in the kitchen. Later wes goin shootin rabbits for supper before we have our nightly doomsday meetin, just ta make sure everyone's on message.  :D :D :D :D

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2009, 05:03:10 PM
Welcome back to the compound OM, there's gritz n' beer in the kitchen. Later wes goin shootin rabbits for supper before we have our nightly doomsday meetin, just ta make sure everyone's on message.  :D :D :D :D

Stock up - we could be out all night !!  ;)

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on April 13, 2009, 05:06:47 PM

When is Reillers back?

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on April 13, 2009, 05:13:13 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 13, 2009, 05:06:47 PM

When is Reillers back?

I hear he's away to La Manga ??

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2009, 03:27:14 PM
Of course there'll be the odd article, there is still the odd article about the JFK assination, that doesn't mean we should still be going around in circles here. And yes a number of friends would be at least as well placed as Tomas so their information would be very sound.

And don't read too much into those cheers, I've been in plenty of grounds where this has happened and while I'm not denying that there would be a certain level of anti-Cork feeling over the strike, I'm sure some of it was simply satisfaction over these lads getting beaten. Their GPA involvement, the use of the Cummins balls etc. hasn't endeared them to many anyway. As for the future who knows what will happen but what i'd like to know is how long you intend posting the same basic post over and over again? What's done is done and we will have to wait and see what the future holds as a result, I don't hold the fears that some of you do and I'm confident I'm right but we will have to wait and see on that.

There's a big GAA world out there dowling and championship is just around the corner, why not come and join us, you surely have a view on other issues in the GAA, tell us your county and we can talk about your championship prospects, at least that will bring forth new posts and opinions.

Maybe needs to be repeated so often till it is heard-I mean heard, you know like that film where Robin Williams says to the wayward genius matt Damon, 'it wasi not your fault' and he said 'I know' but he didn't know until he said it over and over till he HEARD it man. You can't hear till you can hear -you can't see till you can see... These boys did wrong... take it on board - a lot of people are very let down in the GAA community about that... enough I know platitutes :o 

Zulu

Well any lads I meet on the road I'll be sure to send your way 'fox' and your can ring your bell and tell them all about how the end is nigh, me, like most others I know am just going to get on with it. Don't forget your sandwhich board 'fox'.

Tatler Jack

QuoteI was going to apply for one of the GAA development managers jobs in Cork or Kerry and would have done so except I'm leaving the country for the next year, however when I said it to a Cork mate he told me forget about Cork as you'd be banging your head against a brick wall.

So Zulu did you not apply for it because you are leaving the country or because what your Cork mate told you.  If you were interested you should have applied - I would pass little heed on what a lot of people say down here. 

Zulu

I didn't apply because I'm leaving the country TJ but I was trying to find out what level of support you'd be likely to get in each county, there was one for every county in Munster, and I wasn't hearing good things from my Cork contacts. In fairness it was only their opinion but they felt and I agree that they aren't overly ambitous in cork in this respect.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2009, 09:49:52 PM
I didn't apply because I'm leaving the country TJ but I was trying to find out what level of support you'd be likely to get in each county, there was one for every county in Munster, and I wasn't hearing good things from my Cork contacts. In fairness it was only their opinion but they felt and I agree that they aren't overly ambitous in cork in this respect.

Given the shenanigans that's been going on in Cork, it might be difficult to guage opinion as was indicated during the so called "protest marches". There were supposed to be 10 or 12,000 people on the march but the league game in Cusack Park brought only a few hundred hardy supporters out of their bunkers. And the home game wasn't much better the following Sunday.

Zulu

Tbh OM the strike or any issues surrounding it had no bearing on my view or my mates (as far as i know), I'd like to do the games development manager job at some point in some county but I'd be worried that a CB would give you a small budget and tell you 'off you go work miracles' and don't bother us with the details. I wouldn't only have concerns about Cork in this respect.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2009, 11:34:18 PM
Tbh OM the strike or any issues surrounding it had no bearing on my view or my mates (as far as i know), I'd like to do the games development manager job at some point in some county but I'd be worried that a CB would give you a small budget and tell you 'off you go work miracles' and don't bother us with the details. I wouldn't only have concerns about Cork in this respect.

Where does the funding come from ? Is it not the Munster council that would be handing out most of it with the rest coming from Cork ?

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2009, 03:27:14 PM
Of course there'll be the odd article, there is still the odd article about the JFK assination, that doesn't mean we should still be going around in circles here. And yes a number of friends would be at least as well placed as Tomas so their information would be very sound.

And don't read too much into those cheers, I've been in plenty of grounds where this has happened and while I'm not denying that there would be a certain level of anti-Cork feeling over the strike, I'm sure some of it was simply satisfaction over these lads getting beaten. Their GPA involvement, the use of the Cummins balls etc. hasn't endeared them to many anyway. As for the future who knows what will happen but what i'd like to know is how long you intend posting the same basic post over and over again? What's done is done and we will have to wait and see what the future holds as a result, I don't hold the fears that some of you do and I'm confident I'm right but we will have to wait and see on that.

There's a big GAA world out there dowling and championship is just around the corner, why not come and join us, you surely have a view on other issues in the GAA, tell us your county and we can talk about your championship prospects, at least that will bring forth new posts and opinions.

But the issue is still in the papers anyway, contrary to your implication.

So your friends say one thing, Tomas, and others, say another.... that reads like division to me.

You're deluding yourself if you think what happened re the Kilkenny match isn't unusual. That wasn't anti-Cork sentiment, it was anti-2008 panel sentiment and you probably know that. A couple of posters have thrown up articles to back up their argument, as this isn't yet out of the papers why don't you throw up one to show everyone is just a bitter so and so to back up your argument?

You miss the point Zulu. What's done isn't done. There's still a lot going on and a good chance much more will happen in the future. Or are you saying that you're friends have told you there wont be another strike or any further issues?

My county? Don't think it's relevent to this debate. But I thought you made a point about people trying to score on here so if you can give a good argument as to why my posting on one subject or my county is relevent then I'll respond.

Zulu

Yeah i think that's the case alright but I'm not sure how it works exactly or what type of budget you could expect, all i know is that none of the counties i'd be familiar with seem to be doing a whole lot. I could be very wrong but I'd say a lack of money and a lack of ambition is reason for this and while i'd love to give it a crack at some stage I'm not sure a lot of counties are really serious about these type of things.