McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 09, 2009, 08:32:52 AM
Reillers. Please no more on that tune. Please. The players/clubs have manifestly shown that despite their protestations they are willing to play while Frank Murphy and the rest of the executive still hold the whip hand. The clubs have let themselves down badly, and the players have meekly gone along with it.

I agree players should focus on the hurling, that's what they are/were good at, but they made it quite clear that Ger McCarthy was only a symptom of an underlying problem with a county board that would prefer total autocratic type power, rather than any sort of consultation.

But now, when the symptom is removed, suddenly the players, and the clubs, are happy with the status quo. As an outsider it is disgusting and dishonourable. It certainly gives a completely different slant to the messages that they, and you, were saying. I could see benefit in what they were saying back in Jan and Feb.

I include the clubs in this too, and all I can say is ye have the county board ye deserve.

*applause*

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on April 09, 2009, 12:33:01 PM

How would the quality of the coaching be assessed in that regime?

Club Juv Chairman and/or Club steering committee meet with the County games development manager on a regular basis - the Juv Chairman would be on hand a fair bit with the GPO and can see first hand how the coaching is

If you have weak club people and a weak GPO and poor club structures then the coaching will be poor.

If the club is organised and has motivated people in place and a good GPO then you'll have excellent coaching and hopefully a steady stream of kids from local schools who've met the GPO during PE and played in a blitz or whatever..

Bud Wiser

Reillers, out of curiosity, will you be giving the fingers a chance to grow back a bitand taking aira day off fo the Easter at all ?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

Oh relax I'm leaving the country for a few days tomorrow.  ;) ;)

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on April 09, 2009, 04:23:50 PM
Oh relax I'm leaving the country for a few days tomorrow.  ;) ;)

Jetting in for the last few days in La Manga  ;)

Bud Wiser

QuoteOh relax I'm leaving the country for a few days tomorrow.

One last request, will you ask the lads who paid for the tracksuits before you go? 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 09, 2009, 04:41:37 PM
QuoteOh relax I'm leaving the country for a few days tomorrow.

One last request, will you ask the lads who paid for the tracksuits before you go? 
The ones at the press conference? Ya but why?

longrunsthefox

Jees! In Gaelic Life- Brolly gives the Cork hurlers some slagging today about the Kilkenny hammering and how delighted GAA supporters around the country were to hear it. Agree with him 100 per cent. 

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 10, 2009, 11:20:47 AM
Jees! In Gaelic Life- Brolly gives the Cork hurlers some slagging today about the Kilkenny hammering and how delighted GAA supporters around the country were to hear it. Agree with him 100 per cent. 

Totally agree. Great piece from Brolly.

Bud Wiser

I never liked Brolly.  Can anyone print this article or link it.  I feel like I can forgive Mr Brolly for all my bad thoughts and get to like him again.

Zulu

How long more can we expect posters who appear otherwise sane and reasoned to inflict their opinion of the Cork hurlers upon us? The issue itself dragged on for over 4 months, and it's now finished with at least a month and still we have lads coming on here to add nothing except reiterate their already expressed view of the Cork players. Nobody came out of this smelling of roses but it's over and in Cork their getting on with it, it's about time a few posters around here did the same.

longrunsthefox

I think Zulu you will find the negative attitude towards the Cork hurlers is across most of the GAA community and not just a few on this board. That is what Brolly spoke of.   

Zulu

The point I'm making is that everyone who has read this thread knows who the pro-player and anti-player player posters are, we've all made our points (repeatedly) so nothing new is being said. I couldn't care less what Joe thinks about the players, if you agree with him, grand, but why post it here and why do lads who we already know will agree with him post "yeah, I agree with Joe"?
Should I post on every pro-player news article before Reillers, GAA etc. come on and post that they agree with it?

We've done this to death and it's been a long time since anything interesting or new has been posted, it's time for posters to put this to bed and move on, tbh some lads are coming across a bit weird such is their obsession with the topic.

RedandGreenSniper

I think Zulu the reason some people are still posting is that while things might be moving on, they're moving on with the county board still in situ. And there seems to be no talk of revolution at that level now that Gerald McCarthy is gone. Whether that is the players or the clubs fault is a moot point - the fact is Cork as a county seem to be happy with the status quo so they can have little enough complaint from now on. As AZ said they have the county board they deserve.

But the thread is tiresome now, should be closed, and this is certainly my last offering on it.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

orangeman