McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Indy..(ignoring the childish rambling of Dowling and Co.) is it true that ye have 50 full time development coaches?

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 08, 2009, 11:57:12 PM
Who paid for the tracksuits? Simple question?

What tracksuits, the ones they wore the night of the press conference?

This was over the CB's actions. The CB hate the players because of their actions in 2002 and 2007, that humiliated them and took away their power.
There is no proof that they are getting any money.
The CB get everything, EVERYTHING, all the money.
The team are sponsored by O2 still, I think. And the CCB get ALL the money. Not a cent goes to anyone but the CCB. The players get free gear, that's it. I know a few 09 lads who were delighted with the amount of free socks they got.

Farrandeelin

Please, no more posts on this thread. I've decided I am going to read every single post and see if I am on reillers' side or everybody else's. It will probably end up everyone else's but just to read everything... :D

Well I managed to get to the start of pg 4... And I agree with everyone else. I agreed from day one but I didn't want to 'bitch and moan' as reillers would have put it. I had better things to be doing. I'm still delighted Donal Og let in 4 goals at the weekend though!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Reillers on April 09, 2009, 12:03:15 AM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 08, 2009, 11:57:12 PM
Who paid for the tracksuits? Simple question?

What tracksuits, the ones they wore the night of the press conference?

This was over the CB's actions. The CB hate the players because of their actions in 2002 and 2007, that humiliated them and took away their power.
The team are sponsored by O2 still, I think. And the CCB get ALL the money. Not a cent goes to anyone but the CCB. The players get free gear, that's it. I know a few 09 lads who were delighted with the amount of free socks they got.

Reillers. Please no more on that tune. Please. The players/clubs have manifestly shown that despite their protestations they are willing to play while Frank Murphy and the rest of the executive still hold the whip hand. The clubs have let themselves down badly, and the players have meekly gone along with it.

I agree players should focus on the hurling, that's what they are/were good at, but they made it quite clear that Ger McCarthy was only a symptom of an underlying problem with a county board that would prefer total autocratic type power, rather than any sort of consultation.

But now, when the symptom is removed, suddenly the players, and the clubs, are happy with the status quo. As an outsider it is disgusting and dishonourable. It certainly gives a completely different slant to the messages that they, and you, were saying. I could see benefit in what they were saying back in Jan and Feb.

I include the clubs in this too, and all I can say is ye have the county board ye deserve.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 08, 2009, 10:11:31 PM
Jaysus lads. Is this thread still going on?

i stopped reading it when Mc Carthy Left it was obvious then that he didn't have the backing of the 08 Cork Hurlers
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The GAA

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 09, 2009, 08:32:52 AM
Reillers. Please no more on that tune. Please. The players/clubs have manifestly shown that despite their protestations they are willing to play while Frank Murphy and the rest of the executive still hold the whip hand. The clubs have let themselves down badly, and the players have meekly gone along with it.

I agree players should focus on the hurling, that's what they are/were good at, but they made it quite clear that Ger McCarthy was only a symptom of an underlying problem with a county board that would prefer total autocratic type power, rather than any sort of consultation.

But now, when the symptom is removed, suddenly the players, and the clubs, are happy with the status quo. As an outsider it is disgusting and dishonourable. It certainly gives a completely different slant to the messages that they, and you, were saying. I could see benefit in what they were saying back in Jan and Feb.

I include the clubs in this too, and all I can say is ye have the county board ye deserve.

I can't disagree with a word of that

Bud Wiser

QuoteWhat tracksuits, the ones they wore the night of the press conference?

Who paid for the tracksuits?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 08, 2009, 11:47:17 PM
is it true that ye have 50 full time development coaches?

Dublin have just over fifty full time GPO's/Club coaches and three or four part time coaches who work in schools to cater for clubs with no coach..

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 09, 2009, 10:58:51 AM

Dublin have just over fifty full time GPO's/Club coaches and three or four part time coaches who work in schools to cater for clubs with no coach..

That's just ridiculous. Cork apparently have 1....sunning himself in La Manga. Says it all really.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 09, 2009, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: heffo on April 09, 2009, 10:58:51 AM

That's just ridiculous. Cork apparently have 1....sunning himself in La Manga. Says it all really.

Not that I doubt the accuracy of what you post, but can you confirm thats true?

Ridiculous if it is..

theskull1

Sometimes I wonder what they acheive on a day to day basis, but it does sound ridiculous.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

heffo

Quote from: theskull1 on April 09, 2009, 11:57:59 AM
Sometimes I wonder what they acheive on a day to day basis, but it does sound ridiculous.

In Dublin, a GPO has targets set by the county games development officer/club steering committee - certain number of training sessions in a certain number of schools, certain number of blitzes - getting around to each juvenile team a certain number of times..

The GAA

How would the quality of the coaching be assessed in that regime?

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on April 09, 2009, 12:33:01 PM

How would the quality of the coaching be assessed in that regime?

I would assume that the GAA Development officers would be responsible for attending coaching sessions and assessing them. Not sure of it happens though.

It also be results driven...In the bigger picture are now quality players coming through? Has numbers playing increased? Are development squads more competitive with other counties? Have minor teams improved? Eventually right onto senior teams?