McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 07, 2009, 09:56:31 PM
QuoteI met Kilkenny lads on the weekend who were sympathetic, as have I met Limerick fans who felt just the same.

If you had to be taken away in an ambulance like Cha Fitzpatrick at the final whistle of last years Semi-Final after the Tom Kenny stroke you wouldn't be too sympathetic.  I'd say what happened was that the few Kilkenny lads you met must have forgot about that but the team didn't and I wonder did Cody remind them before they went out that it was payback time?.  In fairness Cork did not resort to that level on Sunday.

They may have if they had been able to get close to them   ;D

Reillers

Quote from: anglocelt39 on April 07, 2009, 09:50:38 PM
I NEVER SAID THEY WERE

You never said they were what exactly.................................Take a deep breath Reillers, finish your sentences so that we can try to deconstruct your latest argument. For a lad who is at pains to tell the world he doesn't give a toss what anybody on this national GAA discussion board thinks of either (a) your opinions (b) Cork's place in the GAA (c) the 2008 work to rule merchants you don't exactly exude an air of devil may care nonchalance in your postings. I'm totally relaxed about this, raged Reillers.
I never said they were liked and what pisses me off is children like yourself and Dowling comming out and basically saying lies.
I never once said that they were liked, I've said they were hated and along comes idiots who show nothing but that they can't read, and says otherwise. That's what gets under my skin. People like yourself who make presumptions and refuse to actually read the posts.

dowling

Reillers for some reason you want to save your most nasty comments for me and I have to wonder why. You see you don't know anything about me, who I am, what I stand for, where I'm from, how much I know about anything to do with the GAA, what my role might be, what I've done, what level I've played at or who I might know or who have spoken to. But you're well qualified to make judgement on me, what with my record over the last few years and all the stuff about me in the media. Reillers you don't even know how close I might be to you.
One thing, I know a lot more than you think. And I know the same as anyone else who knows anything about hurling, someone else deserves a go in nets as Donal og on present form is a liability.
So to come down to your level again reillers save your shite for somewhere else. Still think you must have a connection to the 2008 panel.

As for the phone call boy. It would be positive if he - presuming the sex - was contrite, apologetic and said that he realised now sport wasn't worth what the McCarthys were put through. And do ye  know something, he probably does.   

Even if the 2008 panel - in all their time speaking to the media - couldn't say likewise. But sure we don't know those boys!!!

dowling

By the way reillers good to see you've taken that rugby picture off your profile. You being a Cork hurling man and all that. Just surprised you didn't put a new one on with your head stuck up the arse of a certain strike leader.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on April 08, 2009, 12:15:40 AM
Reillers for some reason you want to save your most nasty comments for me and I have to wonder why. You see you don't know anything about me, who I am, what I stand for, where I'm from, how much I know about anything to do with the GAA, what my role might be, what I've done, what level I've played at or who I might know or who have spoken to. But you're well qualified to make judgement on me, what with my record over the last few years and all the stuff about me in the media. Reillers you don't even know how close I might be to you.
One thing, I know a lot more than you think. And I know the same as anyone else who knows anything about hurling, someone else deserves a go in nets as Donal og on present form is a liability.
So to come down to your level again reillers save your shite for somewhere else. Still think you must have a connection to the 2008 panel.

As for the phone call boy. It would be positive if he - presuming the sex - was contrite, apologetic and said that he realised now sport wasn't worth what the McCarthys were put through. And do ye  know something, he probably does.   

Even if the 2008 panel - in all their time speaking to the media - couldn't say likewise. But sure we don't know those boys!!!

True, I know none of that, nothing about you, but I could say the same about the way you talk down at the players and make judgements and presumptions, and I don't see how I highlight you more then anyone else, a bit up yourself aren't you, but you think that the players are nothing better then the dirt you'd find at the bottom of your shoe. All you have to go on is what's printed in paper, same way all I have got to go on is what you say in here.
You know none of what I've highlighted about the players so does that make it fair that you judge them?

And you cry about me calling you arrogant but you make comments like comming down to my level, and say I've my "head stuck up the arse of a certain strike leader" but Dowling, "You don't know anything about me, who I am, what I stand for, where I'm from, how much I know about anything to do with the GAA, what my role might be, what I've done, what level I've played at or who I might know or who have spoken to. But you're well qualified to make judgement on me, what with my record over the last few years and all the stuff about me in the media."
So does that give you the right to judge me?

Your post has shown you for nothing more then a hypocrite.

Bud Wiser

QuoteReillers for some reason you want to save your most nasty comments for me and I have to wonder why. You see you don't know anything about me, who I am, what I stand for, where I'm from, how much I know about anything to do with the GAA, what my role might be, what I've done, what level I've played at or who I might know or who have spoken to. But you're well qualified to make judgement on me, what with my record over the last few years and all the stuff about me in the media. Reillers you don't even know how close I might be to you.

I remember your very first post on this thread dowling and without going back through the pages to find it you entered this fray in a most diplomatic way and you were no way insulting to any of us and it is for the way you announced your arrival on the thread that I remember your first posts. 

It is as clear as day that Reillers, or is it Allen, is involved with the has been panel, as it is clear that he bases the entire content of this thread in terms of points made that he alone knows what is happening, he knows the players while we on the other hand are second class posters in that if we don't live in Cork, attend every Cork trouncing, know the players individually, and all but sleep withy them then we know nothing.

If I have asked once I have asked twenty times, did the 2008 panel have to give back the 160 grande sponsorship they got and allow it go through the county board or were they allowed keep it? Were the conference designed tracksuits in reillers avatar given to them directly or did the sponsorship go through the county board?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

dowling

Cheers Bud. I have tried not to be offensive although admittedly I haven't always succeeded but like yourself I also try to debate rationally. And I wonder if you don't throw in a little abuse does reillers take that as a sign of weakness. While I was a bit OTT with the head up the arse bit I was trying to make a point which reillers missed.
At the end of the day there's enough information in the public domain for anyone to be able to offer an opinion on everything that has been going on in Cork. The fallout from the strike is a terrible shame but what is worse is people not even recogising it's there or adopting a couldn't care less attitude to it.
But then when people refuse to admit Donal og's performances to date and particularly against Kilkenny have been sub-standard then you have to wonder if being rational is beyond some people. Hope you get your questions answered Bud.

passedit

Quote from: dowling on April 08, 2009, 10:05:08 AM
Cheers Bud. I have tried not to be offensive although admittedly I haven't always succeeded but like yourself I also try to debate rationally. And I wonder if you don't throw in a little abuse does reillers take that as a sign of weakness. While I was a bit OTT with the head up the arse bit I was trying to make a point which reillers missed.

I see the holier than thou mask has slipped.

Have you ever posted on any other topic on this board?

QuoteIt is as clear as day that Reillers, or is it Allen

Still a campaign of intimidation on Reillers I see. Bud you should know better.
Don't Panic

The GAA

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 08, 2009, 08:16:59 AM
If I have asked once I have asked twenty times, did the 2008 panel have to give back the 160 grande sponsorship they got and allow it go through the county board or were they allowed keep it? Were the conference designed tracksuits in reillers avatar given to them directly or did the sponsorship go through the county board?

How can anyone answer a question on something that noone believes exists much less know anything about. While you're interrogating walt disney, ask him where the witch put my magic mirror....

The GAA

Quote from: realrebel on April 07, 2009, 06:53:33 PM
was talking to geralds family yesterday and they say the gardai have arrested a man over the death threats
and he confessed to it too
Fantastic news. I hope the clown gets jail time.

Bud Wiser

Well I was concerned for reillers there for a while because this board has been around for a long time and I would hate to see it getting the tag associated with internet bullying.  The gas thing about it is, despite being outnumbered it is not reillers but those that disagree with him are the ones being bullied and insulted from the very start of the thread with the "what do you know, yu have never seen the players, you ween't there, etc" and it is wearing a bit thin at this stage.  Cork disgraced themselves and it will be when the admit that fact, that is when they will get back to hurling and regain some credibility in the association.  Whether that takes one year, two years or ten years is etirely up to them but for me, I could not care less.  No amount of telling posters on this board that they know nothing can mask that fact.

Hurling in general did not need this type of anarchy at this particular time.  Gerald McCarthy did not need it, his family did not need it and most of all the young 2009 Cork panel did not need it.  Tipperary county board spokesman said at the beginning of this rubbish that if they were to win a munster final or a league game they would prefer to achieve it by playing Cork and for that reason they hoped they would play. Other men in other counties, despite the rivalry are GAA men first and rivals second. I would bet any money that if you were in Nolan Park when the Dublin hurlers run onto the field to play Kilkenny that the Kilkenny supporters will give the Dub's a rousing welcome - because they will recognise how far they have come this year as well as Cody will recognise his opposite numbers achievement.  
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on April 08, 2009, 10:05:08 AM
At the end of the day there's enough information in the public domain for anyone to be able to offer an opinion on everything that has been going on in Cork. The fallout from the strike is a terrible shame but what is worse is people not even recogising it's there or adopting a couldn't care less attitude to it.
But then when people refuse to admit Donal og's performances to date and particularly against Kilkenny have been sub-standard then you have to wonder if being rational is beyond some people. Hope you get your questions answered Bud.
You're full of bullshit Dowling. I mean good God you try not to insult anyone, and debate rationally, you are one of the main ones who ignore the facts completley and turn to insults, ie the post above.

There's no where near enough information always half the story in the media but that's enough for you to make a judgement right. I mean you know nothing about the mother then what the media says, and you think that's enough for you to criticize and bitch and moan about them. I'm saying that you haven't seen Donal Og enough to judge him, especially on his preformance this season, what was wrong with the game on Saturday, you probably never even saw the game, or any of his games again Cloyne. Is it fair to call him a sub-standard keeper when he's played very well for his club and when he made several excellent saves against Kilkenny, it's clear, very clear that you do not like him because you are trying to put him down unfairly, now I have said several times that another keeper should be given a go, but does that mean because of your clear bias you get to judge a keeper you've seen play well once this season?
Wow go you.
The clear reason why Bud is making those coments is not because what kind of person you are but because he's trying to put me down, I mean really, can you say naive.

Bud Wiser

From passedit
QuoteHave you ever posted on any other topic on this board?

And your reply to another post?
QuoteAs I told your mate Dowling before, I have a life and feel no need to justify where or when I post.

Reillers must have no life in that case, this thread has become a 24hr a day obsession to him in his stubborn belief that Cork are all things great, we are all stupid, hyprocrites, hateful (if I had a euro for every time he has mentioned the word hate I would be a happy man) and Mr Reillers or Allen or whoever he is has to be reminded that this is firstly a discussion board, it was there before he arrived and like the Cork hurlers, it will be there after he is gone.  You do not win an argument by saying we are all stupid and we do not know a thing about Cork hurling, only he and those who live up the players arses know about Cork hurling and therefore there is no point in discussing this thread any further as far as I can see.

dowling

From passedit

As I told your mate Dowling before, I have a life and feel no need to justify where or when I post.

Jesus Bud that made me laugh and I'm sure made passedit turn a little red.

passedit

Quote from: dowling on April 08, 2009, 11:08:57 AM
From passedit

As I told your mate Dowling before, I have a life and feel no need to justify where or when I post.

Jesus Bud that made me laugh and I'm sure made passedit turn a little red.

Context is everything ain't it pottymouth. ;)
Don't Panic