McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realrebel

was talking to geralds family yesterday and they say the gardai have arrested a man over the death threats
and he confessed to it too

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on April 07, 2009, 06:21:14 PM
What you fail to grasp Reillers is that while some of the strikers may not be personally known to all posters on this site and GAA people generally we all know what they're like. Plenty of clubs have one or two similar players, and county panels also. Players who think they know everything and have their own ideas about where they want to be and don't mind others receiving a bit of abuse if it helps them get there.
But even at that we've seen and listened to these strikers for two years now so we can all make a fairly decent judgement going on what they've said and done.
You say we don't know them, well we do. But on a personal level most of us wouldn't want to know them now.
As for the attitude towards Cork, I wouldn't think anyone has bad feeling towards the county but rather the strikers but unfortunately the innocent will get caught up. But the feelings towards the strikers is definitely much different to normal county rivalary and don't kid yourself it's the same. And if you think that's fine more the fool you.
You and others reillers are going through too much denial, just as you can't recognise the first change on the Cork hurling team has to be in goals.

You don't know what they are like, the clubs, the ONLY people in Cork who matter when it comes to an opinion on the players are the clubs, the clubs gave them a standing ovation, and then fully backed them, it was the night democracy won in Cork GAA, the first in a very long time The players expected to get a hostile response. There was fury and anger and what can only be described as pure hate from the chairmen, but ALL of it was directed at the CCB, fury at the delegates..etc. But NOT ONE club backed the CCB. Not even the apparent board and McCarthy supporters, not one voted against the players. That means everything. The clubs more then anything have experienced first hand the CCB's "first hand work."

You are really stretching the line if you think that you know, like this is complete bullshit, you just proved from your post that you don't know.
They "don't mind others receiving a bit of abuse if it helps them get there." Of course they do, you really have a bad sense of judgement. You can make a judgement on what's going on, what you mean is you can basically guess.

You are making presumptions based on a few media articles, I mean you don't know them but because of what the media says you think you are in a position to look down at them and to judge them.
You couldn't meet more genuine hard working lads and EVERYONE who has worked with them with the exception of Gerald and one or two of mates, has had nothing but good things to say about them, that includes everyone in the backroom staff and the likes of Allen and Donal O Grady who for me are excellent judges of characters.
Everyone but Gerald has nothing, NOTHING but positive things to say about them, and the clubs backed them fully, they stood and applauded for several minutes when they entered the room. No one made them do that, no one made O Grady or Allen..etc back them. On all of those mens judge of characters, even if you've never met any of the players before in your life, well I'd take the likes of O Grady and Cunningham's word, people who have had worked with these lads over the years, over any journo looking for a juicy headline or story.

I genuinely don't care how much some D4 Gaa man things about Cork hurling, I honestly couldn't care less and I doubt you'd find many in Cork who cares that much, and I know that the players genuinely don't care either, they stood up for what they believe in and the important people, the people who understood the situation the clubs..etc, the people who mattered backed them, and I've no doubt they'll use the other fans hate as a fuel this season, it could ironically be what drives them on.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on April 07, 2009, 06:53:33 PM
was talking to geralds family yesterday and they say the gardai have arrested a man over the death threats
and he confessed to it too

Surprised they caught someone, good that they did though.

theskull1

Well thats great news and a great relief I'm sure for Ger and his family. I take it the boy could not be a member of the GAA. Or even the GPA for that matter  ;) (I'm joking ....I'm joking)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

anglocelt39

I'd be well acquainted with a few Kilkenny Hurling Heads myself Reillers, even a few that were at the (mis)match on Sunday. Their main regret was that Sean Og and Gardner weren't available for selection.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

realrebel

why are you surprised reillers
is it because you didnt believe the story in the first place?
they traced the call that how they tracked him down

dowling

Reillers I don't like to lower myself to your level but you've been spouting that shite for god knows how many pages now. And we could go back into the figures at meetings, who was represented and what resolution was sought. But to be honest I'm fed up with your mantra, nobody knows etc, etc and it's the media's fault. We all know plenty and we all know there would be long lasting consequences to benefit no one.
And my last post wasn't even about the going ons in Cork but rather outside Cork so if you're going to give your apologetic dribble on behalf of the 2008 panel at least get the context of the post right.
Everyone but you and the 2008 panel know that normality in Cork is a long way off and the 2008 panel will have to go a long way to find goodwill outside Cork.
And you still wont admit Donal og is now a weak link. I'd say for the good of Cork hurling he has to go, purely on performances.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on April 07, 2009, 07:40:47 PM
why are you surprised reillers
is it because you didnt believe the story in the first place?
they traced the call that how they tracked him down
No just a genuine surprise that they actually managed to catch someone.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on April 07, 2009, 08:04:47 PM
Reillers I don't like to lower myself to your level but you've been spouting that shite for god knows how many pages now. And we could go back into the figures at meetings, who was represented and what resolution was sought. But to be honest I'm fed up with your mantra, nobody knows etc, etc and it's the media's fault. We all know plenty and we all know there would be long lasting consequences to benefit no one.
And my last post wasn't even about the going ons in Cork but rather outside Cork so if you're going to give your apologetic dribble on behalf of the 2008 panel at least get the context of the post right.
Everyone but you and the 2008 panel know that normality in Cork is a long way off and the 2008 panel will have to go a long way to find goodwill outside Cork.
And you still wont admit Donal og is now a weak link. I'd say for the good of Cork hurling he has to go, purely on performances.
Who the hell do you think you are. OH sorry obviously someone who judges themselves to have a more important opinion then lets say the clubs, who gave like I said a standing ovation for several minutes, to the players both when they entered and left, and people like O Grady and Allen and co who have had NOTHING but good things to ever say about the players. Now what of that is shite exactly? Do you think you know better then lets say the people involved? DO you think you are in a better position to judge the players then the clubs and the ex managers and backroom teams and ex players?
It's clear from your reaction, targetting me instrad of answering a question which cleary you can't, it's the childish thing and the obvious thing to do, predictable at this stage from people who strugle to deal with the actual facts instead of their media exageration. I know full well that they are probably the most disliked team in the country, I've said that, and I've also said that I "couldn't give a monkies."Clearly you didn't read that eitherl. I also said that Donal Og made some excellent saves for the Kilkenny game, but I have said that I think a different keeper a go. So what's your point. Why should I "admit" anything that is purely based on opinion?
You've got some cheek. I'd make more comments about your  little knowledge of hurling and how you've not been able to see Donal Og at club level and such but I wouldn't want to "lower myself" to your level now would I.

anglocelt39

So Reillers you've finally copped on to the fact that the cork hurlers wouldn't be the most popular team in the country at the moment, you might be a bit of a slow learner but there is clearly hope for you, good.

Now all that's needed is a couple more honest to god flakings (not on the scale of last weekends humiliation mind), hopefully a few down there in the second city and we will see how the level of "standing ovation" within the rebel county stands up then. We can but hope.

Reillers

Quote from: anglocelt39 on April 07, 2009, 08:47:26 PM
So Reillers you've finally copped on to the fact that the cork hurlers wouldn't be the most popular team in the country at the moment, you might be a bit of a slow learner but there is clearly hope for you, good.

Now all that's needed is a couple more honest to god flakings (not on the scale of last weekends humiliation mind), hopefully a few down there in the second city and we will see how the level of "standing ovation" within the rebel county stands up then. We can but hope.

Maybe you'd want to open a book or two because you're not to sharp yourself because I NEVER SAID THEY WERE. I said that I know that they are hated, I said before that they were always hated and I was told I was wrong, I said they were hated but I couldn't care less. Somehow you've come up with something else entirely even though I've said nothing of the sorts.

imtommygunn

To be fair Reillers they weren't always hated. Donal Og has always been but not the rest.

For a man who couldn't care less you spend a lot of time arguing their case. I think you're trying to convince yourself you couldn't care less.

Reillers

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2009, 09:19:51 PM
To be fair Reillers they weren't always hated. Donal Og has always been but not the rest.

For a man who couldn't care less you spend a lot of time arguing their case. I think you're trying to convince yourself you couldn't care less.

I couldn't care less what they think of the team but it's childish obnoxious comments from Dowling that annoy me.

anglocelt39

I NEVER SAID THEY WERE

You never said they were what exactly.................................Take a deep breath Reillers, finish your sentences so that we can try to deconstruct your latest argument. For a lad who is at pains to tell the world he doesn't give a toss what anybody on this national GAA discussion board thinks of either (a) your opinions (b) Cork's place in the GAA (c) the 2008 work to rule merchants you don't exactly exude an air of devil may care nonchalance in your postings. I'm totally relaxed about this, raged Reillers.

Bud Wiser

QuoteI met Kilkenny lads on the weekend who were sympathetic, as have I met Limerick fans who felt just the same.

If you had to be taken away in an ambulance like Cha Fitzpatrick at the final whistle of last years Semi-Final after the Tom Kenny stroke you wouldn't be too sympathetic.  I'd say what happened was that the few Kilkenny lads you met must have forgot about that but the team didn't and I wonder did Cody remind them before they went out that it was payback time?.  In fairness Cork did not resort to that level on Sunday.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"