McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on April 07, 2009, 10:37:44 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 06, 2009, 05:57:30 PM
Like it or not boys. The rest of Ireland hold the 08 panel in total contempt. We can argue all day about the rights and wrongs of it but that is a fact. Everyone I spoke to about the game yesterday and today was over the moon with yesterdays result. We don't want such behaviour to thrive and succeed you see. They have lost all credibilty in the rest of ireland and regardless of what the achieve in the future (as I'm sure they'll thrive on the negativity and the opertunity to narrate their harrowing stories down the line...so I would right youse off yet) they will be worthless acheivements as far as almost every gael is concerned.

I am fully aware that you don't give a fcuk what the rest of us think but there you go anyway.

Absolute nonsense. Never seen as many cork hurling fans come out of the woodwork as i have in the last few months to support the cork hurlers

I haven't met anyone who has any sympathy or love for them. Thats includes lots of players, officials and good GAA people.

The GAA

INDIANA

You must live in Cloyne GAA. Because I would meet people regularly from other clubs in Dublin and I can't find anyone who has anything good to say about them. The biggest cheer in county grounds at the weekend was the halftime score from Nowlan Park. Sad situation for Cork hurling.But they brought it on themselves.

Anyway Reillers what do you think of those two posts from Cork fans that I put up above. Do they not have a point?

bingobus

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 07, 2009, 12:21:52 PM
You must live in Cloyne GAA. Because I would meet people regularly from other clubs in Dublin and I can't find anyone who has anything good to say about them. The biggest cheer in county grounds at the weekend was the halftime score from Nowlan Park. Sad situation for Cork hurling.But they brought it on themselves.

Anyway Reillers what do you think of those two posts from Cork fans that I put up above. Do they not have a point?

You can't find sympathy for Cork hurlers in Dublin..wow so so surprising, you obviously spent 5 years under a rock in Cork because Cork people tend to dislike Dublin and the feeling is usually fully felt back.
I agree the CCB brought it upon themselves. They knew what would happen when they made their decision and here we are a few months later and their wishes came true, to an extent anyway.

And I believe that they do have a point, I never said they didn't. I didn't know you'd an account of RebelGaa.

theskull1

Quote from: The GAA on April 07, 2009, 10:37:44 AM
Absolute nonsense. Never seen as many cork hurling fans come out of the woodwork as i have in the last few months to support the cork hurlers

You must live in a parallel universe then GAA if you are talking about people who live outside of Cork.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

dowling

Have to agree with you there skull. Even Donal og and his boys would probably agree there's a lot to fix as a result of the strike.

Quote from: rrhf on April 07, 2009, 08:15:33 AM
I remember when Donal Og used to save them too.  To keep that man in the team suggests that theres other factors at work because intercounty standard he aint.   

Thank you rrhf. I couldn't see any other county manager keeping Donal og in goals and maybe the strength of the backs were masking his decline over the last couple of years.
It was asked on here before now if there would be difficulty for any manager dropping Donal og and you would have to wonder if the present manager now faces a difficulty.
And it's a bit ironic that a man not up to the mark was accusing the manager of not being good enough. Maybe the accusations of self-preservation weren't that daft after all.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 07, 2009, 12:47:34 PM

Cork people tend to HATE Dublin and the feeling is usually fully felt back.

How old are you Reillers?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 07, 2009, 03:42:51 PM

No doubt older then you Heffo, hate is too hard of word but when it comes to GAA we tend to enjoy seeing them loose, probably as much as they enjoy seeing us loose, so am I surprised that he can't find someone in Dublin GAA who is not sympathetic towards Cork, no. Not at all. If you can't understand that then well I'm not sure you know as much about GAA as you try to let on.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 07, 2009, 04:31:23 PM

No doubt older then you Heffo, hate is too hard of word but when it comes to GAA we tend to enjoy seeing them loose, probably as much as they enjoy seeing us loose, so am I surprised that he can't find someone in Dublin GAA who is not sympathetic towards Cork, no. Not at all. If you can't understand that then well I'm not sure you know as much about GAA as you try to let on.

Do you want to revisit your post above so??

I travel a lot with my job and I've yet to meet a single person outside of Cork who supports the 2008 panel..

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 07, 2009, 04:57:59 PM

I travel a lot with my job and I've yet to meet a single person outside of Cork who supports the 2008 panel..
Obviously not looking very hard, because I've met lads who came down from the North for the march, I met Kilkenny lads on the weekend who were sympathetic, as have I met Limerick fans who felt just the same.

You (not you people ye in general) can't make the statement that no one outside Cork has sympathy towards the players, because it's not true, nor is it possible that you have met everyone outside Cork. In fact everyone who I have met who knows and understand the players, people who are willing to give them the time of day and not make presumptions, some very genuine GAA supporters, are very sympathetic towards them.

It is the people who don't fully understand the situation and make presumptions and judgements based on very little information, which I understand because they are not in Cork, how could they know, who are the people who have no sympathy.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 07, 2009, 05:51:20 PM

I met Kilkenny lads on the weekend who were sympathetic

After beating Donal and his gang of assorted strikers by 28 points they'd want to be in fairness..

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 07, 2009, 05:55:53 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 07, 2009, 05:51:20 PM

I met Kilkenny lads on the weekend who were sympathetic

After beating Donal and his gang of assorted strikers by 28 points they'd want to be in fairness..
It was actually before the game Heffo.
Some genuine fans, there are a few arrogant asses all right, but like I said, people who understand the position fully are the ones who'll give them time and sympathy.

INDIANA

Jaysus Reillers every kilkenny man I spoke to wanted to do a number on you. Check out a hurling website site like kilkenny cats Reillers. that'll tell you in great detail what kilkenny people think of the 2008 panel. they can't satnd the sight of you reillers. The only county they dislike more is tipp.

dowling

What you fail to grasp Reillers is that while some of the strikers may not be personally known to all posters on this site and GAA people generally we all know what they're like. Plenty of clubs have one or two similar players, and county panels also. Players who think they know everything and have their own ideas about where they want to be and don't mind others receiving a bit of abuse if it helps them get there.
But even at that we've seen and listened to these strikers for two years now so we can all make a fairly decent judgement going on what they've said and done.
You say we don't know them, well we do. But on a personal level most of us wouldn't want to know them now.
As for the attitude towards Cork, I wouldn't think anyone has bad feeling towards the county but rather the strikers but unfortunately the innocent will get caught up. But the feelings towards the strikers is definitely much different to normal county rivalary and don't kid yourself it's the same. And if you think that's fine more the fool you.
You and others reillers are going through too much denial, just as you can't recognise the first change on the Cork hurling team has to be in goals.