McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligeach

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 06, 2009, 03:34:08 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 06, 2009, 03:09:58 PM
John Gardiner has all the PR skills of a rhino stuck in a locked telephone box. He should simply not be let near a microphone. You'd question where these guys heads are at with a statement like that because you can damn sure what was pinned to the dressing room walls in the cats dressing room yesterday. i simply could not believe the level of stupidity involved to come out with a statement like that. Is it any wonder the country hates the sight of these guys.

Has anyone actually got, word for word, what the statement is. Ye've been listening too much to Keher.

When Keher starts stealing money (through personal sponsorship deals) from the pockets of his inter-county colleagues then I'll hold him in the same contempt of the other gougers - until then I'll afford him the respect his legendary status befits..

longrunsthefox

They had this coming to them big time- delighted. Did they hold a press conference after?  ::)

Reillers

So Heffo that gives him the right to say something that the players never said.

And good to see you've no respect. I guess you feel that way about I'd say at this stage nearly the entire Kilkenny team, Joe Canning, there's a whole article on him being over in London with the likes of Cipriani and a load of British Olympic medal winners. I presume you have equal hate for all of them, (that's not even mentioning half the Dublin, Kerry, Tyrone football teams..etc and the likes of Tipp and Waterford as well..etc) who ALL have sponsorships.

I presume they are all stealing money right? None of them are legends right? Canning can just rott in hell right?

And we can all say whatever we want about them and misquote them all day long and that wont bother you because they ALL deserve no respect because they are stealing money from well all their other IC colleagues.
Right??

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 06, 2009, 04:11:19 PM
And good to see you've no respect. I guess you feel that way about I'd say at this stage nearly the entire Kilkenny team, Joe Canning

I'm on the record on this thread on numerous occasions posting that I've no issue with any IC player earning money on the side through sponsorship or personal appearances.

I'm also on the record posting my contempt for those members of the Cork team who caused the cancellation of the CCB sponsorship (money which was used to offset the not inconsiderable expense in pampering Donal Og etc and also used to offset the cost of all IC Cork teams and codes)

Thats the difference.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 06, 2009, 04:18:54 PM
And good to see you've no respect. I guess you feel that way about I'd say at this stage nearly the entire Kilkenny team, Joe Canning

I'm on the record on this thread on numerous occasions posting that I've no issue with any IC player earning money on the side through sponsorship or personal appearances.

I'm also on the record posting my contempt for those members of the Cork team who caused the cancellation of the CCB sponsorship (money which was used to offset the not inconsiderable expense in pampering Donal Og etc and also used to offset the cost of all IC Cork teams and codes)

Thats the difference.

Oh of course there's a difference. For everyone else it's A-okay.  ::) ::) Forgot.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 06, 2009, 04:25:53 PM

Thats the difference.

Oh of course there's a difference. For everyone else it's A-okay.  ::) ::) Forgot.

Everyone elses deals doesnt take money from others pockets
It doesnt cause the cancellation of deals worth hundreds of thousands of euro
Other teams goalies dont throw crates of county board supplied drinks over the terrace during a championship game
Other teams don't threaten to walk off/strike during an AI final if the county board produces any of it's official drinks during the AI final

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 06, 2009, 04:29:41 PM

Thats the difference.

Other teams goalies dont throw crates of county board supplied drinks over the terrace during a championship game
Other teams don't threaten to walk off/strike during an AI final if the county board produces any of it's official drinks during the AI final

So the rest can go all pro GPA and all pro and you wouldn't have a problem but only Cork, always an excuse. And the GPA players don't get that money and you'd know that if you stoped exagerating facts. The money doesn't go to their pockets.

The CCB knew exactly where the players stood on it but of course they pushed.
And I can't say that if anyone in Cork anyone in the clubs who get all that financial help and support from the great CCB, if they'd a chance to get one over on the CCB that they wouldn't take it.

Like I said maybe the CCB can give some of the money they get from gates or I don't know maybe the tens of thousands they are spending on the sunny holiday they're sending the McCarthy team on on well anything in Cork, there are several things that need it desperately. Maybe then they can preach.

And you've no proof of any of that, any of the throwing of the drinks..etc oh forgot, there's none needed because they don't deserve respect from anyone so we can all make up lies and stories and exagerate facts for no other reason because we feel like it.
Because they don't earn respect of anyone at all.

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on April 06, 2009, 04:59:11 PM

Thats the difference.

So the rest can go all pro GPA and all pro and you wouldn't have a problem but only Cork, always an excuse. And the GPA players don't get that money and you'd know that if you stoped exagerating facts. The money doesn't go to their pockets.

And I can't say that if anyone in Cork anyone in the clubs who get all that financial help and support from the great CCB, if they'd a chance to get one over on the CCB that they wouldn't take it.

Like I said maybe the CCB can give some of the money they get from gates or I don't know maybe the tens of thousands they are spending on the sunny holiday they're sending the McCarthy team on on well anything in Cork, there are several things that need it desperately. Maybe then they can preach.

And you've no proof of any of that, any of the throwing of the drinks..etc oh forgot, there's none needed because they don't deserve respect from anyone so we can all make up lies and stories and exagerate facts for no other reason because we feel like it.

That was widely reported at the time in the printed press.

Its getting beyond a joke with you at this stage, every "debate" with you ends up with you using the same lines - no respect for players, no proof, everything is taken as been made up by the posters, CCB fault, etc etc.

Has it not registered with you that the vast majority of the wider GAA community can see what happened in Cork with the players and have absolutely no love, respect, interest or sympathy for the Cork players?

I find hard to believe that you're even an adult to be honest. I had to read part of that last post several times to try and figure out what you are trying to say.

passedit

Quote from: heffo on April 06, 2009, 03:48:06 PM
John Gardiner has all the PR skills of a rhino stuck in a locked telephone box. He should simply not be let near a microphone. You'd question where these guys heads are at with a statement like that because you can damn sure what was pinned to the dressing room walls in the cats dressing room yesterday. i simply could not believe the level of stupidity involved to come out with a statement like that. Is it any wonder the country hates the sight of these guys.

Has anyone actually got, word for word, what the statement is. Ye've been listening too much to Keher.

When Keher starts stealing money (through personal sponsorship deals) from the pockets of his inter-county colleagues then I'll hold him in the same contempt of the other gougers - until then I'll afford him the respect his legendary status befits..

The sponsorship issue has been well rehearsed, not least on this board.

However, if you called me a thief i'd sue you and this board for publishing the libel. that's just me though, I'm sure these lads have put up with much worse.
Don't Panic

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on April 06, 2009, 05:10:54 PM

Thats the difference.

Its getting beyond a joke with you at this stage, every "debate" with you ends up with you using the same lines - no respect for players, no proof, everything is taken as been made up by the posters, CCB fault, etc etc.

Has it not registered with you that the vast majority of the wider GAA community can see what happened in Cork with the players and have absolutely no love, respect, interest or sympathy for the Cork players?

I find hard to believe that you're even an adult to be honest. I had to read part of that last post several times to try and figure out what you are trying to say.

Oh of course so that means it's true. Naive or what. Same way the Cork players actually said that they thought they'd win more AI's if McCarthy wasn't the manager, that was widely reported but shock horror that's not actually what was said. And unless you've some sort of facts to back them up then forgive me.
When you show that you know how to show any sort of respect to anyone then I might listen to you. I couldn't give a monkies what you think of the players or what anyone else in any other county thinks.

heffo

Quote from: passedit on April 06, 2009, 05:19:50 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 06, 2009, 03:48:06 PM

The sponsorship issue has been well rehearsed, not least on this board.

However, if you called me a thief i'd sue you and this board for publishing the libel. that's just me though, I'm sure these lads have put up with much worse.

I love the way you swoop in out - never dealing in specifics and always as vague as your buddy Reillers.

I'm sure some members of the strikers have more than enough money to sue anyone they like for libel - I'll stand over every word I've said

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on April 06, 2009, 05:20:56 PM
Quote from: bingobus on April 06, 2009, 05:10:54 PM

And as you have often said, that story is well reported, do your own bloodly search for it.

Thats the difference.

Oh of course so that means it's true. Naive or what. Same way the Cork players actually said that they thought they'd win more AI's if McCarthy wasn't the manager, that was widely reported but shock horror that's not actually what was said. And unless you've some sort of facts to back them up then forgive me.
When you show that you know how to show any sort of respect to anyone then I might listen to you. I couldn't give a monkies what you think of the players or what anyone else in any other county thinks.

Well you are sure wasting a hell of a lot of time on here defending them  ;D  ;D

theskull1

Like it or not boys. The rest of Ireland hold the 08 panel in total contempt. We can argue all day about the rights and wrongs of it but that is a fact. Everyone I spoke to about the game yesterday and today was over the moon with yesterdays result. We don't want such behaviour to thrive and succeed you see. They have lost all credibilty in the rest of ireland and regardless of what the achieve in the future (as I'm sure they'll thrive on the negativity and the opertunity to narrate their harrowing stories down the line...so I would right youse off yet) they will be worthless acheivements as far as almost every gael is concerned.

I am fully aware that you don't give a fcuk what the rest of us think but there you go anyway.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Then I why post it, I'll tell you why, it's the same reason you come on here all the time, it's the same reason why you refuse to discuss any thing positive about the hurlers, and you've well pretty much addmited it right there, you just come on solely to bitch and whinge about them.
So why did you post it, to try to attempt to get on my nerves or was it for venting and moaning, which one?