McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

The only constant here is FM and even though the 2008 panel vowed to get rid of him, he's still there. By the way I don't accept at all that FM wants Cork to lose or to hold back underage players.

One thing that I don't think too many have mentioned is that hurling in Cork city is at an all time low and that there will be as many Munster rugby jerseys to be seen as Cork jerseys.

All you need to do is look at some people's avatars to show where their real loyalties lie !!!!!

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 06:34:40 PM
I said we've great replacements, you're lucky to find a Ben/Jerry O Connor or all the lads above once in a decade. I think we've got excellent lads there with tremendous potential. None of which you've seen.

How many minor and u21 all-irelands have these guys won?
How many times have they beaten Kilkenny at championship hurling at any grade since u14?
Some of them couldn't beat Clare at u21 last year
How many years have some of them been on the Cork panel- and yet to play any significant role in the championship?

These according to yourself are going to seamlessly replace All-stars? You're not being fair to them Reillers. Of those 6/7 players - no more than 2 will ever be regulars for Cork at championship hurling. Cadogan and O Sulivan.

And by the way I said Cadogan was good not average- why don't you read things.

What the hell I just replied to this post. 
I've repeated my answer to this 100 times (and I went into detail about the Clare game.) You're just wasting my time at this stage.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 07:20:47 PM
The only constant here is FM and even though the 2008 panel vowed to get rid of him, he's still there. By the way I don't accept at all that FM wants Cork to lose or to hold back underage players.

One thing that I don't think too many have mentioned is that hurling in Cork city is at an all time low and that there will be as many Munster rugby jerseys to be seen as Cork jerseys.

All you need to do is look at some people's avatars to show where their real loyalties lie !!!!!

My family have been involed with rugby for many years, a very long loyalty for the club and had underage players play with Munster so don't even bother questioning me on that. Rugby and GAA have been in my families blood for years. Not like I need to explain myself to someone like you.
And OM I'd start on about FM again but I don't have the energy and you don't listen. All he wants is money and power. That is all at this stage.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 07:27:46 PM

My family have been involed with rugby for many years, a very long loyalty for the club and had underage players play with Munster so don't even bother questioning me on that. Rugby and GAA have been in my families blood for years. Not like I need to explain myself to someone like you.
And OM I'd start on about FM again but I don't have the energy and you don't listen. All he wants is money and power. That is all at this stage.

He's not on his own !  ;)

heffo

My family have been involed with rugby for many years, a very long loyalty for the club

I thought Bishopstown GAA club was founded around 1960 - It's not all that long..

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 07:24:36 PM
I said we've great replacements, you're lucky to find a Ben/Jerry O Connor or all the lads above once in a decade. I think we've got excellent lads there with tremendous potential. None of which you've seen.

How many times have they beaten Kilkenny at championship hurling at any grade since u14?
How many years have some of them been on the Cork panel- and yet to play any significant role in the championship?

These according to yourself are going to seamlessly replace All-stars? You're not being fair to them Reillers. Of those 6/7 players - no more than 2 will ever be regulars for Cork at championship hurling. Cadogan and O Sulivan.

I've repeated my answer to this 100 times (and I went into detail about the Clare game.) You're just wasting my time at this stage.

Wasting your time- what arrogance.
The reality is Reillers you're more of a rugby fan than a Gaa fan when the truth be told.

heffo

Genuine question Reillers - why don't you get your club delegate (CCC1 or 2 not the other fella we won't mention) to nominate you for one of the CCC1 or CCC2 executive positions in Cork - that way you can effect change from within?

With regard to FM not caring about Juvenile structures, surely it's Coiste Na Nog in Cork you should be directing your anger at and not FM? if FM is so apapthetic towards Juvenile structures then he can't be accused of meddling?? If indeed this is the case and that there are ineffective CCC1 or CCC2 officers not working in the best interests of Corks clubs, then all the more reason for someone as passionate as yourself to get involved??

Finally, you don't have to agree with Indiana's assesment of the Cork underage setup or lads who haven't won AI's at underage level who you expect to replace senior AI winners, but as he is someone who has expertise at juvenile level from being involved in development squads who have produced players capable of competing with the best in the country (at underage) - if I were you, I'd be picking his brains and getting some tips not insulting him..

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 07:51:13 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 07:24:36 PM

Wasting your time- what arrogance.
The reality is Reillers you're more of a rugby fan than a Gaa fan when the truth be told.
You posted that post 5 seconds before hand and you want me the answer it again.
You know absolutely nothing about me Indy so don't even bother trying to talk me down. GAA is, hurling especially is and always has been first, true, love. Just because I don't agree with your opinion you've the arrogance to say that I don't care about it. What gives you the right.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 07:33:07 PM

My family have been involed with rugby for many years, a very long loyalty for the club

I thought Bishopstown GAA club was founded around 1960 - It's not all that long..

I don't know where that has come from Heffo and actually never once did I ever say that was my club. But I'm not getting into that again.

INDIANA

Its difficult for me to take you seriously when your avatar is a picture of the munster rugby team. If Gaa was your first love- that wouldn't be the case now would it.

Talk you down? pot , kettle - ring a bell?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 08:17:11 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 07:33:07 PM

I don't know where that has come from Heffo and actually never once did I ever say that was my club. But I'm not getting into that again.

Apologies - I misread your post - you meant your family had a long history with a Rugby club in Cork.

orangeman

Just because I don't agree with your opinion you've the arrogance to say that I don't care about it have a clue - what gives you the right ?

orangeman

FORMER Cork boss Gerald McCarthy has maintained that a training camp next week in Spain's La Manga resort for the '2009 hurling panel' is not a reward for their efforts this spring and was always going to take place with a view to the long-term development of Cork hurling.

Despite McCarthy's acrimonious resignation as Cork manager last month and the bitter six-month dispute that raged since last October, a 35-man party lead by McCarthy will fly out from Dublin on Monday bound for a six-day training camp in La Manga.

The group will be comprised of 25 players who featured for Cork in the Waterford Crystal Cup and the opening three rounds of the NHL this year, and a 10-man management team.

McCarthy has rejected any suggestions that the training camp is a thank you to those who made themselves available to play for the county at the height of the dispute.

"This is not a reward for people who were involved earlier in the year," said McCarthy. "It was booked and was in place earlier in the season during the league when things were still ongoing. At that stage it was something to plan for and was viewed as important before the championship started. We were always going to follow through on the training camp in La Manga."

A number of players are unavailable for the trip, including Sarsfields duo Conor O'Sullivan and Tadgh Óg Murphy, who are unavailable due to exam commitments.

Yet McCarthy maintains he is still looking forward to the training camp and that it can be vital to the future development of these players.

"It will be a proper training camp. Last year we had a fantastic week in La Manga and we're looking forward to a repeat of that. It's a great chance for the players to be exposed to some top-class facilities. There are some players unavailable but we still have a large party travelling and our ambition is that the players will come back stronger, fitter and better hurlers. I think it'll be very good for the future long-term development of Cork hurling."

Meanwhile incoming GAA President Christy Cooney has praised the appointment of Denis Walsh as the new Cork hurling boss before his first game in charge against Kilkenny on Sunday.

"Of course I'm pleased. I think Denis Walsh will do an outstanding job, I know Denis a long time. He's a fine personality and I think he'll have a great relationship with the players and equally with the county board. I'm delighted to see that Cork are back playing what they should be doing, playing hurling and football on the fields. That's the most important thing."

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 08:03:21 PM
Genuine question Reillers - why don't you get your club delegate (CCC1 or 2 not the other fella we won't mention) to nominate you for one of the CCC1 or CCC2 executive positions in Cork - that way you can effect change from within?

With regard to FM not caring about Juvenile structures, surely it's Coiste Na Nog in Cork you should be directing your anger at and not FM? if FM is so apapthetic towards Juvenile structures then he can't be accused of meddling?? If indeed this is the case and that there are ineffective CCC1 or CCC2 officers not working in the best interests of Corks clubs, then all the more reason for someone as passionate as yourself to get involved??

Finally, you don't have to agree with Indiana's assesment of the Cork underage setup or lads who haven't won AI's at underage level who you expect to replace senior AI winners, but as he is someone who has expertise at juvenile level from being involved in development squads who have produced players capable of competing with the best in the country (at underage) - if I were you, I'd be picking his brains and getting some tips not insulting him..

Nominate me, please. The delegates in my club are cemented in stone. And besides that, the fact that I've to say this means it's pointless in me saying this because you don't understand and you wouldn't be asking if you did.
Delegates are nothing put puppets at Cb level. They don't have an opinion. They don't get a say. They might as well not be there at all. There are no structures in Cork for underage levels at all and the CB will do nothing about it. The same way they wont do anything about the state of our home ground which is supposed to be our pride and joy of a ground. The facilities in clubs, the money clubs get, the grants, the fixtures of clubs..etc. all of which are ridiculous but none of which FM and co will do anything about.

I wouldn't mind that, but I am not willing to listen to someone who's said he's seen these lads play once aganist a Dublin underage team and by that think he's the right to say they are all nothing but average and that I, after seeing them a hell lot more times then he has,  am wrong and his view, isn't an opinion, but fact and he's 100% right and he knows after seeing them play one time, that they'll all strugle and only one or two will make it.

I'm sorry but that's nothing but blatant arrogance, not even Cody is that good. He's absolutely no idea what my credentials are, but he's the arrogance to think after seeing some of these lads once that he knows better. And I've been involved with underage teams, that doesn't stop him from saying basically that my opinion after seeing them play loads of times, doesn't matter and is completley wrong and shows me zero respect, and insults me, he may not agree with my opinion on Gerald but he's basically saying that I know nothing about the players, I have been involved in hurling and underage teams, I've seen some of these lads go right up from U8s to senior IC teams, and I know the difference between a good player and one who is no more then average. An opinion that you form over watching them play and develop over years, not one bloody game against Dublin. That is an insult to me, my knowledge, and the players. IMO he's completely out of line. I wouldn't start telling him that all the Dublin players will never be more then an average team with less then average players because I've seen them the odd time playing. Because genuinely I wouldn't have seen them enough times to make that call. I wouldn't know. But he's basically doing that with Cork.

Because not even the likes of Cody can judge all those players from one game and then off that call them all average and say none will make it. It's not right and it's not fair and at the least it's incredibly insulting to these lads.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 08:19:14 PM
Its difficult for me to take you seriously when your avatar is a picture of the munster rugby team. If Gaa was your first love- that wouldn't be the case now would it.

Talk you down? pot , kettle - ring a bell?

Oh grow the hell up. I put that up months ago just after the match because I thought it meant more then just rugby that night. But you know nothing about me.
I mean what a childish post. Grow the hell up. You most have no interest in anything then, surely GAA isn't your first love because then there'd be a picture of it there.

I don't need to justify myself, especially to the likes of you. I can't believe that you actually just said that like.
The most childish, bitter, underhanded things I've read and that includes all of OM posts.