McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 11:54:30 AM
It would be a recievership they were basically meaning that they would run it and you know it, they were being told how to run it, how to do their jobs, along with a slap on the wrist by Croke Park.
So not going to get an apology no?

I'm waiting for an apology yes - go ahead.

You claimed:

"There are f**k all structures at underage level.
So much so that Croke Park, when they came in with the offer they made, wanted to take it over"

Reality:

"The process will include a comprehensive review of games development strategies within the county"

------------

Will you kindly explain to me at what point Croke park either on the record or off the record, in writing, hearsay or whispers told anyone in Cork or elsewhere that they were so dissapointed with the findings of a review that hadn't taken place and will not take place, that they wanted to take over those structures?

Reillers

It's the same thing, they will fully review everything, including the underage set up, the will review and then tell them how to run it, you wont even admit that. Unbelievable. They knew and it's a damning settlement offer, especially seeing as the CB agreed to it. They know full well how badly EVERYTHING in Cork GAA is run and made an offer to basically run it because it was so bad.
It's right in front of you just because it's not phrased how I said it, it's right in front of you and you're still denying it.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:02:09 PM
It's the same thing, they will fully review everything, including the underage set up, the will review and then tell them how to run it, you wont even admit that. Unbelievable.
It's right in front of you just because it's not phrased how I said it, it's right in front of you and you're still denying it.

No it's not - that was an offer made six weeks ago which the strikers turned down - no review of underage structures in Cork has or will take place by Croke park

Given that no review has or will take place by Croke park, this statement:

"Croke Park, when they came in with the offer they made, wanted to take it over"

Is 100% bullshit

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 12:05:33 PM
It's the same thing, they will fully review everything, including the underage set up, the will review and then tell them how to run it, you wont even admit that. Unbelievable.

No it's not - that was an offer made six weeks ago which the strikers turned down - no review of underage structures in Cork has or will take place by Croke park

Given that no review has or will take place Croke park, this statement:

"Croke Park, when they came in with the offer they made, wanted to take it over"

Is 100% bullshit

Yes they turned it down and I never said one it happened, I said that it was so bad that they offered to. Every GAA man worth their salts, especially Croke Park knows how much of a shambles that the CCB and everything they touch. How stupid and naive do you think Croke Park are, the fact that they were willing to step in and make the review which everyone knows would have made the CB look incredibly bad at their job, says it all. They wouldn't have wasted their time making the offer if they knew there wasn't something there. It doesn't take a genious to work out how badly things are run in Cork. Most GAA men with any knowledge of the GAA knows that, well most.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:08:26 PM

Is 100% bullshit

Yes they turned it down and I never said one it happened, I said that it was so bad that they offered to. Every GAA man worth their salts, especially Croke Park knows how much of a shambles that the CCB and everything they touch. How stupid and naive do you think Croke Park are, the fact that they were willing to step in and make the review which everyone knows would have made the CB look incredibly bad at their job, says it all.

No offer was made to take over the underage structures in Cork, by Croke park.

Thats fact coming from someone was sitting next to Paraic Duffy throughout all the meetings.

What you are posting is bullshit.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 12:14:05 PM

Is 100% bullshit

Yes they turned it down and I never said one it happened, I said that it was so bad that they offered to. Every GAA man worth their salts, especially Croke Park knows how much of a shambles that the CCB and everything they touch. How stupid and naive do you think Croke Park are, the fact that they were willing to step in and make the review which everyone knows would have made the CB look incredibly bad at their job, says it all.

Thats fact coming from someone was sitting next to Paraic Duffy throughout all the meetings.

IT was part of the offer read what's in front of you. First it wasn't made, then it was but because it wasn't followed through so it's bullshit, make up your mind what angle you are triyng to run with.
It is in this

A strategic plan for the promotion of Gaelic Games within Cork, in alignment with the National Strategic Vision and Action Plan, will be completed by October 2009 following a consultative process with all stakeholders in Cork GAA. The process will include a comprehensive review of:

- games development strategies within the county (this will include the results of the recently completed NCTC report);

Underage set up is very much included in this, this is what that is telling me. You saying oh well your source is saying it's wrong. Well that's like me saying that my source tells me differently. For all I know you or your source could be lying/wrong. I'm going with the facts that are right in front of me.
And you don't offer to fix something unless it's broken.

bingobus

If I'm allowed in, our club recentlt completed a 5 year startegy or development plan. I was involved.

The process included an entire review of all our structures and set up. This wasn't to say that it was ll bad or all good.

But it was to enable us to identify what was working and what wasn't working. Our final report recommend a pathway forward which including many of the existing structures in place and new ones that we felt would help the long term development of our club.

I am sure that this is what Croke meant, we engaged them in our plan for guidance.

If Croke park was going to put Cork in "receivership", I'm sure that they would have and not just put it in a press release. Receivership or such a threat to take over the running of a county is not something that would be taken lightly by Croke park.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:17:34 PM

Is 100% bullshit

IT was part of the offer read what's in front of you. First it wasn't made, then it was but because it wasn't followed through so it's bullshit, make up your mind what angle you are triyng to run with.
Ya well my source tells me differently.

It was never made - there was an offer made six weeks ago buried deep within all other concessions to review development strategy in Cork in line with the recent National coaching and training centre report - tell me where 'in front of me' was an offer made to 'take over underage structures'?

No offence to Langer on PROC, but I'll put more stock in my source.

heffo

Quote from: bingobus on April 03, 2009, 12:20:04 PM
If I'm allowed in, our club recentlt completed a 5 year startegy or development plan. I was involved.

The process included an entire review of all our structures and set up. This wasn't to say that it was ll bad or all good.

But it was to enable us to identify what was working and what wasn't working. Our final report recommend a pathway forward which including many of the existing structures in place and new ones that we felt would help the long term development of our club.

I am sure that this is what Croke meant, we engaged them in our plan for guidance.

If Croke park was going to put Cork in "receivership", I'm sure that they would have and not just put it in a press release. Receivership or such a threat to take over the running of a county is not something that would be taken lightly by Croke park.

Our learned friend Reillers seems to be struggling to understand the difference between an audit and a takeover. Bless him.

Reillers

It was an offer which the players turned down. Now with hindsight I wish they hadn't. Mate with all due respect everyone knows how badly the CCB work, everyone knows that there are zero structures at underage level and we all know what they would have found if they went looking.

They offered to do a review of it all to get the players back playing, doesn't that tell you something, it's not like a clbud turned around and said it's a a great time for a review. Croke Park were offering to do this because they knew just how badly Cork is run. They wouldn't have made that offer if everything was so great. They know the players have grievances with the running of the CCB and this was a way that they'd try and fix it. They were offering to fix it, and you don't offer to fix something unless it's broken. And the CCB is very much "broken."

Surely if anythings been made clear recently it's that.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:26:23 PM
They offered to do a review of it all to get the players back playing, doesn't that tell you something, it's not like a clbud turned around and said it's a a great time for a review. Croke Park were offering to do this because they knew just how badly Cork is run. They wouldn't have made that offer if everything was so great. They know the players have grievances with the running of the CCB and this was a way that they'd try and fix it. They were offering to fix it, and you don't offer to fix something unless it's broken. And the CCB is very much "broken."

So you now accept that an offer as part of a much broader package to appease strikers was made to carry out a review/audit and not a takeover?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 12:21:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:17:34 PM

Is 100% bullshit

Ya well my source tells me differently.

It was never made - there was an offer made six weeks ago buried deep within all other concessions to review development strategy in Cork in line with the recent National coaching and training centre report - tell me where 'in front of me' was an offer made to 'take over underage structures'?

No offence to Langer on PROC, but I'll put more stock in my source.

Burried deep, it was a review of many things including game development which very much includes the underage set up, it says it in black writting, now either you are struggling to read or the understand what it means. Right in front of you, FACT. For all I know you don't have a source, so I will go with the fact in front of me.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 12:28:33 PM

So you now accept that an offer as part of a much broader package to appease strikers was made to carry out a review/audit and not a takeover?

I said all along that it was part of an offer, EVERY GAA MAN who has even the slightest bit of knowledge knows exactly what Croke Park would have found. It was a review and they would then make "recommendations," which is a polite term for them telling the CCB how to do their job. Croke Park doesn't do an entire review of a county and make recomendations for the CB to tell them to f**k off in the end, it's politics and if you don't understand that Heffo then I'm wasting my time trying to explain it to you. And it wasn't just to please the players every Cork GAA member would  beg on their knees for it to happen. And that, the clubs view of how the CCB do their job has been made crystal clear of late.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:31:32 PM

I said all along that it was part of an offer, EVERY GAA MAN who has even the slightest bit of knowledge knows exactly what Croke Park would have found. It was a review and they would then make "recommendations," which is a polite term for them telling the CCB how to do their job. Croke Park doesn't do an entire review of a county and make recomendations for the CB to tell them to f**k off in the end, it's politics and if you don't understand that Heffo then I'm wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

Please stick to the facts and stop padding your posts with waffle.

Answer the question - did Croke park want to take over underage structures in Cork or offer to review all aspects of Cork GAA (including development strategy)?

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 12:34:22 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:31:32 PM

I said all along that it was part of an offer, EVERY GAA MAN who has even the slightest bit of knowledge knows exactly what Croke Park would have found. It was a review and they would then make "recommendations," which is a polite term for them telling the CCB how to do their job. Croke Park doesn't do an entire review of a county and make recomendations for the CB to tell them to f**k off in the end, it's politics and if you don't understand that Heffo then I'm wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

Please stick to the facts and stop padding your posts with waffle.

Answer the question - did Croke park want to take over underage structures in Cork or offer to review all aspects of Cork GAA (including development strategy)?

They never were - but Reillers is never going to admit to that - the propoganda war and the smokescreens are still going strong whilst FM is still in situ but all is well with the world, thank the Lord.