McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 01:09:05 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 12:53:29 AM
The Dublin u21 football team aren't a good side-you're spot on. Thats the difference between me and you- I'm objective- you're blinded by blind faith in a bygone era that will cease to exist soon. We've had  agood season in the NHL this year- but nothing that is going to threaten liam mc carthy anytime soon- objectivity reillers- look it up in the dictionary.

You have shown them no respect and you have shown me no respect

Like Sean Og said of the appointment of Gerald McCarthy - five time AI winner and member of Cork team of the millenium - 'Respect has to be earned'

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 10:17:18 AM
reillers do us all a favour and find another messageboard you can't debate anything it seems
It is not a crime to give my opinions on the merits of players over others
The fact remains cork haven't won a minor since 2001 and more importantly an u21 since 1998
Statistics don't lie but sure that was probably all geralds fault as well

Debate, please, you're not trying to debate. You are trying to tell me that I'm 100% wrong that all the boys at underage level are crap, basically no more then average, from apparently seeing them once against a so called underage Dublin team, (when, where, which of the players were involved..apparently all from the list I gave a while back which is impossible because they've never all played together) that you are better placed to make a decision on them then me, you wont look at the fact that I have given you just babble on. You are saying that I'm 100% wrong and that what you're saying is script, on the basis of seeing them play an entire one time. And surprise surprise you're childish enough not to answer my post. You are not giving an opinion I'd have no problem if you gave an opinion you are bullshitting your way across here and trying to pass it off as fact when it's 100% clear you haven't got a clue about senior never mind underage structures in Cork. You are insulting the players, apparently seeing them once is good enough to say they'll never win anything, and insulting me by saying that despite the fact that I've seen these boys play 100 times together is irrelevant and you know better from seeing them on a one off, something which you are not passing as an opinion but 100% rock solid fact.
You wont look at the facts I've given you or the statistics, no you don't answer any difficult question posed at you, no one on here does. Instead all you say is ramble, ramble, ramble..and it's the same from anyone else.

Heffo: Good one, telling me that I'm a liar despite the fact that what I put down was a direct quote from the Times about the settlement. But no because amazingly you contacted you source incredibly quick last night, obviously that Croke Park official isn't doing his job well. And why the hell should I give him respect he doesn't deserve it nor has he shown me any and he thinks so much of himself that he thinks he knows better then I do about how good these lads are from seeing them play once. There's no arguing with those type of people.
OM I've made it clear that I'm not responding to anymore of your posts because you more then anyone on here are a clown and shown that you know NOTHING about GAA yet you continue to post making a bigger joke of yourself every time and I'm now convinced that bingobus is your other account.
As per usual people on here will only look at one side of the debate and half the fact, not what I said because all ye want to do is attack me and Cork. Ye have moral issues about talking about what Cork team should start on here because it's off topic but when it comes to attack the Cork team or me ye've no problem doing it.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 11:26:12 AM
reillers do us all a favour and find another messageboard you can't debate anything it seems
The fact remains cork haven't won a minor since 2001 and more importantly an u21 since 1998

Heffo is telling me that I'm a liar despite the fact that what I put down was a direct quote from the Times about the settlement.
OM knows NOTHING about GAA yet continues to post making a bigger joke of himself every time and I'm now convinced that bingobus is OM's other account.

Will you post the source of your comment - I've called my source in Croke park who personally reviews any press releases and he is categorically denying that at any time did Croke Park 'want to take over the underage structures in Cork'

Please do not ignore this request for clarification

I did not call you a liar - I claimed what you posted was bullshi*

heffo

Heffo: GOod one, telling me that I'm a liar despite the fact that what I put down was a direct quote from the Times about the settlement. But no because amazingly you contacted his source incredibly quick last night, obviously that Croke Park official isn't doing his job well.

I told you no such thing. A close, personal friend of mine is a senior mgr in Croke park - I didn't wait for office hours..

bingobus

Debate, please, you're not trying to debate. You are trying to tell me that I'm 100% wrong that all the boys at underage level are crap, basically no more then average, from apparently seeing them once against a so called underage Dublin team, (when, where, which of the players were involved..apparently all from the list I gave a while back which is impossible because they've never all played together) that you are better placed to make a decision on them then me, you wont look at the fact that I have given you just babble on. You are saying that I'm 100% wrong and that what you're saying is script, on the basis of seeing them play an entire one time. ANd surprise surprise you're childish enough not to answer my post. You are not giving an opinion I'd have no problem if you gave an opinion you are bullshitting your way across here and trying to pass it off as fact when it's 100% clear you haven't got a clue about senior never mind underage structures in Cork. You are insulting the players, apparently seeing them once is good enough to say they'll never win anything, and insulting me by saying that despite the fact that I've seen these boys play 100 times together is irrelevant and you know better from seeing them on a one off, something which you are not passing as an opinion but 100% rock solid fact.
You wont look at the facts I've given you or the statistics, no you don't answer any difficult question posed at you, no one on here does. Instead all you say is ramble, ramble, ramble..and it's the same from anyone else.

Heffo: GOod one, telling me that I'm a liar despite the fact that what I put down was a direct quote from the Times about the settlement. But no because amazingly you contacted his source incredibly quick last night, obviously that Croke Park official isn't doing his job well.
OM I've made it clear that I'm not responding to anymore of your posts because you more then anyone on here are a clown and shown that you know NOTHING about GAA yet you continue to post making a bigger joke of yourself every time and I'm now convinced that bingobus is your other account.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 11:32:38 AM

I told you no such thing. A close, personal friend of mine is a senior mgr in Croke park - I didn't wait for office hours..
Obviously he was up very late last night and obviously he's not doing his job very well either and saying that it's bullshit and I'm 100% wrong is the same thing as calling me a liar Heffo.
See this is what I mean, ye'll say it and do crap like that but when actually confronted by it you'll do the OM and put 100 plus smiley faces at the end of it..kinda like Om, sorry Bingobus did there, shock horror or you'll deny it completely.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 11:35:22 AM

Obviously he was up very late last night and obviously he's not doing his job very well either and saying that it's bullshit and I'm 100% wrong is the same thing as calling me a liar Heffo.

Please post the source of your comment - I'm still claiming it's 100% bullshit

heffo

Obviously he was up very late last night and obviously he's not doing his job very well either

You now insult someone else who disagrees with you. Were you on the debating team in school?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 11:40:10 AM

Obviously he was up very late last night and obviously he's not doing his job very well either

You now insult someone else who disagrees with you. Were you on the debating team in school?

I'm saying he's wrong. Not an insult.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/0225/1224241774658.html

"This was an extraordinary enough initiative but the rest of it was even more remarkable, effectively taking over the strategic administration of Gaelic games in Cork. It was like appointing an administrator or receiver to manage the county.

The issues to be addressed under the aegis of Croke Park and in consultation with the Cork GAA were wide ranging: "games development strategies within the county (this will include the results of the recently completed NCTC report); infrastructure and facilities; communication structures; fixture planning and execution; strategies for addressing the challenge of urbanisation; the overall personnel requirements to manage the future of Cork GAA"."

That very much includes the underage stuctures.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 11:40:47 AM

You claimed he's not doing his job very well.

Will you please post the source & link of the article you claim to have quoted directly from where Croke park want to 'take over the underage structures' in Cork.

orangeman

Grow a pair and answer the questions that I've asked you, but you wont, because you can't because you are bullshitting. YOu haven't got a clue about the players at underage level at Cork. But for some reason or another you are pretending to have some sort of knowledge, which is doing nothing but making you look like a clueless fool.

Looks like we're all in the same boat ( and that's not about me - Poor Indiana is getting the "Reiller's treatment" ) - even Heffo's friend is getting a touch as well and he's not even posting on here.

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

You claimed he's not doing his job very well.

Will you please post the source & link of the article you claim to have quoted directly from where Croke park want to 'take over the underage structures' in Cork.

Heffo you're wasting your time with this amadan - he can't post the article. It's all made up, taken from PROC etc. Just leave it.

heffo

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/0225/1224241774658.html

"This was an extraordinary enough initiative but the rest of it was even more remarkable, effectively taking over the strategic administration of Gaelic games in Cork. It was like appointing an administrator or receiver to manage the county.

The issues to be addressed under the aegis of Croke Park and in consultation with the Cork GAA were wide ranging: "games development strategies within the county (this will include the results of the recently completed NCTC report); infrastructure and facilities; communication structures; fixture planning and execution; strategies for addressing the challenge of urbanisation; the overall personnel requirements to manage the future of Cork GAA"."

That very much includes the underage stuctures.

Below is the press release in it's entirety - at no stage is there any reference to Croke Park 'taking over underage structures' - they proposed a review of all aspects of Cork GAA - a review - not a takeover - your original post was bullshit and was spun as to give the impression that a dedicated review of underage structures had already taken place and they were aghast at what they found and as such were 'taking over' - absolute horsehit
---------------------

GAA Press Release: February 19th, 2009

To: Cork County Board

Cork Hurling Panel of 2008/2009

Cork Management Team.

Re: Cork Hurling Impasse

Following our discussions with the relevant parties in the Cork hurling dispute, we have devoted lengthy consideration to the issues at the core of the disagreement in an attempt to identify a solution that will lead to a resolution acceptable to both sides.

We recognize that all parties concerned have strong views about what would constitute desirable solutions and outcomes. It is also the case that only significant compromise from all parties will lead to a resolution of the disagreement. It is in this context that we make the following proposals as a means both to break the deadlock and to support those who have the best interests of Cork GAA at heart:

1. All parties in the dispute – Cork County Board, the hurlers of Cork and the Cork Senior hurling team manager Gerald McCarthy and his backroom team – agree to work with each other in a spirit of cooperation for the current season. All hurlers will make themselves available for selection for the League and Championship once this document (i.e. containing these proposals) has been signed by all parties. As a core principle, it is accepted by all parties that players for a new 2009 panel will be selected uniquely on the basis of their hurling ability.

2. In recognition of this cooperation, the Senior hurling team manager will appoint an additional member to his coaching team and an additional selector to assist in the preparation of the team for the 2009 season. The people appointed to these roles will be acceptable to all parties.

3. A person designated by Croke Park will review best practice in other counties in the matter of panel preparation and player/management interaction, and will produce recommendations that will be implemented, where required, with regard to the Cork hurling panel prior to this year's Championship.

4. A review of all aspects of the relationships between, on the one hand, players at senior inter-county level in both hurling and football and, on the other, the management teams and the County Board will take place at the end of this year's playing season. This review will be carried out by an independent three-person committee nominated by Croke Park. This committee will consult with the outgoing panels, the teams' managements, the County Board and relevant others and will make a recommendation on the appointment of Senior Team Managers in hurling and football for the 2010 season. This recommendation will be forwarded to the Cork County Board for approval.

5. This committee will remain in place until the end of the 2011 season, at which point the arrangement will be reviewed with all parties concerned. This process, as outlined in points 4 and 5, will be overseen by the Ard Stiúrthóir GAA.

6. A strategic plan for the promotion of Gaelic Games within Cork, in alignment with the National Strategic Vision and Action Plan, will be completed by October 2009 following a consultative process with all stakeholders in Cork GAA. The process will include a comprehensive review of:

- games development strategies within the county (this will include the results of the recently completed NCTC report);

- infrastructure and facilities;

- communication structures;

- fixture planning and execution;

- strategies for addressing the challenge of urbanisation;

- the overall personnel requirements to manage the future of Cork GAA.

This review will lead to the formulation of a strategy that will allow the county to maximise participation and reach its potential over the next five years.

The review process outlined above will be facilitated by Croke Park.

7. This agreement will supersede the Agreement made in 2008 through the offices of Kieran Mulvey.

Conclusion Croke Park is taking this step to provide assistance to all parties in order that an acceptable solution be found, and it presents this document in good faith. The proposals outlined demand compromise and sacrifice from all parties involved.

The individual points in this document constitute a single indivisible proposal and should be considered as such.

It is the hope of Croke Park that all parties will move beyond the divisions that have characterized the current disagreement and that they will work together in the great tradition of Cork hurling and football to restore Cork teams to their proud position within the GAA.

SIGNED:

On behalf of Cork Co Board

On behalf of 2008 Cork Hurling Panel

On behalf of Cork Hurling Management team

On behalf of GAA

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 11:43:47 AM
even Heffo's friend is getting a touch as well and he's not even posting on here.

He's actually a friend of Bobby too..

Reillers

It would be a recievership they were basically meaning that they would run it and you know it, you don't get an entire review of the running of Cork GAA and a recomendation and do nothing with it, they were being told how to run it, how to do their jobs, along with a slap on the wrist by Croke Park.
So not going to get an apology no?