McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Reillers can you back up what you say here with regard to Tipp - "they've" fallen short at senior level. Who are they? Name names? They won AIs in 2006 and 2007 in minor - all of them are still young and they have a munster medal.

They did nothing to suggest they were anywhere near KK - sure no-one did! While I think that if you'd made the right decisions on the sideline you've have beaten Tipp last year the bottom line is they beat you and you seem to keep forgetting that.

INDIANA

Donal Og
Sully
Sean Og
Curran
Timmy Mc Carthy
Niall Mc Carthy

Awaits the Yerra defence as to why these guys are still in their prime.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 01, 2009, 11:05:32 PM
Donal Og
Sully
Sean Og
Curran
Timmy Mc Carthy
Niall Mc Carthy

Awaits the Yerra defence as to why these guys are still in their prime.

Timmy is gone anyway, Niall is past it and would be lucky to get into this side.
Donal Og, I've all ready commented on that one, we've an abbundance of excellent keepers,
We've seen last week one of the replacements to Sean Og, McGann, a very promising young player.
And Sully hasn't played yet this season and mightn't get into the back at the minute either.
As for Curran, he's 29, there's one or two there waiting for him to go out.

And Sully looks better then ever, playing rugby has rejuvinated him, he looks great and is fitter then ever and he's been absolutely flying at Cloyne. Curran, is well, he's Curran, he's going really well as well.

So where's the issue, why are you so determined to talk down every single Cork player and talk up every Tipp U14-U21 player?

Reillers

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2009, 11:04:32 PM
Reillers can you back up what you say here with regard to Tipp - "they've" fallen short at senior level. Who are they? Name names? They won AIs in 2006 and 2007 in minor - all of them are still young and they have a munster medal.

They did nothing to suggest they were anywhere near KK - sure no-one did! While I think that if you'd made the right decisions on the sideline you've have beaten Tipp last year the bottom line is they beat you and you seem to keep forgetting that.

Sorry, didn't see your post.
Tipp in general haven't been able to transfer their players from underage to senior level. They've been there or there abouts since 04.
The Tipp team got thrashed by KK in the League, a "weak" Kk team. These are apparently favs to challenge KK.
I'm not saying Tipp wont go on and win things in the future, I'm saying at the minute they aren't doing it, they fell flat on their faces last season and the one before that and the one before that.
Obviously they need time, of course they do, they are just young fellas.
Cork were better then Tipp last season, and I genuinely believe that we'll beat them this season.
My point is that Cork have players, the results at underage level are in our case, almost irrelevant. Apparently that isn't accepted by Indy who has apparently seen every single one of the ones I've mentioned play.

INDIANA

In 2-3 years you'll agree with me Reillers. Its already started you lost to Tipp last year. There are no Noel Mc Grath's and Brendan Maher's in Cork.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 02, 2009, 12:23:56 AM
In 2-3 years you'll agree with me Reillers. Its already started you lost to Tipp last year. There are no Noel Mc Grath's and Brendan Maher's in Cork.
Last year Cork were better then Tipp, they threw the game away, tactics were changed and ridiculous subs were made. Now if you can't admit that either you didn't see it or you are for some reason biased.
Ask anyone, Cork had the game in the bag but because of management decisions we threw it to them, handed it to them on the platter. They then went on and lost to an ageing Waterford team who got destroyed in the AI final.

INDIANA

Reillers it was a start for Tipp. Sheedy never expected to win it last year . These young lads they have are serious hurlers. You'll regret underestimating them. You're still too reliant on the old guard.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 02, 2009, 12:46:43 AM
Reillers it was a start for Tipp. Sheedy never expected to win it last year . These young lads they have are serious hurlers. You'll regret underestimating them. You're still too reliant on the old guard.

Great so the Limerick loss there to KK by one point is a start for them and the Justin McCarthy era, within 3 years they'll be AI champions. Come on that's like me saying that, and believing that.

I never said Tipp aren't going to do well I just think you are overestimating them at the minute, in a few years maybe but not now and I think you are very much underestimating Cork.

INDIANA

Reillers limerick can't beat us at underage level- there is more chance of dublin winning liam than limerick. Tipp are different - real class coming through- if they get them through which I think they will they'll bypass you. and give the cats a run for their money in a couple of years

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Reillers on April 01, 2009, 10:57:13 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 01, 2009, 10:50:21 PM
Admire your optimism but I'm on safe ground on this one.Cork will see in the next couple of years that you reap what you sow at underage. You've very little coming though. I'm staggered that a top 3 county like yourselves has fallen off the radar at underage from u14 up. You've been beaten by dublin at u16 level twice in the last 3 years. If that doesn't sound alarm bells I don't know what will.

Tipp haven't had anything like these guys since Nicky English and Pat Fox were playing u21 for Tipp. In the past they couldn't get them out of the pubs , I just don;t see these lads going the same way.

Tipp haven't done anything with their players, they've all fallen short at senior level.

Far be it from me to defend Tipp but most of them haven't been senior for a wet week yet and you're already calling them failures. They are young and will be around for many years yet.

Sometimes I can't tell is it just arrogance or delusion that you suffer from. You seem to live in a world where nobody can be better than Cork and any Cork defeat is simply down to either bad management, bad administration or bad luck.

Reillers

And I've said most of that yet for one reason or another people wont or don't read my posts. I've said that they'll probably do well that they are only young lads but so far they've fallen short and I think they will this year as well. Never not once have I said who was better then them but yet again though ye've put words in my mouth.

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

At what bud. What has upset you now. I know people like you and om come on purely to stirr and bitch but what have i said that's wrong in your very sensitive opinion. What that I don't think Tipp will do anything this year or the next. I've never once said that I think Cork are better I never once insulted them. So what's the problem. Am I not entitled to an opinion. Seeing it's what people harp on about on here. What's so wrong in what I've said?

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

rrhf

None of my business but Reillers I think it will take more than Max Clifford to get you boys any respect around Ireland these days.  
Plus you lack a sense of humour