McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 28, 2009, 05:07:02 PM
Great news if it's true. I'd love, and I still think he's got the legs for it, if Walsh brought back Wayne Sherlock. What happened with him, the way he was treated was sinfull.
That was probably the worst things about Geralds time in charge, Sherlock walking away. Such a waste. One of the best in the county.

The worst thing about Gerald's time in charge ??. Blame it all on Gerald again - how convenient !!!  Quelle surprise !!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 28, 2009, 05:11:19 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 28, 2009, 05:07:02 PM
Great news if it's true. I'd love, and I still think he's got the legs for it, if Walsh brought back Wayne Sherlock. What happened with him, the way he was treated was sinfull.
That was probably the worst things about Geralds time in charge, Sherlock walking away. Such a waste. One of the best in the county.

The worst thing about Gerald's time in charge ??. Blame it all on Gerald again - how convenient !!!  Quelle surprise !!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

OM I don't know how you do it, it's amazing, you've shown yourself to be incompetent all the way in the 400 plus pages, to be truely clueless, and yet you keep making yourself look worse with every single post you make.
You know nothing about Sherlock, I doubt you even know who he is, quick, google it. You don't know why he walked away, for all you know it could well have been all Gerald's fault (I'm not saying it was) but you makes presumptions, unfounded presumptions that make you look like such a joke, it's gone beyond being ammusing at this stage.

Oh look here I'll even save ya time on that, here's an article about it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/sherlock-quits-rebels-panel-52431.html

orangeman

I should have seen that one coming shouldn't I ??

Your continued attempts to puff smoke over all posters who have a different view to you shows how shallow your arguments have been and continue to be. Your continued attempts to portray everyone as clueless is more of an indicment of you than me. If it's not me it's Dowling, Skull, Inidiana, Heffo and many of the other lads who dare to question the players' unsavoury tactics and the unsavoury characters that surround them.

You can continue your clueless charade as long you like - but defending the indefensible is an argument you'll never win.

But keep blowing the smoke ! It's been a tactic long employed by you so don't stop now !!

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 28, 2009, 05:38:27 PM
I should have seen that one coming shouldn't I ??

Your continued attempts to puff smoke over all posters who have a different view to you shows how shallow your arguments have been and continue to be. Your continued attempts to portray everyone as clueless is more of an indicment of you than me. If it's not me it's Dowling, Skull, Inidiana, Heffo and many of the other lads who dare to question the players' unsavoury tactics and the unsavoury characters that surround them.

You can continue your clueless charade as long you like - but defending the indefensible is an argument you'll never win.

But keep blowing the smoke ! It's been a tactic long employed by you so don't stop now !!
Puff smoke, you've never actually said what I was doing, you're clueless, you've shown know knowledge in 400 plus pages of anything really, the other lads have had their moments. But you are without a doubt a mile and a half ahead of everyone else.
You are clueless, if it's not asking stupid questions, like wondering who Pa Horgan is, it's making stupid comments with no facts at all, nothing at all to back it up what so ever. You don't even try.
When asked how there's any evidence at all with the players wanting money out of it, you change the subject and start nit picking and insulting.
You have nothing to back up any of your arguements, you just presume every time that the players are wrong, when on many occasions they're not.
Even with the Sherlock thing there, you've nothing to say that it wasn't Gerald's fault. You've nothing to prove that it wasn't Gerald's fault he walked away, that he was treated badly, but you babble on and on again. When in fact a big reason why he did walk away was because the little game time he, one of the best in the county, got with McCarthy. But you you don't know that, you haven't a clue.

And like I said, when you're confronted about anything you make ridiculous pointless posts like the one you just made above. You'll never answer the question and you end up attempting to turn it back on the person confronting you, in this case me. And I mean, you'll try to change the subject if there's a lot of heat on you and make a half attempt post about something to do with Cork GAA with your little knowledge, and then when the heat dies down, after you reappear you start again with your typical posts.
The same old, same old, crap from you every single time.

orangeman

The same old, same old, crap from you every single time.

Absolutely true !!!

Reillers

Bud Wiser

QuoteYour continued attempts to puff smoke over all posters who have a different view to you shows how shallow your arguments have been and continue to be. Your continued attempts to portray everyone as clueless is more of an indicment of you than me. If it's not me it's Dowling, Skull, Inidiana, Heffo and many of the other lads who dare to question the players' unsavoury tactics and the unsavoury characters that surround them.

I gave up on this thread a long time ago for that very reason OM.  The thread title is  " McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers"  The gas thing about it is that when you don't know something the obvious thing to do is ask a question and then when you do ask you can't get an answer. Several attempts have been made to turn the thread into a "Cork GAA General Discussion page". 

Does anyone know if, under the terms of the strike settlement the 160,000 euro in collective players sponsorship was retained by the players or distributed through the county board?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 27, 2009, 04:28:03 PM
So what are you saying Dowling, you want the old fashioned typical, shut up or put up crap from the GAA because that is the alternative.

Sorry for the delay in getting back Reillers.

I'm not saying anything, I'm asking you which rules can be bent or broken.

And if you can justify some rules being bent or broken and a particular group doing that well where does that lead?

Even yourself would acknowledge that unless a manager has 100% backing of the 2008 panel he is at the very least going to be somewhat wary of his position.
And that's due to the bending and breaking of rules used to oust Gerald McCarthy.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on March 29, 2009, 11:54:51 AM
Quote from: Reillers on March 27, 2009, 04:28:03 PM
So what are you saying Dowling, you want the old fashioned typical, shut up or put up crap from the GAA because that is the alternative.

Sorry for the delay in getting back Reillers.

I'm not saying anything, I'm asking you which rules can be bent or broken.

And if you can justify some rules being bent or broken and a particular group doing that well where does that lead?

Even yourself would acknowledge that unless a manager has 100% backing of the 2008 panel he is at the very least going to be somewhat wary of his position.
And that's due to the bending and breaking of rules used to oust Gerald McCarthy.

Well what are you saying? What do you think. Shut up or put up or do something about it, keeping in mind the only way to do something is bend the rules, because taking the high way wont work, not?
So what do you think the solution is?

The clubs can't move, everything they do is blocked, every decision they make is put down.
Either out of order, apparently breaking one rule or another. The CB don't give a damn what the clubs think, and because of that the Cb are completely divided from their clubs.

Every motion that questions the CB, every motion that might suggest taking away just a small bit of power, is quashed.
The motion from Cloyne, it made sense. Bring each motion back to the club, no no, that was ruled out of order, and why because that would mean that the CB's little club wouldn't work. That would mean that the CB delegates would have to listen to their clubs.

The only option I can see working is a full blown mutiny.

It was never about whether McCarthy had the backing of the squad fully, that's not why they did what they did. It was the CB that led them make that decision. It was their actions, nothing else.
Now you think, ya, ya, you said that before. Bullshit..etc.
But in the past if players weren't happy they just walked away-Sherlock, Mulcahy..etc. The ironic thing is that if the CB had done it the right way at the start the players would have played for McCarthy and it probably would have ended up in some of the "ring leaders" walking away.

turk

I was disappointed the Cork County board did not allow the motion from Ballyhea to be pursued the other night.
Where as the rules were in the executive's favour, there has been a series of events in the county which are not good for the overall developments and damaging for the promotion of the games at youth level. Bearing in mind these events and extraordinary circumstances I feel the motion should have been pursued. If the majority at the meeting were against the motion there was nothing for anyone to be worried about

Reillers

Quote from: turk on March 29, 2009, 01:29:20 PM
I was disappointed the Cork County board did not allow the motion from Ballyhea to be pursued the other night.
Where as the rules were in the executive's favour, there has been a series of events in the county which are not good for the overall developments and damaging for the promotion of the games at youth level. Bearing in mind these events and extraordinary circumstances I feel the motion should have been pursued. If the majority at the meeting were against the motion there was nothing for anyone to be worried about

That's the thing isn't it, you were suprised. Everyone I know, everyone on Rebel GAA, they all knew it would fail, IF it wasn't ruled out of order or got pased the first block, then it'd be voted out the door, with the majority of the votes going against it. 

The delegates will never push the board to do anything. They serve FM, not their clubs. Especially when it comes to questioning the power of FM. There's a rule that backs them up for everything, it boxes in the clubs and they can't move, unless they all move together.
If the CB keep this is up I can't see anything other then full blown mutiny on their hands.
And then to sum it all up..JOS says this..
"I can't for the life of me understand the difficulty with our handling. We've done everything correctly since day one."

In the Red C poll, the majority blamed the CB-FM for the disaster.
68% believe that delegates do not represent their clubs views.
And again a lot think that there will be more strikes in the future unless FM stands down.
When asked did they agree with  Christy Cooney that the dispute was now "sorted", 55% disagreed, with only 30% of the view that the sorriest mess in Cork GAA history is finally at an end.

60% believing there are more problems down the road.

Looking at that, it's clear as day, if it ever was in question, that there is massive divisions between the Cb and the people of the clubs.
If something isn't done, the players made the clubs unite and the pure venting that went on at the meetings, the amount of hate in the room for the CB, and then when the clubs met by themselves in Midleton, I think, more venting was done.
The players united them, but the players can't hold their hands this time, it's down to the clubs, we need to do what we should have done a long time ago. We need to stand up and fight and if the Cb keeps treating the clubs like they are being treated at the moment, there will be a full blown revolution and the CCB will have a mutiny on their hands.

Now I've to go or I'll miss the match.

Reillers

Cork 1-20 Clare 2-16. Harsh on Limerick, a draw would have probably been fair.
Great result though and fantastic spirit they showed great guts and determination to come back.

Ben O Connor is playing the best hurling of his career at the minute.
Paudie Sul was kept quiet all day, but Tadhg Og came on and scored 2 great points.

The work rate of Ben O Connor was unreal, and his touch was as sharp as ever. There was one point where he flew down the pitch to disposes a Limerick player (can't remember who) it was fantastic stuff.
That can't be said for everyone, the touch of some of the Cork players wasn't great which is only to be expected seeing as they are months behind every other county.

Shane O Neill a complete blinder. Sean Og went off injured but McGann came on and played very well.

There were great performances from Cadogan, Conor O Sullivan, Kenny, Curran, Gardiner

A great day, a great win.

Considine and the fans, and the players reactions, lol, was so animated you swear it was an Munster final they were playing.

A draw would have been fair but it was a fantastic game and a fantastic win.

orangeman

Another brilliant comeback from Cork under interim manager John Considine saw the home side beat a very good Limerick in front 4,574 happy fans at Páirc Ui Chaoimh.

Is that attendance correct ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 29, 2009, 08:52:56 PM
Another brilliant comeback from Cork under interim manager John Considine saw the home side beat a very good Limerick in front 4,574 happy fans at Páirc Ui Chaoimh.

Is that attendance correct ?

I was there, would have thought it had been around 6000.

And OM it just says it all about you that you completely ignore the entire sentence but that. How about well done Cork (they're the ones in the red) or hard luck Limerick. Probably would have been fairer if the game ended in a draw.
How about it was another brilliant comeback from Cork.
Or maybe something like wasn't it a great that Tadhg Og got a run out or McGann had a great game, so did Connor O Sullivan (they are the players in red.) Cadogan has really made a name for himself. Maybe something like Tom Kenny had a great game. Or maybe something like Shane O Neill is one of the best defenders in the country and well deserving of the MOTM.
How about well done Cork, great comeback. (They're all Cork players.) Or maybe how about the twins had an excellent game. The teams work rate and spirit was amazing, as was their heart, spirit and guts.
(Like I said, Cork are in the red and Limerick are in the green.)

Again you are prepared to nit pick instead of discussing the game. Sums up you fully.

orangeman

To be honest I thought your heroes would have beat them out the gates !!! Great comeback against Limerick ?? Who do you think you're kidding ? But as usual a very positive spin ! Congratulations - no surprise there !