McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

While we're being honest bingobus...

The plethora of bitter posters on here dedicated to taking swipes at the players through peripheral issues rather than addressing the actual issues they have addressed, maybe even grudgingly admit they were right, is sickening

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on March 25, 2009, 04:03:16 PM

While we're being honest bingobus...

The plethora of bitter posters on here dedicated to taking swipes at the players through peripheral issues rather than addressing the actual issues they have addressed, maybe even grudgingly admit they were right, is sickening

You are been hard on yourself there  ;)

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on March 25, 2009, 03:50:18 PM
Reillers, you say its nothing do with money and all about the County Board. I and many others see it different. We are all old enough and wise enough to make our own minds up on it. And your constant whining, repetitive posts (eg Joe Deanes reading of the arbitration ), and totally dismissal of everyone else is sickening at this point.

I think history will see it alot differently from your take on it.

If you made even the slightest attempt to use the fact to build your opinion and support it with fact then I would have no problem with you sharing your opinion and would just take it as that, your view. But NO WHERE in any of this dispute has there been any evidence of it being about money. Yet you and your lot continue to bitch about it, with NO evidence, proof or backing at all, but ye take it as fact. That's my problem, especially when you know ye do it and continue to do so.

And you, saying that I dismiss posts, you continue to say that about me and GAA..etc. So get off your high horse on that one.

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on March 25, 2009, 04:46:15 PM
Reillers, you say its nothing do with money and all about the County Board. I and many others see it different. We are all old enough and wise enough to make our own minds up on it. And your constant whining, repetitive posts (eg Joe Deanes reading of the arbitration ), and totally dismissal of everyone else is sickening at this point.

If you made even the slightest attempt to use the fact to build your opinion and support it with fact then I would have no problem with you sharing your opinion and would just take it as that, your view. But NO WHERE in any of this dispute has there been any evidence of it being about money. Yet you and your lot continue to bitch about it, with NO evidence, proof or backing at all, but ye take it as fact. That's my problem, especially when you know ye do it and continue to do so.

And you, saying that I dismiss posts, you continue to say that about me and GAA..etc. So get off your high horse on that one.

As if I'd waste time trying to discuss anything with you.

I'll give you one fact.... once Gerard McCarthy was out of the job, the Cork Hurlers went back playing and one of them went on TV telling saying that they'll have to work alongside FM and the CB and that hopefully something will be put in place.

But its all about the CB  ::)

orangeman

Quote from: bingobus on March 25, 2009, 03:14:22 PM
Reillers,

still blinded by the trees.

Its plain to see what happened here.

2008 hurlers, wanted their own way = strike.

Strike going bad = get mob involved and open the clubs eyes

Clubs man up and take fight to county board = Gerard McCarthy out

McCarthy out = Players happy, lets go back play.

Players playing, players happy, let the clubs do what they want = Club V County board without mob rule

County Board back in control = Clubs left to scratch and fight a losing battle.

Players used the clubs and have thrown them back to the lions, as they have little need for them now. I don't expect them to offer to "withdraw their services" to assist the clubs in this or any dispute. Sure why would they, there is money to be earned. Sure we'll work something out with Frank and the lads.

Many many posted on here and said it would be a disgrace of the CB come of this intact and they have and will. The players are willing to let this happen. I wonder if Jerry O'Sullivan wasn't who he is would it be a different approach from the players? I doubt it, Idon't think they ever cared about the CB to be honest, it was all about them and their wishes.

That's just about the long and the short of it Bingobus. No one can disagree with the facts as you have shown here.

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on March 25, 2009, 04:52:13 PM

I'll give you one fact.... once Gerard McCarthy was out of the job, the Cork Hurlers went back playing and one of them went on TV telling saying that they'll have to work alongside FM and the CB and that hopefully something will be put in place.

You're now acting like OM, try actually replying to the post instead of trying to ignore questions that you can't answer. There isn't a shread of proof to back up anything you've said.

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on March 25, 2009, 04:57:24 PM

You're now acting like OM, try actually replying to the post instead of trying to ignore questions that you can't answer. There isn't a shread of proof to back up anything you've said.

I see very little evidence that is was always about the County Board. A lot of talk that it was but no outcome to suggest that it was. And I'm not refering to the clubs, I'm talking about the players.

This was about the players getting their way, always was and will be till the next time they throw the toys out of the pram.

orangeman

There isn't a shread of proof to back up anything you've said.

:D :D :D  How many times have we heard that little smokescreen ??

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2009, 05:04:05 PM
There isn't a shread of proof to back up anything you've said.

:D :D :D  How many times have we heard that little smokescreen ??

And how many times have you produced any evidence, fact, proof, or even a suggestion of it. You are the worst for it OM and then when confronted you either disapear for a while or change the subject by insults, sarcasm and your little smiley faces or by nit picking, like you just have done. I fully expect you to do the same here.

realrebel

why didnt a single delegate second the ballyhea motion last night
please dont say they didnt know it was coming up
why didnt the clubs tell their delegate to back ballyhea
where the f**k is ur man from dripsey gone now he is gone under ground

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on March 25, 2009, 05:03:24 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 25, 2009, 04:57:24 PM

I see very little evidence that is was always about the County Board. A lot of talk that it was but no outcome to suggest that it was. And I'm refering to the clubs, I'm talking about the players.

This was about the players getting their way, always was and will be till the next time they throw the toys out of the pram.

Us in the clubs have seen plenty of it in Cork, thinks you'd never see. And then of course there's stuff that has been brought into light their personal agendas, reappointing McCarthy for one, the CB basically saying we don't give a shit what the clubs think on more then one occasion, to the press, them not being able to answer any questions directed at them fully, usually responding by we've not heard anything about it, being their only media dealing and then going off into their meetings where NO media is allowed 99.9% of the time unless FM has something up his sleeve, then only written media is allowed. You've known delegates who have been removed from their posts because they were found out to have voted against what their clubs voted for. You've got their actions during the 3 incidents in 2002, 2007 and 2009, all to back up how spinless they are. And you've got last night as well to back it up. The list goes on and on.
Ye've absolutely know proof to suggest they're in it for the money, the only thing that was a half attempt as proof was when asked the only thing they produced was an article that was about 2 years old.
All ye, OM especially, do is whinge and bitch but NEVER produce or back up ye're statements with anything remotley near to being proof or evidence.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on March 25, 2009, 05:12:32 PM
why didnt the clubs tell their delegate to back ballyhea
where the f**k is ur man from dripsey gone now he is gone under ground

..Because their delegates, you know as well as I do what they do at those meetings.You know as well as I do that what we tell our delegates is useless when it gets to the meeings.

And please tell me that you're disgusted at last nights results.

Dripsey, where we're Dripsey, you want to think about that harder?

realrebel

i cant beleive what happened all the fuss a few weeks back at the meetings
surely there was a few of those people there to second it
whos ur man that was chairing the meeting in rocestown was he not from drispey?

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on March 25, 2009, 05:25:57 PM
i cant beleive what happened all the fuss a few weeks back at the meetings
surely there was a few of those people there to second it
whos ur man that was chairing the meeting in rocestown was he not from drispey?

The CB are smart, the timing of the Gerald statement was brilliantly planned. If it had been a day later the clubs would have went in looking for blood. But the situation was defused completley and the cb basically said that we're to move on now.

Tomás Ryan..He was but he was the chairman oh wait no he was the delegate. I don't know then.
I don't even think they got a chance to vote on it, the exec didn't accept it.

passedit

Quote from: realrebel on March 25, 2009, 05:12:32 PM

Ruled out of order by the politbureau, didn't get as far as requiring a seconder. Democracy at it's finest

QuoteCork Board refuse to allow 'no confidence' motion to be put to vote

By Colm Keys

Wednesday March 25 2009

THE Cork County Board executive last night refused to allow a motion of 'no confidence' in them to be put the vote.

The Ballyhea club in north Cork had tabled the motion because of the way the executive had handled the hurling dispute, but, in expressing disappointment, Cork chairman Jerry O'Sullivan said that because they had done "nothing wrong" throughout such an "unprecedented" matter, he didn't see the point of the motion.

He then cited Rule 50 of the official guide that governs the election of county officers and states that they "should hold office until the conclusion of the next convention" as the main stumbling block for the motion on the night.
Don't Panic