Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 25, 2009, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 25, 2009, 01:57:32 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 25, 2009, 01:49:50 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 25, 2009, 10:20:28 AM
Quote from: heffo on March 24, 2009, 05:24:19 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 24, 2009, 05:20:49 PM

Anyway, we're getting away from your standing over of the claim that the GPA intervened in the dispute

No were not. I'm claiming that Sean Potts intervention as described above was the GPA intervening.

That's laughable.

Are you telling me that the attendance or otherwise of players a this funeral is even remotely relevent to the cork dispute.

let m remind you what this dispute is about:

Quote from: The GAA on March 24, 2009, 04:31:45 PM

This dispute has been and is about the disgraceful rnning of the CCB and the executive's abuse of personal power, using the county teams as their play thing, to settle personal scores. on a wider note, it is about the unaccountability of the executive through gerrymandered eroded processes and the lack of input from the clubs at county level.

In what way do you think the GPA have intervened here?

If we accept your assertion ( and i don't) that the Cork players sought help or advice on a PR matter from the GPA's communications officer, then i still don't see how you can claim that the GPA have "intervened" in the dispute.

If you want to point score, do it on the real issues

Whats laughable about the GPA media manager making unsolicited contact with journalists advising said Journalists not to print the names of two high profile GPA players?

What's laughable is you brushing it under the carpet.

You never answered my question about whether you now accept that such an intervention took place?
"Unsolicited contact with journalists" oh grow up.
It was FALSE UNPROVEN INSULTING ALLEGATIONS, journos wouldn't have printed them anyway, you think that the GPA have that much influence over the media, (wait for another conspiracy) the press didn't print it for the same reason as why the GPA were asking them to, they were false unproven allegations that were completly out of line.
So what's wrong with them contacting the media, everyone else has, the CB, Gerald..etc. SO what's the problem. What are you having a hissy fit over. Acting like a whinging drama queen over the GPA contacting the media or the fact that the false, out of line allegations didn't get to the media so you could bitch about them. Which is it?

I thought we had agreed to stick to the issues and not personalise this thread? Is that deal null & void much like the Mulvey agreement in 2008?

"Unsolicited contact with journalists" oh grow up. -

You do understand what unsolicited contact means don't you? Do you accept that the GPA media manager made contact that was unrequested with GAA journalists?

If so, why do I need to grow up?

"you think that the GPA have that much influence over the media"

Sean Potts - GPA Media Manager works as a Sports sub-editor for the Evening Herald - he physically works in the same building & the same floor as Colm Keys (Cork hurlers 2008 spokesperson #1) and for the same company as Kieran Shannon (Cork hurlers 2008 spokesperson #2)

I know exactly what it means and the CCB, Gerald and co have all done the same but I don't see you complaining about that.

I am sorry if you feel I broke the agreement but I'm sure you can see where my frustrations are coming from and I will try to avoid doing so in the future.

But you are nit picking, you are staying completly off topic just to point score. So just because he is in the same building as Keys and Shannon, what about the rest of them. Journos didn't print it for a reason.

It wasn't printed because it was unfounded allegations that were out of line and that couldn't be backed, even by McCarthy and for that reason they were not printed, not because the GPA PR man is in the same building as 2 journos.
You're obviously annoyed by the GPA protecting 2 of their lads from undeserved untrue allegations, anyone would have done the same. Croke Park for their men, the CCB..etc.
So which is it that dissapoints you so much. The fact that the GPA talked to the journos or the fact that the journos didn't print it?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2009, 02:30:55 PM
Sean Potts - GPA Media Manager works as a Sports sub-editor for the Evening Herald - he physically works in the same building & the same floor as Colm Keys (Cork hurlers 2008 spokesperson #1) and for the same company as Kieran Shannon (Cork hurlers 2008 spokesperson #2)

You're full of surprises Heffo !!!  ;)

You going to ignore my post OM (as per usual) or are you going to reply?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 25, 2009, 02:31:41 PM

Anyway, we're getting away from your standing over of the claim that the GPA intervened in the dispute

No were not. I'm claiming that Sean Potts intervention as described above was the GPA intervening.

That's laughable.

Are you telling me that the attendance or otherwise of players a this funeral is even remotely relevent to the cork dispute.

This dispute has been and is about the disgraceful rnning of the CCB and the executive's abuse of personal power, using the county teams as their play thing, to settle personal scores. on a wider note, it is about the unaccountability of the executive through gerrymandered eroded processes and the lack of input from the clubs at county level.

If we accept your assertion ( and i don't) that the Cork players sought help or advice on a PR matter from the GPA's communications officer, then i still don't see how you can claim that the GPA have "intervened" in the dispute.

Whats laughable about the GPA media manager making unsolicited contact with journalists advising said Journalists not to print the names of two high profile GPA players?

You never answered my question about whether you now accept that such an intervention took place?
It was FALSE UNPROVEN INSULTING ALLEGATIONS, journos wouldn't have printed them anyway, you think that the GPA have that much influence over the media, (wait for another conspiracy) the press didn't print it for the same reason as why the GPA were asking them to, they were false unproven allegations that were completly out of line.
So what's wrong with them contacting the media, everyone else has, the CB, Gerald..etc. SO what's the problem. What are you having a hissy fit over. Acting like a whinging drama queen over the GPA contacting the media or the fact that the false, out of line allegations didn't get to the media so you could bitch about them. Which is it?

I thought we had agreed to stick to the issues and not personalise this thread? Is that deal null & void much like the Mulvey agreement in 2008?

You do understand what unsolicited contact means don't you? Do you accept that the GPA media manager made contact that was unrequested with GAA journalists?

I know exactly what it means and the CCB, Gerald and co have all done the same but I don't see you complaining about that.

So we now tacit admission of GPA involvement - tactics have changed from absolute denial of involvement by the GPA to sure everyone else is involved why not the GPA.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 25, 2009, 02:49:53 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 25, 2009, 02:31:41 PM

That's laughable.

So we now tacit admission of GPA involvement - tactics have changed from absolute denial of involvement by the GPA to sure everyone else is involved why not the GPA.

No because the dispute was over. Why are you trying to constantly point score on it. It's over.

orangeman

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2009, 02:55:16 PM
The war's over Heffo !!  :D :D

What is your problem OM, are you even a GAA man because you don't talk like one. You seem to enjoy Cork roting and laugh at it, not just the IC players but the clubs, and no real GAA man I can think of would do so.

orangeman

The GAA

Whats laughable is that you think this is evidence of the GPA involvement in the dispute. what has McCarthy's mother's funeral and the attendance got to do with anything?

Of course i accept it took place. all i asked for was evidence which you duely obliged with.

getting bogged down in these little tit for tat distractions gets us nowhere.

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on March 25, 2009, 02:49:53 PM

what tactics? what are you on about?

GPA involvement in what?

I interact on this thread to discuss the dispute rumbling on in cork hurling and the consequences of same. i'm not prticularly interested in claims of attendance or otherwise at a funeral, who was taking a role and who is watching those that were taking a role.

are any of ye gonna bother with possibly the most shocking development of the whole dispute... the CCB declining to let a motion of no confindence in them be heard because they don't think its fair?

bingobus

Reillers,

still blinded by the trees.

Its plain to see what happened here.

2008 hurlers, wanted their own way = strike.

Strike going bad = get mob involved and open the clubs eyes

Clubs man up and take fight to county board = Gerard McCarthy out

McCarthy out = Players happy, lets go back play.

Players playing, players happy, let the clubs do what they want = Club V County board without mob rule

County Board back in control = Clubs left to scratch and fight a losing battle.

Players used the clubs and have thrown them back to the lions, as they have little need for them now. I don't expect them to offer to "withdraw their services" to assist the clubs in this or any dispute. Sure why would they, there is money to be earned. Sure we'll work something out with Frank and the lads.

Many many posted on here and said it would be a disgrace of the CB come of this intact and they have and will. The players are willing to let this happen. I wonder if Jerry O'Sullivan wasn't who he is would it be a different approach from the players? I doubt it, Idon't think they ever cared about the CB to be honest, it was all about them and their wishes.

The GAA

Quote from: bingobus on March 25, 2009, 03:14:22 PM
Reillers,

Players playing, players happy, let the clubs do what they want = Club V County board without mob rule

Players used the clubs and have thrown them back to the lions, as they have little need for them now. I don't expect them to offer to "withdraw their services" to assist the clubs in this or any dispute. Sure why would they, there is money to be earned. Sure we'll work something out with Frank and the lads.

Many many posted on here and said it would be a disgrace of the CB come of this intact and they have and will. The players are willing to let this happen. I wonder if Jerry O'Sullivan wasn't who he is would it be a different approach from the players? I doubt it, Idon't think they ever cared about the CB to be honest, it was all about them and their wishes.

There's the fly in your ointment. i hear that this is exactly what is coming

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on March 25, 2009, 03:18:01 PM
Reillers,

There's the fly in your ointment. i hear that this is exactly what is coming

Who told you Reillers?

Seriously can't see that happening. They have gone back to play, without seeing out what they started and then they suddenly stop again and start the whole thing again.

If its what they wanted in the first place, they would have gone the whole way before going back to play. 

Reillers

Reillers,

No one wanted to strike, you think the players wanted this, Deane said the last one, reading the arbitrition was more stressful then waiting on his test results. And the one we just had was probably worse.

They did it because yet again the CB did what they do best.

SO what now, we're all part of a mob, all the Cork fans, the clubs, all their members, you're talking tens of thousands of people, now you're disrespecting all of them on what basis or evidence. Where does the excuses and insults stop exactly, ye've no one left to disrespect, so do ye go full circle and start all over again or what. Apparently there's no limit for your type. Ye'll just insult everyone and anyone, tens of thousands of people to try and point score and win an argument, which is based purely on the fact that ye think the players have disrespected one man. There's a word in there for that and that's hypocricy.

They said from the very, very start of this that they would play when McCarthy was gone and they stood by their word. If they hadn't ye'd be crying over that.

The players can do no more, they can't do their clubs business, and that's what this is, the next bit is up to the clubs, they go back to their clubs and work with them and all the other members, but they can't hold the hands of the clubs.
The clubs have to do this themselves. Whether they do it or not is down to them and them alone, they players did all they could. The clubs knew what they were getting themselves into, no one went into this blind.

But if you think that this is over and if you think the players, clubs. etc are happy with this you're wrong. Just because the players upheld their word doesn't mean that they're happy with the running of the CB.

The clubs need to do their own business, what do you want the players to do, there's nothing more they can do, it's up to us the clubs to do something that we should have done a long time ago and everyone who is in this position, all the clubs, agreed to it.

The players have absolutley no pull over what the CB do, that power alone stands with the clubs. There is no more the players can do. Withdrawing again would make things worse.

Maybe I'm giving you too much credit, maybe you just don't understand. The CB have caused the players to down their tools 3 times. They, the CCB, function for themselves and themselves only, well Fm really. It is a dictatorship. The ONLY people who have had the balls to stand up to the CB are the players. 3 times. While we the clubs stood by.
Now the clubs finally get involved, which is great, but the players can't make the clubs do anything.
And like it showed last night, the CB don't give a danm what any of the clubs do, the only thing that they care less about is the players not playing. The players have NO pull over the CB, at all.

This has NOTHING to do with money. Yet you being completly clueless, you ramble and bable on and on looking for attention on things that have been discused over and over again to death.

THIS WAS ALWAYS ABOUT THE CB. FROM DAY 1!! You're either pathetically naive or acting an idiot if you think otherwise because it has been crystal clear.

But of course it keeps slipping my mind, very little on here from your lot is built on fact, just presumptions through insult and lack of evidence because of attention seeking and bitter hate.

The players kept their word, going back playing when McCarthy left, if they hadn't no doubt ye'd be on here moaning and crying some more. But this is far from over, but the players can't make anyone do anything. The clubs are the ones with the power, whether they use it or not in the way they've shown they can. The players have brought this as far as they could. It's down to us the clubs to finish it.

The GAA

The players have done the hard bit and led the clubs to the water. i understand that they are willing to reengage if the clubs cannot force an end.

You seem tobe overlooking that the players are club members and are still driving this through their own clubs

bingobus

Reillers, you say its nothing do with money and all about the County Board. I and many others see it different. We are all old enough and wise enough to make our own minds up on it. And your constant whining, repetitive posts (eg Joe Deanes reading of the arbitration ), and totally dismissal of everyone else is sickening at this point.

I think history will see it alot differently from your take on it.