McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Om, I really hope you are just stirring and that you're not that challenged.

Of course they knew they were going to get stick, as did Gerald, as did the players.

You can't be this naive, surely.

EddieMerx

Why would they get stick for playing for their county??? Did the 08 Panel march in the Paddy's day parade, they got plenty of practice ;)

dowling

Why do both Considine and OGrady not want the manager's job now?
Is that because they know what they're in for?

EddieMerx

Quote from: dowling on March 19, 2009, 10:27:39 AM

The reality is, what manager taking on the roll could turn around and say to some of the members of the 08 panel sorry but I'm building for the future - imagine the strikes then. I can't see too many wanting it while so many of the older players are still declaring themselves available and expecting to be on the starting team

passedit

Quote from: EddieMerx on March 19, 2009, 11:43:53 AM

The reality is, what manager taking on the roll could turn around and say to some of the members of the 08 panel sorry but I'm building for the future - imagine the strikes then. I can't see too many wanting it while so many of the older players are still declaring themselves available and expecting to be on the starting team

Maybe they might think it's not worth bothering while the current county board is in place? I'm sure at least one of them might feel that way.

Build for the future my hole. How many teams with a realistic chance of reaching an all ireland final would jettison players who might help them get there this season for some 'jam tomorrow'. Get the hatred blinkers off lads.
Don't Panic

INDIANA

O Grady doesn't want it because of the county board and Considine doesn't want it because he knows the players don'r rate him and his position is already undermined. Would you really want the hassle? Life is too short.

dowling

Quote from: passedit on March 19, 2009, 11:55:05 AM
Quote from: EddieMerx on March 19, 2009, 11:43:53 AM

Maybe they might think it's not worth bothering while the current county board is in place? I'm sure at least one of them might feel that way.

Build for the future my hole. How many teams with a realistic chance of reaching an all ireland final would jettison players who might help them get there this season for some 'jam tomorrow'. Get the hatred blinkers off lads.

Most of the hatred seems to be coming from the pro 2008 panel directed at ayone with an opposing argument.

Passedit do you really not think any potential managers might be feeling a little trepidation at the prospect of considering the manager's position with such an 'opinionated' group of players to contend with?

passedit

Quote from: dowling on March 19, 2009, 12:53:01 PM
Most of the hatred seems to be coming from the pro 2008 panel directed at ayone with an opposing argument.

Passedit do you really not think any potential managers might be feeling a little trepidation at the prospect of considering the manager's position with such an 'opinionated' group of players to contend with?

You must have missed the threats to Reillers then?

Any manager worth his salt would prefer 'opinionated' to sheep imo. All great teams have strong characters with their own views imo. The skill of a good manager is to take those on board without diluting his own authority. After all, generals are needed on the pitch as much as in the dugout
Don't Panic

johnneycool

TBH, I think they'd be an easy bunch to manage as they're the most dedicated group of players ever, no ponderous drills, devise their own tactics as well as the odd half time oration.
All any manager needs to do is ensure that the county board are at arms length unless any disciplinary hearings are in the pipeline and ensure that team nutrition is up to the exacting standards of the rock and Liam McCarthy will be winging his way down Leeside come September.

dowling

Quote from: passedit on March 19, 2009, 01:18:13 PM

Any manager worth his salt would prefer 'opinionated' to sheep imo. All great teams have strong characters with their own views imo. The skill of a good manager is to take those on board without diluting his own authority. After all, generals are needed on the pitch as much as in the dugout

Very profound and philisophic passedit.
And no doubt there are those among the 2008 panel who see themselves as generals on the pitch. The problem any manager would have to consider though is that they see themselves as generals off the pitch also.

And yes I must have missed the threats to reillers. What were they?

passedit

Quote from: dowling on March 19, 2009, 01:26:23 PM
Quote from: passedit on March 19, 2009, 01:18:13 PM

Very profound and philisophic passedit.
And no doubt there are those among the 208 panel who see themselves as generals on the pitch. The problem any manager would have to consider though is that they see themselves as generals off the pitch also.

Two different managers won all irelands with them so they seem to have managed rightly.

QuoteAnd yes I must have missed the theats to reillers. What were they?

I don't think you did miss it, didn't ye tell him he brought it on himself?

Quote from: passedit on March 10, 2009, 11:17:54 AM
Quote from: dowling on March 07, 2009, 10:07:18 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 08:02:14 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 07, 2009, 07:56:35 PM
I'll retract it  ;) ;). Happy ;D.

By the way I'm from vincents in Dublin. I think that's covered by the Freedom of Information act.

No I'm not, a little late for that.

Only yourself to blame reillers. You couldn't just debate the issues, you had to accuse the rest of us of not having a clue and you knew people and were in the best position to judge everything.

QuoteThanks Reillers. I forgot to mention the abuse that those with an opposing view receive when they try to express themselves.

I'll add you to the list of hypocrites so.

And since you're all so interested in Reillers club etc, could you state your position as a one issue poster on this site. Are you best mates with Bob too or did Dessie run over your cat?
Don't Panic

dowling

passedit

Quote from: dowling on March 19, 2009, 01:43:09 PM
So what were the threats passedit?

What do you think he brought upon himself?

And while you're at it, maybe you missed this bit too?
And since you're all so interested in Reillers club etc, could you state your position as a one issue poster on this site. Are you best mates with Bob too or did Dessie run over your cat?
Don't Panic

dowling

You're losing me here passedit.
If there was a threat to reillers put the exact post up.

heffo

I believe the 'threat' Passedit is referring to is when I told Reillers that I was going to tell my friend that Reillers had insulted him.

Anyhoo myself, Bob & Reillers are all going to sit down Easter weekend and have a pint