McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 17, 2009, 04:10:24 PM
QuoteSo this is what our money is paying for now, no wonder we have no underage structure, no wonder our main ground is falling down, if this is the kind of stuff our money goes towards.
:D  :D   :D  :D  :D

A terrible beauty is born, what will the footballers have to say abou this when their league campaign is finished.  La Manga or Strike?

You are absolutely right, get rid of the county board and anyone, any team, any panel or any celebrity to where money is being deflected to for self interest or holidays or cars and build a new grounds.

You don't, nor are you trying to get the point Bud, (unless you actually don't get the point and you're a lot slower or younger then I thought) in this case you are just a wum.

Reillers

Quote from: turk on March 17, 2009, 03:44:23 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 17, 2009, 03:34:47 PM
The Ballyhea club held a special general meeting last night at which a proposal of no confidence in the Officer Board of Cork County Board due to their handling of their recent dispute was discussed.

The motion was passed 33 votes to 4 and will be presented at the next meeting of the County Board.

God please let this be the start of it.

Can't wait to see this one spun. Out of order, no doubt.

Well done to the Ballyhea club - this is the correct way to do things
Ya, well done to them, no doubt they'll get punished for it someway.

Bud Wiser

QuoteYou don't, nor are you trying to get the point Bud, (unless you actually don't get the point and you're a lot slower or younger then I thought) in this case you are just a wum.

QuoteGrow up, it's the media It's what they do,  get over it.

Quotethe ones who probably don't know much or anything about Cork hurling, and who's sole purpose is to come on here and bitch about them.

I just find it laughable that you above all people are complaining about the young lads being given a holiday and I actually do find it funny that someone who is so supportive of the boys on a collective sponsorship of 160,000 a year and some on individual payments and still driving around in free cars that it is you, above all people you, that is now crying about players being compensated.  I don't agree with the young lads getting a holiday to La Manga, or the Antrim coast for that matter, but on the scale of things and judging by Corks defeat by Kilkenny in the All-Ireland they are as much..............ah I won't bother, shure as you will see from your quotes above made on this page only, you know it all and we know nothing.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 17, 2009, 05:44:49 PM
QuoteYou don't, nor are you trying to get the point Bud, (unless you actually don't get the point and you're a lot slower or younger then I thought) in this case you are just a wum.

QuoteGrow up, it's the media It's what they do,  get over it.

Quotethe ones who probably don't know much or anything about Cork hurling, and who's sole purpose is to come on here and bitch about them.

I just find it laughable that you above all people are complaining about the young lads being given a holiday and I actually do find it funny that someone who is so supportive of the boys on a collective sponsorship of 160,000 a year and some on individual payments and still driving around in free cars that it is you, above all people you, that is now crying about players being compensated.  I don't agree with the young lads getting a holiday to La Manga, or the Antrim coast for that matter, but on the scale of things and judging by Corks defeat by Kilkenny in the All-Ireland they are as much..............ah I won't bother, shure as you will see from your quotes above made on this page only, you know it all and we know nothing.

If you read my post you'd see I've no problem with them being rewarded.
The lads who get it earn it though. They've played 3 games in the League. Loosing to KK in the semi final has absolutely nothing to do with it.
And I never said I was supportive of anything, you are putting words into my mouth now.
It's one thing to get rewarded for a season of work, it's another thing to be sent on a free holiday for what, showing up for 3 games and a month or so of training.

INDIANA

You can't just let it go Reillers can you? You have the 2008 team as the de facto necogiators for all sponsorship deals which are directed to them and you want to deny the 2009 squad a trip abroad. If you can't spot the irony there then there is no hope. Maybe if the sponosrship deals that fill the coffers for the 2008 squad were directed towards the county board like everywhere else then maybe your underage structures would be better.
Just let it go man.

anglocelt39

It's one thing to get rewarded for a season of work, it's another thing to be sent on a free holiday for what, showing up for 3 games and a month or so of training

and dealing with the public opprobium heaped on them by those most perceptive of sports followers aka the Patrick Street Shoppers.

On a slightly related topic, christ lads it's St Pats day and the sun split the rocks outside. I'm told that in World War one, which was a real issue now, the Tommies and Krauts declared a truce on Xmas day, I think they went out and kicked a footy between the trenches. Any chance lads, of maybe declaring the Board a Cork Hurling bullshit free zone for, say, one day to start with. Any takers?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on March 17, 2009, 06:46:21 PM
You can't just let it go Reillers can you? You have the 2008 team as the de facto necogiators for all sponsorship deals which are directed to them and you want to deny the 2009 squad a trip abroad. If you can't spot the irony there then there is no hope. Maybe if the sponosrship deals that fill the coffers for the 2008 squad were directed towards the county board like everywhere else then maybe your underage structures would be better.
Just let it go man.

A lot of players from a lot of counties have deals for sponsorship, none of which you or your lot seem to have a problem with. My problem isn't that they are going on holiday, it's that in every other county teams get rewarded for months of hard work, leagues, provincial, championship. And it's a reward that they get for a long hard season of work. If these lads stick around at senior level then I couldn't care less about it. But it's the fact that you've got them being shipped off abroad for free for showing up and you've got the likes of the camogie team who wins an AI and they have to raise every cent of it to go on their team holiday, if they were recognised by the GAA it'd be great as well. It just doesn't seem right for them to get rewarded for playing 3 games and doing 2 odd months training while the women have to raise every cent of the money needed.

Reillers

Quote from: anglocelt39 on March 17, 2009, 07:02:43 PM
It's one thing to get rewarded for a season of work, it's another thing to be sent on a free holiday for what, showing up for 3 games and a month or so of training

and dealing with the public opprobium heaped on them by those most perceptive of sports followers aka the Patrick Street Shoppers.

On a slightly related topic, christ lads it's St Pats day and the sun split the rocks outside. I'm told that in World War one, which was a real issue now, the Tommies and Krauts declared a truce on Xmas day, I think they went out and kicked a footy between the trenches. Any chance lads, of maybe declaring the Board a Cork Hurling bullshit free zone for, say, one day to start with. Any takers?

No one targeted the 09 players. No one. And they knew what they were potentially getting themselves in for they're not children, they knew what could have happened and no one targeted them, besides the odd passive line in an article, they were not targeted, not by the press or the fans or the clubs or the players. 

anglocelt39

Quote from: Reillers on March 17, 2009, 07:19:20 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on March 17, 2009, 07:02:43 PM

No one targeted the 09 players. No one. And they knew what they were potentially getting themselves in for they're not children, they knew what could have happened and no one targeted them, besides the odd passive line in an article, they were not targeted, not by the press or the fans or the clubs or the players. 

No Reillers on second thoughts don't call a halt or a truce for a day, or indeed a minute for that matter, just keep banging on like the gormless halfwit you have so closely impersonated for the last several months. And when this sorry episode enters it's latest fecked up chapter three years from now could you at least have the cop on to invent a new thread title for your inane propaganda. Now that I think of it, this thread is effectively redundant at this stage, looking at the title, so one more time, any chance of a self imposed P45 and getting a life doing something constructive. A long shot but humanity lives in hope.

anglocelt39

no one targeted them, besides the odd passive line in an article, they were not targeted, not by the press or the fans or the clubs or the players

Fair enough so Goebbels, if you say so well then it must be true. Who was that Bank of Ireland Economist bloke who spent the last 5 years rubbishing everybody who suggested, or dared suggest, that Irish Economy was headed for the rocks, Dan Mcloughlin, yes that's it. People have been asking where he's been for the past 6 months, well we have our answers, the heroes of 08 have retained his services and renamed him Reillers. Who was it who once said that the first sign that you're truly unhinged is when you start believing your own propoganda.

realrebel

reillers
they are not going on a holiday they are booked into la manga training camp
this was all booked before gerald resigned it was all paid for when booked
so stop saying its a holiday will ya

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 17, 2009, 07:18:04 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 17, 2009, 06:46:21 PM
Just let it go man.

A lot of players from a lot of counties have deals for sponsorship, none of which you or your lot seem to have a problem with

Not to the detriment of their county board sponsorship which has been used to fund clubs and the high cost of preparing the 'best ever prepared inter-county team' 

Reillers

Real rebel I apologisie if I'm wrong but I was told it was a holiday and I know 2 players who are no the squad who say it's a holiday.

realrebel

reillers theres no need to apologise
you probably are right in thinking its a holiday because they arent on the team anymore
so they probably wont be doing much i say but as far as i know they are booked in there to train
my main point really was that it was booked well over 6 weeks ago when nobody thought there was going to be a solution

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 17, 2009, 09:55:13 PM
Real rebel I apologisie if I'm wrong but I was told it was a holiday and I know 2 players who are no the squad who say it's a holiday.

La Manga is a sports resort where any number of teams across a number of sporting codes travel to train.

You are still posting information from unreliable sources as fact and when called on it are still claiming that 'it was what I was told'...