McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 08:51:12 PM
Reillers - don't assume you know it all and that the rest of us might not know them but I do know them to be hard working and dedicated men who have run after Cork teams for a long team. So unfortunately for you it's not enough for you to use such a dismissive term as "sure you don't know them" !!! It's not working.

You've insulted three great servants of Cork - Ring, Cashman and Daly after hitting a few buttons.

Why oh why do you have to insult these men ? Why do you dismiss them as a disaster a few hours after thy've been appointed.

You've lambasted Gerald Mc Carthy all through this thread, even saying such silly things as he made his bed, should have seen the abuse coming after he received death threats and continue to make excuses for not one of the 2008 panel turning up to the final after having been "discouraged" by the strike ringleaders.

What have Ring, Cashman, Daly done ? And why are you calling them CB yes men ???

You haven't a clue who they are OM, stop lying and pretending you do.
You don't know if they're great servants or not. I'm not saying they aren't, but you don't know that.
You are presuming.

You have "lambasted" the players all through this, insulted them, attacked them, abused them, accused them of doing things they never did, twisted their words and insulted anyone who has had anything positive to say about the players, at least I respect Gerald, you don't give a damn about the players. No respect at all for them.
He did make his bed, (not saying he deserved the death threats he got and such) but he did make his bed.
Again making presumptions, accusations with no facts.

QuoteWhat have Ring, Cashman, Daly done ? And why are you calling them CB yes men ???

You clearly know them very well so there's obviously no need for me to have to explain it right?

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on March 13, 2009, 09:00:21 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 08:56:30 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 13, 2009, 08:44:07 PM
QuoteZULU - I wouldn't describe it as lavish praise but they are hardworking and dedicated supporters of Cork hurling over a long period of time and I'm surprised that you haven't come across them in your time down there.

I can't that I know anything about any of them but I was involved in the football side of things more than the hurling, can you tell me what they've done, teams they've been involved in, positions they've held? Maybe lavish praise is a bit much but you implied they have done a lot for Cork hurling but I don't know them, could you fill me in?

I know enough to know that I've described them accurately. You obviously were well involved in the football side of things not to know anything about them.  

So can you please tell me something about them? I'm not sure what you mean by "You obviously were well involved in the football side of things not to know anything about them." Cork is a big county there would be quite a few Cork GAA men that I would have little knowledge about. Can you fill me in on these 3 lads?

They've been around the under 21 team for the past number of years - why don't you contact some of your contacts to get their whole CVs and not rely on the well used tactic of accusing posters of not knowing anything?. If you haven't heard of them, you've not been involved in the hurling side of things. Maybe you've been out of Cork for a long while ??

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 09:10:12 PM
QuoteZULU - I wouldn't describe it as lavish praise but they are hardworking and dedicated supporters of Cork hurling over a long period of time and I'm surprised that you haven't come across them in your time down there.

I can't that I know anything about any of them but I was involved in the football side of things more than the hurling, can you tell me what they've done, teams they've been involved in, positions they've held? Maybe lavish praise is a bit much but you implied they have done a lot for Cork hurling but I don't know them, could you fill me in?

I know enough to know that I've described them accurately. You obviously were well involved in the football side of things not to know anything about them.  

So can you please tell me something about them? I'm not sure what you mean by "You obviously were well involved in the football side of things not to know anything about them." Cork is a big county there would be quite a few Cork GAA men that I would have little knowledge about. Can you fill me in on these 3 lads?

They've been around the under 21 team for the past number of years - why don't you contact some of your contacts to get their whole CVs and not rely on the well used tactic of accusing posters of not knowing anything?. If you haven't heard of them, you've not been involved in the hurling side of things. Maybe you've been out of Cork for a long while ??

??? ??? Oh well done.
You said you knew enough, so what besides what you can get from what's been said about them in the article or two about being appointed selectors in the senior team.
Well..??

orangeman

Reillers - you're far too quick to dismiss and insult people - you've proved that all along in this dispute - you've given a legend of the game in Cork a hard time - you've derided the CB and you've now seen fit to dismiss 4 men that haven't even taken a training session !!!!!!!

Pathetic.

The well practised tactic of saying that we haven't a clue etc etc doesn't wash anymore.

Now without trying to blow smoke all over this issue, could you please tell me why these men are "YES" men and are a "DISASTER" ?

You on behalf of the players won't be happy until O'Grady or some other of the 2008 panel's preferred candidates get the job permanently ??

orangeman

You've tried to come across today as being more diplomatic and a bit more mannerly but you've quickly and knowingly continued to insult good men who have put themselves forward when many others were not willing ( because of the difficulties experienced by Gerald ).

Are you saying that the 3 disasters of selectors are not dedicated and not hard working ?? Try and answer this question instead of blowing smoke over every issue that I bring up in an attempt to dismiss and rubbish my claims which you can't deny but instead attempt to cloud.

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 09:10:12 PM

I have been out of Cork for a long time as it happens and I'm not accusing you of not knowing anything about these lads but you've clearly shown you don't, that is the only reason people keep accusing you of knowing nothing because you keep posting stuff that clearly shows you don't. In your haste to attack Reillers you posted something about these men that could be true but could just as easily not be true.

Reillers

Right so OM thank you for that mature attempt at a character assasination, but funnily enough you haven't answered the question.

So your resonse to the question is....??

orangeman

Lads it's not working -

You can't deny what I've said about these men because I can stand over it - I know for an absolute fact that these men are hard working and dedicated Cork gaels. I'm not going to tell you how I know this but you'll have to accept it.

So are either of you prepared to say that the selectors, Ring, Cashman and Daly are not how I've described them ??

Enough of the smokescreens - if you tell me I'm wrong about these men, fair enough but wither confirm my claims or deny them. One or other.

Reillers

orangeman

Just tell me that they're not dedicated, not hard working - or else confirm what I've said about them.

You're behaving like a child now Reillers.

I asked you about why you insulted Ring, Cashman and Daly and why you referred to them as a disaster but you've dug yourself a whole that you simply can't get out of. A bit like the 2008 panel.

Reillers

Hang on now OM, you've done this to me so many times.

Are you going to answer the question or not.

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 08:00:23 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 07:58:09 PM
Reillers - this was for your attention :

What evidence have you to support your insulting of Ring, Cashman and Daly, who are all staunch, hard working, dedicated Cork men who have put an awful lot into Cork hurling over their lifetimes ? 

How in the name of God did you get that from what I said.
I said they were handpicked from FM.
And from that you got this.

It's his selectors that are a disaster more then he is, all CB men.

Your words - not mine. A disaster ?? How come they're a disaster ??

Here's the original question - all you have to do is either confirm my claim or deny it - I am not going to tell you how I know these men except to say that I can stand over my claims.

You've already insulted the three of them by referring to them as disasters and yes men.

dowling

I have to agree with OM. No one here questioned Donal OGrady's ablility to manage but there's a perfectly good reason why right now is not the time for his return. The 2008 panel however once again contradict their words with their actions in that they made an attempt to pick the manager.
I've asked why there had to be abuse in posts from the first day I posted but was told to wise up. I don't give it so I think I'm entitled to question it. But if I questioned it while abusing someone else I'd be a bit of a hypocrite. If people want the abuse to stop it has to stop accross the board and new managers or selectors have to exempt from it too.

orangeman

Reillers - by not agreeing that the selectors aren't as I've described them merely goes to demonstrate that you are happy to leave my claim in the air and an implication that they are not hardworking and dedicated Cork gaels.

You've insulted all the previous lads so insulting another 3/4 good Cork men won't hurt will it ??

Zulu

QuoteI am not going to tell you how I know these men except to say that I can stand over my claims.

Your not in the FBI are you OM? I don't care how you know them but if you know them then tell me a bit about them, if not admit you don't know them and we can move on. It's largely irrelevant anyway but posters should stick to things they know not make wild statements about people they know nothing about.

QuoteI have to agree with OM. No one here questioned Donal OGrady's ablility to manage but there's a perfectly good reason why right now is not the time for his return. The 2008 panel however once again contradict their words with their actions in that they made an attempt to pick the manager.

all the clubs seemed to be behind the players and the man has a proven record so I can't see why he'd be divisive, unless of course you don't want to put frank's nose any further out of place.

QuoteI've asked why there had to be abuse in posts from the first day I posted but was told to wise up. I don't give it so I think I'm entitled to question it. But if I questioned it while abusing someone else I'd be a bit of a hypocrite. If people want the abuse to stop it has to stop accross the board and new managers or selectors have to exempt from it too.

I've never known anyone on any board to post so often about abuse and this on one of the milder mannered forums, you'll have to toughen up before you leave school my friend.