McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 07:56:39 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 13, 2009, 07:44:58 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 07:35:59 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 13, 2009, 04:43:36 PM

They're not presumptions. I'm fairly sure there's indisputable evidence that they have on more than one occasion refused to play for their county. They've encouraged the boycott of a man's mothers funeral. Several of them are involved in the upper echelons of an organisation whose raison d'etre I and many like me believe is to destroy the GAA as we know it, i.e. bring in fully fledged professionalism. They made an agreement last year not to strike again and within 12 months were back on strike - again, that is undisputed. There's a saying - my word is my bond and we've seen how good their word is.

The only presumption there is what I believe about the GPA. Everything else is impossible to argue and is certainly enough for me to dislike the former hurlers and what they are trying to do. Of course the county board needs a shake up but the way you are going on you'd swear it was me and a few other backwoodsmen on this DB that couldn't see the light. Most real GAA people see whats going on and are disgusted. This will eventually split the Association, an Association me and thousands of volunteers up and down the country run for no gain and less thanks. Men like Donal Óg, Gardiner and Seán Óg should go down in history for their hurling exploits but sadly history will remember them for something else.

Anyway - I'm fairly angry about the whole thing and am going to take a step back for a while. I genuinely meant it - let them have O'Grady if it will shut them up for a while. I'm sick listening to it in a year when we should be celebrating the 125th anniversary of the GAA';s foundation.

Extremley unfair and untrue, allegations that you are making with no proof.

Perhaps it is untrue but Gerald McCarthy made that claim on Tuesday evening. Its now Friday and still no response from the players. You'd think they'd be quick to nip such a damning lie in the bud. What reason have they for not commenting on this? Because if its untrue, then their name is being dragged through the mud. That's not what they want, is it?

Which McCarthy doesn't even know is true.
Some, like RTE news, didn't even mention that part in the news if I remember that correctly.

The players have said nothing since, Sean Og made a comment about what is happening now, but that man shouldn't be left near a microphone because he is that bad infront of them, Donal og is probably the best speaker but everytime people see him talking they see him, they don't hear him.

I presume at some point they'll make a statement but I think at the minute they are busy working towards the next game.

???
I think McCarthy would have noticed if the players didnt go to his own mothers funeral.

EDIT: Sorry yes I see what you meant in that post, that McCarthy could not know for sure if they players were advised to not go to the funeral.

realrebel

reillers
it is indeed very strange that the players havent come out in response of geralds statement
is it because its true theres a member on the rebel gaa site said a 2008 member actually said it to him that it is true
and a certain player got very annoyed with one of the leaders of the team when he said this
and thats the truth  if it wasnt the players would have reacted straight away and you know they would have

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on March 13, 2009, 08:09:08 PM
reillers
it is indeed very strange that the players havent come out in response of geralds statement
is it because its true theres a member on the rebel gaa site said a 2008 member actually said it to him that it is true
and a certain player got very annoyed with one of the leaders of the team when he said this
and thats the truth  if it wasnt the players would have reacted straight away and you know they would have

Oh well that makes it true then.

Zulu

QuoteWhat evidence have you to support your insulting of Ring, Cashman and Daly, who are all staunch, hard working, dedicated Cork men who have put an awful lot into Cork hurling over their lifetimes ? 

I'm not familiar with these guys myself could you tell me how you know these lads are hard working, dedicated men who have put so much into Cork hurling? What exactly have they done to recieve such lavish praise?

orangeman

ZULU - I wouldn't describe it as lavish praise but they are hardworking and dedicated supporters of Cork hurling over a long period of time and I'm surprised that you haven't come across them in your time down there.

Reillers : you've described the selectors as a disaster - could you please explain why you felt it necessary to describe them as such and on what basis. Thanks.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 08:35:40 PM
ZULU - I wouldn't describe it as lavish praise but they are hardworking and dedicated supporters of Cork hurling over a long period of time and I'm surprised that you haven't come across them in your time down there.

Reillers : you've described the selectors as a disaster - could you please explain why you felt it necessary to describe them as such and on what basis. Thanks.

You don't know anything about them OM. You don't know if they are hardworking and dedicated supporters of Cork hurling and you don't know for how long they've been there either..now I'm not denying any of that but you don't know.

It's a disaster because they are yes men, that's the problem.

Zulu

QuoteZULU - I wouldn't describe it as lavish praise but they are hardworking and dedicated supporters of Cork hurling over a long period of time and I'm surprised that you haven't come across them in your time down there.

I can't that I know anything about any of them but I was involved in the football side of things more than the hurling, can you tell me what they've done, teams they've been involved in, positions they've held? Maybe lavish praise is a bit much but you implied they have done a lot for Cork hurling but I don't know them, could you fill me in?

tyronefan

Have the players come out yet and condemned the death threats against Mc Carthy

orangeman

Reillers - don't assume you know it all and that the rest of us might not know them but I do know them to be hard working and dedicated men who have run after Cork teams for a long team. So unfortunately for you it's not enough for you to use such a dismissive term as "sure you don't know them" !!! It's not working.

You've insulted three great servants of Cork - Ring, Cashman and Daly after hitting a few buttons.

Why oh why do you have to insult these men ? Why do you dismiss them as a disaster a few hours after thy've been appointed.

You've lambasted Gerald Mc Carthy all through this thread, even saying such silly things as he made his bed, should have seen the abuse coming after he received death threats and continue to make excuses for not one of the 2008 panel turning up to the final after having been "discouraged" by the strike ringleaders.

What have Ring, Cashman, Daly done ? And why are you calling them CB yes men ???

realrebel

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on March 13, 2009, 08:44:07 PM
QuoteZULU - I wouldn't describe it as lavish praise but they are hardworking and dedicated supporters of Cork hurling over a long period of time and I'm surprised that you haven't come across them in your time down there.

I can't that I know anything about any of them but I was involved in the football side of things more than the hurling, can you tell me what they've done, teams they've been involved in, positions they've held? Maybe lavish praise is a bit much but you implied they have done a lot for Cork hurling but I don't know them, could you fill me in?

I know enough to know that I've described them accurately. You obviously were well involved in the football side of things not to know anything about them.  

orangeman

Quote from: tyronefan on March 13, 2009, 08:47:46 PM
Have the players come out yet and condemned the death threats against Mc Carthy

I would have expected them at this stage to have clarified their positions on the death threats and the alleged directive not to attend the funeral amongst other issues. But they probably will do this before too much longer.

tyronefan

dont think that would have been to much to ask for they dont seem to have any problem getting to the press when it suits them

Didnt think they could get much lower after not attending the funeral but as reillers says  we really dont know these kind and decent players.  (Thank God)

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 08:56:30 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 13, 2009, 08:44:07 PM

I know enough to know that I've described them accurately. You obviously were well involved in the football side of things not to know anything about them.  

So can you please tell me something about them? I'm not sure what you mean by "You obviously were well involved in the football side of things not to know anything about them." Cork is a big county there would be quite a few Cork GAA men that I would have little knowledge about. Can you fill me in on these 3 lads?

orangeman

Quote from: tyronefan on March 13, 2009, 08:59:23 PM
dont think that would have been to much to ask for they dont seem to have any problem getting to the press when it suits them

Didnt think they could get much lower after not attending the funeral but as reillers says  we really dont know these kind and decent players.  (Thank God)
Colm will have a piece on it shortly I'd imagine. He was good at sending out the messages out for them all along.