McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Sure sleep on it Reillers, you'll come up with something in the morning and have gaa and zulu to help you. Only thing is you'll have to tweak that mantra slightly.

Best of luck.

And by the way, wherever you're going tomorrow, watch out for the twists in the road.

Bud Wiser

QuoteThe county board, well frank murphy will never let donal o grady near the cork team again as long as he can help it.

Well it is not the white collar hurlers fault O'grady did not get the job.  Just listen to the RTE news.
It went to a vote and Considine got more votes than O'Grady.

But here is the crucial bit:  Before the vote was taken the 2008 panel made a statement through their spokesman John Gardiner that they would prefer if O'Grady was elected.   Assholes, idiots.  Where does that leave Considine BEFORE he even starts?  They didn't want him, they wanted O'Grady and now Considine has to work under that shadow of his ability being questioned before he even puts down a training cone.

Now Reillers, please don't come on here today spouting out of you that we all hate the Cork 2008 team.  I would not use the word HATE but I will say that from a personal point of view, I dislike the Cork 2008 team and firstly, before you start ranting, I have every right to dislike them, and dislike them in proportion to the amount of arrogance they spew out on a daily basis.  If they were as good at raising flags as they are at raising issues that does not concern them they would be better off, but then, what is better off in Cork? Ten grand a year, twenty, forty, a hundred?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

heffo

So what exactly happened tonight for you to state "Here we are yet again back to where we started."?
[/quote]

Oh so it's back to being civil. Civil when you want to know info, when you get it it's back to insulting again right.
[/quote]

Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 01:36:03 AM
Quote from: dowling on March 13, 2009, 01:32:19 AM
Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 01:10:43 AM
Quote from: tyronefan on March 12, 2009, 10:56:16 PM
john considine new manager   just announced on rte

Would have prefered Donal O Grady myself but there wasn't a chance in hell the Cb were going to bring him back.

Considine and co in charge for the League games, he's had a terrible record, wouldn't have been my first pick at all.

Donal O'Grady would have been the better choice but no doubt seen as too close to the players for the liking of the CCB.

Here we are yet again back to where we started.

The delegates are now on a lead from their clubs and it's clear now that they will make things as hard as they possibly can for the players and when it comes to decisions like Considine or O Grady, they will vote for whichever the players were prefer least.

Was it a secret ballot? No?

So absolutely nothing has changed and all the on-off strikers have achieved is the blackguarding of a Cork hurling legend.

The neck of the professionals that they would release a statement advising delegates of their candidate of choice.

Will Considine have the courage to try and give Donal Og any coaching pointers? We all seen what happened to the last fella who tried that..

johnneycool

Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 01:53:40 AM
The county board, well frank murphy will never let donal o grady near the cork team again as long as he can help it. It doesn't matter how well cork could do under him. Fm would rather cork lost every match under someone like considine them win them all with o grady. What i meant about the delegates was that now that the clubs have jess freedom now but will get away with voting against o grady and don't kid yourself dowling you're not always civil. Well at least i hope that's not you being civil anyway.

So why don't the 2008 squad stay out on strike until Frank is removed if they feel so strongly about it?

Quote from: INDIANA on March 12, 2009, 10:59:45 PM
At a meeting of the Cork County Board tonight, delegates voted to appoint Under-21 boss John Considine and his selection team as the Cork senior hurling interim management.

In a secret ballot, delegates voted by 77 to 39 in favour of the Under-21 management ahead of former senior boss Donal O'Grady for a maximum of two games.

Two people abstained from voting, while there were three spoiled ballots.

However, it is as yet unclear if the Under-21 management are interested in taking over the senior hurlers in a caretaker capacity.

In a forty-minute discussion, delegates considered the composition of a committee to appoint Gerald McCarthy's permanent successor.

Why would you take a vote on a manager when you aren't even sure if he wants the job? Has Donal O'Grady stated that he'd wanted the job temporarily or otherwise?

Did the clubs get a chance to tell their delegates how to vote?

I can see Cork CB meetings going the way of a Eurovision song contest with the clubs giving their votes over a video link

::)

INDIANA

John Gardiner that they would prefer if O'Grady was elected

There is no point in Considine taking office then, absolutely none. Position is already untenable.
I didn't realise it was only interim- after that statement I'd give it till the end of the league.

the Deel Rover

so will the 2008 panel be happy with Considine looks like their not going to be off to a great start if thats whar Gardiner said before the vote . I have stayed out of this thread because a lot of stuff here is just been rehashed the whole time but i did ask a question a few months ago,  if the players did not want to play under Mc Carthy who would they be happy to play under ? i have looked for any replies to that but i can't find any. At the end of the day i think that thats all this strike was over they might let on that they were fighting for the future of cork hurling however imo they were just trying to take care of themselves they wanted their own man installed. The players have been going on that Mc Carthy was the problem , Frank Murphy is the problem everyone one is a problem bar the players themselves their bluff has now been called at this stage, The players said that Mc Carthy  was the stumbling block between them going back training with cork well he has been removed, so let them shit now or get off the pot either get back training with the new regime or feck off .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The GAA

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2009, 05:39:14 PM
Maybe players for Cork shouldn't wear the red jersies the county board forces them to wear. FFS.

right

The GAA

At least the thing is moving forward. Very important that the right people are put on the selection committee for the full time manager but i'm not sure how that is going to be achieved. i believe that if the clubs were allowed a right of discussion and enabled to mandate their delegates they'd have opted for O'Grady, who is rightly held in very high esteem.

The real issue is Murphy and co here. they should be removed before there is any talk of a permenant appointment

AZOffaly

This is beginning to look like they'll just coast along now. The clubs need to keep going here.

The GAA

Yeah, i'd be very worried about that. Like it or not the process of appointment of considine - wihich is fine on a temporary basis - is a throwback to old frank and the boys. the clubs need to take action now to reform the county board and refuse to accept a permenant appointment until that is complete and a proper and accountable process is in place

RedandGreenSniper

The 08 players issuing a statement saying that they would prefer O'grady over COnsidine is a disgrace, a complete and utter disgrace. Its goes against what they've been saying - that they don't want to pick the manager. It makes Considine's position next to impossible and is another example of them trying to pick the manager, something they've tried to deny.

Surely the pro players lads, Reillers, GAA and Zulu have to accept this?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

magpie seanie

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 13, 2009, 10:37:08 AM
Quote from: The GAA on March 13, 2009, 10:17:17 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2009, 05:39:14 PM
Maybe players for Cork shouldn't wear the red jersies the county board forces them to wear. FFS.

right

???

???

Seanie, don't bother with that fool. If he doesn;t agree with you, he just dismisses you.

The GAA

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 13, 2009, 10:33:24 AM
The 08 players issuing a statement saying that they would prefer O'grady over COnsidine is a disgrace, a complete and utter disgrace. Its goes against what they've been saying - that they don't want to pick the manager. It makes Considine's position next to impossible and is another example of them trying to pick the manager, something they've tried to deny.

Did they issue a statement saying that? Out of order if they did in my book

INDIANA

Quote from: The GAA on March 13, 2009, 10:26:57 AM

At least the thing is moving forward. Very important that the right people are put on the selection committee for the full time manager but i'm not sure how that is going to be achieved. i believe that if the clubs were allowed a right of discussion and enabled to mandate their delegates they'd have opted for O'Grady, who is rightly held in very high esteem.

The real issue is Murphy and co here. they should be removed before there is any talk of a permenant appointment
Quote from: The GAA on March 13, 2009, 10:44:39 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 13, 2009, 10:33:24 AM

Did they issue a statement saying that? Out of order if they did in my book

They spoke before the vote was taken at the meeting and said they would prefer O Grady apparently. Like do they have any PR skills whatsoever.