McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 01:10:43 AM
Quote from: tyronefan on March 12, 2009, 10:56:16 PM
john considine new manager   just announced on rte

Would have prefered Donal O Grady myself but there wasn't a chance in hell the Cb were going to bring him back.

Considine and co in charge for the League games, he's had a terrible record, wouldn't have been my first pick at all.

Donal O'Grady would have been the better choice but no doubt seen as too close to the players for the liking of the CCB.

Here we are yet again back to where we started.

The delegates are now on a lead from their clubs and it's clear now that they will make things as hard as they possibly can for the players and when it comes to decisions like Considine or O Grady, they will vote for whichever the players were prefer least.

Here we go again, Considine is usless. Frank is at his tricks again. So is this another strike reillers, you might know because I would guess you're pretty close to the (still) 2008 panel and may have an insight.

Now I know they're not you words but that is the implication of them.

The (still) 2008 panel might have picked OGrady but remember they don't want to pick the manager, only have a voice.

I wonder if the views of the present Cork county hurlers were considered in this decision.

dowling

Would have prefered Donal O Grady myself but there wasn't a chance in hell the Cb were going to bring him back.

Considine and co in charge for the League games, he's had a terrible record, wouldn't have been my first pick at all.

Donal O'Grady would have been the better choice but no doubt seen as too close to the players for the liking of the CCB.

The delegates are now on a lead from their clubs and it's clear now that they will make things as hard as they possibly can for the players and when it comes to decisions like Considine or O Grady, they will vote for whichever the players were prefer least.

So what exactly happened tonight for you to state "Here we are yet again back to where we started."?

dowling

Had to highlight that. What exactly does that mean?

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on March 13, 2009, 01:28:35 AM

Here we go again, Considine is usless. Frank is at his tricks again. So is this another strike reillers, you might know because I would guess you're pretty close to the (still) 2008 panel and may have an insight.

The (still) 2008 panel might have picked OGrady but remember they don't want to pick the manager, only have a voice.

I wonder if the views of the present Cork county hurlers were considered in this decision.

Clueless again Dowling the playes said not so long ago that they wouldn't mind working with him. It's his selectors that are a disaster more then he is, all CB men. Hey at least it leaves the pathetic running of the CB on the table with that decision, if they had put O Grady in it would have all went away.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on March 13, 2009, 01:32:19 AM

So what exactly happened tonight for you to state "Here we are yet again back to where we started."?

Oh so it's back to being civil. Civil when you want to know info, when you get it it's back to insulting again right.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 01:35:11 AM
Quote from: dowling on March 13, 2009, 01:28:35 AM

Clueless again Dowling the playes said not so long ago that they wouldn't mind working with him. It's his selectors that are a disaster more then he is, all CB men. Hey at least it leaves the pathetic running of the CB on the table with that decision, if they had put O Grady in it would have all went away.
[/b]

Was everything not put into the hands of the clubs? Were the club delegates not representing the clubs and had the clubs not sorted their delegates out?

Do you think we are in for another strike?

Or that at least one is possible?

youngfella

Morning Reillers old boy. Hows it going?

Not in favour of John Considine as manager, not to worry hes only a stop gap boyo like avram grant.

who would you like to see get the job for summer time? Who would have the support of all the players?
Pull hard and early

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 01:36:03 AM
Quote from: dowling on March 13, 2009, 01:32:19 AM

Oh so it's back to being civil. Civil when you want to know info, when you get it it's back to insulting again right.
[/b]

Reillers I'm always civil, if you take my posts to be otherwise you're looking for something which isn't there.

I have plenty of sources for information ta and wasn't looking any there which I'm quite sure you know. I only asked your opinion.

Galwaybhoy

Excuses ready for a future strike?

Reillers

The county board, well frank murphy will never let donal o grady near the cork team again as long as he can help it. It doesn't matter how well cork could do under him. Fm would rather cork lost every match under someone like considine them win them all with o grady. What i meant about the delegates was that now that the clubs have jess freedom now but will get away with voting against o grady and don't kid yourself dowling you're not always civil. Well at least i hope that's not you being civil anyway.

dowling

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 13, 2009, 01:47:32 AM

[/b]

Isn't it looking that way Galwaybhoy?

And where has Reillers gone? To contact Donal og perhaps for clarity?

Maybe he can't find him hiding behind the other 20 odd of the (still) 2008 panel.

dowling

Quote from: dowling on March 13, 2009, 01:57:05 AM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 13, 2009, 01:47:32 AM

[/b]

Isn't it looking that way Galwaybhoy?

And where has Reillers gone? To contact Donal og perhaps for clarity?

Maybe he can't find him hiding behind the other 20 odd of the (still) 2008 panel.

Looks like he got a hold of Donal og

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 01:53:40 AM
The county board, well frank murphy will never let donal o grady near the cork team again as long as he can help it. It doesn't matter how well cork could do under him. Fm would rather cork lost every match under someone like considine them win them all with o grady. What i meant about the delegates was that now that the clubs have jess freedom now but will get away with voting against o grady and don't kid yourself dowling you're not always civil. Well at least i hope that's not you being civil anyway.

Quote me one word or line of abuse I've directed at you or anyone else on this site. Or maybe you would find difficulty in going through so many pages.

dowling

dowling

Here's a point reillers. There's no doubt that six or seven, at least, of the present Cork panel are worthy of their places if a new panel is set up. What then happens to the six or seven of the (still) 2008 panel who lose out? Do they say, " well we put up a good fight and we lost our places, that's the way it goes", or do they say "what the feck did we do that for? We've just lost our places on the county panel and we would still maybe be there if a couple of people hadn't called a strike and insisted on our support?"