McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Quotenot a chance. What's the point in giving credence to fairy stories?

You are going down a slippery slope now, your own senior respected clubmen being accused of spreading fairy stories.  Obviously I can't name him in case he gets shot.

Now, let's make the questiuon a little more simple for you, even Reillers can have a crack at it.

Do you think that it would be right if an approach was made to a high profile player to endorse a particular product and in return for doing so he got 40,000 and a further 160,000 was split between the rest of the panel without one red cent going to the county board. ?  Forget about accusing your clubmates of telling lies or spreading fairy tales, just tell me would you approve of large sponsorships going to individual players based on the figures I have quoted, if it has happened, if it is going to happen or if it is likely to happen -  yes or no?  Good man. Thanks.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

Sing ot the tune of It's a long, long way from Clare to here -

CHORUS :

" It's a long, long way from Reillersland to here...
ohhhhh,  it's a long, long way and it gets more lucrative by the day......... "

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 12:07:44 PM
Quote from: bingobus on March 12, 2009, 11:07:24 AM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 10:53:55 AM

The post is irrelevent to the genisis, the actual issues and the current state of this saga.
it's simply another of bud's gpa conspiracy theories which he has tried at several junctures (along with dowling) to hjck this thread with

It is far from irrelevant. Do you deny that the Powerade sponsorship was ever pulled?

What has that got to do with the ongoing malpractice at count exectutive level and the actions the cork hurlers took to highlight it?

Well off the top of head one of the issues was that the CCB had very weak structures in place regarding Development of facilities and underage teams.
If this major inflow of funds was available to them, then maybe they could go some lenght to addressing them.

You don't seem to be able to see where we are coming from. The ongoing malpractice will continue in Cork but the issues behind this will re-occur around the country.

INDIANA

Applications wanted for Manager of Cork Senior Hurling Team

Attributes required:
1. Must be experienced and diplomatic (A PHD in political science preferred)
2. Must not have any relations called Frank.
3. Must be prepared to bow to the will of the people. (all 15 of them!)
4. Must be prepared to "get lost" at a whim
5. Must be a good listener at half-time. The team will decide on tactics.
6. Must be able to take the flak at full-time, if the teams' tactics fail.
7. Ability to make tea, wash boots, put up the nets would be useful.
8. Any new additions to the squad must be approved. (Unanimity not required, 14 votes out of 15 will be sufficient)
0.  Finally, an Inter-County track record or All-Ireland medals are not important. This team does not need any of that type of expertise - we already know that stuff.

Please send all applications to Cork Senior Hurling Squad, Cork.  We reserve the right to reply or not, depending on our mood.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on March 10, 2009, 10:48:52 AM

well you and i can only speak for ourselves and i've never changed my stance from the start.
nor have the players i believe
[/b]

What a bitter, bitter disappointment !

The GAA

Quote from: sligeach on March 12, 2009, 12:22:43 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 12, 2009, 09:55:48 AM
Here is a rule for you Nicky.  If a senior intercounty team issue a statement that they are going on strike they should within 24 hrs get a registered letter suspending them from the championship and League for two years.  Why?  I am glad to see Dublin Hurling on the rise but according to Reillers and the Shoppers down in Cork  and the papers the Dub's only played a junior c team. They gained points in the league while Clare have now to play the professionals to try and get the same number of points.  When teams go on strike they upset the entire country and Cork knew that before they started.  What happens if the lower teams that got points for nothing and teams that should be in the first division are relegated?  Whose gate receipts, in turn, icome and in turn money required for clubs have Cork affected then? The team that plays Clare should be the team that played Dublin or no team.  Jesus what I would give to be in Nicky Brennans chair today, I would put manners on these f**kers I tell you. !!

Well said!

Oh right - so nicky brennan should be picking the cork hurling team?

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on March 12, 2009, 12:32:19 PM

Attributes required:
8. Any new additions to the squad must be approved. (Unanimity not required, 14 votes out of 15 will be sufficient)
0.  Finally, an Inter-County track record or All-Ireland medals are not important. This team does not need any of that type of expertise - we already know that stuff.

Please send all applications to Cork Senior Hurling Squad, Cork.  We reserve the right to reply or not, depending on our mood.

This is another criteria taken from another thread :

11. No one with the names Teddy and / or Mc carthy in their names are allowed to manage Cork - period.

The GAA

Quote from: bingobus on March 12, 2009, 12:31:43 PM

The post is irrelevent to the genisis, the actual issues and the current state of this saga.
it's simply another of bud's gpa conspiracy theories which he has tried at several junctures (along with dowling) to hjck this thread with

It is far from irrelevant. Do you deny that the Powerade sponsorship was ever pulled?

What has that got to do with the ongoing malpractice at count exectutive level and the actions the cork hurlers took to highlight it?

Well off the top of head one of the issues was that the CCB had very weak structures in place regarding Development of facilities and underage teams.
If this major inflow of funds was available to them, then maybe they could go some lenght to addressing them.

You don't seem to be able to see where we are coming from. The ongoing malpractice will continue in Cork but the issues behind this will re-occur around the country.

Not if the players follow their path to conclusion through the clubs

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 12:36:42 PM

You don't seem to be able to see where we are coming from. The ongoing malpractice will continue in Cork  but the issues behind this will re-occur around the country.

From listening to Sean Og they have reached their end of the path. They will leave it to the clubs to seek change and their track record wouldn't fill me with confidence or hope.

Also, you choose to ignore most of the post or is this fairytale?

Bud Wiser

QuoteIf there's particular players you don't like their views on for gpa reasons away from this row then admit it rather than being hypocrites and blowing smoke around the real issue in this dispute

There is no point in telling us to go away or dismiss us.  I have the paper out in the bin and I will go out now and pull it out.  It was Gerald McCarthy who mentioned about the 450,000 (almost half a million) in sponsorship that the county board were done out of.  I have not seen one player yet, anywhere, paper or at any of the Adidas attired press conferences come out and say they want to dissasociate themselves from comments that they received large sums of money in personal sponsorship deals.   I never mentioned the GPA in any thread. Reason?  I think thge GPA influence has got to a stage where they don't have to be involved or be seen to be involved, the stage has been set.

Now, I don't know about you or your Cork mates but if it was me and I was accused of accepting large sums of money that was supposedly given to me and that thuis was complete "horseshit" as you call it the first thing I would do, and it would be no bother to the people concerned to do it, is call a press conference and have the "alleged" sponsor present to confirm that I did not receive any direct sponsorship.

Like I said, I have no problem with the odd thousand here or there or a car that is won under the All-Stars awards but I would have a problem with large amounts because when there are half million deals doing the rounds in direct sponsorship it will lead to more of the Klu Klork Klan type that contacted Gerald McCarthy's family.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

heffo

Quote from: heffo on March 12, 2009, 12:21:17 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 12:06:01 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 12, 2009, 10:56:00 AM
care to respond to them hypothecically then?

not a chance. What's the point in giving credence to fairy stories?

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2008/10/23/story75467.asp

Michael Moynihan from the Examiner who has been on the receiving end of many's an exclusive the on-off strikers reported the matter as such:

"before the Dublin-Cork qualifier game. Eagle-eyed observers at that match in Pairc Ui Chaoimh might have noticed some frantic activity near one goal before the teams emerged, when a crate of Powerade was thrown up onto the City End terrace.

The background? Lost in the controversy of last year's strike was news that the county board's lucrative deal with Coca-Cola had fallen through. Coca-Cola manufacture Powerade but the Cork senior hurlers resisted its introduction, backing the Gaelic Players Assocation-endorsed Club Energise instead."

------------

Fairy stories indeed..

Unofficial on-off strikers spokesman Kieran Shannon described the 'fairy stories' as follows:

http://www.tribune.ie/archive/article/2007/nov/18/cork-board-struggle-to-let-past-go/

"The players would only be seen with Club Energise. It was that much of a principle to the lads, to the group, " says one player. "If a Powerade or Coca-Cola bottle was slipped onto the field, even if it was in the middle of an All Ireland final, the lads said we'd be right down the tunnel." It didn't come to that, but Coca-Cola have severed all dealings with the board and are now considering legal action for the lack of value their sponsorship received during the year."

-------------

I'd love to hear a comment on this topic from you GAA - if you're finished wiping the egg from your face, would you at the very least edit your description of the issue as 'fairy stories'?

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on March 12, 2009, 12:36:22 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 12, 2009, 12:32:19 PM

Attributes required:

This is another criteria taken from another thread :

11. No one with the names Teddy and / or Mc carthy in their names are allowed to manage Cork - period.

Keep patting yourselves on the back with your irrelevent little jokes there lads.

The reality is that the players have finally shook the masses in cork to life to address years of malpractice froma tiny core of the county executive.
they have done so through personal attacks, petty stone throwing and constant attempts to change the argument.

they have achieved a first goal of reversing the straw that broke the camel's back and now hopefully they will finish the job with the clubs.

This end game shuld have been sought years ago by the clubs but at least its coming now.

Bud Wiser

Gaa ?   Should have gone to specsavers?  Did you see this question.  Is it still too difficult to answer?
QuoteDo you think that it would be right if an approach was made to a high profile player to endorse a particular product and in return for doing so he got 40,000 and a further 160,000 was split between the rest of the panel without one red cent going to the county board. ?  Forget about accusing your clubmates of telling lies or spreading fairy tales, just tell me would you approve of large sponsorships going to individual players based on the figures I have quoted, if it has happened, if it is going to happen or if it is likely to happen -  yes or no?  Good man. Thanks.

EDIT:
As a matter of fact the answer to this question by you will condense all the opinions in this entire thread into one accurate interpretation of exactly what is going on in Cork and what this whole thing is about.  I am waiting ?

The GAA

Quote from: bingobus on March 12, 2009, 12:39:27 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 12, 2009, 12:36:42 PM

You don't seem to be able to see where we are coming from. The ongoing malpractice will continue in Cork  but the issues behind this will re-occur around the country.

From listening to Sean Og they have reached their end of the path. They will leave it to the clubs to seek change and their track record wouldn't fill me with confidence or hope.

Also, you choose to ignore most of the post or is this fairytale?

I don't know anything about this revenue stream for ccb and wouln't be comfortable basing an argument around rumour. certainly they have a responsibility to develop facilities and structures and if they are pinning 30 years of neglect in these areas to one lost sponsorship deal (allegedly) then they are papering over the cracks.

The GAA

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 12, 2009, 12:47:14 PM
Gaa ?   Should have gone to specsavers?  Did you see this question.  Is it still too difficult to answer?
QuoteDo you think that it would be right if an approach was made to a high profile player to endorse a particular product and in return for doing so he got 40,000 and a further 160,000 was split between the rest of the panel without one red cent going to the county board. ?  Forget about accusing your clubmates of telling lies or spreading fairy tales, just tell me would you approve of large sponsorships going to individual players based on the figures I have quoted, if it has happened, if it is going to happen or if it is likely to happen -  yes or no?  Good man. Thanks.

In theory - yes, absolutely no problem with that.

while we're asking questions -

which "clubmates" have i accusedof telling lies?

good man