McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: anglocelt39 on March 11, 2009, 07:42:02 PM
FM can't be removed eh? A visit round to his house perhaps? A quiet word in the ear of one or two family members?? Seemed to work with Ger Mc.

Maybe, just maybe one of the main reason he stepped down was because oh I don't know 100% of the clubs that voted voted against him, wanted him to step down.

orangeman

REILLER'S LIES :
Also not true, something which the players denied. It was also removed by RTE.

They in case you forget put back the meeting of the clubs because of the death because it was irrespectful.  They paid their respects but felt it wouldn't be appropirate to go.

There is a reason you didn't hear it, because it's not true.

REALREBEL'S FACT :

reillers
that post bout a lot of them at the removal and thev players contacting ger
is total lies
5 players turned up to the removal 1 player contacted gerald by phone and this player was already at the removal
he was telling him he couldnt go to the funeral
fact is no other player contacted gerald

You've been well caught - as I said don't bother PMing me - don't want to hear any more of your lies - I suppose this is just being sensationalist just like the media and the threats ????

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 07:47:17 PM
REILLER'S LIES :
Also not true, something which the players denied. It was also removed by RTE.

They in case you forget put back the meeting of the clubs because of the death because it was irrespectful.  They paid their respects but felt it wouldn't be appropirate to go.

There is a reason you didn't hear it, because it's not true.

REALREBEL'S FACT :

reillers
that post bout a lot of them at the removal and thev players contacting ger
is total lies
5 players turned up to the removal 1 player contacted gerald by phone and this player was already at the removal
he was telling him he couldnt go to the funeral
fact is no other player contacted gerald

You've been well caught - as I said don't bother PMing me - don't want to hear any more of your lies - I suppose this is just being sensationalist just like the media and the threats ????
I don't know why you think the first bit is lies.

You said that none were there, you said was a dirty rotten lie.
I was told a lot were there, apparently it's 5 according to Realrebel who I believe more then more source. But how is me getting a number off by one or two to be lies OM?

realrebel

did anybody hear the tipp manager is gone now after a few players wanted change
is this right?

reillers u said a lot of players 5 does not mean a lot out of 30
anyway if cork dont win a all ireland this year are the players going to be looking at the managers head
because thats what the players were saying they won things every year till gerald took over
are they gonna get the new fella sacked if they dont win anything

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on March 11, 2009, 07:57:21 PM
is this right?

anyway if cork dont win a all ireland this year are the players going to be looking at the managers head
because thats what the players were saying they won things every year till gerald took over

I was told a lot, I wasn't told a number, admittidly you'd know more about that. It's what I was told and I had no reason to think otherwise seeing as that source has been pretty solid for me. Maybe the terminolgy was wrong on his side.

milltown row

either way the discussion is over McCarthy has been ousted by player power. who'd want to take the job in Cork? really boring stuff. McCarthy, a loyal servant to Cork hurling over the years has had a terrible time by people who have it in for the county board. shame on the players involved.  The current squad should finish the season off as they have put the work in.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 08:01:36 PM
is this right?

I was told a lot

How many times are you going to copy and paste info from PROC, claim it as gospel and when we continually point out that it's incorrect just shrug your shoulders and say 'thats the info I got...'...

Zulu

Quote from: dowling on March 11, 2009, 01:27:32 AM
Quote from: Zulu on March 10, 2009, 09:08:03 PM
QuoteIt was pointed out that the several meetings taking place had no offical standing within the structure of the GAA and the decisions reached came on the back of emotional blackmail of the county, also outside the structure of the GAA. When achieving a result by unconstitutional means that is 'mob rule'. Now you might not like that but by definition that's what it is. There is ample procedure within GAA structures to address and change anything.

What does offical standing mean? The clubs of the county got together and held meetings in which their members freely expressed their opinion and that opinion was in favour of the palyers, now you may not like that but that is democracy at work. What has happened is unfortunate but the will of the Cork public was expressed by clear and unambigous means. Lads those of you trying to paint this as undemocratic have lost all credibility, the one thing it was was democratic. Anyway the decision has been made so all this arguing is pure waffle, if you boys want to call it 'mob rule' go on ahead, me, I think I'll wait and see how this pans out and hopefully Cork GAA folk will be able to put this behind them and move on. I've a feeling they will and you won't have to wait too long before they are winning AI's in both codes.

Care to reappraise that now Zulu?

Reappraise what? The clubs have spoken and the players are back for selection, clearly some of you are so appalled at 'player power' succeeding that you have every intention of dragging this thread out for another 100 pages bithching about every minutae of anything said or anything Reillers posts.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 11, 2009, 08:25:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 08:01:36 PM
is this right?

I was told a lot

How many times are you going to copy and paste info from PROC, claim it as gospel and when we continually point out that it's incorrect just shrug your shoulders and say 'thats the info I got...'...

It's the info I got from someone who was there. That is why I had no reason to second guess him.
Of course the dramatics of this is over the top yet again.

And yet again asumptions from you Heffo with no backing. But that's how you do it. Attack, attack, attack with no proof or backing and then disapeer again when asked for an answer.

orangeman

It's the info I got from someone who was there

Your mate is telling lies as well.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 08:35:47 PM

Excuse me, you don't know him, what gives you the right.
You were the one who called me a blatant dirty liar for saying there were players at the removal. Oh you ran and hid from that.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 08:37:50 PM

You were the one who called me a blatant dirty liar for saying there were players at the removal. Oh you ran and hid from that.

So he's the liar and you're not ?

heffo

You were the one who called me a blatant dirty liar for saying there were players at the removal.

You didn't say there were players at the removal - you said there were a lot of the 200 strikers at the removal - you can flip-flopped again and claimed there were in fact five out of thirty players at the funeral

heffo

It's not Bobby is it? He was there AFAIK...

orangeman

It must be shell shock after Sean Og's let down today. Frank is not the problem after all - never was in fact ! It's left you very incoherent and looking very foolish.