McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 11, 2009, 07:15:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 07:06:17 PM
Ye really will criticize the players over anything.
First it's challenging Frank and the board, now it's that they wont. Ye're a joke. What next.

We're a joke?  What about the players who only a few days ago were so against Murphy and are now willing to work with him!  Was it not you yourself Reillers that stated McCarthy was only a "pawn", and that Murphy was the REAL problem.  You must feel very let down so now that your "hero's" are now going to work along side him again.

I think you'll find no one ever said that.
How stupid do you think they are.
McCarthy is a pawn, Murphy is the real problem. But the players can't do anymore then they've done. What do you expect them to do.
I love the way suddenly one second it's they are a disgrace doing this, and now it's they are a disgrace for not doing it.
Suddenly everyone cares surprise surprise.
Just another excuse to criticise.

Criticized for doing, criticized for not.

Reillers

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 11, 2009, 07:18:49 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 06:57:18 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 05:35:18 PM
They paid their respects but felt it wouldn't be appropirate to go.

I'm not letting you tell a blatant lie here Reillers cos that's what you just have told - tell us how how many "paid their respects" and how - how many went to the removal and how many were at the funeral, seeing as you brought it up -

PM me if you don't want to discuss this on the board.

But you've just told a downright lie.

Here is Gerald's statement : McCarthy said the final straw for him came when his father, who is in his mid 80s, pleaded with him to step down after the latest threat.

McCarthy said the ongoing threats and abuse he and his family have had to endure in recent weeks were "one of two tipping points" that have brought him to his decision.

He also claimed last night that "apparent advice" was given to the 2008 players not to attend the recent funeral of his mother, something he says "devastated his father and family".

Exactly "claimed last night that apparent advice was given to the 2008 players

Reillers who cares if they got advice to stay away or not!  The fact of the matter is that they did stay away, which was disrespectful.

A lot of them were at the removal, not mentioned, shock horror. They contacted Gerald also paying their respects. They also put back the meetings with the club.
Maybe just maybe they felt it wouldn't be right going to the funeral.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 07:18:05 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 11, 2009, 07:16:28 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 07:12:26 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 07:06:31 PM
Jesus, Sean Og fair tore strips off Frank there tonight on the news  - he says the 2008 panel will go and take a good long hard look at themselves but hopes that they can now get on with and play away even with FM as secretary.

So much for FM being the problem all along. The veil has well and truly slipped now and you lads that have been on here defending their honour have to be feeling very let down and deflated that the honest, decent saviours of Cork hurling were only interested in one thing at the end of the day : ME FEIN !!! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear !!
javascript:void(0);
The evidence is there for all to see now.

Over and out !!!!!!!!!!!

Are you stupid OM or do you just pretend to be for the craic to wind us up.

FM is the only one who remove FM from his job. He wrote his own contract. He is the sole reason for all of this but he can't be fired. They say they'll work with him if they have to but for Christ sake the entire county is hoping and praying that Cooney takes him with him which apparently he will.
What was he supposed to say?
After all of this and you still don't get it.
The players have done all they can short of telling Fm to leave which is something know one is stupid enough to do. They can't do any more, they can't force him out of the job.
The players have accomplished a hell of a lot in all of this despite what you may think. The clubs now have a voice, which they lacked for years. It's down to them now.

Really are you that stupid or do you just act that way on purpose?

I thought you said the clubs could remove him if they wanted?  ::)
They are the only ones who can put pressure on him and hope that he leaves.
Surely by now it's clear seeing as it's been said 1000 times by now that Fm litterally cannot be fired.

So in other words theres not much the clubs can do about it!  Which was my whole point about five pages back, that if Murphy was the MAIN problem (as you made out) then the players would strike until the bitter end until Murphy resigns.  But for the players Murphy wasn't the problem, McCarthy was.  Will other teams now see what the Cork gang have done here and go on strike everytime a manager they don't like is appointed.  Maybe we will see Galway go on strike next to get rid of McIntyre after his comments at the weekend.  Then followed by Clare, Wexford etc.  I'll say it again, players should have NO Choice in who is appointed manager.  Could you imagine this happening in any other sport!

orangeman

A definite referral should be made for the early onset of dementia here !!!  

GALWAYBAY BHOY
We're a joke?  What about the players who only a few days ago were so against Murphy and are now willing to work with him!  Was it not you yourself Reillers that stated McCarthy was only a "pawn", and that Murphy was the REAL problem.  You must feel very let down so now that your "hero's" are now going to work along side him again.

REILLERS :

McCarthy is a pawn, Murphy is the real problem. But the players can't do anymore then they've done

??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::)

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 07:23:26 PM

I'm not letting you tell a blatant lie here Reillers cos that's what you just have told - tell us how how many "paid their respects" and how - how many went to the removal and how many were at the funeral, seeing as you brought it up -

Here is Gerald's statement : McCarthy said the final straw for him came when his father, who is in his mid 80s, pleaded with him to step down after the latest threat.

McCarthy said the ongoing threats and abuse he and his family have had to endure in recent weeks were "one of two tipping points" that have brought him to his decision.

He also claimed last night that "apparent advice" was given to the 2008 players not to attend the recent funeral of his mother, something he says "devastated his father and family".

Reillers who cares if they got advice to stay away or not!  The fact of the matter is that they did stay away, which was disrespectful.

A lot of them were at the removal, not mentioned, shock horror. They contacted Gerald also paying their respects. They also put back the meetings with the club.

Yes I already mentioned the ones that did turn up and said fair play to them for doing the right thing, its the rest I was disapointed with.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 07:27:09 PM
A definite referral should be made for the early onset of dementia here !!!  

GALWAYBAY BHOY

REILLERS :

McCarthy is a pawn, Murphy is the real problem. But the players can't do anymore then they've done

??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::)

;D

orangeman

A lot of them were at the removal, not mentioned, shock horror. They contacted Gerald also paying their respects

That's another downright, dirty, rotten lie : They wouldn't even stand in the same room as his ! Remember ????  

Again just PM me as I'd prefer to keep this private -

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 07:30:12 PM
A lot of them were at the removal, not mentioned, shock horror. They contacted Gerald also paying their respects

That's another downright, dirty, rotten lie : They wouldn't even stand in the same room as his ! Remember ????  

Again just PM me as I'd prefer to keep this private -

Excuse me, you have no evidence at all to prove otherwise, they were at it.

Reillers

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 11, 2009, 07:27:45 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 07:23:26 PM

Yes I already mentioned the ones that did turn up and said fair play to them for doing the right thing, its the rest I was disapointed with.

You ever think that they were sent as reps?

realrebel

reillers
that post bout a lot of them at the removal and thev players contacting ger
is total lies
5 players turned up to the removal 1 player contacted gerald by phone and this player was already at the removal
he was telling him he couldnt go to the funeral
fact is no other player contacted gerald

orangeman

You ever think that they were sent as reps?

You're being made to look very foolish indeed.  :D ;D

You've made a complete liar out of yourself.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on March 11, 2009, 07:34:42 PM
reillers
that post bout a lot of them at the removal and thev players contacting ger
is total lies
5 players turned up to the removal 1 player contacted gerald by phone and this player was already at the removal
he was telling him he couldnt go to the funeral
fact is no other player contacted gerald

I didn't say the entire team, I said some were at the removal, I was told a lot of them were but it 5 apparently is the number according to you, and I was told that players contacted him to let him no he and other wouldn't be able to make it, apparently that was only 1. Well that was my info anyway. I apologise that  my info is not rock solid.

orangeman

that post bout a lot of them at the removal and the players contacting ger
is total lies

There you go Reillers.Total lies. Caught.  You haven't PMed me - no need to now. You've done your best trying to defend these lads for the best part of 5 months - all in vain.

The veil has finally slipped - the truth has come out in the end, in spite of your attempts to tell another story. I'm sure you're disappointed that your heroes could do this to you. But shit happens.

Once they got the smell of the grass, they just couldn't wait to get back out again. Yes man O'Grady was on the radio this morning and he nearly creamed his pants when asked if he would take the job. So I'm sure the boys will be delighted with O'Grady - they'll get doing their own thing, he'll just wear the bainisteoir's bib. Donal and Sean will take care of the rest. Not much word of Frank now.

anglocelt39

FM can't be removed eh? A visit round to his house perhaps? A quiet word in the ear of one or two family members?? Seemed to work with Ger Mc.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 07:41:50 PM
that post bout a lot of them at the removal and the players contacting ger
is total lies

There you go Reillers.Total lies. Caught.  You haven't PMed me - no need to now. You've done your best trying to defend these lads for the best part of 5 months - all in vain.

The veil has finally slipped - the truth has come out in the end, in spite of your attempts to tell another story. I'm sure you're disappointed that your heroes could do this to you. But shit happens.

Once they got the smell of the grass, they just couldn't wait to get back out again. Yes man O'Grady was on the radio this morning and he nearly creamed his pants when asked if he would take the job. So I'm sure the boys will be delighted with O'Grady - they'll get doing their own thing, he'll just wear the bainisteoir's bib. Donal and Sean will take care of the rest. Not much word of Frank now.

Did you read the rest of his post OM. No thought not. Or my post for that matter, no thought not, you blatantly discarded it. You told me none of them were there and when I said some were there you told me I was lying.

Ha caught.  ::) ::)

Do you ignore everyones post and post what you like and pretend to see or is it just me.

Why would I PM you.