McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 04:43:06 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 11, 2009, 04:31:02 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 04:24:23 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 11, 2009, 04:21:28 PM
In spite of everything pro posters have written in this debate it still amazes me that they can argue over the threat made to Gerald McCarthy.
"He made his bed", "it's not really the CIRA", "it's not to be taken seriously", " it's nothing to do with the 2008 panel".

How low can you all go?

Playing down the threat, playing down the impact it may have. Not hard to do when it's someone else's family.

But I don't believe this simply a case, especially on Reillers part, of not knowing the impact of what they're writing. It's a case of trying to deflect away from the seriouness of this latest development of the 2008 panel's strike.

And it's directly linked to the strike and a consequence of the villification of Gerald McCarthy.

None of us could probably have predicted this happening but what some of us have predicted was the bitter consequences to what was taking place.
Others haven't cared what might come to pass and their attitude now underlines that.

There was only one course for Reillers, GAA and their like, to come on here and codemn what took place, call on the culprit/s to give themselves up and acknowledge things have gone too far and call on the 2008 panel to make a statement.

There's no argument here and don't try to kid the rest of us there is or deflect from what happened.

It still amazes me that you continue to take everything I say out of context completley to make me look bad.
Cop yourself on will ya ffs and read my posts.
How long are you going to continue to keep that up.

Make you look bad Reillers? You're doing alright on your own, you don't need my help.

Admit that you are blatantly taking things I say out of context.

Reillers stop trying to deflect what went on and how serious it is.
If you were genuinely concerned about it you would have condemned it outright without question and distanced yourself from the threat. None of which you or any other pro poster has done.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: dowling on March 11, 2009, 06:18:07 PM
RTE sport headline on news . 2008 panel ready, able and willing to work alonside Frank Murphy.

You couldn't write this stuff yourself.

So much for Murphy being the real problem and McCarthy only the "pawn"...

tyronefan

RTE sport headline on news . 2008 panel ready, able and willing to work alonside Frank Murphy.

these guys are a joke

orangeman

You couldn't write this stuff yourself.

Oops !!!!

Didn't get your PM Reillers - caught out again.

The GAA

Would one of you "fact dealers" - as indiana calls you - like to post a link to the article?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 05:35:18 PM
They paid their respects but felt it wouldn't be appropirate to go.

I'm not letting you tell a blatant lie here Reillers cos that's what you just have told - tell us how how many "paid their respects" and how - how many went to the removal and how many were at the funeral, seeing as you brought it up -

PM me if you don't want to discuss this on the board.

But you've just told a downright lie.

Here is Gerald's statement : McCarthy said the final straw for him came when his father, who is in his mid 80s, pleaded with him to step down after the latest threat.

McCarthy said the ongoing threats and abuse he and his family have had to endure in recent weeks were "one of two tipping points" that have brought him to his decision.

He also claimed last night that "apparent advice" was given to the 2008 players not to attend the recent funeral of his mother, something he says "devastated his father and family".

Exactly "claimed last night that apparent advice was given to the 2008 players

orangeman

Dress it up whatever way you like - they didn't go to the reovoal / wake / funeral of a man who had managed them for 2 years. They couldn't see fit to pay Gerald and his family any respect. That's the bottom line.

REILLERS :
They in case you forget put back the meeting of the clubs because of the death because it was irrespectful.  They paid their respects but felt it wouldn't be appropirate to go.
There is a reason you didn't hear it, because it's not true.

Do you want to tell us how ?

Again PM me if you don't want to put it up here. Thanks.

rrhf

When a terrible event happens there can often be great opportunity arising.  Now is the time for the munster council / central council to suspend the 30 strikers and the malfunctioning executive in Cork. A central council 48 week ban for bringing the association into disrepute for the whole shebang would not be wasted on them.  Another manager hung out to dry.  The only hope to get Cork back on the field is to disband the executive, suspend the players and appoint a new executive, who will appoint a new manager and allow the willing panel to particpate without prejudice and with breathing space and the unconditional support of the Cork people.  Any Cork player or committee member must sign up to a code of conduct and support for ther county.   A close supervision for a probationary period on all GAA county activity in Cork is needed to see how the systems have failed Cork or Cork has failed the system.  There can be lessons learned from this episode but their must be culpability determined.  Mr Cusack et al need to be aware of their responsibilities when mounting their type of campaign within communities.  Im not criticising the lad, hes younger than me, and tonight he may think he has won something, but to me as a victory its  pathetic, vindictive, its subservient and lacks values.  Less I know of Frank Murphy but if he has become positioned in an unassailable role as a high king (if ye would believe any of what reillers talks of) then the system has apointed a monarch and the GAA dosent need unaccountable heirarchy or anything close.  A  new manager cannot operate under current circumstances because he will either be owned by Murphy or Cusack or both.  These two personalities have both gave decent service, but their legacy will be this power struggle.  I for one am happy to forget about their contribution as it all seems so long ago and unrecognisale from their present behaviour.    The GAA top teams and tables can have no place for power mongering, for the dicatator, the money man and those who run their clandestine agendas within and against their fellow county members.  If these guys are allowed their roles  and the ongoing sacrifice of decent gaa servants like Mc Carthy and Holland and Teddy Mc Carthy are tolerated then Corks fcuked and in time the fungi will grow and spread up the country.  Thank Fcuk I live in the North.  

Reillers

Ye really will criticize the players over anything.
First it's challenging Frank and the board, now it's that they wont. Ye're a joke. What next.

orangeman

Jesus, Sean Og fair tore strips off Frank there tonight on the news  - he says the 2008 panel will go and take a good long hard look at themselves but hopes that they can now get on with and play away even with FM as secretary.

So much for FM being the problem all along. The veil has well and truly slipped now and you lads that have been on here defending their honour have to be feeling very let down and deflated that the honest, decent saviours of Cork hurling were only interested in one thing at the end of the day : ME FEIN !!! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear !!

The evidence is there for all to see now.

Over and out !!!!!!!!!!!

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 07:06:31 PM
Jesus, Sean Og fair tore strips off Frank there tonight on the news  - he says the 2008 panel will go and take a good long hard look at themselves but hopes that they can now get on with and play away even with FM as secretary.

So much for FM being the problem all along. The veil has well and truly slipped now and you lads that have been on here defending their honour have to be feeling very let down and deflated that the honest, decent saviours of Cork hurling were only interested in one thing at the end of the day : ME FEIN !!! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear !!

Over and out !!!!!!!!!!!

Are you stupid OM or do you just pretend to be for the craic to wind us up.

FM is the only one who remove FM from his job. He wrote his own contract. He is the sole reason for all of this but he can't be fired. They say they'll work with him if they have to but for Christ sake the entire county is hoping and praying that Cooney takes him with him which apparently he will.
What was he supposed to say? There is a good chance, because Frank is the only one who decides when he leaves, that the players will have to work with him and the last thing they want is him plotting behind their backs more so then now.
After all of this and you still don't get it.
The players have done all they can short of telling Fm to leave which is something know one is stupid enough to do. They can't do any more, they can't force him out of the job.
The players have accomplished a hell of a lot in all of this despite what you may think. The clubs now have a voice, which they lacked for years. It's down to them now.

Really are you that stupid or do you just act that way on purpose?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 07:06:17 PM
Ye really will criticize the players over anything.
First it's challenging Frank and the board, now it's that they wont. Ye're a joke. What next.

We're a joke?  What about the players who only a few days ago were so against Murphy and are now willing to work with him!  Was it not you yourself Reillers that stated McCarthy was only a "pawn", and that Murphy was the REAL problem.  You must feel very let down so now that your "hero's" are now going to work along side him again.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 07:12:26 PM

Over and out !!!!!!!!!!!

FM is the only one who remove FM from his job. He wrote his own contract. He is the sole reason for all of this but he can't be fired. They say they'll work with him if they have to but for Christ sake the entire county is hoping and praying that Cooney takes him with him which apparently he will.
What was he supposed to say?
The players have done all they can short of telling Fm to leave which is something know one is stupid enough to do. They can't do any more, they can't force him out of the job.
The players have accomplished a hell of a lot in all of this despite what you may think. The clubs now have a voice, which they lacked for years. It's down to them now.

I thought you said the clubs could remove him if they wanted?  ::)

Reillers

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 11, 2009, 07:16:28 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 07:12:26 PM

Over and out !!!!!!!!!!!

What was he supposed to say?

I thought you said the clubs could remove him if they wanted?  ::)
They are the only ones who can put pressure on him and hope that he leaves.
Surely by now it's clear seeing as it's been said 1000 times by now that Fm litterally cannot be fired.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 06:57:18 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 05:35:18 PM
They paid their respects but felt it wouldn't be appropirate to go.

I'm not letting you tell a blatant lie here Reillers cos that's what you just have told - tell us how how many "paid their respects" and how - how many went to the removal and how many were at the funeral, seeing as you brought it up -

PM me if you don't want to discuss this on the board.

But you've just told a downright lie.

Here is Gerald's statement : McCarthy said the final straw for him came when his father, who is in his mid 80s, pleaded with him to step down after the latest threat.

McCarthy said the ongoing threats and abuse he and his family have had to endure in recent weeks were "one of two tipping points" that have brought him to his decision.

He also claimed last night that "apparent advice" was given to the 2008 players not to attend the recent funeral of his mother, something he says "devastated his father and family".

Exactly "claimed last night that apparent advice was given to the 2008 players

Reillers who cares if they got advice to stay away or not!  The fact of the matter is that they did stay away, which was disrespectful.