McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on March 11, 2009, 10:28:45 AM
and will this be the end of the strike?

surely not. The issue was with the board, not McCarthy, right?

so the board will appoint a new manager to manage a lot of spotty imposters?

not the 08 panel. Because they stand firm by their convictions. And their problem is Frank Murphy, but he hadn't quit.

So the strike continues

right?

This is what I was thinking as well.  It seems McCarthy was the problem, but because McCarthy had done nothing wrong and players should NEVER be allowed to pick the manager and just so as to justify their actions they had to say Frank Murphy was the problem and McCarthy was just a "pawn".  Well if thats true then surely these players who stand so strongly by their believes that they were risking their careers for the betterment of Cork hurling will now continue on their strike until Murphy is gone.  I somehow doubt very much they will.  Like the majority of people in the country I'm disgusted by the players actions, and their "moving of the goalposts" when it suits them.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 12:51:41 PM
You try and explain that to your daughter who is in the house when she receives a death threat - describing it as being melodramatic and horseshit is like Reillers, making light of a very serious event.

Sure the family shouldn't have taken it seriously at all and if they had any sense or brain in their heads, they would have laughed it off !!!!! For God's sake Gerald, they didn't have a recognised code word - are you for real - the Garda wouldn't waste their time with this sort of thing - sure they get loads of these calls to GAA managers every day of the week ! Don't you know that it's an occupational hazard,especially in Cork ?? Tell the wee girl there to cop herself on and have a bit of sense !

READ MY POSTS OM.
I'd make it smaller but you don't seem to get it into your brain at that size.

I'll say it again.

I DO NOT CONDONE THESE THREATS.

I AM NOT DENYING THAT THEY HAPPENED.

GERALD DID NOT DESERVE IT. I DID SAY HE MADE HIS BED, MEANING HE PICKED HIS SIDE LONG AGO. THE RESULT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO FALL TO HIM OR TO THE PLAYERS. HE LOST. IT HAPPENS. AGAIN THIS ISN'T ME CONDONING THE THREATS HE RECIEVED.

I WAS JUST ASKING WHERE THE THREAT HIS DAUGHTER GOT CAME FROM, I DON'T REMEMBER IT IN HIS STATEMENT. THAT IS ALL I WANTED TO KNOW. APPARENTLY THAT ISN'T ALLOWED THOUGH.

THIS HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLAYERS. THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE ACTIONS. SO STOP TREATING THEM LIKE THEY ARE. THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THESE COMMENTS ARE SCUM AND NOT CORK FANS. THEY ARE OF A TINY MINORITY AND I DON'T KNOW A SINGLE PERSON WHO SAID ANYTHING OF
THE SORT.

Let me guess this reply is probably offensive and me "sinking to a new low."

HAVE I MADE IT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YE YET.

I strugle to see how ye will twist this post but ye have amazed me in the past, I'm sure it'll be a challenge.

I WILL NOT SAY IT AGAIN.

I HAVE MADE IT CRYSTAL CLEAR BUT YE GO ON ABUSING ME ANYONE, TWISTING MY WORDS AND TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT AND PROPORTION. I DO NOT CONDONE THE THREATS HE GOT. HE DID NOT DESERVE THEM. HOW CLEARER CAN I MAKE IT!!!!

The GAA

Murphy deliberately installed the one manager that the players had informed him they could not work with to antagonise them.

who would you say the problem was?

Reillers

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 11, 2009, 01:37:41 PM

not the 08 panel. Because they stand firm by their convictions. And their problem is Frank Murphy, but he hadn't quit.

So the strike continues

right?

This is what I was thinking as well.  It seems McCarthy was the problem, but because McCarthy had done nothing wrong and players should NEVER be allowed to pick the manager and just so as to justify their actions they had to say Frank Murphy was the problem and McCarthy was just a "pawn".  Well if thats true then surely these players who stand so strongly by their believes that they were risking their careers for the betterment of Cork hurling will now continue on their strike until Murphy is gone.  I somehow doubt very much they will.  Like the majority of people in the country I'm disgusted by the players actions, and their "moving of the goalposts" when it suits them.
Despite Skull trying to say otherwise, my opinion has always stayed the same. FM and the CB have always been the ones behind this. Gerald was the short term problem, just a pawn by the CB, used like he nothing more then that.
The players said that they'd return when McCarthy's gone.
The clubs have the power to get rid of the CB. There's not much more the players can do. Clubs need to handle club business themselves. The players can't do it all for them. The clubs are the only ones who can get rid of FM.
It's down to the clubs now, physically the players can do know more, the power is back in the hands of the clubs, it all depends on what they do.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 01:44:07 PM

So the strike continues

right?

Despit

How convenient.

Reillers

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 11, 2009, 01:47:41 PM

So the strike continues

right?

Despit

How convenient.

Yet again another one who just nit picks my post.
ALL ALONG from DAY 1 the players said they'd play when Gerald is gone. I don't know what the story is now because they haven't said.
But that was what they said at the start.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: The GAA on March 11, 2009, 01:41:07 PM
Murphy deliberately installed the one manager that the players had informed him they could not work with to antagonise them.

Well if Murphy is the problem then surely the players will continue to strike.

heffo

So the strike continues

right?

1. my opinion has always stayed the same.

2.Gerald was the short term problem.

3.The clubs have the power to get rid of the CB. The clubs are the only ones who can get rid of FM.

4.There's not much more the players can do.

1. Your opinion has flip-flopped so much over the course of this issue. In fact on several occassions you've gone from emphatically denying something to admitting it in the same sentence.

2. Gerarld was the short term problem? What next, the county board? After that the clubs? Will they setup their own hurling association not unlike the WWE - they can then charge admission and keep it all themselves - they can split the money the way they have been doing - the higher your media profile the bigger share you get - dare speak up against this and you'll be the one getting paramilitary threats

3. "The clubs have the power to get rid of the CB. The clubs are the only ones who can get rid of FM. " - You spent 300 pages on this topic telling me this was impossible - so I've been right all along have I?

4. "There's not much more the players can do" - Oh they've done more than enough..

The GAA

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 11, 2009, 01:58:38 PM

I think they should.

what do you think?

Reillers

Oh that's right Heffo, I forgot everythings the players fault.

magpie seanie

GBB - thanks for posting that article. Fair play to Liam Horan for calling it as it is.

heffo

Not unlike our friend Reillers, this bunch will flip-flop as it suits them - expect to see them back training in Pairc Ui Chaoimh by the weekend and running to Frank the next time Donal disagrees with the decision of the democratically appointed match official..

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on March 11, 2009, 01:59:35 PM

So the strike continues

right?

1. my opinion has always stayed the same.

2.Gerald was the short term problem.

3.The clubs have the power to get rid of the CB. The clubs are the only ones who can get rid of FM.

4.There's not much more the players can do.

1. Your opinion has flip-flopped so much over the course of this issue. In fact on several occassions you've gone from emphatically denying something to admitting it in the same sentence.

2. Gerarld was the short term problem? What next, the county board? After that the clubs? Will they setup their own hurling association not unlike the WWE - they can then charge admission and keep it all themselves - they can split the money the way they have been doing - the higher your media profile the bigger share you get - dare speak up against this and you'll be the one getting paramilitary threats

3. "The clubs have the power to get rid of the CB. The clubs are the only ones who can get rid of FM. " - You spent 300 pages on this topic telling me this was impossible - so I've been right all along have I?

4. "There's not much more the players can do" - Oh they've done more than enough..

Heffo -
By what means or actions could the cork players have addressed the cancer within cork gaa and maintained support from yourself?

magpie seanie

Quote from: heffo on March 11, 2009, 02:02:12 PM

Not unlike our friend Reillers, this bunch will flip-flop as it suits them - expect to see them back training in Pairc Ui Chaoimh by the weekend and running to Frank the next time Donal disagrees with the decision of the democratically appointed match official..

Nail on the head.