McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 10, 2009, 08:25:30 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 08:14:27 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2009, 08:04:35 PM
He is a legend of a player and didn't deserve the so called grief he got from "fans

Fans like yourself !!!!!!! You can include yourself in that. Marching round Cork and taking swings at Gerald, FM, the CB executive ( apart from Sully who has only been there 5 seconds  :D :D :D :D ) and all who dare to disagree with you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

You must be delighted tonight Reillers - crack open the champagne - Cork hurling has been saved - alright it took a few auld threats to a 63 year old man and his family to get there, but hey, all's fair in love and war - right ???

The journos, sure all of this is thanks to pressure from journos

Expect those sympathetic 'journos' to take their rightful in Caeser's Donal Og's court - exclusive's, biograhies etc will be shorn upon them..

Show me evidence to suggest that Donal Og is behind all of this because with the exception of ye, I don't think anyones ever said anything of the sort

Tbh I can't believe ye went with the writting biography excuse. Ye could have used something much more original.
Ye really have no respect for anyone.

Journos, fans, clubs, players, all have hidden agendas.
Journos sympathetic, only interested in writting players biographies.
f**k all respect for them I see, God forbid they're doing their jobs, but no, not at all, they only say what they are saying because they want to write players biographies. Like I said, zero respect for anyone who goes against the players.
Fans, well known hardcore fans, the best travelling and home support hurling fans in the country, well they are just seasonal, soccer like fans who know f**k all. No respect for them either.
Clubs, oh everyone in every club that has voted in favour of the players, hell they need to have a hidden agenda as well, sure they are ALL being led by a few players on a string, ye think that little of the clubs, ye've that little respect that ye think that they could be led by what, one or two players.
Oh wait no actually suddenly, they are all down for the mob way.
The players, oh, despite everything that has been said about them, oh no they've had the press in their pocket from the start, despite months of abuse which everyone has suddenly forgot about, all they need to do is go back a few hundred pages and you'll find people lecturing me on how the players lost the PR battle. And apparently with no evidence at all the players want world domination.
The CB is well run organisation, actually wait no, it's not, but it's the clubs fault.
Fm, the most undermining backhanded man you'll find in GAA, is suddenly poor ole FM, 65 OAP.

FFS.

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on March 10, 2009, 08:25:06 PM
The GAA people of Cork have made their decision in a democratic manner, time for people to accept this fact and move on.

I've asked the question five times already (am yet to receive an answer) - how was attendance at these meetings controlled to ensure that it was club Chairmen & Secretaries who attended and not just the same rent-a-crowd with an agenda going from club to club..

GalwayBayBoy

I stopped reading alot of the posts over the past few days but I find ironic that the posters who for so long talked about democracy now claim that it is in fact 'mob rule'. A good number of posters are showing their true colours here over these past few days, I hope I would have shown a lot more class had the clubs voted to support the CB, whatever about Reillers posts some longtime posters here have really let themselves down. The GAA people of Cork have made their decision in a democratic manner, time for people to accept this fact and move on.

The clubs vote means shag all IMO. They were never going to back the county board against the players they idolise. The members of the clubs are fans and all the fans want is to see all their heroes back playing for Cork again by whatever means neccessary and if that means getting rid of the manager then so be it. Doesn't mean a thing though in the grand scheme of things.

orangeman

They are cowards with no balls or backbone, there is no way in hell they had time to go back to their clubs, they are an absolute fuckin disgrace. And they think we'll take this lying down..

What exactly did you lads mean or have in mind Reillers ???

Gerald has been threatened with physical violence.

theskull1

Quote from: The GAA on March 10, 2009, 04:07:47 PM
Absolutely confident that sufficient (and more) genuine and capable volunteers will make themselves available.

I don't believe FM's uderhand and manpulative style was a necessary evil. That's a cop out - certainly a strong and efficient administrator (or 2) is needed in his role. i think there should be a review of the workings of the co board to establish the best structure to operate the association under in the county.

Cheers...you answered...can't say fairer than that

I didn't say that FM's persona was a "necessary evil" but more that the monster evolved slowly over time though as he tried to get to grips with getting things done/agreed in such a fragmented county. Just a hunch

....I can see I'm a few pages behind the rest of you....must catch up quickly :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on March 10, 2009, 07:55:33 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 07:05:14 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 10, 2009, 07:01:44 PM
Reillers the below post is just the same rhetoric thats been peddled out for the last 330 pages. The players have had a very easy ride from the media and you can't come up with one iota of fact to disprove that theory. They haven't bene openly criticised by one journalist. If you've never heard anyone abuse Gerald you must live on Skellig Mhichil. Vicious isn't the word for it.
As for calling me a hypocrite- are you having a laugh? Yesterday it was " I didn;t abuse anybody" yet your own posts were pulled up in front of you abusing people.
I'm glad the grassroots have taken ownership but if one of the players mates is appointed manager then the good will all be undone won't it.Please try and post a few coherent sentences rather than the endless ramblings.

QuoteI've no doubt this will end in ye insulting me in bulk as per usual, or nit picking my posts, or criticising it, not for the content but how it's phrased.
Anything but look at the truth.

GO back a hundred pages or so and see how you or OM are going on about how the players have lost the PR battle, a very convenient short memory you have OM. Just to suit yourself.

Well today you made an unbelievably insulting post to me, why not respond to that..thought not.

Sorry mate I haven't abused anyone, I made an observation that the players haven't been barracked by any journalist in the National media, a point you haven't acknowledged when you claim they've been abused by everybody.

You haven't acknowledged the disgraceful post that you made to me there a few posts back.

It was people on here rambling on about how they had lost the PR battle a few months ago.
Things like this..

http://www.independent.ie/topics/Teddy+Holland
this is one example and I have plenty more.

Go to the start of this topic and you'll see how much people tried to convince me that the players lost the PR war

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2009, 08:30:15 PM
The GAA people of Cork have made their decision in a democratic manner, time for people to accept this fact and move on.

As far as I know the delegates at the last CB meeting voted in large numbers in favour of Mc Carthy.

The 2008 panel have used all means available to them in order to drive Gerald out.

Tonight Gerald Mc Carthy has stepped down citing threats to him and his family of physical violence. A shameful end to a shameful episode in Cork GAA.

Are you in a world of your own or what?
It has been made crystal clear, backwards and forwards, upside down and inside out that the club delegates made those decisions against the decisions of their clubs.
Surely that's something you can except after the clubs voting overwhelmingly in favour of the players.
As far as you know.. ::) ::)

Gerald made his bed.
He didn't deserve the apparent abuse he's got, but he made his bed, this was only ever going to happen, him being forced out that is.
And if the CB is reformed then it will be the brightest end to the darkest chapter of Cork GAA.
You also forgot to mention that he also stepped down because he wanted the best Cork team on the pitch (or something like that)..just 6 months too late.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 08:35:01 PM
He is a legend of a player and didn't deserve the so called grief he got from "fans

Fans like yourself !!!!!!! You can include yourself in that. Marching round Cork and taking swings at Gerald, FM, the CB executive ( apart from Sully who has only been there 5 seconds  :D :D :D :D ) and all who dare to disagree with you.

You must be delighted tonight Reillers - crack open the champagne - Cork hurling has been saved - alright it took a few auld threats to a 63 year old man and his family to get there, but hey, all's fair in love and war - right ???

Expect those sympathetic 'journos' to take their rightful in Caeser's Donal Og's court - exclusive's, biograhies etc will be shorn upon them..

1. Ye really have no respect for anyone.

2. Fans, well known hardcore fans, the best travelling and home support fans in the country

3. The CB is well run organisation, actually wait no, it's not, but it's the clubs fault. they are ALL being led by a few players on a string, ye think that little of the clubs

Reillers....

1. Not that I believe the GPA ringleaders could care less, but I've been consistent in where those players lost my respect - when they trousered the powerade/lucozade money and the clubs lost money as a result - I've already posted this and you chose to ignore it - but for the purpose of clarification - do you accept that the CCC had a sponsorship deal which was cancelled when the players personal deal conflicted and uncharacteristically the players threatened to strike if the CCB deal stayed in place - thats why I've no respect for them.

2. I'm not going to turn this onto Cork fans ( a lot of whom I count among my friends) who bring great colour and atmosphere to games - but going back 26 years of attending games in Cork, I've never been to a Dublin game in Pairc Ui Rinn or Pairc Ui Caoimh where Dublin supporters haven't outnumbered the home support - I'll also point out that there were TWO Cork supporters at the NFL game v Roscommon in Kiltoom last year - so you may want to revise your description above

3. I made the very suggestion thats happening now and resulted in Ger Mac's resignation - club empowerment, votes of no-confidence and was told emphatically by Passedit & yourself that it was impossible - the clubs were terrified and there wasn't an honest delegate to be found in all of Cork - so if you check the raimis you posted, you'll find it was in fact you who 'thought so little of the clubs'..

Zulu

Quote from: heffo on March 10, 2009, 08:36:36 PM

I've asked the question five times already (am yet to receive an answer) - how was attendance at these meetings controlled to ensure that it was club Chairmen & Secretaries who attended and not just the same rent-a-crowd with an agenda going from club to club..

I don't know the answer to that heffo but all the clubs (or most at least) had their own meetings on this issue and all voted in favour of the players so this is definitely what the clubs wanted.

QuoteThe clubs vote means shag all IMO. They were never going to back the county board against the players they idolise. The members of the clubs are fans and all the fans want is to see all their heroes back playing for Cork again by whatever means neccessary and if that means getting rid of the manager then so be it. Doesn't mean a thing though in the grand scheme of things.

The clubs vote means shag all????? If this is what the members of Cork GAA want then surely that is all that matters, not what their reasons were, like I said before if they had voted in favour of the CB I would have thought them crazy but since I'm not from Cork I would simply have accepted it to be the wish of Cork GAA.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 08:48:08 PM

As far as I know the delegates at the last CB meeting voted in large numbers in favour of Mc Carthy.

The 2008 panel have used all means available to them in order to drive Gerald out.

Tonight Gerald Mc Carthy has stepped down citing threats to him and his family of physical violence. A shameful end to a shameful episode in Cork GAA.

He didn't deserve the apparent abuse he's got

I expected some revisionism but they're now denying that he was even abused - did you personally make any threats of violence towards him?

dowling

I stopped reading alot of the posts over the past few days but I find ironic that the posters who for so long talked about democracy now claim that it is in fact 'mob rule'. A good number of posters are showing their true colours here over these past few days, I hope I would have shown a lot more class had the clubs voted to support the CB, whatever about Reillers posts some longtime posters here have really let themselves down. The GAA people of Cork have made their decision in a democratic manner, time for people to accept this fact and move on.

It was pointed out that the several meetings taking place had no offical standing within the structure of the GAA and the decisions reached came on the back of emotional blackmail of the county, also outside the structure of the GAA. When achieving a result by unconstitutional means that is 'mob rule'. Now you might not like that but by definition that's what it is. There is ample procedure within GAA structures to address and change anything.

If you believe that what has taken place is democracy and justified then you'll have to approve of any desire to use it in future.
Those of us who have opposed this 'strike' from the start not only understood what was going on but that there would be consequences from it if it were to be successful.

The closet thing to democracy would have been the players address their concerns through their clubs. They couldn't do that, it would never have worked? Well we'll never know but what we will know is they never tried.

As for you Reillers you have continually been on here talking about abusers. I have never heard Gerald abuse anyone, I haven't heard anyone from the county board abuse anyone and I certainly haven't abused anyone.
I don't for one minute believe your posts are unintentional. You've tried to slight and smear everyone from Gerald to the posters here who have opposed your view. I have constantly questioned the abuse and use of language directed towards me on this board and explained I never felt the need to be likewise.
So Reillers use whatever language you like towards me but here's the challange;
Put up just one post where I have been abusive to you or personally abusive to anyone else.
And when you find you can't do that please refrain from the accusations. The battle is over even if Cork GAA lost the war.
If any of your fellow pro posters had any decency they would challange you to stop the accusations. We'll see what happens.

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on March 10, 2009, 08:50:12 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 10, 2009, 08:36:36 PM

I don't know the answer to that heffo but all the clubs (or most at least) had their own meetings on this issue and all voted in favour of the players so this is definitely what the clubs wanted.

QuoteThe clubs vote means shag all IMO. They were never going to back the county board against the players they idolise. The members of the clubs are fans and all the fans want is to see all their heroes back playing for Cork again by whatever means neccessary and if that means getting rid of the manager then so be it. Doesn't mean a thing though in the grand scheme of things.

The clubs vote means shag all????? If this is what the members of Cork GAA want then surely that is all that matters, not what their reasons were, like I said before if they had voted in favour of the CB I would have thought them crazy but since I'm not from Cork I would simply have accepted it to be the wish of Cork GAA.

If the voting was verified and controlled like at an AGM and not just an open door - the louder you are the better policy - then the clubs have indeed definitively spoken - I hope the Strikers go on and finish the job and force a reformation of the CCB

I wonder how the Strikers will accept the likely 2/3/4 players from the incumbent panel who'll stay on?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 10, 2009, 08:48:28 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 08:35:01 PM

1. Ye really have no respect for anyone.

2. Fans, well known hardcore fans, the best travelling and home support fans in the country

3. The CB is well run organisation, actually wait no, it's not, but it's the clubs fault. they are ALL being led by a few players on a string, ye think that little of the clubs

Reillers....

1. Not that I believe the GPA ringleaders could care less, but I've been consistent in where those players lost my respect - when they trousered the powerade/lucozade money and the clubs lost money as a result - I've already posted this and you chose to ignore it - but for the purpose of clarification - do you accept that the CCC had a sponsorship deal which was cancelled when the players personal deal conflicted and uncharacteristically the players threatened to strike if the CCB deal stayed in place - thats why I've no respect for them.

2. I'm not going to turn this onto Cork fans ( a lot of whom I count among my friends) who bring great colour and atmosphere to games - but going back 26 years of attending games in Cork, I've never been to a Dublin game in Pairc Ui Rinn or Pairc Ui Caoimh where Dublin supporters haven't outnumbered the home support - I'll also point out that there were TWO Cork supporters at the NFL game v Roscommon in Kiltoom last year - so you may want to revise your description above

3. I made the very suggestion thats happening now and resulted in Ger Mac's resignation - club empowerment, votes of no-confidence and was told emphatically by Passedit & yourself that it was impossible - the clubs were terrified and there wasn't an honest delegate to be found in all of Cork - so if you check the raimis you posted, you'll find it was in fact you who 'thought so little of the clubs'..
1.Oh GPA ringleaders here we go again..that was as part of members of the GPA. (The same GPA who no longer except that players should be treated like crap and merchandise, they also do more work with very weak counties, more so then the GAA) but you said you saw them everytime you left the house, turned on the tv and opened a paper. None of which you've been able to nearly prove.
2.I've got to ask what matches you've been at then Heffo, hurling or football? I cannot remember the last time Cork hurling fans were outnumbred at home. And were you not one (I stand fully corrected if I'm wrong and I apologise if I am but) who called the fans soccer like.
3.I still can't believe it happened and the only reason it did was because the CB so blatantly insulted the clubs, basically saying we don't give a f**k what ye think, we've all the power.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 10, 2009, 08:51:14 PM

I expected some revisionism but they're now denying that he was even abused - did you personally make any threats of violence towards him?
I don't know of anyone who has abused him like that Heffo. And as for the last bit.
How dare you even ask, what the hell gives you the right.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 08:57:16 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 10, 2009, 08:51:14 PM

I don't know of anyone who has abused him like that Heffo. And as for the last bit.
How dare you even ask, what the hell gives you the right.

From Reillers:

"they think we'll take this lying down"

You've also blackguarded anyone who's disagreed with Donal Og and have gotten pretty hot under the collar and lost your temper and reason at times..

I'm not suggesting for a second you did, I simply asked so the question could be ruled out..