McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

I also feel sorry for McCarthy.  I wonder what will be the players next excuse when they end up winning nothing this year, sure it couldn't be the fact their not good enough themselves.  ::)

orangeman

He is a legend of a player and didn't deserve the so called grief he got from "fans

Fans like yourself !!!!!!! You can include yourself in that. Marching round Cork and taking swings at Gerald, FM, the CB executive ( apart from Sully who has only been there 5 seconds  :D :D :D :D ) and all who dare to disagree with you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

You must be delighted tonight Reillers - crack open the champagne - Cork hurling has been saved - alright it took a few auld threats to a 63 year old man and his family to get there, but hey, all's fair in love and war - right ???

anglocelt39

I guess that's what happens when you spend so long working on the PR side of things and not on the important side of it.

Hopefully that is what the heroes of 2008 discover when they get back onto the hurling pitch.

Now that the 2008 panel have got their wish what are some of the posters on this thread going to do to while away their time? A bit of a brush on on the old literacy skills perhaps Reillers?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 06:50:09 PM
everyone on here felt free to presume

Donal Og's reign of terror begins with a bang - Hurling great Ger Mac gone and the right of ordinary GAA members to form a presumption goes with him..

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2009, 08:04:35 PM
He is a legend of a player and didn't deserve the so called grief he got from "fans

Expect the revisionism to begin within the hour:

"Poor aul Ger Mac - legend of a player, he didn't deserve what he got, it was always about FM - we didn't mean to feed the Examiner, Shannon & Keys bullshi* about him...."

orangeman

They are cowards with no balls or backbone, there is no way in hell they had time to go back to their clubs, they are an absolute fuckin disgrace. And they think we'll take this lying down..

You were dead right Reillers - how prophetic of you ! Good observation - this coincided with the time the heat was really turned up.

Reillers

Fans like yourself !!!!!!! You can include yourself in that. Marching round Cork and taking swings at Gerald, FM, the CB executive ( apart from Sully who has only been there 5 seconds  :D :D :D :D ) and all who dare to disagree with you.

You must be delighted tonight Reillers - crack open the champagne - Cork hurling has been saved - alright it took a few auld threats to a 63 year old man and his family to get there, but hey, all's fair in love and war - right ???

Fans who abuse him like he says, personal abuse, am I happy that this is finally over yes, am I happy that Gerald was used as a pawn in all of this, am I happy that he got apparent abuse in the street, no, not in the slightest, those people are a disgrace and are not genuine Cork fans.

You know OM, you have shown yourself, as has most on here, as people who just like to bitch about players, yere not genuine fans, if ye were ye'd be happy that the clubs finally showed their voice, which has been kept from them for years, but no, ye'll blame anyone and everyone.

The journos, sure all of this is thanks to pressure from journos, and of course all of their opinions (because God forbid they have any integrity what so ever) because apparently they ALL want to write their biographies.
the fans, nothing but soccer fans, seasonal fans..etc.
the players, ah sure the scum of the earth
the clubs, mobsters, nothing but members being led by a mob action and don't even have the strength to make their own decisions, being led by 30 men on a string, a couple of hundred people.
..etc.

Always someone elses fault, always some other reason for it.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 10, 2009, 08:09:57 PM

Expect the revisionism to begin within the hour:

"Poor aul Ger Mac - legend of a player, he didn't deserve what he got, it was always about FM - we didn't mean to feed the Examiner, Shannon & Keys bullshi* about him...."

I have NEVER said otherwise Heffo, go look. I have always said he was a legend of a player. ALWAYS. Go take a look for yourself, get your facts right before you criticize.
And maybe you could answer a few of my above posts.
And I resent the fact that ye think otherwise.

And what newspaper Heffo,
So far to prove that they are the scum of the earth and only wanting finacial gain and self gain, you have shown me two articles from about 2 years ago.

What newspaper, what else.
You said you can't walk out the door, open a newspaper or turn on the tv without seeing them addvertise for something.
Well I live in Cork and I can't remember the last time I've seen a billboard with a Cork player on it, the last one I remember was Corcoran on it years ago.
The last time I remember seeing a GAA player on an add was for a car and it was a Dublin player, and a KK player I think advertising for a energy drink.
Sean Og did an add all right for Supervalue Kids fit for Life week with Derval O Rourke and one for Children in Need, and I can't remember ever seeing one in a newspaper, so what else, and might I add, recently.

orangeman

those people are a disgrace and are not genuine Cork fans.

You've dished out a lot of abuse yourself Reillers and I think Heffo showed you as past few days examples of how you did so. You've dished it out to Gerald on a personal level. Splinter in your eye and all that.

orangeman

They are cowards with no balls or backbone, there is no way in hell they had time to go back to their clubs, they are an absolute fuckin disgrace. And they think we'll take this lying down..

What exactly did you lads mean or have in mind ????

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2009, 08:20:35 PM

You've dished out a lot of abuse yourself Reillers and I think Heffo showed you as past few days examples of how you did so. You've dished it out to Gerald on a personal level. Splinter in your eye and all that.

After he personally abused me as much that technically if a mod bothered looking at this forum deserves a ban.
After he discussed and insulted players on a personal level including discussing their finances which also comes with a ban.

Show me a post where I abused Gerald personally. I might have said he was a crap manager.
But never have I insulted him on any levels which Indianna disgracefully suggested before running off.

Zulu

I stopped reading alot of the posts over the past few days but I find ironic that the posters who for so long talked about democracy now claim that it is in fact 'mob rule'. A good number of posters are showing their true colours here over these past few days, I hope I would have shown a lot more class had the clubs voted to support the CB, whatever about Reillers posts some longtime posters here have really let themselves down. The GAA people of Cork have made their decision in a democratic manner, time for people to accept this fact and move on.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 08:14:27 PM

The journos, sure all of this is thanks to pressure from journos

Expect those sympathetic 'journos' to take their rightful in Caeser's Donal Og's court - exclusive's, biograhies etc will be shorn upon them..

orangeman

The GAA people of Cork have made their decision in a democratic manner, time for people to accept this fact and move on.

As far as I know the delegates at the last CB meeting voted in large numbers in favour of Mc Carthy.

The 2008 panel have used all means available to them in order to drive Gerald out.

Tonight Gerald Mc Carthy has stepped down citing threats to him and his family of physical violence. A shameful end to a shameful episode in Cork GAA.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 08:24:41 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2009, 08:20:35 PM

After he personally abused me as much that technically if a mod bothered looking at this forum deserves a ban.
After he discussed and insulted players on a personal level including discussing their finances which also comes with a ban.

I never personally abused you son - you were taunting a number of posters that 'anyone who knows anything about hurling knows what club I'm from' - when other posters named your club I realised that you'd insulted a friend of mine - I did text him but only to ask him what I already knew, that we were approaching end game - he confirmed as much - I did point out that he was getting a bit of stick from a few Cork lads and he said he'd read some of it on PROC - you then in the one post emphatically denied you were from the club in question then named your clubmate saying you hadn't insulted him, then admitted you had in fact insulted him (in the one post)