McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 06:37:26 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 09, 2009, 06:34:29 PM
REILLERS : Quote from Ga last night :

John Gardiner said last night whilst Graham Canty, Anthony Lynch, Daniel Goulding, John Hayes and Pierce O'Neill were standing beside him :

" It's obvious now that democracy wasn't working, but if the people of Cork and the grassroots get their way on Tuesday night then we'll be back playing AND THAT WAS OUR GOAL ALL ALONG".

I thought it was all about saving Cork hurling ( or is it saved now - the 2008 panel are back ?? ).

Ya it was their goal all along but to say that's all they ever cared about is wrong and untrue. Things change OM, you really don't seem to grasp that cocept.

Well it must have changed since last night !!! Cos these were Ga's words at he meeting last night.

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on March 09, 2009, 06:32:50 PM
AZ
The players through their industrial action have pressurised a reaction from the clubs who have been as much to blame for letting the CCB have such a free hand for so long (if stories are to be believed). For the players now to just leave the wreck and ruin that they have been part of to the clubs to sort out only if they (the clubs) wish to is copping out if you ask me. Tells me that this was not really about saving Cork hurling but solely about getting rid of Ger McC. If history has taught them anything then they should know that the clubs cannot be trusted to fulfil their duties.

Reillers

If you say something and support that argument strongly when you say it, then people have every right to consider that to be your belief. But eejits like you say what suits them at the time and then it flys back in your face down the line when you contradict it, yet you choose to calll those who catch you out doing it to be nit picking and petty. Arguing with a fool like yourself really is pointless.

......I've just seen youre latest post.....do you not see the contradictions in the things you say from one post to the next....I'm amazed....but I should know better by now
What have I changed, I have always held the same view Skul, ye are the ones who manipulate what I say. Catch me out doing what exactly? All you do is nit pick, you've ignored everything thats happened over the last view days and just nit picked about tiny little things making petty commetnts about my posts instead of talking about the real issue.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 09, 2009, 06:49:05 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 06:37:26 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 09, 2009, 06:34:29 PM
REILLERS : Quote from Ga last night :

John Gardiner said last night whilst Graham Canty, Anthony Lynch, Daniel Goulding, John Hayes and Pierce O'Neill were standing beside him :

" It's obvious now that democracy wasn't working, but if the people of Cork and the grassroots get their way on Tuesday night then we'll be back playing AND THAT WAS OUR GOAL ALL ALONG".

I thought it was all about saving Cork hurling ( or is it saved now - the 2008 panel are back ?? ).

Ya it was their goal all along but to say that's all they ever cared about is wrong and untrue. Things change OM, you really don't seem to grasp that cocept.

Well it must have changed since last night !!! Cos these were Ga's words at he meeting last night.

Yes they were his words but you have lost your grip on reality completly if you think all they care about is them playing again after all that's been done and said, and you honestly still think that.

heffo

Quote from: passedit on March 09, 2009, 05:17:33 PM
QuoteOh Boo-Hoo - Kieran Shannon is an objective commentator if ever there was one..

More hypocrisy

Cmon Passedit - you're just being sour because you shot down my suggestion two months ago and now you see it happening before your very eyes:

"STEPHENITE :
I couldn't give a f**k if 90,000 people march in favour of the former players, if 51% of them happen to be GAA members then they have the power to sort it all out.
PASSED IT :
That's just bollox stephenite, there is only one man who has the power in Cork GAA and the reason he has it is because he has had over 35 years to consolidate it. People bleating about democratic process need to take their heads out of their holes. Cork GAA is a dictatorship that won't be changed by 'democratic means'. "

heffo

Quote from: passedit on March 09, 2009, 05:52:59 PM
acne noun, pathol a skin disorder, common in adolescence, caused by overactivity of the sebaceous glands, especially on the face, chest and back.
ETYMOLOGY: 19c: perhaps from Greek akme point

acme
noun the highest point of achievement, success, excellence, etc.
ETYMOLOGY: 16c: from Greek akme point.

Heffo, give yer oul mucker bob a ring and tell him thon bstard Humphries reckon's he's got bad skin.

I'd say Indiana is a better man for that given they're  clubmates..

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 05:21:04 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 09, 2009, 05:12:00 PM
Quote from: passedit on March 09, 2009, 05:09:53 PM
apologies if this has been posted before, i cant be bothered trawling through pages of the reillers witchhunt by the hypocrites.

QuoteMurphy's law in doubt as clubs threaten boycott
Gaelic games news Kieran Shannon
Under pressure: Frank Murphy's position is under threat

Cork GAA could grind to a halt next month if clubs are not granted a special convention. At a meeting in Clonakilty of up to 250 ordinary members representing 102 clubs on Friday night, the one unanimous decision taken was that every club should write to county board secretary Frank Murphy requesting a special convention to end the five-month dispute.

However, clubs indicated that if the board were not to properly revisit the issue of Gerald McCarthy's contentious reappointment as Cork coach, then all GAA activity within the county should cease at the start of next month, with clubs prepared to withdraw from local county championships run by the same executive.

Murphy's position came under fire at the extraordinary meeting in Clonakilty and the heat is likely to further increase on the 64-year old full-time official today. Thousands of Cork fans are expected to demonstrate their support of the 2008 hurlers and the current football panel before and during the latter's National League Division Two match against Fermanagh Páirc Uí Chaoimh today. The demonstrators will be assembling at 1.30 in Kennedy Park before marching to the stadium and taking up position in its uncovered stand.

In the past week over 45 clubs have voted over-whelmingly in favour of both the removal of McCarthy as county manager and a new process in which county board delegates consult and vote over vital matters. As of yet no club has voted in favour of the status quo, although on Friday night Glen Rovers voted to remain neutral on the issue.

Tonight club officers will again meet with the 2008 panel at the Maryborough House Hotel where it is expected the players will withdraw from the discussion and leave it in the hands of the clubs. The clubs will meet with the county board executive on Tuesday at the latter's request for a consultative-informative meeting. It is expectd that at Thursday's county board meeting in Pairc Uí Chaoimh the clubs will put forward a notice of motion regarding McCarthy's future and the process concerning county board delegares.

McCarthy is likely to be considering his position in the wake of recent developments. The 2009 hurling panel trained last Tuesday and Thursday in the absence of their manager who was abroad on a break for most of the weeik. Cork are due to play Clare in two weeks' time in the national hurling league.

Yesterday former Clare manager Ger Loughnane issued his support of the striking Cork hurlers. "By now every sensible person knows this dispute is not about player power. It's Murphy's power that is on the line."
March 8, 2009

Oh Boo-Hoo - Kieran Shannon is an objective commentator if ever there was one..
Of course he is. Everyone and every article that has come out in favour of the players, which is a hell of a lot of people, all have hidden agendas, all are wrong,
the fans, oh there were less at the second march then there was at the first, there all just shopers anyway.
the players, just looking for comercial self gain.
the clubs, being led on a string by the players, (several hundred people)
the backroom staff, typical bias.
the journos, not objective.

Because God forbid the people who actually have that know what's going on are right. The reality is that everyone who knows what's going on has come out on side of the players. But that's just too much for some to except.

They all have to be biased right.
Like I said, the genuine ones have been seperated from the peti "hate the players" people on here, it's clear who they are by now.

Kieran Shannon has a potential commercial interest in writing positive things about the players - he's in pole position to write a number of their biographies.

I know a number of the GAA journalists personally (not Humphries or Shannon though) and I've often asked them why they haven't been objective or called something like it is - the reply is always the same -  'You're not the one that's going to be be sitting beside them for 20 hours going to Australia, or on the piss with them in New York for the week during the All Star trip etc'. GAA journalism in Ireland is a very close fraternity in general and there aren't too many journalists who will stick their neck out to write what they believe so as not to jeopardise the handy nixers on tv, radio and lucrative county board work..

theskull1

You have not always held the same view when it come down to what the players are doing this for

At the start getting rid of GerMcC only was good enough for you and the players
Then the arguement changed and it was about FM and how he single handedly has ruined hurling in Cork and it was time that he was removed from his position for the good (no survival) of the game. The players were the only ones standing up against him.
Now we've gone full circle and youre saying now that getting rid of Ger McC will do fine for the players and that FM can remain. And the players will be OK with that?

Is that holding the same view? I don't think so. And I hardly think it is a petty point. I've argued all along that the main protaganists have their own interests on top of all the other reasons why they have told us they went on strike. To back off now and leave "saddam hussian" still in power just doesn't make sense if you really are interested in the future of Cork hurling.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 09, 2009, 07:04:59 PM
apologies if this has been posted before, i cant be bothered trawling through pages of the reillers witchhunt by the hypocrites.

Cork GAA could grind to a halt next month if clubs are not granted a special convention. At a meeting in Clonakilty of up to 250 ordinary members representing 102 clubs on Friday night, the one unanimous decision taken was that every club should write to county board secretary Frank Murphy requesting a special convention to end the five-month dispute.

However, clubs indicated that if the board were not to properly revisit the issue of Gerald McCarthy's contentious reappointment as Cork coach, then all GAA activity within the county should cease at the start of next month, with clubs prepared to withdraw from local county championships run by the same executive.

Murphy's position came under fire at the extraordinary meeting in Clonakilty and the heat is likely to further increase on the 64-year old full-time official today. Thousands of Cork fans are expected to demonstrate their support of the 2008 hurlers and the current football panel before and during the latter's National League Division Two match against Fermanagh Páirc Uí Chaoimh today. The demonstrators will be assembling at 1.30 in Kennedy Park before marching to the stadium and taking up position in its uncovered stand.

In the past week over 45 clubs have voted over-whelmingly in favour of both the removal of McCarthy as county manager and a new process in which county board delegates consult and vote over vital matters. As of yet no club has voted in favour of the status quo, although on Friday night Glen Rovers voted to remain neutral on the issue.

Tonight club officers will again meet with the 2008 panel at the Maryborough House Hotel where it is expected the players will withdraw from the discussion and leave it in the hands of the clubs. The clubs will meet with the county board executive on Tuesday at the latter's request for a consultative-informative meeting. It is expectd that at Thursday's county board meeting in Pairc Uí Chaoimh the clubs will put forward a notice of motion regarding McCarthy's future and the process concerning county board delegares.

McCarthy is likely to be considering his position in the wake of recent developments. The 2009 hurling panel trained last Tuesday and Thursday in the absence of their manager who was abroad on a break for most of the weeik. Cork are due to play Clare in two weeks' time in the national hurling league.

Yesterday former Clare manager Ger Loughnane issued his support of the striking Cork hurlers. "By now every sensible person knows this dispute is not about player power. It's Murphy's power that is on the line."
March 8, 2009

Of course he is. Everyone and every article that has come out in favour of the players, which is a hell of a lot of people, all have hidden agendas, all are wrong,
the fans, oh there were less at the second march then there was at the first, there all just shopers anyway.

Because God forbid the people who actually have that know what's going on are right. The reality is that everyone who knows what's going on has come out on side of the players. But that's just too much for some to except.

Like I said, the genuine ones have been seperated from the peti "hate the players" people on here, it's clear who they are by now.

Kieran Shannon has a potential commercial interest in writing positive things about the players - he's in pole position to write a number of their biographies.

I know a number of the GAA journalists personally (not Humphries or Shannon though) and I've often asked them why they haven't been objective or called something like it is - the reply is always the same -  'You're not the one that's going to be be sitting beside them for 20 hours going to Australia, or on the piss with them in New York for the week during the All Star trip etc'. GAA journalism in Ireland is a very close fraternity in general and there aren't too many journalists who will stick their neck out to write what they believe so as not to jeopardise the handy nixers on tv, radio and lucrative county board work..

Of course he does,
That's what it's all about.
I mean really you can't come up with anything better then that?

orangeman

Yes they were his words but you have lost your grip on reality completly if you think all they care about is them playing again

:D :D :D :D

That's a very postive spin. I've put it down in black and white for you. The veil slips every now and then.

realrebel

lads give reillers a break for a while
i know we are on different sides but we shouldnt be at each other like this
i dont agree what he says but thats what he thinks is right and thats his right
lets move on with the debate and stop going over old ground
its getting boring

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 07:10:46 PM

March 8, 2009

Of course he does,

I deal in reality Reillers.

You deal in Reillersland where fact changes by the minute (sometimes in mid sentence) and where any occupant cannot deal in specifics but only in vague broad strokes and always live by the maxim - 'always blackguard anyway who disagrees with you or fails to adopt the GPA manifesto 100%'..

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on March 09, 2009, 07:09:24 PM
You have not always held the same view when it come down to what the players are doing this for

At the start getting rid of GerMcC only was good enough for you and the players
Then the arguement changed and it was about FM and how he single handedly has ruined hurling in Cork and it was time that he was removed from his position for the good (no survival) of the game. The players were the only ones standing up against him.
Now we've gone full circle and youre saying now that getting rid of Ger McC will do fine for the players and that FM can remain. And the players will be OK with that?

Is that holding the same view? I don't think so. And I hardly think it is a petty point. I've argued all along that the main protaganists have their own interests on top of all the other reasons why they have told us they went on strike. To back off now and leave "saddam hussian" still in power just doesn't make sense if you really are interested in the future of Cork hurling.

Things change. At one stage months ago, Gerald going would have been enough, but it was ALWAYS about the CB and their decision and it got to a point where the clubs came into this arguement and it was never going to be enough. It was ALWAYS about the CB's decision, mainly FM, it was always about him and his pety dispute. I never said getting rid of Ger Mac is fine for the players and I never once said at all that FM should stay. Where did I even come near to saying that. You're putting words into my mouth.

You have not acknowledged what's happened with the clubs at all yet just your petty nit picking on my posts.

heffo

Quote from: realrebel on March 09, 2009, 07:13:33 PM
lads give reillers a break for a while
i know we are on different sides but we shouldnt be at each other like this
i dont agree what he says but thats what he thinks is right and thats his right
lets move on with the debate and stop going over old ground
its getting boring

Reillers can stop posting on this topic at any stage, but as long as he is and continues to post with the same tone and manner, then I'll continue.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 09, 2009, 07:15:08 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 07:10:46 PM

March 8, 2009

Of course he does,

I deal in reality Reillers.

You deal in Reillersland where fact changes by the minute (sometimes in mid sentence) and where any occupant cannot deal in specifics but only in vague broad strokes and always live by the maxim - 'always blackguard anyway who disagrees with you or fails to adopt the GPA manifesto 100%'..

And were back to nit picking and oh the GPA as well, 2 for 1. It's getting pretty boring at this stage.

orangeman

Right so lads -

what's the agenda this week ?

Tuesday - meeting in the hotel with the chairmen and secretaries of the clubs -

Thursday - CB meeting. I expect an announcement to the effect that the strike is over and normal service will be resumed and the threats have worked ( again).

Anything else for the CB ?

What have the strikers planned for this week ? Anything ?