McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: m.muzzle on March 09, 2009, 01:42:46 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 01:03:29 PM

The players sat in front of the clubs, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only true voice in Cork GAA.
Now if any of ye were even remotely involved with the clubs over the years in Cork you'd know full well that they haven't had a voice for a very long time.

If the clubs didn't have a voice due to some/all of the delegates being in FM's pocket then why didn't the clubs have the delegate removed from their position and replace them with someone who would ensure their voice was heard at CB level?

Cmon it's simple - the delegates were afraid of the fearsome pensioner, the club officers were afraid of the delegates and were too cowardly to ask the delegates why they hadn't voted as mandated. The club members were too afraid to ask the club officers why they hadn't insisted the delegates vote to represent the views of their club members - the only ones not afraid were the heroic strikers..

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 02:07:20 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 09, 2009, 01:29:09 PM
The amount of hypocricy and contradiction in your comments makes for very poor reading. A very poor and inconsistent post once again. You're excessively baised schizophrenic rantings must have everybody tired and bored at this stage I would have thoughtthough I can only speak for myself.

And the typical nit bicking begins, sidestep what I said just to bitch. Maybe try answering the post.

It's impossible to answer your post as you've posted pretty much the same thing for the last 300 odd pages and will not deal in specifics - when any of your figures are questioned you throw your hands in the air and claim you've just copied and pasted the information from rebelgaa or PROC

m.muzzle

Quote from: heffo on March 09, 2009, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: m.muzzle on March 09, 2009, 01:42:46 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 01:03:29 PM

The players sat in front of the clubs, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only true voice in Cork GAA.
Now if any of ye were even remotely involved with the clubs over the years in Cork you'd know full well that they haven't had a voice for a very long time.

If the clubs didn't have a voice due to some/all of the delegates being in FM's pocket then why didn't the clubs have the delegate removed from their position and replace them with someone who would ensure their voice was heard at CB level?

Cmon it's simple - the delegates were afraid of the fearsome pensioner, the club officers were afraid of the delegates and were too cowardly to ask the delegates why they hadn't voted as mandated. The club members were too afraid to ask the club officers why they hadn't insisted the delegates vote to represent the views of their club members - the only ones not afraid were the heroic strikers..

I get the bit about the delegates being afraid of FM to an extent - well, maybe afraid is not the correct word, but I understand that he could make life difficult for a club if they didn't vote the way he wanted.

I just don't see why clubs would not replace the delegate when they didn't vote the way the clubs had mandated them to. And these delegates have been voting against their mandate for 30 odd years? Is there any reason why the delegates were not replaced? Do they hold power over the clubs the way FM has been reported to over the delegates themselves?

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on March 09, 2009, 01:38:43 PM
What crime did the 2009 players commit only ensuring you weren't thrown out of the competition altogether. They knew what they were getting into? 3/4 of them Reillers are better than some of the 30 players , a lot better than them. Some of them are cleaning out inter county players , have won Fitzgibbon medals, are senior county champions in a top3 county and Humphries has the temerity to call them imposters and Junior C players. But thats ok, because "they knew what they were getting into".

Judging by your post it appears to me that only the 30 members of the 2008 panel have the right it seems to wear the Cork jersey at senior hurling level. Its an absolute rambling of a post.

Reillers you've directly insulted a lot of people as well, but you're quite happy to chastise people here for comments they have made, yet apply a different set of principles to yourself on comments you have made AND are quite happy to hide behind the anonymity that a message board provides you yet chastise others because they hide behind the same veil of secrecy?
You can add that as a reference for hypocrisy in any English dictionary.
I never said that the 09 players deserved a second of what they got but they did no fully what they were getting themselves into. That's all I'm saying. 3/4 will make the squad, and if this hadn't undfolded 3/4 would be on the team and that's great. Some were excellent in fact and winning the Fitzgibbon Cup is again brilliant and hopefully a sign of what's to come.
But they knew they'd get grief coming into it, I'm not conduning it, I'm just saying they should have been aware that they'd get the hastle they got. Anyone who earns the right to wear the jersey should wear it.
But I haven't criticized the 09 team so I don't know what you're rambling about.
I insulted who, and never once have a pretended to be horrified by something as ridiculous of what ye are pretending to be horrified for. Ye act all horrified at Humphries saying it, in his view, how it is, yet ye call the players absolutely everything under the sun and more, and ye call me a hypocrite. You might want to use that English dictionary of your Indianna.
The last bit that you have blabbered on about, well lets just say never once have I posted something personal without someone premission on here like you did, especially when I made it clear that I didn't want it discussed.
I may have called OM an idiot when he was being one and if that gets me into trouble then so be it, but never did I do what you or Heffo did and then try to hide behind it.

Like I said earlier. Now is the time when the genuine are seperated from the ones who just want to bitch about the players and would be happy as larry if no resulution was found and I think well that's been truely revealed here.

bingobus

Reillers, no harm but when I read your posts its like groundhog day and it normally takes about 2/3 reads to try and figure out what you are trying to say.

If the clubs have allowed this to happen, who's to say it won't happen again. Alot of the grassroots need to do their own thinking and make their own decsions and not have a playing squad make stir them into action.

Is it true that Des Bishop is to get the fulltime secretary job when FM is ousted?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 02:18:31 PM
What crime did the 2009 players commit only ensuring you weren't thrown out of the competition altogether. They knew what they were getting into? 3/4 of them Reillers are better than some of the 30 players , a lot better than them. Some of them are cleaning out inter county players , have won Fitzgibbon medals, are senior county champions in a top3 county and Humphries has the temerity to call them imposters and Junior C players. But thats ok, because "they knew what they were getting into".

Judging by your post it appears to me that only the 30 members of the 2008 panel have the right it seems to wear the Cork jersey at senior hurling level. Its an absolute rambling of a post.

Reillers you've directly insulted a lot of people as well, but you're quite happy to chastise people here for comments they have made, yet apply a different set of principles to yourself on comments you have made AND are quite happy to hide behind the anonymity that a message board provides you yet chastise others because they hide behind the same veil of secrecy?
I insulted who?

Your clubmate - 'Sideshow Bob' as you describe him
Cork PRO Gerard Lane - you referred to him as a 'p***k' (even though his job is to put forward the official view of the county board and the message he is conveying mighn't necessarily be one he agrees with
Frank Murphy - dozens of times
Any poster on this thread who's disagreed with you

Aside from all of those people you've insulted, I can't list any others..

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 09, 2009, 02:26:16 PM

I insulted who?

Cork PRO Gerard Lane - you referred to him as a 'p***k' (even though his job is to put forward the official view of the county board and the message he is conveying mighn't necessarily be one he agrees with

I never said he was my club mate.
As said "what is it some people call him, Sideshow Bob" that's what I said, I never called him that directly.
I retracted what I said about Ger Lan pretty much straht away and if you find my post on that you'll see that's what I did.
Frank Murphy, ya fair enough.
And posters, I've called some mainly OM stupid when he was being stupid, but that's about it, and I never denied any of that.

You though, you post personal info about me which I never clarified nor said you could and when I say drop it you continue to do so with crap like oh how you txt Bob all the stuff I said, which in my view is trying to out a persons identity on this which comes with a very hefty ban, but I'm not a mod.
#And you still haven't admitted that you lied blatantly.

orangeman

I may have called OM an idiot

:D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You're fairly economical with the truth Reillers - just like your estimates of the crowd at the marches / protests.

The problem is you've said that many things, insulted that many people that you don't know where you're at.

As for the Bobby thing - I don't understand it really but you really went on a rant about some CB man that was in your club and you gave him dog's abuse. I don't know who you were referring to, but it came across as if this CB man was second in command to Frank the Devil !

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on March 09, 2009, 02:25:38 PM
Reillers, no harm but when I read your posts its like groundhog day and it normally takes about 2/3 reads to try and figure out what you are trying to say.

If the clubs have allowed this to happen, who's to say it won't happen again. Alot of the grassroots need to do their own thinking and make their own decsions and not have a playing squad make stir them into action.

Is it true that Des Bishop is to get the fulltime secretary job when FM is ousted?
I was never the best with phrasing things, but I do my best to get my point across, even though it mightn't be the clearist.

The clubs have had enough, that's why, and when you go past that point you don't go back. Especially if a proper system is put in place, which it wasn't for years. The CB's "democracy" wasn't working.
The players didn't bring this to the clubs months ago because it was clear as day they wouldn't run with it, I'm still suprised enough that they did this time, but obviously they've had enough. You can only poke a dog so many times before it bites back. And the clubs have bitten back.
They wouldn't have done anything a few months ago because they didn't want to wake a sleeping dog because they wouldn't have been fully backed and would have been bitten, but ironically it's the CB who awoken a sleeping giant, the clubs, because through their actions of trying to take all the power back from the players, through their actions of that, they pushed the clubs one step too far. And here we are.

All the IC players did was hand the decisions over to the clubs and the clubs have ran with it. They made the calls, they even chaired last nights meeting.
IF Ger is gone in the morning the palyers will probably go back playing and leave the clubs and rightly so to sort out their business at CB level.
It's the way it should be.

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 02:07:20 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 09, 2009, 01:29:09 PM
The amount of hypocricy and contradiction in your comments makes for very poor reading. A very poor and inconsistent post once again. You're excessively baised schizophrenic rantings must have everybody tired and bored at this stage I would have thoughtthough I can only speak for myself.

And the typical nit bicking begins, sidestep what I said just to bitch. Maybe try answering the post.

Do you mean...."point out to me where I'm contradicting myself or being hypocritical?". Because your post is "unanswerable".
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 09, 2009, 03:01:29 PM

You're fairly economical with the truth Reillers - just like your estimates of the crowd at the marches / protests.

The problem is you've said that many things, insulted that many people that you don't know where you're at.

As for the Bobby thing - I don't understand it really but you really went on a rant about some CB man that was in your club and you gave him dog's abuse. I don't know who you were referring to, but it came across as if this CB man was second in command to Frank the Devil !

OM you really have a way of taking absolutley everything out of context. It's a skill it really is.
I didn't take a head count when I was there OM, there was about 5000 to my knowledge.
I never said I was in that club and OM I've never directly insulted him either.

It's over OM, go whine about something else.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 02:55:30 PM

I insulted who?

As said "what is it some people call him, Sideshow Bob" that's what I said, I never called him that directly.
I retracted what I said about Ger Lan pretty much straht away and if you find my post on that you'll see that's what I did.
And posters, I've called some mainly OM stupid when he was being stupid, but that's about it, and I never denied any of that.

You though, you post personal info about me which I never clarified nor said you could and when I say drop it you continue to do so with crap like oh how you txt Bob all the stuff I said, which in my view is trying to out a persons identity on this which comes with a very hefty ban, but I'm not a mod.

Ok I'll never raise it again - I simply pasted your post about a 'powerful club member of yours involved with the county board' and then you referred to this 'powerful club mate of yours' as the aformentioned 'Sideshow Bob'

You asked the question 'Who did I insult' - I've listed them for you that's all - it's a pity you couldn't play the ball and not the man and concentrate on the issues

You seem to be flip-flopping again on your opinion of the CB - the other day you said you wanted rid of the entire CCB. Then you changed that to exclude JOS (who has only been there 'for five seconds'), then someone pointed out that he's a long standing member of the CCB executive and you ignored this.

Now today you claim that are 'some good men, some good lads' on the CCB

Have they gotten to you? Is this why in the space of a week you've turned virtually 180 degrees on this issue?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 03:02:13 PM
Quote from: bingobus on March 09, 2009, 02:25:38 PM

All the IC players did was hand the decisions over to the clubs and the clubs have ran with it. They made the calls, they even chaired last nights meeting.

Shows my ignorance - I hadn't realised it belonged to the former Cork hurling panel to give...

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 03:04:41 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 09, 2009, 03:01:29 PM

OM you really have a way of taking absolutley everything out of context. It's a skill it really is.
I didn't take a head count when I was there OM, there was about 5000 to my knowledge.
I never said I was in that club and OM I've never directly insulted him either.

It's over OM, go whine about something else.

What is over ? How did it get over ? So have you patched things up ?
[/b]

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 09, 2009, 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 09, 2009, 02:55:30 PM

I insulted who?

Ok I'll never raise it again - I simply pasted your post about a 'powerful club member of yours involved with the county board' and then you referred to this 'powerful club mate of yours' as the aformentioned 'Sideshow Bob'

You asked the question 'Who did I insult' - I've listed them for you that's all - it's a pity you couldn't play the ball and not the man and concentrate on the issues

You seem to be flip-flopping again on your opinion of the CB - the other day you said you wanted rid of the entire CCB. Then you changed that to exclude JOS (who has only been there 'for five seconds'), then someone pointed out that he's a long standing member of the CCB executive and you ignored this.

Now today you claim that are 'some good men, some good lads' on the CCB

Have they gotten to you? Is this why in the space of a week you've turned virtually 180 degrees on this issue?
And I never said I was from there and I still haven't so you still don't know what you're talking about.
I've always, ALWAYS said there are good men at CB level.
I replied to that, and none of which, that I know of comes with a ban I'm pretty sure what you've posted does.
My opinion on the CB has always stayed the same, a complete overhaul of the CB are needed, there are good men there and like I allready said will suffer because of associaion.
Never once has that changed Heffo.