McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:06:52 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:03:22 PM
The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

Reillers reports the figures as 7000 at the march

RTE & the Gardai report the figure as 3000

I said 6 or 7000 and it was a rough guess Heffo, I said what I was told. There was about 5000 at the march.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFtSpgiCgYY

dowling

realrebel

reillers
there was no way 7000 at the march the gardai said 3000 at the most and i wouldnt even thought there was that many there
the match was live on the radio and they thought there was a 1000 at the match at most
the offical attendance was 1732

Reillers

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on March 08, 2009, 09:15:23 PM
reillers
there was no way 7000 at the march the gardai said 3000 at the most and i wouldnt even thought there was that many there
the match was live on the radio and they thought there was a 1000 at the match at most
the offical attendance was 1732

I'm just saying what I heard. RTE/Red FM can't remember which are saying 5000.
And there was more then 1732 there.
But that's not the point really.

The clubs have spoken because I cannot see how, well it is the CB.., how they can get out of this one. The grassroots have spoken, they are the GAA, the CB are supposed to represent the Clubs, they cannot say they are doing their job while being in polar opposite to the very clubs they are supposed to represent.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:15:44 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:13:52 PM
Are those figures for clubs or delegates

What?

What? what does that mean?

According to the likes of you there were over 400 at the last meeting but only around 140 clubs were represented by two reps/delegates.
So now how many clubs were represented and how many votes did each club have?

It's not a difficult question so stop acting the wag. Especially as none of your like could say where the 400 figure came from.

And yes gardaĆ­ gave the figure 3000 at most so I'm entitled to question any figures you give.

realrebel

rte just gave the figures at 3000 there on the news

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:12:17 PM
The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

I said what I was told. There was about 5000 at the march.

Were you not at the march? Are you copying and pasting from proc & rebelgaa again?

Were the Gardai and RTE lying when they reported the crowd as 3000?

heffo

Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:24:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:15:44 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:13:52 PM
Are those figures for clubs or delegates

What?

What? what does that mean?

According to the likes of you there were over 400 at the last meeting but only around 140 clubs were represented by two reps/delegates.
So now how many clubs were represented and how many votes did each club have?

It's not a difficult question so stop acting the wag. Especially as none of your like could say where the 400 figure came from.

How was entry to the meetings structured? Were club officers only permitted attend or could any lunatic go?

Regardless, it looks like the clubs are getting the finger out finally and we're going to have a solution by Friday (according to my good source)

Zulu

Of course it discredits because the figure at one event is directly connected to that of another, it's like saying there couldn't have been 70,000+ at the Leinster final with the Dubs because they played a qualifier game two weeks later and only 20,000 turned up, that's very weak dowling.

I checked back to see where I called any of your posts 'rubbish' and I only found this one so here it is, you posted this....

Quotelump everyone together? And you describe my post as "rubbish". Is that not insulting language, irrespective of whether or not a lot worse could be used.

in respponse to this post from me......

Quoteyou have an unfortunate habit of lumping everyone into two groups the pro-player posters who are foul mouthed, know-it-alls who couldn't care less about Cork GAA as long as the players get their way and the pro-CB posters who make nothing but reasonably put pertinent points and all down out of an underlying desire to see Cork GAA alright.  The fact that that is complete rubbish is neither here nor there                          

...............now only the most sensitive of souls could feel that the term 'rubbish' was insulting when used in that context. You had tried to paint pro-player posters in one way and anti-player posters in another, neither was correct, thus making it rubbish. Whatever else you can say about my post, few would think it particularily insulting.

QuoteIt's not a difficult question so stop acting the wag. Especially as none of your like could say where the 400 figure came from.

I did answer that question but since none of us was there i could only speculate, not that it is relevant in the least as clubs have come out in favour of the players and your attempts to deny this have become quite desperate. By the way it was club chairmen and secretaries at tonights meeting if I'm not mistaken.

orangeman

The clubs have spoken or so we're told but what will this mean in effect ?

From a high of 12k a couple of weeks ago to 3k today, those who took part in the first march have also spoken.

Will Gerald now stand aside ?.Who will the players select as their new manager ?

The CB meeting scheduled for Tuesday night is apparently off, so there won't be a solution until the CB meet next.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:27:03 PM

Were you not at the march? Are you copying and pasting from proc & rebelgaa again?

I was but surprisingly I didn't take a head count.
I'm not talking about the crowd I was talking about the march outside.
And speaking of lying are you going to admit that you were completley talking through your ass about talking to Bob?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 09:33:53 PM
The clubs have spoken or so we're told but what will this mean in effect ?

From a high of 12k a couple of weeks ago to 3k today, those who took part in the first march have also spoken.

Will Gerald now stand aside ?.Who will the players select as their new manager ?

The CB meeting scheduled for Tuesday night is apparently off, so there won't be a solution until the CB meet next.

The clubs are the only ones who matter.
Thousands turned up today when not a lot were expected because of the weather.
The fans feel the same as they did a few weeks ago.
Nothings changed since the first march except the fact that the support has grown.
There was 2 held. 2 protests held.
Why are you spinning it, it's become clear from your posts that you don't want us to find a solution.
First the fans were just shoppers and irrelevant according to your lot and now oh they are the total say so.

The grassroots who are the only ones imo who really matter have spoken, stop trying to degrade it because you don't want them to find a solution.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 09:27:03 PM

I was but surprisingly I didn't take a head count.
I'm not talking about the crowd I was talking about the march outside.
And speaking of lying are you going to admit that you were completley talking through your ass about talking to Bob?

Thats fair enough so - the way you phrased it though sounded like you weren't.

I was talking to Bobby late last night, I didn't text him the link though - I wouldn't do that regardless of how much I disagree with you..

Why do you dislike him so much? He's always been a decent skin and good company socially..

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on March 08, 2009, 09:30:25 PM

Of course it discredits because the figure at one event is directly connected to that of another, it's like saying there couldn't have been 70,000+ at the Leinster final with the Dubs because they played a qualifier game two weeks later and only 20,000 turned up, that's very weak dowling.

I checked back to see where I called any of your posts 'rubbish' and I only found this one so here it is, you posted this....

Quotelump everyone together? And you describe my post as "rubbish". Is that not insulting language, irrespective of whether or not a lot worse could be used.

in respponse to this post from me......

Quoteyou have an unfortunate habit of lumping everyone into two groups the pro-player posters who are foul mouthed, know-it-alls who couldn't care less about Cork GAA as long as the players get their way and the pro-CB posters who make nothing but reasonably put pertinent points and all down out of an underlying desire to see Cork GAA alright.  The fact that that is complete rubbish is neither here nor there                          

...............now only the most sensitive of souls could feel that the term 'rubbish' was insulting when used in that context. You had tried to paint pro-player posters in one way and anti-player posters in another, neither was correct, thus making it rubbish. Whatever else you can say about my post, few would think it particularily insulting.

QuoteIt's not a difficult question so stop acting the wag. Especially as none of your like could say where the 400 figure came from.

I did answer that question but since none of us was there i could only speculate, not that it is relevant in the least as clubs have come out in favour of the players and your attempts to deny this have become quite desperate. By the way it was club chairmen and secretaries at tonights meeting if I'm not mistaken.

Put that another way Zulu. Today's figure discredits those putting the figure for the first 'march' at 10000 and trying to up the figure for today's 'march'. A drop of 7000? AIB shares didn't drop that much of a percentage!

Don't think you got the right post and maybe you know it - hope you haven't deleted anything. I'll check again to see. Nearly sure it's to do with my post about nullifying county secretaries if it helps.

And no you weren't able to explain through fact or speculation the 400 figure.