McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

You're right Reillers - I'm a joke, really I am, I can't read - can barely write - don't know anything, haven't a clue in fact - how is it that all of us who have a disparate view to you are all in the same bracket ??.

Cork are a great example to the whole of the GAA, no doubt about it.

Why buy a newspaper ??

anglocelt39

Des Bishop was there,

Bound to have picked up a bit of material
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Tatler Jack

QuoteDes Bishop was there,

Yes fair play to him..he rushed there after spending the morning coaching U10's and then marking the pitch.  Could be the person to replace Frank yet!! ;)

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Zulu

Well done lads yer posting nothing but rubbish now and even some posters I've come respect,even when we disagreed are posting infantile nonsense.

orangeman

A lot refused to pay at the gate, the we're not giving those feckers our money attitude spread.

This is great news altogether.

You can go up to the turnstile now, claim you're a Cork strike supporter, tell the poor old volunteer ( who has never taken part in a strike during a lifetime of service to the GAA ) to feck off and tell him you're not paying.

Happy Days !!!!!!!

We really do owe the 2008 panel a lot.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 06:19:10 PM
A lot refused to pay at the gate, the we're not giving those feckers our money attitude spread.

You can go up to the turnstile now, claim you're a Cork strike supporter, tell the poor old volunteer ( who has never taken part in a strike during a lifetime of service to the GAA ) to feck off and tell him you're not paying.

Happy Days !!!!!!!

The more you post OM the more you show just how little you really know.
And what do you say about every club..despite what you want OM, there will be a solution. What will you and the anti players have to bitch about. God only knows.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 06:26:36 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 06:19:10 PM

Happy Days !!!!!!!

The more you post OM the more you show just how little you really know. And what do you say about every club..despite what you want OM, there will be a solution. What will you and the anti players have to bitch about. God only knows.

Correct again Reillers -

now did you take advantage of the free admission yourself ???

A solution ?? Of course there'll be a solution - you're silly boy to think that there wasn't going to be - the bully boys tactics have worked before.

Bud Wiser

Reillers, since you are close to the Cork Strikers can you answer me this.  First, here is an extract from the Sunday Business Post when Ciaran Whelan and Ray Cosgrove were approached by Adidas with personal sponsorship deals.  Please read:

The Dublin County Board last month signed a deal with Adidas, which will see all county teams lining out in Adidas boots for the next two seasons. As part of the deal, Adidas will pay the Dublin players' fund close to €8,000 per championship match.

While the deal will benefit underage sides in both hurling and football, it was the exposure provided by Dublin stars such as Ciaran Whelan and Ray Cosgrove that attracted Adidas.

"It is a great opportunity and we want to do it right," said a spokesperson for the company. "To be the number one brand in the country you must be involved with the number one sport."

It would appear that the Dub's allowed this sponsorship to trickle down to all the young lads and while you might suggest that  Cork were beaten by Dublin last week was an indication of how bad Cork are, I would submit that the Dublin Hurling panel have improved greatly and are indeed a credit toi Leinster at this particular time when it is becoming a one horse race.

Now, my question is:  Cork 2008 panel are sponsored by Adidas and like the Dubs in the aforementioned article, one or two of them attracted individual sponsorship.  Has this money gone to the County Board?   The answer is YES or the answer is NO.  No other answer please, you must know and it is either yes or no.  Thanks.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

heffo

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 08, 2009, 06:44:02 PM
Reillers, since you are close to the Cork Strikers can you answer me this.  First, here is an extract from the Sunday Business Post when Ciaran Whelan and Ray Cosgrove were approached by Adidas with personal sponsorship deals.  Please read:

The Dublin County Board last month signed a deal with Adidas, which will see all county teams lining out in Adidas boots for the next two seasons. As part of the deal, Adidas will pay the Dublin players' fund close to €8,000 per championship match.

While the deal will benefit underage sides in both hurling and football, it was the exposure provided by Dublin stars such as Ciaran Whelan and Ray Cosgrove that attracted Adidas.

"It is a great opportunity and we want to do it right," said a spokesperson for the company. "To be the number one brand in the country you must be involved with the number one sport."

It would appear that the Dub's allowed this sponsorship to trickle down to all the young lads and while you might suggest that  Cork were beaten by Dublin last week was an indication of how bad Cork are, I would submit that the Dublin Hurling panel have improved greatly and are indeed a credit toi Leinster at this particular time when it is becoming a one horse race.

Now, my question is:  Cork 2008 panel are sponsored by Adidas and like the Dubs in the aforementioned article, one or two of them attracted individual sponsorship.  Has this money gone to the County Board?   The answer is YES or the answer is NO.  No other answer please, you must know and it is either yes or no.  Thanks.

The Strikers allowed the money they were paid from Adidas to trickle down into extensions on their houses.

Gardai reporting the march figure as 3,000

There must've been some sale on in Harvey Norman..

cornafean

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 06:48:16 PM

Gardai reporting the march figure as 3,000

There must've been some sale on in Harvey Norman..

Either that, or the 2008 panel's campaign is haemorrhaging support, while at the same time Nicky & co in Croke Park are getting windy. Well timed lads  ::)
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

dowling

Quote from: dowling on March 07, 2009, 02:55:28 AM
Quote from: Zulu on March 06, 2009, 08:45:20 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 06, 2009, 07:17:33 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 06, 2009, 06:53:31 PM
Skull I'm not advocating stikes etc. as the first option or even a perferrable one but the latest point some posters are making is that the players succeeding here will set a dangerous precedent. I don't agree at all, quite the opposite in fact, the clubs of Cork have finally taken ownership of the situation down there due to the players going on strike. You asked me are there able administrators in my county twiddleing their thumbs and I'd have to say yes, I know quite a few lads who don't get involved at CB level because they percieve it to be a closed shop.

You are mate thats exactly what you are advocating. You're going down a very dangerous road there. Historically Cork has always been a county of anti-christs so the problems down there aren't a surprise. By and large the rest of the country's county boards do just fine.

No I'm not Indiana, where did I say that and if my first post came across like that the one you quote clearly states that I'm not so you may as well accept that rather than trying to put your interpretation of one of my posts across as fact. And I disagree that alot of CB's are doing just fine, some are doing fine jobs but I think alot more could be done to promote the games and the club scene is very poorly run in many counties.

Skull I understand that there are many people doing their best administering clubs and counties but what has happened in Cork will show all counties that if the administrators don't do their jobs in the best interests of teh GAA that the players and clubs can call them to task for it even when they try to hide behind procedures and rules.

The bottom line here is that their won't be a run counties facing striking players so we have little to worry about, too many GAA folk don't want anyone or anything to rock the boat not because they think everything is alright but out of fear of what will happen, I don't think that is teh way to run the GAA.

You see Zulu that's exactly what you are advocating and the problem is you don't even fecking realise it.
You just have to examine the tone of yourself and others, especially reillers recently, and treating those with opposing views with contempt. But as far as you're all concerned it's ok because the end will justify the means and your view will win out in the end.
I've taken your shite here as have others and refrained from the insulting language and tone and have just tried to express my point of view. At times I wonder how some things aren't staring you in the face but I always hoped your understanding or knowledge of overall GAA affairs might be improved. It seems that during the the course of the debate some of you, like the 2008 panel, have become entrenched. Reiller's manner of posts and repeating the same language, to me would suggest he has a connection to the 2008 panel and isn't for taking other views into account however.

You think rules and procedures are shite? Who put those rules and procedures in place? The same clubs you're now saying will take control of this issue and bring it to a conclusion! What's the point of clubs agreeing to put rules and procedures in place in the first instance if in certain circumstances they can be ignored. Or maybe these are exceptional circumstance and the rules and procedures can be ignored? Well to everyone I'd guess these are exceptional circumstances but if any situation arises again who's to say what is and isn't exceptional? If you involve yourself in a debate in your club on an issue to establish a rule or procedure by which the county must abide that is to go to county convention and it's passed at county convention then surely you would expect the county board to uphold the decision made by the clubs. Or do we come back to the 'well in exceptional circumstances' shite. If a 'grouping' within the GAA can bypass the decision making of the clubs in one instance they can do it again.

However there aren't too many 'groupings' who could do that. Non playing members couldn't do, junior players couldn't do it and non county playing members couldn't do it. And you, and especially GAA, could argue that technically why couldn't they but the dogs in the street know they couldn't as a seperate group affect such change and wouldn't in all likelihood choose a path similar to the 2008 panel.

The 2008 panel could have gone through the clubs but couldn't bother their arses because they're above rules and procedures, a quick strike will sort this out. Now the only way they have a chance of a self-serving victory is to use the procedures they spurned. Ironic isn't it. And ironic also that they don't even know nor bothered to check any rules and procedures before they asked the 140 odd clubs - and not 160 Zulu - to consider their motions. They put in some groundwork there. All for the good of Cork and they couldn't get a feckin rulebook to check out their proposals?

Every club the length and breadth of the country has members like this who can tell you everything and know feck all.
Sure the 2008 panel didn't even know what they signed up to last year yet there are idiots on here blindly following them. 'Oh the 2008 panel are right, they know what needs to be done.' The only smart thing they've done is to say we're putting this into the hands of the clubs.
But the sorry thing is that while I and others refer to the 2008 panel most of those boys have been lead, foolishly perhaps but still we all know they've been lead and unfortunately in the same way people on here say the clubs have been unable to stand up to the county board and shame on them, the same applies to those players and the leaders of the strike.

The bottom line to this is that if the 2008 panel win this dispute they hold all power in the county. The county board will be subservient to the 2008 panel and if that panel decides another issue needs sorted what's to stop them getting their way? They wont be bound by rules and procedures and can simply blackmail any county board who doesn't comply with their wishes by 'withdrawing their sevices'. Or do you think the 2008 panel wouldn't or couldn't do that. According to you boys power has corrupted Frank, and you wouldn't get too many arguments on that, but why wouldn't the same apply to the panel and what is there to stop another 'strike'. Rules and procedures?
But hey, maybe you just want other rules and procedures? Thought up and approved of by whom?
The only pro poster who has come close to acknowledging in part the wrongs of the 2008 panel is GAA, surprisingly, but it's taken 300 odd pages and he'll probably be on at the first opportunity to castigate me. but still in spite of that acknowledgement it comes back to 'well if this is what it takes'.
And you know, in spite of Frank maybe writing a lot of rules and procedures it's the clubs who approve them. If the clubs want to change them, fine. But let the clubs used the rules and procedures they approved to do so.

As for this shite I've taken about the GPA, the GPA have shown they're involved. But deny it all you want. What is undeniable however is that the GPA have a vested interest in the outcome of this dispute. And they couldn't give a shite about the state of Cork when all this is done and dusted. They already alluded to the threat of more strikes and that's exactly what will happen, not just in Cork, if the 2008 panel win this dispute. On the one hand the 2008 panel are saying this has nothing to do with the GPA and on the other the GPA are warning of the danger of more strikes.

If I had been Donal og or Sean og or whoever and wanted to nullify Frank and cause little disruption to Cork, I would have put a motion in to county convention to go before congress that paid county secretaries, as I believe all now are, are disqualified from being recognised as county officers and allowed no input unless sought from the CB into county board decisions. Of course you would need to check the rule books and get the wording strictly right and it would need a bit of groundwork but why not? Oh aye because Frank's back pocket is full to the brim!
Sure the 2008 panel, sorry let's be more precise. The leaders of the 2008 panel have the county on a feckin high. Fair feckin play to them!!

Is that language and tone more to your feckin liking?

Zulu you were going to tell me where I was wrong, in relation to this post I think although it wasn't the only one you called rubbish. I appreciate it's possible you were distracted with the recent posts but I'd also appreciate your explanation.

dowling

The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

heffo

Quote from: dowling on March 08, 2009, 09:03:22 PM
The figure for the 'march' today I heard was 3000. Surely the 2008 panel and their supporters have to be dissappointed with a drop of around 7000 and certainly it discredits the given figure of around 10,000 for the first march. And surely it gives the county board a greater resolve to contend this challange to the rules and procedures of the Cork GAA as voted for by the clubs.

As for the numbers voting in clubs,eg Nemo; How many members would Nemo have and of their membership how many didn't involve themselves in the vote? And when it's taken accross the board you would have to think that the number voting pro panel, while a majority in those clubs who have voted, although a minority of the clubs in the county so far, are a minority of the county members, considering how many haven't voted.

Reillers reports the figures as 7000 at the march

RTE & the Gardai report the figure as 3000

Reillers

The clubs have spoken.
Both montions passed overwhemingly so.
Thomas Ryan of Dripsey, a great man, respectable GAA man, chaired the meeting, the playres as expected steped aside and let the clubs run the meeting.

193-0 in favour of Ger Mc stepping down.
44 abstained.

A very significant that Ger Mc did not receive any vote, yet 44 abstained. The CCB cannot go on ignoring the will of the clubs.
Well done to the players who put everything on the line for this, and well done to the clubs for backing them. But nothings sorted yet.

The clubs have spoken and I can't wait to see how the pro CB posters and the CB themselves spin this.

The clubs have spoken.