McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on March 08, 2009, 12:01:32 AM
Heard it could well be all over this week. Gerald probably won't be there for the next game and I'd say half the board will be gone as well. Think there is a crunch vote on Tuesday.

I'll get an update from a Central council source in the morning..

orangeman

Who will manage the 2009 panel for the next match if Gerald steps aside ??

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 12:03:34 AM
Reillers for the first time in months you're lurking on the boards actually speechless - you should probably give Bobby a bell before I email him what you said..

Now if only you hadn't been bandying around threats (not unlike your striking comrades) earlier..

I never said that's where I was from now did I. You are babling on about Indianna's rambling.

Stop rambling on making yourself look like an idiot. I didn't post anything because I was offline, not like I have to explain myself to you. Who I still can and probably might report seeing as you were in breech of the rules, which you did not deny.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 12:05:23 AM

I'd imagine Donal Og will pick whoever he thinks suitable (probably Ger Cunningham) and in true Brian Clough style the whole panel will sit down discuss it and decide Donal Og was right (again)

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 11:44:53 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 07:26:00 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 06:47:26 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 06:32:52 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 06:09:47 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 07, 2009, 06:05:34 PM
QuoteQuite a sweeping statement there from a normally reserved considerate poster.

I could have said the same for yourself, if there are monetary issues involved in all of this I don't accept it is the driving issue. This IMO is a multi-layered issue and none of us can possibly know all aspects but if the players were motivated by monetary gain I would have thought remaining part of the panel would achieve it best.

I didn't say it was the driving issue. Reillers asked where the players lost my respect and I stated clearly where they did - when they put self gain first.

Striking certainly hasn't hurt the earning power of some of the ring leaders and their profile is now arguably far higher now than back at the time they won AI's..

How is this self gain.
Are you kidding me, the way the press have bashed them and you think that this will help their so called profile.

Where's the proof for your insulting comments, you don't have any.

The same things are said about the likes of KK get the same as do Waterford, Tipp, Kerry, Tyrone,.etc the list goes on, go complain about them.

"How is this self gain"

I'll dumb it down for you Reillers as you clearly aren't the brightest.

The nice man from Powerade/Lucozade/Adidas/Murphy Sports shop etc etc writes a big cheque and puts the strikers name on it. Striker then lodges the cheque in his bank and uses this money to buy goods and services for himself.

"The same things are said about the likes of KK get the same as do Waterford, Tipp, Kerry, Tyrone,.etc the list goes on, go complain about them" - there are indeed players on all of those panels and more besides who earn money through commercial activities, none of them however have anything approaching the earning power of Corks commercial star however..

As do every other player from every other top county.

Now this move could well loose them everything of their so called gain, not playing will do that to ya. Apparently not in your little world.

That's bullshit what you said there at the end, and you've absolutely no proof what so ever, if you continue to post things like that that in my view are highly insulting about the players, with no proof and backing I will report it.

Reillers will you respond to my retort to your 'not a shred of evidence' post - can you identify the recipient of the free car?

My comment about a certain individuals commercial earning power is fact - if you feel those comments were insulting or libelious against a named or clearly identifiable person then please report those comments - I would note that you've spent 300 odd pages playing the man and not the ball with anyone who's disagreed with you.

Ps - will you say hello to Bob down there for me - he's a good buddy of mine - I must mail him on the link about all your comments about him and we'll see how brave you are walking into the members bar now - there can't be too many Bishopstown members with the surname Reilly aged between 13-16..

Not one of my posts were about their personal life, finances and such. Yours are and you have made no apology to that. And none of which have had proof or backing.

orangeman

How did Bishopstown's EGM go ?? Does anyone know ? Reillers -  any news on this club's attitude to the whole issue ?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 12:07:41 AM
Reillers for the first time in months you're lurking on the boards actually speechless - you should probably give Bobby a bell before I email him what you said..

Now if only you hadn't been bandying around threats (not unlike your striking comrades) earlier..

I never said that's where I was from now did I. You are babling on about Indianna's rambling.

Stop rambling on making yourself look like an idiot. I didn't post anything because I was offline, not like I have to explain myself to you. Who I still can and probably might report seeing as you were in breech of the rules, which you did not deny.

You didn't have to - it's as plain as day you're from Bishopstown.

You weren't offline - you were listed as an online user (will you get your story straight please)

"not like I have to explain myself to you. Who I still can and probably might report seeing as you were in breech of the rules, which you did not deny" - Well you've been in breach of the spelling rules for the last 300 odd pages. On what grounds did I defame anyone btw? Saying that an unnamed person is the highest earning GAA player (from GAA Commercial activities) in the country?

I'd be more worried about Bobby if I were you - he has some temper but he's quite the character though..

orangeman

Honohan is a gentleman until you cross him - Jesus I wouldn't like to be anyone who posted such hatefilled posts about the CB. It would be very embarassing if one of these posters were from his own club !

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 12:10:35 AM
Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 11:44:53 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 07:26:00 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 06:47:26 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 06:32:52 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 06:09:47 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 07, 2009, 06:05:34 PM
QuoteQuite a sweeping statement there from a normally reserved considerate poster.

I could have said the same for yourself, if there are monetary issues involved in all of this I don't accept it is the driving issue. This IMO is a multi-layered issue and none of us can possibly know all aspects but if the players were motivated by monetary gain I would have thought remaining part of the panel would achieve it best.

I didn't say it was the driving issue. Reillers asked where the players lost my respect and I stated clearly where they did - when they put self gain first.

Striking certainly hasn't hurt the earning power of some of the ring leaders and their profile is now arguably far higher now than back at the time they won AI's..

How is this self gain.
Are you kidding me, the way the press have bashed them and you think that this will help their so called profile.

Where's the proof for your insulting comments, you don't have any.

The same things are said about the likes of KK get the same as do Waterford, Tipp, Kerry, Tyrone,.etc the list goes on, go complain about them.

"How is this self gain"

I'll dumb it down for you Reillers as you clearly aren't the brightest.

The nice man from Powerade/Lucozade/Adidas/Murphy Sports shop etc etc writes a big cheque and puts the strikers name on it. Striker then lodges the cheque in his bank and uses this money to buy goods and services for himself.

"The same things are said about the likes of KK get the same as do Waterford, Tipp, Kerry, Tyrone,.etc the list goes on, go complain about them" - there are indeed players on all of those panels and more besides who earn money through commercial activities, none of them however have anything approaching the earning power of Corks commercial star however..

As do every other player from every other top county.

Now this move could well loose them everything of their so called gain, not playing will do that to ya. Apparently not in your little world.

That's bullshit what you said there at the end, and you've absolutely no proof what so ever, if you continue to post things like that that in my view are highly insulting about the players, with no proof and backing I will report it.

Reillers will you respond to my retort to your 'not a shred of evidence' post - can you identify the recipient of the free car?

My comment about a certain individuals commercial earning power is fact - if you feel those comments were insulting or libelious against a named or clearly identifiable person then please report those comments - I would note that you've spent 300 odd pages playing the man and not the ball with anyone who's disagreed with you.

Ps - will you say hello to Bob down there for me - he's a good buddy of mine - I must mail him on the link about all your comments about him and we'll see how brave you are walking into the members bar now - there can't be too many Bishopstown members with the surname Reilly aged between 13-16..

Not one of my posts were about their personal life, finances and such. Yours are and you have made no apology to that. And none of which have had proof or backing.

Can you please identify the person in the photo Reillers?

I made no comment about anyones personal life - I think most posters who don't support the players have stayed away from any 'open goals' that may or not exist.

You've made quite a few nasty comments about named people on the county board, Ger Mac and your clubmate Bobby and I'd be quite worried if I were you..

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 12:17:30 AM
Honohan is a gentleman until you cross him - Jesus I wouldn't like to be anyone who posted such hatefilled posts about the CB. It would be very embarassing if one of these posters were from his own club !

He's a great man to have a few pints with and certainly won't take kindly to being defamed by one of his own clubmates

orangeman

Heffo - I don't think you've anything to fear from the Moderators. But Honohan might not be as easily talked to.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 12:21:52 AM
Heffo - I don't think you've anything to fear from the Moderators. But Honohan might not be as easily talked to.

I just texted him there that a young Reilly from his club has been defaming him regularly on the internet and maybe on rebelgaa & PORC too....I haven't got a delivery report yet so he's either out of coverage or has it turned off - I'll let ye know in the morning what he has to say.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 12:09:52 AM
Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 12:05:23 AM

I'd imagine Donal Og will pick whoever he thinks suitable (probably Ger Cunningham) and in true Brian Clough style the whole panel will sit down discuss it and decide Donal Og was right (again)

You know what's funny, you are a typical one of those GAA men. One who's stuck in the past, afraid of change, 20 years behind the players themselves.
Not one person who's worked with Donal Og and co have had a bad word to say about him.
Gerald is the only one who seemed to have a problem with the players, and I can't remember him saying anything insulting about Donal Og either, I remember him insulting Sean Og a good few times, but not a word about Donal Og, now maybe he did I can't remember. But off the top of my head, I can't recall a single person doing so.
No one is more willing to learn then him.
In Corcoran's book which apparently you have, he says he is the ultimate inch fighter, he is the one that wants 2 other keepers train and go to matches with him, he was the one in Zambia no personal gain there, or how about last night when Sean Og and Donal Og went to see Ger Feehan, everyone knows him as the Chief,  a massive Cork fan, one of the longest serving fans around, he had a serious operation during the week and he's currently in the Bons, Sean Og and Donal Og went to see him and spent an hour with him, gave him a signed jersey and spent a long time talking to him and other lads in the ward.
No one has had anything other then good words to say about Donal Og.
Or how about the day after the All Ireland final Sean Og went for his normal 6 mile run in the morning though it would have been completley understandable if he didn't. Or how about the letter from Newry sent to the paper, where they raved about Donal Og and Sully continuously for all the work they've done for the club, and how they'd done more then the GAA ever have.

Martin Walsh said..

"Anyone who ever worked with Donal Óg Cusack knows he'll listen to you. He wouldn't make you feel uncomfortable, no matter what you're saying; he'd do anything for you. He, Sean Óg and John Gardiner, as player reps, did everything they could to help Gerald over the last two seasons."

...."Donal Óg Cusack is an easy target for fellas to have a go at, an easy man to blame. As is Frank Murphy on the other side, in fairness. But to me Donal Óg is the ultimate professional — he, Sean Óg, Tom Kenny, they're lads who'll go to any lengths to get that extra one per cent out of themselves. To say Donal Óg doesn't want to be coached and so on — I know he'd row in 100% behind anyone who could improve things. That's the way he is — he's a great man for the organisation. So is Sean Óg."  

Not to mention all the time and work they put into their clubs.
These men, what you say about them, it's insulting and degrading and you've no proof to back any of it up.

At the end of the day they've done more work for the GAA then most ever will.

orangeman

Has anybody any idea how the Bishopstown EGM went ?? Reillers could you let us know how it went ( that is if you know ) ? Thanks.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 08, 2009, 12:14:21 AM
Quote from: Reillers on March 08, 2009, 12:07:41 AM

You didn't have to - it's as plain as day you're from Bishopstown.

You weren't offline - you were listed as an online user (will you get your story straight please)

"not like I have to explain myself to you. Who I still can and probably might report seeing as you were in breech of the rules, which you did not deny" - Well you've been in breach of the spelling rules for the last 300 odd pages. On what grounds did I defame anyone btw? Saying that an unnamed person is the highest earning GAA player (from GAA Commercial activities) in the country?

I'd be more worried about Bobby if I were you - he has some temper but he's quite the character though..

Really because I day or so ago you hadn't a clue. And you still don't.

It's called leaving the computer and not getting out of it. It's an amazing thing really, a terrible habbit I have.