McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

IMO they're highly insulting points about the players with no proof to back them up and I never said I was from Bishopstown, Indianna needs to retract his statement now seeing as I've made it perfectly clear that I do not want to discuss what club I was from on here.

"Rules
2. Libellous/insulting posts about a real person
   In this day and age, many more people are becoming aware of the existance of boards such as this. While this is generally a good thing, it also means that the posts are
   more likely to be read by a casual visitor to the site. In these circumstances, the board must protect itself against allegations of libel, or defamation and so any posts
   which make derogatory remarks about a named, or clearly implied, individual, are a serious breach of the rules, and dangerous to the board itself. This particularly applies
   to individuals' private lives, finances, legal issues etc etc. This also applies to unwarranted abuse of GAA players and officials.

INDIANA

I'm not retracting anything, whats the big deal everyone knows what club I'm from, its no mystery. Stop acting like a baby Reillers, you have to able to give and take it.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on March 07, 2009, 07:47:58 PM
I'm not retracting anything, whats the big deal everyone knows what club I'm from, its no mystery. Stop acting like a baby Reillers, you have to able to give and take it.

You will because I never once said anything like that and for all you know you're posting false info, I never said that I was from there, how do you know you're right? Where did you get that from, or the fact that I was from Nemos.

INDIANA

Because if I'm right your the same Reillers , who is a big munster rugby fan who claims he's from Bishopstown and who uses the name "reillers" on other rugby forums. Tell me I'm wrong.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on March 07, 2009, 07:53:05 PM
Because if I'm right your the same Reillers , who is a big munster rugby fan who claims he's from Bishopstown and who uses the name "reillers" on other rugby forums. Tell me I'm wrong.
What rugby forum, wrong you are. I haven't posted anything like that on any rugby forum.

INDIANA

I'll retract it  ;) ;). Happy ;D.

By the way I'm from vincents in Dublin. I think that's covered by the Freedom of Information act.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on March 07, 2009, 07:56:35 PM

By the way I'm from vincents in Dublin. I think that's covered by the Freedom of Information act.

No I'm not, a little late for that.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 08:02:14 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 07, 2009, 07:56:35 PM

No I'm not, a little late for that.

Only yourself to blame reillers. You couldn't just debate the issues, you had to accuse the rest of us of not having a clue and you knew people and were in the best position to judge everything.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 07:26:00 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 06:47:26 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 06:32:52 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 06:09:47 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 07, 2009, 06:05:34 PM
QuoteQuite a sweeping statement there from a normally reserved considerate poster.

I could have said the same for yourself, if there are monetary issues involved in all of this I don't accept it is the driving issue. This IMO is a multi-layered issue and none of us can possibly know all aspects but if the players were motivated by monetary gain I would have thought remaining part of the panel would achieve it best.

I didn't say it was the driving issue. Reillers asked where the players lost my respect and I stated clearly where they did - when they put self gain first.

Striking certainly hasn't hurt the earning power of some of the ring leaders and their profile is now arguably far higher now than back at the time they won AI's..

How is this self gain.
Are you kidding me, the way the press have bashed them and you think that this will help their so called profile.

Where's the proof for your insulting comments, you don't have any.

The same things are said about the likes of KK get the same as do Waterford, Tipp, Kerry, Tyrone,.etc the list goes on, go complain about them.

"How is this self gain"

I'll dumb it down for you Reillers as you clearly aren't the brightest.

The nice man from Powerade/Lucozade/Adidas/Murphy Sports shop etc etc writes a big cheque and puts the strikers name on it. Striker then lodges the cheque in his bank and uses this money to buy goods and services for himself.

"The same things are said about the likes of KK get the same as do Waterford, Tipp, Kerry, Tyrone,.etc the list goes on, go complain about them" - there are indeed players on all of those panels and more besides who earn money through commercial activities, none of them however have anything approaching the earning power of Corks commercial star however..

As do every other player from every other top county.

Now this move could well loose them everything of their so called gain, not playing will do that to ya. Apparently not in your little world.

That's bullshit what you said there at the end, and you've absolutely no proof what so ever, if you continue to post things like that that in my view are highly insulting about the players, with no proof and backing I will report it.

Reillers you're not thinking of using rules and procedures of this board to achieve an objective are you? Why not just go on strike?

anglocelt39

Fair play Indiana looks like we are making a bit of progress here, from Bishopstown and a member of the 2008 panel, that narrows things a bit.

The only worry I would have about the Reillers on a Rugby thread bit though is how one person could have the time to devote over there given the inordinate amount of time he spends blowing his hole on this Board.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

anglocelt39

Reillers you're not thinking of using rules and procedures of this board to achieve an objective are you? Why not just go on strike? :D :D :D :D
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 07:26:00 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 06:47:26 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 06:32:52 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 07, 2009, 06:09:47 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 07, 2009, 06:05:34 PM
QuoteQuite a sweeping statement there from a normally reserved considerate poster.

I could have said the same for yourself, if there are monetary issues involved in all of this I don't accept it is the driving issue. This IMO is a multi-layered issue and none of us can possibly know all aspects but if the players were motivated by monetary gain I would have thought remaining part of the panel would achieve it best.

I didn't say it was the driving issue. Reillers asked where the players lost my respect and I stated clearly where they did - when they put self gain first.

Striking certainly hasn't hurt the earning power of some of the ring leaders and their profile is now arguably far higher now than back at the time they won AI's..

How is this self gain.
Are you kidding me, the way the press have bashed them and you think that this will help their so called profile.

Where's the proof for your insulting comments, you don't have any.

The same things are said about the likes of KK get the same as do Waterford, Tipp, Kerry, Tyrone,.etc the list goes on, go complain about them.

"How is this self gain"

I'll dumb it down for you Reillers as you clearly aren't the brightest.

The nice man from Powerade/Lucozade/Adidas/Murphy Sports shop etc etc writes a big cheque and puts the strikers name on it. Striker then lodges the cheque in his bank and uses this money to buy goods and services for himself.

"The same things are said about the likes of KK get the same as do Waterford, Tipp, Kerry, Tyrone,.etc the list goes on, go complain about them" - there are indeed players on all of those panels and more besides who earn money through commercial activities, none of them however have anything approaching the earning power of Corks commercial star however..

As do every other player from every other top county.

Now this move could well loose them everything of their so called gain, not playing will do that to ya. Apparently not in your little world.

That's bullshit what you said there at the end, and you've absolutely no proof what so ever, if you continue to post things like that that in my view are highly insulting about the players, with no proof and backing I will report it.

Reillers will you respond to my retort to your 'not a shred of evidence' post - can you identify the recipient of the free car?

My comment about a certain individuals commercial earning power is fact - if you feel those comments were insulting or libelious against a named or clearly identifiable person then please report those comments - I would note that you've spent 300 odd pages playing the man and not the ball with anyone who's disagreed with you.

Ps - will you say hello to Bob down there for me - he's a good buddy of mine - I must mail him on the link about all your comments about him and we'll see how brave you are walking into the members bar now - there can't be too many Bishopstown members with the surname Reilly aged between 13-16..

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 07, 2009, 07:54:05 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 07, 2009, 07:53:05 PM
What rugby forum, wrong you are.

Yoda voice

INDIANA

Heard it could well be all over this week. Gerald probably won't be there for the next game and I'd say half the board will be gone as well. Think there is a crunch vote on Tuesday.

heffo

Reillers for the first time in months you're lurking on the boards actually speechless - you should probably give Bobby a bell before I email him what you said..

Now if only you hadn't been bandying around threats (not unlike your striking comrades) earlier..