McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Zulu you seem to be another one who can't read. Throw up one post I made to show I'm a 'pro-CB poster'.

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on March 04, 2009, 05:00:45 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 04, 2009, 03:43:34 PM
It's funny reading pro-CB posters at this stage, I'd say yer not sure what yer arguing any more, ye started off arguing that the players were going against the age old democratic process that has served the GAA so well and that the grassroots were being ignored. Then when that process was shown to be, at least, very flawed ye tried to tell us that it was the way of the world so it was no biggie, now that the grassroots are coming out in favour of the players yer arguing what exactly? That Gerald isn't a problem and therefore shouldn't be got rid of? That there are clubs who will support the CB or that if only 55% of clubs support the players that it isn't worth all this?

I'm not sure ye have a point any more, maybe one or two of ye could tell us what point yer trying to make.
[/b]

Sure everything's alright now then isn't it ?

The 2008 panel will be back shortly under their "preferred" manager and everybody in Cork will be so indebted to the 2008 panel for the "fantastic" job they've done in the county and how they have enhanced not only their own reputations but the reputation of the Cork GAA in general.

They'll no doubt get the freedom of the city for "saving Cork hurling" that was dying on its feet. Great lads altogether.

Sure it was all about the good of Cork hurling wasn't it ? Isn't that right ?

Plus the 2008 will be shown that by striking you get the right result regardless of the complete desolation you leave in your wake.

Time will show that this exercise will not have been worth the hassle that the strikers have caused.

And by the way, it isn't over yet.

Happy now ?

orangeman

Quote from: dowling on March 04, 2009, 06:02:16 PM
Zulu you seem to be another one who can't read. Throw up one post I made to show I'm a 'pro-CB poster'.

Ditto for me as well.

Will Donal Og take the chair next Teuesday night or will family / work commitments preclude him ?

Reillers

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on March 04, 2009, 05:57:27 PM
One good thing that may come out of this is that the Cork clubs will now take a stricter look at the rules in place. If motions were being ruled out of order then it means those putting forwards motions did not have a great knowledge of the rulebook nor enough respect for it.
The problem with the CB is that it knew the rule book too well, that it used it to it's advantage. It's used as a shield because no one knows the rule book as well as FM, people from all over the country ring him up to clarify rules and such. He has such power in GAA in general because he knows the rule book so well.
So much so that they are able to ignore all the clubs, all the grassroots, all the fans and all the players in this. IT does not matter that 12000 people marched on the streets or 400 club reps came up to support the players and clubs are meeting up and down the county are meeting and backing the players, overwhelmingly so.

Only the CCB could actually manage to ignore that because the rule book technically says that can.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 04, 2009, 06:06:32 PM

Ditto for me as well.

Will Donal Og take the chair next Teuesday night or will family / work commitments preclude him ?

Both are ye are unbelievably anti players, at this stage being pro Gerald, well most of them are genuine pro Gerald and have at this stage watered down on their opinon because of what's going on at CB level, the little left Gerald supporters are really CB supporters.
You can't just be anti players, you have to be pro something, and ye have all acted pro CB for pages now, ever since the tide turned.

cicfada

Reillers how many clubs will show their hand to the players on Sunday night? Is it not a little concerning to clubs that they don't know how exactly the clubs will be showing their votes on Sunday night? Is there going to be an independent person there counting them? This idea of clubs writing their votes on headed paper and officers signing it then is alittle over the top surely? After all the votes on Sunday night will couint for nothing only to give the players some kind of opinion poll no?? Clubs I would wager will be using votes to mandate their delegates won't they??

orangeman

The tide has not turned.

Nemo Rangers, described as being one of the biggest and most influential clubs in Ireland don't even have the stomach to put a vote of no confidence in Gerald. And rightly so. They know that Gerlad has not done anything wrong. The chairman has said so.

It says a lot about the GAA fraternity in Cork who can go into a meeting on a Sunday night and vote one way and go into another meeting 2 nights later and vote the other way and live through what seems like the worst type of dictatorial oppression for 30 years but say nothing or do nothing about it. That is, until a fewlads went on strike. Says a lot about the values some people hold down there.

Eoghan Mag

Reillers it does show there is a laziness in Cork clubs in general in relation to learning all the rules and this part cannot be blamed on the CCB.

I think it was Micheal Collins who devised the method of learning all about the enemy before engagement. The clubs better be using their time now to brush up on the rules if they really want a show down with the CCB.

dowling

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on March 04, 2009, 06:19:29 PM
Reillers it does show there is a laziness in Cork clubs in general in relation to learning all the rules and this part cannot be blamed on the CCB.

I think it was Micheal Collins who devised the method of learning all about the enemy before engagement. The clubs better be using their time now to brush up on the rules if they really want a show down with the CCB.

And if the clubs read rule books like reillers and co read posts they needn't bother.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 04, 2009, 06:19:22 PM
The tide has not turned.

Nemo Rangers, described as being one of the biggest and most influential clubs in Ireland don't even have the stomach to put a vote of no confidence in Gerald. And rightly so. They know that Gerlad has not done anything wrong. The chairman has said so.

It says a lot about the GAA fraternity in Cork who can go into a meeting on a Sunday night and vote one way and go into another meeting 2 nights later and vote the other way and live through what seems like the worst type of dictatorial oppression for 30 years but say nothing or do nothing about it. That is, until a fewlads went on strike. Says a lot about the values some people hold down there.

Are you that blind.

IT IS NOTHING PERSONAL is what they said about Gerald, and it isn't. But he's a puppet now, he's a CB pawn and the only way of getting to the CB is by getting rid of him first. I said it would happen, everyone knew it was bound to happen. And clubs, while they mightn't enjoy it are, like Nemos, willing to sacrifice Gerald. It's not about having the stomach or not, McCarthy's done nothing wrong to Nemo so they are wording their motion in a slighty softer way, but it still means the same thing. Gerald gone.
He's a legend, he is, but I've little sympathy left for him because he made his bed.

The clubs are not voting in the CB meetings, the CB delegates are voting, and in large, not the way they were instructed. That is not democracy.
The players have left it completley open to the clubs. Let it completley up to the clubs. Whatever their decision will be from Sunday night, it'll be the clubs decisions, the real club members, not a bunch of executives in a room and their puppets voting which ever way they want them to vote. It'll be the clubs decision.
Whatever happens now happens, but if the clubs come out in favour of the players on Sunday but are not allowed to revote then as curropt as it is, at least we'll know for once and for all where the true opinions of Cork GAA lie.

How to you hasn't that turned? What hasn't changed, because at the start of this all we had every against the players, now we've all the clubs united under one against the CB, the way it should have been done years ago.
How hasn't things changed? How isn't that the tide turning, I swear OM, the way you take, and you do it all the time, it's like you don't want a solution to be found.

Zulu

I don't read every post dowling but Reillers, GAA and myself have consistently defended the players and been pro-player throughout this debate. Yourself (recently) and OM(constantly) have argued with us, so if yer not pro-CB what are you and what are ye arguing about? I won't talk for anyone else but I've been pro-player becasue the Cb haven't done their job properly and the only way for the players to fight this was to strike, which part of that do you or OM disagree with and why?

QuotePlus the 2008 will be shown that by striking you get the right result regardless of the complete desolation you leave in your wake.

Time will show that this exercise will not have been worth the hassle that the strikers have caused.

And by the way, it isn't over yet.

Happy now ?

Is that directed to me? If so, I'm I right in saying you've posted repeatedly for 300 odd pages because you feel that the only problem with the players is that they went on strike and regardless of the rights and wrongs this will set a dangerous precedent?

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on March 04, 2009, 03:38:30 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 04, 2009, 03:27:19 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 04, 2009, 02:35:31 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 04, 2009, 01:16:05 PM
The fact that it has taken players who possess a miltant tendency to start this "revolution" (just to get rid of GMcC btw) and that it has taken clubs months to even show representative interest in how the CCB runs things in Cork tells me that there won't be too many "leaders" willing to take up the reigns should the CCB resign. Am I wrong?

I'm not surprised that after all this that you think this is just to get rid of Gerald. I now know that you have that little GAA knowledge that that is all you can manage to grasp so I'm not even going to bother saying it again.
It's been said 100 times backwards forwards and upside down and either you've ignored 100 times or you are that slow. Your pick.

;D Jesus your a laugh Reillers. The man who covers all his bases when positioning what/who the players are after so that he can pull each of them out as evidence when required.

Are you prepared to say now that the players didn't just set out to get rid of Ger McC because thats what I have accused them of and you have stated the same?

The idea was at the start to get rid of Gerald because of the way he was reappointed, but things have escalated so much, it's a lot bigger then Gerald now. If that's what you meant and it was me only half reading your post which is kinda what I did, then I apologise.

Or is it that your just "slow"  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on March 04, 2009, 06:19:29 PM

In Cork GAA there's been a problem with that CB for a long time. But one day a club would have a problem with them, but what, speak up on their own and risk getting the name put in the book? Which would mean the club suffering the consequences mainly in the pocket which no one could afford. Not worth it.
It goes like that for a hell lot of clubs.
And no one was willing to try and organise the clubs together and stop the CB because while they burned alot of clubs there was never just one uniting reason to do so. The only ones who ever stood up to the CB were the players. And even then all that was resolved in time and there was no need for clubs intervention that much.
But now, because it's gone on so long and the players actually gave the clubs a chance to speak, they gave the clubs a chance to call the shots, which the CB never did. And the CB's stance on McCarthy backfired so much because they insulted the clubs so badly by basically saying that they didn't give two shits, and that was the straw that broke the cammels back or they say. Finally they got organised, finally they had enough.
I think there are a hell of people scrambling for the rule books just to figure out how to beat them. But FM basically wrote the rule book. But it's gotten to the point where they are saying that the clubs could use legal action.
It's gotten that bad. What kind of CB would that have to happen, where the clubs to have their say, needed to take legal action against their so called representitives.

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on March 04, 2009, 06:46:43 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 04, 2009, 03:38:30 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 04, 2009, 03:27:19 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 04, 2009, 02:35:31 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 04, 2009, 01:16:05 PM
The fact that it has taken players who possess a miltant tendency to start this "revolution" (just to get rid of GMcC btw) and that it has taken clubs months to even show representative interest in how the CCB runs things in Cork tells me that there won't be too many "leaders" willing to take up the reigns should the CCB resign. Am I wrong?

I'm not surprised that after all this that you think this is just to get rid of Gerald. I now know that you have that little GAA knowledge that that is all you can manage to grasp so I'm not even going to bother saying it again.
It's been said 100 times backwards forwards and upside down and either you've ignored 100 times or you are that slow. Your pick.

;D Jesus your a laugh Reillers. The man who covers all his bases when positioning what/who the players are after so that he can pull each of them out as evidence when required.

Are you prepared to say now that the players didn't just set out to get rid of Ger McC because thats what I have accused them of and you have stated the same?

The idea was at the start to get rid of Gerald because of the way he was reappointed, but things have escalated so much, it's a lot bigger then Gerald now. If that's what you meant and it was me only half reading your post which is kinda what I did, then I apologise.

Or is it that your just "slow"  :)
:D :D

Reillers

Quote from: cicfada on March 04, 2009, 06:18:47 PM
Reillers how many clubs will show their hand to the players on Sunday night? Is it not a little concerning to clubs that they don't know how exactly the clubs will be showing their votes on Sunday night? Is there going to be an independent person there counting them? This idea of clubs writing their votes on headed paper and officers signing it then is alittle over the top surely? After all the votes on Sunday night will couint for nothing only to give the players some kind of opinion poll no?? Clubs I would wager will be using votes to mandate their delegates won't they??

Clubs have called SGM's a lot have had theirs and a lot are having them this Fri/Sat.
And well you said it..
The players then want them to "come back with the ballot results on the motions on club-headed paper and signed by the club officers. "They should include mobile
numbers and club members with them, state whether the club is senior, intermediate or junior, and bring the results in an envelope with the club name on the outside."
Over the top, well they are doing it thoroughly and so no one can second guess the results, they're doing it the right way.
The results will very much matter because the CB cannot ignore every single club in Cork. Croke Park will not ignore that. There's talk of legal action if they do snub the clubs.
And that way as well, I suppose if a club goes back to the players with all that done that they asked, unquestionable proof of what's been done, water tight stuff, their club delegate can't go into the next meeting and believe that he can get away with voting against their club. If there's a vote of 90 to 13 in favour of whatever FM wants, the players and clubs can then look at the results of their clubs and know that delegates aren't representing them. I suppose it could be used as a lead for the delegate.